Myfitnesspal.com support thread 5

(990 Posts)

A shiny new thread for existing users of mfp and for anyone new who would like to join us for support, bottom kicking and general chatting smile

Old thread here

pinkladyslipper Fri 23-Nov-12 11:22:52

Hi, i am inspired by you all to post here. I used MFP when I ha DC1 but as I was pregnant about a week later so just using it again after getting fed up of Slimming World. I was just 12stone the week I had DC2 almost 6 months ago and I am 9 st 8 (ish!). Want to be 9st. Finding the last half stone tough. I am mrsfreckles on MFP.

jchocchip Fri 23-Nov-12 19:14:57

Hi everyone. have new phone now and its great. Works with barcodes really quickly unlike my old one so.that is quite a novelty. Gps is not very accurate sad but it does have lots of settings so it may improve. Will see how it tracks parkrun tomorrow. Hope I can keep up with the logging.

I think I've lost my logging on mfp sad. It's been really hard not to log so I've been trying to forget and don't think I opened the app yesterday, oh well! Our scales have broken so as well as not logging I am also not able to weigh myself so a bit panicked now. Hope everyone else is doing well, this thread is very quiet at the moment.

As an aside and just to say because I don't feel I've complained to enough people, I'm really pissed off with getting wet!!!! Stop sodding raining!!!! Feel better now grin

Cinnamon I am still here, just quietly ploding on smile
I am also fed up of the rain and how dark it is all day, very hard to get motivated! grin

That's good MonsterBookOfTysons! The weather really gets you down after a while.

I posted this on the maintaining thread I started but can I ask you guys too? Wanted to ask about clothes, my bodyshape has totally changed and I know some clothes I used to wear don't suit me know and vice versa. My dad had bought me knee high boots for my birthday (which I've never been able to fit into before!) and I'm thinking of buying a wooly dress and leggings from h&m less than £40 for both so not breaking te bank. BUT it's such a total change to what I normally wear I don't know if its a good idea. I already dislike the attention my weight loss causes I feel as if changing my dress style will draw more attention and make it seem a bit like I'm showing off. Am I being ridiculous?

Cinnamon I want that style outfit too! But worry as the last time I wore anything stylish my sil looked me up and down but that was before the weight loss.
You will look great and hopefully get used to the attention or used to ignoring it.
grin

Movingforward123 Fri 30-Nov-12 22:36:29

Hi everyone can I join? smile

I have a few questions about my fitness pal smile

My mum treated me while we were out MonsterBookOfTysons and I wore it out tonight smile

Welcome Movingforward123, what are your questions?

Movingforward123 Fri 30-Nov-12 23:02:18

Thanks smile

Well I work in retail once a week for 8hours, normally I'm not on my feet all day, I'm wondering if I can add calories for standing all day?

I've entered standing in mfp, and it came up with standing fishing on a river bank and gave a lot of extra calories. Obviously I wouldn't use all the extra calories but maybe an extra 200-300? What do you think?

What do you have your activity level set at? I would probably tend not to add it but then I have my activity set at lightly active so think that something like that would come into it. I can't imagine standing on a river bank fishing would really burn loads of calories, you have to be careful with some activities as they are clearly overestimated! Also depends what you're doing on a normal day. Mon- Fri I do 2 or 3 school runs pushing a double buggy with 3 children on it so about 1-1 1/2hrs walking plus chasing kids around whereas on a weekend I don't do half as much but I don't adjust for those days.

hairtwiddler Sun 02-Dec-12 20:41:24

Can I join? New to myfitness pal and no friends yet! Anyone who wants to add me please do. I'm gotootsiego on there...
I'm using the app currently to try to eat less/keep track of my eating. By doing this so far I've kept under calorie goal.
Probably at least two stone to loose. Some motivation would be great.

RGPargy Mon 03-Dec-12 06:10:11

Hi everyone! Lost you all! Oopsie!! smile

HermioneHatesHoovering Mon 03-Dec-12 07:03:21

Hiya,
I'm 11 weeks in and 10.2kg down, yay! Had lots of social events this last week so trying to be careful and now on the run up to Christmas it'll be hard but doing my best.

Groovee Mon 03-Dec-12 07:07:37

Struggling. I just don't seem to be able to move on from where I am. It's the 5lb before Christmas struggle :-(

RGPargy Mon 03-Dec-12 10:18:03

I've been struggling for the past year!! I think my lowest was 16st 1lb and that was for about a week. The scales have not moved in the right direction ever since!!

Sorry to hear that you are struggling groovee and RGPargy. Perhaps it's time to enjoy Christmas and start again in the new year? I have come to a nice equilibrium now where I can have some treats and then have a good day the next day and it all seems to be working itself out so I don't feel deprived and in turn don't feel the need to binge. Perhaps you need to change something, calories up/down, daily habits or have a juggle with what you are eating?

RGPargy Mon 03-Dec-12 23:42:30

Yes you are right cinnamon. I will have to try and analyse my triggers for going off the rails.....

MonsterBookOfTinsel Tue 04-Dec-12 20:48:29

I have put myself on to Maintain!
Just for the Christmas period as I will only be over everyday which will make me depressed.
I want Baileys and nice food!
I plan on going back to 1260 cals after the Baileys has gone grin

What is it giving you to maintain? Do you really need to go back to 1260, I thought you were happy where you were? I aim for 1600-1800 most days but I'm pretty active, still running 2-3 times a week too. This weather really doesn't encourage exercise, well not outside exercise anyway! Went to running club monday and my hands almost froze off sad

Ooooh just seen the festive smileys smile

MonsterBookOfTinsel Tue 04-Dec-12 21:55:34

Cinnamon I am happy where I am, I guess I assume I will put weight on as I haven't maintained before. If I don't put weight on I will carry on maintaining.
I think it said 1760 which is brilliant.
Nearly a year of 1200-1400 and I can finally eat! grin
I walk 80 mins to 120 mins at least a day <school runs, but fast as I am always late> wink
Cycle once a week but only 20 mins as I am travelling to and from Rainbow's and it's freezing! grin
I want to cycle more, it's dh's bike, I may take it out tomorrow and get my own for my birthday.

Bertrude Wed 05-Dec-12 05:22:29

Hola

Just thought I'd add myself to this thread so I can discuss the sheer hell wonder that is MFP

I joined in June '11 and managed to lose 13kg by October. Then I ate and stopped exercising and I put 7kg back on.

I started back up again last week as the dress I've bought for NYE fits but would be better no Bridget pants required if I lose a little bit. I decided I wanted to lose 4kg by Christmas (yeah right!) and to my shock, I have lost 2.5kg since last Tuesday.

I'm now set to 1240 per day but am trying to exercise properly every day. I have the P90X discs and whilst I know I cannot commit to that the tortoise has taken over the bedroom where my pull up bar is kept I am trying to do some of the cardio discs. We have a 5km running track out the back of our apartment block so I'm trying to use that 3-4 times per week, and weekends I go kayaking. Sundays I play netball.

Must. Keep. Going.

Sounds very active Bertrude!!! Perhaps your calories are a little low for being that active or are you eating some of your exercise calories too? Well done on your weightloss.

aPirateInaPearTree Thu 06-Dec-12 20:17:15

thought i'd pop back, havent been on here in ages.

I started mfp at the end of Jan, very determined, for the first time in my life to so something as my weight has crept up and up over the yrs.

I lost 2two stone this yr doing it, and stopped going on there in august. I now have a better idea of what i should be eating, and decided to trust myself in august. i think since august i have lost 5lbs of that 2 stone, so even tho i am not being perfect, it is still very slowly coming off iyswim.
It's just i read some people saying about coming off it, and i just wanted to say that if you really think and try hard you don't have to be a slave to it over xmas. I know what i am not supposed to have, and am pleased i seem to have reached a sort of place where i can trust my self. Something i have never done before.

I am not slim, but happier. i was 11st 12 and am now 9st 10. just wanted to say, i was hoping it would work, and it did. it was very slow, some weeks i lost nothing. sometimes it took 4 weeks to lose a bloody pound. it was hard work, but i know it can work. I have a very slow metabolism and no i don't really exercise either, i am a lazy bloody cow.

x

jchocchip Thu 06-Dec-12 20:33:41

Checking in. was going to go for a swim but couldn't face walking to the pool in the rain <wuss emoticon> have been logging again but forgot today. Will try and remember everything...

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now