Myfitnesspal.com support thread 5

(990 Posts)

A shiny new thread for existing users of mfp and for anyone new who would like to join us for support, bottom kicking and general chatting smile

Old thread here

Groovee Wed 07-Nov-12 09:41:45

Well done First Post xx

That's great firstpost, you should have joined the thread earlier though wink

firstpost Wed 07-Nov-12 14:40:29

Thanks all smile Have just read back my post and worried it sounded "boasty" when I was aiming for grateful!

I was a lurker on MN for around 5 years before I started posting some sort of record perhaps? Aim to post at least once a dau now and would like to join in! Still have 6 lbs to go and the closer I get to goal the harder it seems to shift. It doesnt help that I have snickers celebrations chocoalates taunting me in the cupboard.

I have been following all your progress <stalker> so well done!

Not at all!!!!! Welcome to the thread grin

cookieowner Wed 07-Nov-12 14:57:58

Havent been on here for a week or so but have now lost 17lbs so pretty happy, and have been away for the weekend so didnt log but tried not to be to unhealthy and hope next weeks weigh in isnt a gain!
Hope everyone else is doing ok still
i am aiming to hit the 2 stone lost by christmas so really want to shift another 11lbs by then

ThePinkNinja Thu 08-Nov-12 22:28:50

Am on the 2lbs a week thread, but using cal counting and myfitnesspal smile So, please can I join you all as well? smile

RGPargy Fri 09-Nov-12 10:03:12

Hi guys. Bookmarking!!

jchocchip Fri 09-Nov-12 22:58:51

hi everyone, just when I thought I would get back to logging, I have broken my android, so I can only log on a pc sad Will have to be good tomorrow, today wasn't too bad ...

MonsterBookOfTyFawkes Sun 11-Nov-12 19:26:32

I went for a bra fitting at Debenhams yesterday. My first ever bra fitting .
I have always been comfortable in a 34C since I was 16 years old.
My bra had been getting loose and falling off my shoulders.
I am now a 32D!
I am very happy grin

Yay well done MonsterBookOfTyFawkes! I've gone from a 36G to 32DD, quite depressing really sad

Been for a run today and foot didn't stop me, did 25 mins. Legs bloody hurt though!!!

MrsBucketxx Wed 14-Nov-12 09:06:09

been on mgp for 2 months and lost 11 pounds so far. so im marking my place.

im the same username as here if you want to add me

This thread is very quiet at the moment, hope everyone is doing well and enjoying some lovely winter soups!!

I am still maintaining although I've seen some bad habits sneaking back in, took a few days of making sure I wasn't eating to much to get back to where I was. I'm back to running now and was surprised to be able to do 25mins on Sunday and then went to running group Monday and did some interval training which was great. Foot really hurt when I had stopped for recovery and then restarted sad

How is everyone feeling about the run up to Christmas, what are your philosophies on it? Last year I started cutting down in November so was being good over Christmas, I carried on loosing just by not pigging out but having some bits. Not sure how strong my resolve will be this year! Luckily we are going to my mums for Christmas day so other than bits we are bought as pressie I won't have lots of cakes/sweets/mince pies in the house.

And welcome MrsBucketxx!!

Well done mrsBucketxx.

I lost 27lb since the end of June. My main issue is trying to do more exercise. At the moment I'm mainly trying to keep doing 10,000 steps a day as I have twisted/pulled the ligaments in one of my knees. So when I try anything more then walking my leg is burning and I can't put any weight on it.

I'm going to start sewing again in the evenings so i'm not picking.

Cinnamongreyhound.

I think me and DH are just going to try and take it easy over christmas and not log as neither of us want to think that we can't have things we fancy. But we tend to go mad anyway.

jchocchip Fri 16-Nov-12 20:59:10

marking place. I've bought a new phone and I'm going to start logging from there as soon as it arrives. hopefully tomorrow. parkrun day smile Last year I logged over Christmas at DMils and managed to lose !!! smile

Ellellie Sat 17-Nov-12 19:11:37

<slinks back onto thread>

I should hang my head in shame. I'm back because I tried to buy an autumn jacket today and could not find any that fit :-( I've only got myself to blame really for dropping the ball <wail>

How is every one doing?

cece Sat 17-Nov-12 19:21:10

Hello, I didn't know this thread was here. I have been using MFP for a few months now and so far have lost nearly 2 stone.

waves to jchochip and cinnamongreyhound.

Hi cece! Well done, don't know how I didn't mention this thread! Welcome anyway smile

Groovee Sun 18-Nov-12 10:00:17

After a few iffy weeks I have lost 2lbs and am feeling it. 23lb loss in 120 days. Dh has lost 27lb so only 1lb to his 2st. Not sure If I will manage 5lb before Christmas. But can try. Will have the day off for dh's birthday then mine.

RGPargy Mon 19-Nov-12 22:59:10

Just bookmarking. Been terrible re food and am now too poorly to exercise due to a tight horrible chesty cough and a virus or something. sad

I was meant to be borrowing DPs fitbit this week to see how much I burn, but I've just checked my bra where it was clipped, and it's no longer there. Fuck fuck fuck.

Having a bad time with the weight loss ATM too. Made cakes for school and ended up having a bit of a baking spree. I can't seem to control myself around cake.

That's not good MackerelOfFact sad hope he's not too cross!!

Aarrrgghhh when will everyone stop comment on me being too skinny? I haven't lost weight since the end of July and still I get comments about losing more weight and that I need to stop. Would have thought people I see regularly would be used to me by now. Only the very exciting plus side I went boot shopping with my mum Sunday and bought knee high boots for the first time ever in my life!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! But they're from my Dad for my birthday so I won't get them until a week Friday sad

The fitbit didn't turn up (it must've fallen off when I was running for the train) so I ordered DP a replacement, only to later see they'd been in the Amazon Black Friday sale earlier in the day for £40 instead of £80!

Oh well. Lesson learnt. Apparently he was only lending it to me to see if I'd want one for Xmas, but that answered that question!

Cinnamon that's quite annoying - I guess people remember you at your previous size so it's constantly a suprise when they see you slim. I'm sure they don't mean anything nasty by it, but if they do it's just jealousy I expect.

TwoJackRussellsandababy Wed 21-Nov-12 07:38:34

Can I join in? I'm singularly failing to lose the baby weight and need to really track what I'm eating, having some friends to help me would be fab! My username is twojacks, please add me if you want to, thanks!

Hi TwoJackRussellsandababy, welcome!!

Some of you may have seen my post today on mfp but I'll repeat it here too. I've decided to have a week of not logging and see how I go. I've maintained for 4 months now and think its time to brave going it alone. Although I chickened out of not logging today as I took ds2 out and we shared a McDonalds! I'll still keep posting here though and hope not need to go back to logging due to massive weight gain wink

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now