The Little Black Dress Low Carb Bootcamp - starting in 2 week's time!

(442 Posts)
BIWI Sun 16-Sep-12 21:43:24

Following on from the success of Bootcamp v1, where we lost in the region of 70 stone between us, we will be running a 10 week v2 Bootcamp, starting on Monday 1 October.

This is designed to take us up to the end of the first week in December, by which time you should have lost at least half a stone - and that's being pessimistic. There's every chance you could lose more than a stone over that period of time! Plenty of time to make sure that you can get into that Little Black Dress without the lumps and bumps showing too much.

This is how it will work:

The first two weeks will be very strict. I will shout at you a lot and will wave my big stick around with gay abandon. After this period, you can then relax into Bootcamp Light or, if it suits you, stick with Bootcamp for the remaining 8 weeks.

We have a Spreadsheet of Marvellousness, which will be upated each week, so that you can plot your progress.

There are 10 simple rules here , and it's really easy to do. No weighing or counting (unless you really want to). And above all, lots of support from all those who are doing it alongside you.

Who is up for it?

BigBroomstickBIWI Fri 05-Oct-12 20:14:40

Post everything on the new thread - there will be a new one on Monday!

fufulina Fri 05-Oct-12 19:59:37

Bollocks, sorry, should I have posted that on chat thread? What are the rules for chat vs bootcamp discussions? Is it just weight and food on here?

fufulina Fri 05-Oct-12 19:58:30

Hello, back from holiday, and need to read through this thread from the start. Weighed in today at 75.5, so I put on 1kg exactly on holiday. Was a) amazed and b) delighted. I reckon that will be off in a couple of weeks, as I was not good on the alcohol/ice cream front, and on the way home, totally capitulated with a whopper with cheese, pretzels, and a boat load of 70% chocolate. Not my finest hour.

So, back on it. Really excited to be back on it, and looking forward to catching up now.

BigStickBIWI Mon 01-Oct-12 15:12:42

NEW CHAT THREAD IS OVER OVER HERE

NotMostPeople Mon 01-Oct-12 15:09:09

So I weighed in this morning sans glasses etc and I'm now 149 pounds ie. 10st7 which I'm thrilled about as on PILs scales yesterday afternoon I was 10.13. Two weeks of eating badly has given a a one pound gain and not 6 phew!

Anyhow, Bootcamp is still needed to get that last little bit off.

Breakfast was two rashers of bacon and an egg. I haven't eaten since because I'm simply not hungry but will probably have something wheni get back from the school run.

NotAgainAndAgain Mon 01-Oct-12 11:17:22

I am in too! Where should I register my failing results of last week? I did not too bad, but slipped twice - on a box of raspberries and dark choc. They all seemed so innocent and so I was so desperate! But as a result - no loss whatsoever - I was 9st and stayed 9st - and that after all my "good girls" meals!

LaVitaBellissima Mon 01-Oct-12 10:52:35

I am 147lb just had a cheese omelette for breakfast!

BigStickBIWI Mon 01-Oct-12 08:47:09

Morning, BorntoShop - I was sorry to read the outcome of your thread, but I do think it's the right decision for you, even if it's making you miserable at the moment.

And welcome to Bootcamp!

BornToShopForcedToWork Mon 01-Oct-12 08:05:05

Hi,

I am 183lbs. I want to lose at least 4lbs in the next two weeks and even more in the future. I just ordered a lot on Ocado for the next fortnight.

sybilfaulty Mon 01-Oct-12 06:47:54

SOrry to hear that borntoshop, hope you are OK.

I have weighed - eeek! 167lbs. I know I am tall but honestly! Means that I have lost a stone and kept it off since I started LC nearly 4 months ago. In that time, I have eaten so well and so deliciously (and had a fair amount of booze) that it is a miracle in some ways.

I would like to lose 7obs in the next 10 weeks. I would also like to fit into my Stella McCartney charity shop jeans. They are lovely, but very small. Small 10 I reckon. Am the moment I am a medium 12. Let#s see.

Right, dry hair, grout face, sort kids and off to work. Have caponata with feta for lunch in wee box. Get me.

Have a great day y'all.

mumtoblaire Mon 01-Oct-12 06:39:44

I have filled in weight on spreadsheet - 140 lbs

For breakfast

2 boiled eggs
cup of decaf tea with 50ml soya milk - 0.1 gram carb

snack at 10am

2 x slice of cheese and some ham
try to get through 1.5ml water before twelve

BornToShopForcedToWork Mon 01-Oct-12 01:01:15

Hello,

I am ready to start tomorrow. I drank a lot of wine and ate a many carbs this weekend, but my lady three days weren't the easiest. I found out that my fiancé is 280k in debt and we broke up. Long story... I now have to focus on the bootcamp though.

HumphreyCobbler Sun 30-Sep-12 22:23:47

I find getting through the water v difficult. I am SO going to make sure i do it properly on bootcamp

mumtoblaire Sun 30-Sep-12 22:22:43

I am all set for tomorrow.

I have been having a carb blow out all weekend. I had my last alcohol for at least two weeks. I have been shopping and stocked up on supplies for the next few days.

I am really quite excited as I couldn't fasten my work trousers this morning and had to wear a jumper to cover the fact.

I am only managing 1.5 litres of water a day though, not sure if I could get through 2.5.

HumphreyCobbler Sun 30-Sep-12 20:27:46

thanks smile it is not too bad at all, but I nearly fainted as I don't like the sight of blood blush. I also have the most enormous comedy bandage on my finger.

I am looking forward to bootcamp. I am visualizing how thin we are going to be ten weeks from now.

NotMostPeople Sun 30-Sep-12 20:11:14

I'm so ready for this. I was already going a little off piste and therefore looking forward to Bootcamp and then I got a cold last weekend. I felt so ill, DH was abroad so I dragged yself to M&S to buy food for the dcs that would be easy to cook. That's when it went very very bad. I have spent the whole week stuffing al manner of badness into myself. I weighed myself this afternoon at PIL's and it was very bad.

So (hopeful voice) I will start this Bootcamp with zeal and aim to get back in shape. My plan is to be super strict until Christmas.

BigStickBIWI Sun 30-Sep-12 20:10:24

Oh my word! Hope it's alright now

WineGless Sun 30-Sep-12 20:04:47

Humph- sending healing vibes your way. Make sure you take painkillers with you tomorrow. Throbbing finger + school trip= disaster

NigellasGuest Sun 30-Sep-12 20:02:20

OUch Humphrey! Hope you're ok. And that you didn't have to spend too long waiting around in A&E, I know what it can be like.

humphrey oh no! Hope your fingers feeling better soon!

See you all in bootcamp! Wohooos im actually excited grin is that weird??!

HumphreyCobbler Sun 30-Sep-12 19:03:45

Arghh I chopped my little finger really badly when peeling some swede and ended up in A&E. I then ate a coconut biscuit and a ham sandwich shock <guilt>

I am glad bootcamp starts tomorrow and not today.
at least i won't have stinky breath when I help on the school trip tomorrow

halfthesize Sun 30-Sep-12 14:02:18

Afternoon all,

went to the gym yesterday afternoon and this morning so thats 5 times this week. Though after last night think I should have stayed there all day!!

We had last BBQ of the year with friends, a little huge amounts of wine and I also had crisps and dipblush My head and tummy are killing today, cant wait for bootcamp to start.

Brunch - bacon and eggs and I am on my 8th pint of watersmile

Afternoon ladies

nigellasguest glad to hear ur meatzza was a success... Im going to have to get the recipe and try it ( lowcarbed) next week!!

I dont know about everyone else but im hving a carb blowout today before bootcamp... This will be the grand finale of mess ups lol! Daresay ill regret it tomorrow wink

B was missed
L is a white bread sandwich with salami and cheddar!
D will be a lasagne with salad ( made with actual pasta) ... I said itd be a blowout lol

Still least theres no chocolate and cake on that list! Lookibg forward to seeing u all on the new thread tomorrow grin

Jacaqueen Sun 30-Sep-12 12:40:33

I wish I did have toasted marshmallows last night, it might have helped to soak up some of the alcohol. I feel really rough today. I didn't even have that much to drink. Oh well at least giving up alcohol won't be so hard now. I will just remember how bad I feel right now.

I fancy some toast and butter but I will try and resist. Roll on tomorrow.

Thanks! Going to make it for tomorrow nights dinner!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now