The Little Black Dress Low Carb Bootcamp - starting in 2 week's time!

(442 Posts)
BIWI Sun 16-Sep-12 21:43:24

Following on from the success of Bootcamp v1, where we lost in the region of 70 stone between us, we will be running a 10 week v2 Bootcamp, starting on Monday 1 October.

This is designed to take us up to the end of the first week in December, by which time you should have lost at least half a stone - and that's being pessimistic. There's every chance you could lose more than a stone over that period of time! Plenty of time to make sure that you can get into that Little Black Dress without the lumps and bumps showing too much.

This is how it will work:

The first two weeks will be very strict. I will shout at you a lot and will wave my big stick around with gay abandon. After this period, you can then relax into Bootcamp Light or, if it suits you, stick with Bootcamp for the remaining 8 weeks.

We have a Spreadsheet of Marvellousness, which will be upated each week, so that you can plot your progress.

There are 10 simple rules here , and it's really easy to do. No weighing or counting (unless you really want to). And above all, lots of support from all those who are doing it alongside you.

Who is up for it?

ihatethecold Tue 18-Sep-12 13:27:52

im going to struggle to not eat any fruit!
whats the rule with dairy. milk-skimmed? semi skimmed? whole?
low fat cottage cheese?

can i really live on eggs for 2 weeks grin

LegArmpits Tue 18-Sep-12 13:48:40

Biwi, I've lurked on your threads for about three months. The upshot is I've lost over a stone since June. I'm the lightest I've been since I had kids, and am now a size 12 as opposed to tight 16 in May!! I feel bloody brilliant and I can't thank you enough!
I've only ever really done boot camp light, cut down on alcohol (mostly just swapped beer for whiskey!) but it clearly works. Am now maintaining at 10st (from 11st 4) BUT want to lose another half stone. That's it then, I'm my target weight. So will kick start again on Oct 1st.

Every time I try new clothes on I think of you!! (have some of these xxxx)

poorbuthappy Tue 18-Sep-12 13:57:16

Marking my place for a proper read later
1 question, do you managed to eat with your family doing this???

NigellasGuest Tue 18-Sep-12 14:07:31

ihatethecold
full fat milk
No low fat anything! Must be full fat. Low fat is full of carbs. Full fat is full of - erm - fat. Which is good.

NigellasGuest Tue 18-Sep-12 14:12:02

poorbuthappy - I find it easy to eat with my family doing this.

For example, a roast dinner at the weekend: we had roast pork. I had everything except the potatoes and yorkshire puddings (yes we are weird we have yorkshire puds with any kind of roast, not just beef)! I just make sure the gravy doesn't have flour, or if it does, I don't have gravy. I also don't eat the peas. But loads of meat and veg - really filling. And sliced celariac roasted with the potatoes around the joint is delicious - tastier than potatoes. It seems to taste kind of starchy but in a good way - not how you'd imagine celeriac. I'm rambling now.

Ilovemyteddy Tue 18-Sep-12 14:43:12

Celeriac is absolutely yummy! The celeriac dauphinoise recipe in the IPD book is to die for, and makes a lovely accompaniment to a roast dinner, particularly if you have guests cos it looks like you've made an effort grin

I went for a health check today and I am almost in the normal zone for body fat - woohoo!!! Cholesterol still at 4.5 - double woohoo!
It's hard to believe that by eating fat you can reduce your body fat, but I'm hear to tell you, as if you didn't already know, that's exactly what happens on this WOE. The health professional I saw was a bit hmm about the high-fat content of my diet, but the measurements she took didn't lie. I was dead chuffed.

I would also recommend the Briffa book to those newbies who are LC-ing, and also the Idiot-Proof Diet book, as it deals with the emotional side to eating/over-eating, and really touched a nerve with me.

EwanHoozami Tue 18-Sep-12 14:44:19

Hello - I'm in

Not having sugar cravings is a superb feeling.

tartiflette Tue 18-Sep-12 14:48:36

Hi, right yes am in.
3 or 4 lb have crept on since my holiday in mid August and I would like to get down to 9st once and for all. So about 12lb to lose.
I might start early.

AngieAir Tue 18-Sep-12 15:04:52

I've maintained over the summer despite weekly cake & rice blush. Would like to lose another 5-7kg to get into middle of normal BMI and my lovely jeans.

Need some breakfast ideas as rush to get out of house for train but then have leisurely half hour in canteen before starting work. Will take cream for coffee but what to eat?

teaandthorazine Tue 18-Sep-12 15:27:55

Yep, I'm in, of course! Having lost the greater part of 2 stone with a low-carb WOE and Bootcamp specifically, I know this works like a dream. Things have gone a bit pear-shaped in the last week or so but nothing too serious. (I am typing this whilst eating Dairy Milk though blush)

AngelAir - does your work canteen do a cooked breakfast? Scrambled eggs and some bacon would work!

teaandthorazine Tue 18-Sep-12 15:28:25

God, sorry AngieAir... blush I've not had a lot of sleep, sorry!

AngieAir Tue 18-Sep-12 17:28:04

Hi Tea yes it does. Will look at cost. As long as I avoid the hash browns that could work. Fortunately I'm completely cured of bread/toast desire. Was also thinking along lines of some sort of egg muffin or breakfast tortilla.

BIWI Tue 18-Sep-12 17:33:16

LegArmpit - thanks

Nigella - I exercise so much because of my age. I realised I was starting to do that little 'ouf' and groan when getting out of a chair blush, and that was generally stiffening up and massively unfit. Obviously I hope it will help with the weight loss, but I have always known that exercise alone wouldn't do the job.

BIWI Tue 18-Sep-12 20:26:09

poorbuthappy all our meals are eaten together. I just don't have the carb component of the meal - last night, for example, we had marinated, baked salmon (marinated in sesame oil, garlic, ginger, lime juice, soy sauce and five spice powder), with stir fried veg (onion, mange tout, baby sweetcorn, chilli, mushrooms, beansprouts) and noodles. I had it without the noodles. There were plenty of beansprouts, so it was no hardship! Tonight we have had salads - roasted vegetables (peppers, leeks, courgettes, cauliflower), tomato and mozzarella with basil, green salad with vinaigrette, stuffed hard boiled eggs and garlic bread. I had some of everything except the garlic bread.

If I make a meal which is based around carbs, e.g. a risotto or a lasagne, I have something completely different - which tends to mean that I avoid cooking these kinds of dishes, as I'm not really interested in doubling my work in the kitchen!

Lorelilee Tue 18-Sep-12 21:16:45

Hi all - I need a bit of a kickstart (STS for 3 wks), so I'm in!

TooImmatureTurtleDoves Tue 18-Sep-12 21:45:36

Am looking forward to this but I might have to cheat on my birthday (7th October). Will drink gallons of water, though - it's lucky I'm bf and off the booze.

AuntieMaggie Tue 18-Sep-12 22:06:16

I'm in toooooo grin

SpeckleDust Tue 18-Sep-12 22:11:03

Same here as LegArmpit - never really did the Bootcamp Low Carbing but dabbled over the school summer hols as a way of maintaining my weight when not exercising. I was totally surprised to drop nearly half a stone in 2 weeks and stay there for the last 5 weeks or so with hardly any effort.

I think removing the bread, pasta, spuds and (most) sweet treat-type things have made a huge difference for me. Well, that and the fact that I LOVE this WOE. I had pork steak stroganoff with celeriac & swede mash and steamed savoy cabbage for dinner tonight. It was totally delicious and I am stuffed grin <trying to keep quiet about the glass of red wine, but meh, I'm maintaining now>

Thinking about doing Boitcamp to see if I could drop below 9 stone before Christmas - now that would be a great present to myself smile

TooImmatureTurtleDoves Wed 19-Sep-12 08:18:05

Tartiflette, I want to be 9 stone or less and I also have about 12lbs to lose - snap! Weighed in at 9 stone 11.75 this morning. SpeckleDust, being below 9 stone would be brilliant!

I have been reading IPD and although I walk, I don't do any other exercise. Walking the dog on very hilly terrain carrying 19lbs or so of baby in the sling has been fine so far, but I've now lost about 20lbs and am worried about my saggy tummy. sad So I am making a resolution to Shred for the month of October. That lets me off the hook for the next 2 weeks instead of always having this nagging feeling that I should be getting on with it! grin

GoldenOrangeWhippoorwhill Wed 19-Sep-12 09:13:28

I'm in!

Is it ok if my dress isn't black? grin I picked up the most beautiful wine coloured dress from the sale rail at TK Maxx. It had clearly been there for a number of years and having peeled off all the price stickers it appears to have been reduced from their original price of £130 to... wait for it... £6!!!!! It needs a few beads resewing but apart from that it is perfect. I'm crazy short with big boobs and always have trouble with dresses but this one hits on the knee where it's meant to and the arm holes and neckline are just right. It could have been made for me, or rather made for me about half a stone or so lighter.

I am determined to wear it this Christmas. It will be the first one in years where I've not been wearing a tent.

BIWI Wed 19-Sep-12 10:10:15

That sounds lovely, Whipporwhill!

Another one joining the 'almost there but would love to weigh 9 stone or less'!

TooImmature - I think we will let you off on your birthday grin

queribus Wed 19-Sep-12 12:37:37

I'm in as well, although half term will be tricky.

obrigada Wed 19-Sep-12 12:39:48

Count me in, have started low carbing today, current weight 12st 7.5lbs ..

captainmummy Wed 19-Sep-12 12:50:52

Wasn't going to join ( just lurk) as I'm now 9.3 and only want to lose that 3lb - but if you lot are going for under 9st then I will too! I didn;t want to derail anyone by hitting target only 2 weeks in <deluded...>

Thegoddessblossom Wed 19-Sep-12 13:33:38

same here Captain Mummy. i only want to lose 3-4 pounds. So will join for that.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now