JILLIAN MICHAELS (Shred/Ripped and all the rest) Part 3: Bringing our A-game [cheesy smile]

(1000 Posts)

Here is a new thread for Jillian Michael devotees!

Whatever JM DVD you are doing, come and check in here...
Any Insanity and Turbofire lurkers, come and join too!

Hello to all from the old thread and big welcome to anyone new, come and join us smile

Movingforward123 Fri 28-Dec-12 10:26:33

Morning everyone, I really want to do the shred DVD but for some reason I can't get motivated sad

I did it around a year ago for only 10 days and noticed a massive difference then have up!

I have a bad back and I think it makes it worse so that with me just generally being lazy puts me off. Any tips to get me motivated?

Also when do you all shred? Morning or evening? And if morning do you eat before? smile

gypsyfloss Fri 28-Dec-12 10:27:33

I felt like that about Ripped McPie , so much so that I gave it away.

McPie Fri 28-Dec-12 13:59:19

Ok then the full Extreme Shed and Shred DVD is like a Meta fit class that never ends! I will try it again tomorrow without pressing pause as often grin but roll on next thursday when my classes start back.

Happy Belated Christmas grin

Just checking in... Hope you all had a great time. Interesting reading about people's experiences of fitness / sports / activity etc. I was another who hated PE at school, and cross country - bleugh!!!

I'm still not a runner but I guess I have been a gym / exercise bod for the last 20 years or so... Nothing has had as good results as JM though.

The last month or so has been a write-off for me in my diligence and I've slacked a lot...but I'm focusing on a massively motivated January, which will hopefully set me up in the right frame of mind for the rest of 2013.

Saw that a couple of people have Shed and Shred (is that right?) and Body Revolution. Does anyone have both? Which would you recommend?

I'll be doing some JM'ing tomorrow and Sunday and then am going all out in the New Year, so am thinking a new JM project would be just what the doctor ordered!

If I'm not back before, Happy New Year everyone and see you on the other side smile

Actually, scrap that. I have time to fit in a Shred early evening so am starting now - perhaps a BFBM tomorrow to burn off the box of celebrations I ate by myself this afternoon blush

gypsyfloss Sat 29-Dec-12 08:56:32

Doing 6w6p yesterday with add weight was great at the time but I'm currently groaning as I sit down smile Hopefully today's session will loosen all these muscles up. I just need to sort some music out to listen to, it really didn't cut the mustard yesterday listening to desert island discs on R4!

I might check out Shed and Shred for a change. I have Body Rev but it caused a lot of hip pain so I had to stop it after about a week. How is it going Threesteps?

xelliex Sat 29-Dec-12 09:23:35

Hope everyone's had a merry xmas smile

I've been following the thread but did not do any Jillian for a week. I tried 6w6p yesterday and the first circuit was fine, I seem to be able to do all the moves but the second....as soon as I try to double time it I feel like I'm flailing about all over the place! So I'm thinking I should focus on getting the form right first, and the pick the speed up later? Or maybe I'm just being lazy!

gypsyfloss Sat 29-Dec-12 10:14:51

I don't do the 2nd circuit quite as fast as she suggests. I think for me it is more important that I get my form right, especially with lunges . I also use weights for all the floor stuff and would clunk myself on the head if I didn't slow down and concentratesmile

Hello all!

Movingforward, I share your lack of motivation at the moment, come on, you can do it!!

I know some people exercise early morning but I'm definitely a late afternoon / early evening person - I just don't seem to function well enough any earlier in the day...

Gypsyfloss I did a Shred yesterday and am about to do another today. I'm just trying to keep ticking over until Jan when I really do want to start afresh with a better attitude. I just ordered Shed and Shred!!!! I'm going to use a shiny new JM DVD to get me back on my game, yay!

Well done all you 6W6Pers, that is my hardest DVD by a mile!

I probably won't be back until the New Year so wishing everyone all the best and see you in 2013 shock

Threesteps x

gingercat12 Sat 29-Dec-12 19:22:55

I don' t do the 2nd circuit of 6W6P too fast either. Not with very good form either. Doing my best though. Forced to watch Dad's Army and I am desperate to start Jillianing.
I used to exercise after DS' s bathtime and bedtimereading, but that meant starting after 8pm, having a shower by 9pm and doing much else after getting ready for the next day.
Now I exercise in the morning, so that I finish by 6.40am. This way I have my evening free and a peaceful morning.

gypsyfloss Sat 29-Dec-12 19:51:45

If I have nothing else to do I quite like exercising in the late afternoon, I seem to get my mojo then. Since starting again a few days ago however I've been doing it first thing at about 9 and when I go back to uni & work it'll have to be at about 5.30 am shock.

I've had read of what's on extreme shed & shred threesteps . It all sounds great, I just don't knoŵ whether I have the time as they are longer circuits. It'll be interesting hear how you get on with it.

delilahbelle Sat 29-Dec-12 20:54:23

Hi all
I tried to go sales shopping yesterday, and had a bit of a shock when i noticed the flabby white body in the mirror belonged to me. White I can sort with fake tan - but flabby needs a bit more help.
So I've dug out my 30 day shred DVD and have just done my first workout. I'm combining this with no more junk food, having eaten my weight in biscuits/cheese/crackers over the past month. Hopefully I will beat the flab!

Justtheonemore Sun 30-Dec-12 07:17:58

Hi.

Just about to order Shred and 6W6P, just a couple of quick questions.

Will I be able to do them?? I dont mean will it hurt (I'm assuming it will), I mean with my low fitness level will I physically be able to do it?

I'm currently losing weight, another 25lbs until I'm happy (I'm currently a healthy BMI but not a happy BMI IYKWIM). Would you recommend the DVDs to aid weightloss as well as toning up?

And lastly, am I expecting miracles??! I'm fully prepared to put the work in (was quite the gym bunny pre DC4&5) and although I carry my weight well (so I'm told hmm) as you can imagine, 5DC later and I'm very wibbly sad

Any advice, hints or just plain ol' honesty more than welcome smile

gypsyfloss Sun 30-Dec-12 09:10:45

Yes you will most definitely be able to do them and will see a difference. Perhaps start with the shred and work through that first , then move on to 6w6p. Everyone suggests doing your measurements first, which I only did late into the game and wished I had done it at the start. Seeing inch loss on the tape measure is a great motivator especially as you might not see vast weight loss immediately.

I've had a 3 mth break and it surprising how quickly I've got back into it.

You'll need hand weight and decent trainers too. I know some do it bare foot but tbh it can be a bit hard on your knees so I think decent foot wear is essential. Have fun and enjoysmile

Movingforward123 Sun 30-Dec-12 13:02:02

You will definitely see a difference, last time I did it for 11 days in a row, saw wet fast results in my legs an belly then stopped confused if you could get to the end of 30day shred then I'm sure you would notice a massive difference in definition.

Movingforward123 Sun 30-Dec-12 13:02:58

I just did day one of 30day shred I hope I can manage to keep it up, how can I motivate myself? As when I'm doing it its not that bad, I just need to switch it on confused

gypsyfloss Sun 30-Dec-12 13:40:31

Well done moving . I find the trick is not to over think it too much ,in the time I spend contemplating whether or not to do it I could be finished. The shred is so short too, you'll be halfway through it before you know it smile

Justtheonemore Sun 30-Dec-12 14:37:57

Well I've done it! I've ordered Jillian Michaels - The Collection. Weird mixture of excitement and fear grin

Thank you for the tips (and encouragement!), I will brace myself and take my measurements and hopefully the inch loss will keep me motivated!

I'll let you know how I get on.

Yay, well done on ordering JusttheOne! Stay with the thread and we'll spur you on smile

Movingforward I agree with gypsyfloss, try not to spend time thinking about doing it, just do it! I'm a terrible procrastinator and think it's really helpful to have a set time to do it if that's possible. 20 mins is gone in a flash...

I have ordered Shed and Shred and it is apparently dispatched - so should be ready for me to start on Jan 2nd (NYEve party on 31st so not sure I'll be in a fit state to start on the 1st grin)

FromEsme Sun 30-Dec-12 16:24:56

Hi all, I started doing the Shred for a few days and was getting on ok, but now I have some sort of hideous lurgy. Looking forward to getting back to it. Jillian was right, once I was on day 4, I really noticed how much easier it was getting.

Going to do the Shred then move onto Obliterate your Stomach or whatever it's called.

scrumpkin Sun 30-Dec-12 16:27:50

Day after my first buns and thighs workout. Agony!

gypsyfloss Sun 30-Dec-12 17:01:46

Oh God yeah the agony of the first few days, when sitting on the loo invokes cries of pain and you can't walk down the stairs properly smile I've had aches in place I didn't even know I had muscles , even this time starting back again. The only thing for it is plenty of water and doing it all again grin

gingercat12 Tue 01-Jan-13 14:04:25

Happy new year and welcome to the newbies as well!

Nolda Tue 01-Jan-13 17:30:56

Happy New Year everyone!!

Good to see some new Jillian fans. Hope you enjoy it and get amazing results.

I know I don't post often but I often lurk here. You may remember that I injured my elbow this autumn, and sadly it's still not better, so I've been doing BFBM and 6W6P. Got a little bored so tried level two of Killer Buns and Thighs yesterday and loved it. My butt feels like it has a glowing circle on each cheek today so obviously doing some good. Will definitely be doing it again very soon (not today as I'm moving house).

gingercat12 Tue 01-Jan-13 17:32:05

Nolda Good luck with the move!

This thread is not accepting new messages.