The Big Fat List and the Days of Doom (TM) Part IX - The One With A Wedding and Some Weightloss

(997 Posts)
grinningbee Wed 25-Jul-12 15:24:40

Here we are again - new thread time! Can you believe we're on our 9th one?

I've been down to DFS and got us some new squidgy sofas. Feel free to add anything else you like grin

<Rolls out poster of Morten Harket>

kid Wed 05-Dec-12 12:23:58

New thread here

ChocolatesSnowAngel Wed 05-Dec-12 07:22:22

STARTED NEW THREAD this one too full smile

ladyarwenevenstar Tue 04-Dec-12 23:37:14

BTW, my most effective ways of weightloss in the past have been- serious period of worrying (rather than the day-to-day anxiety I suffer)/bad news, husband walking out, flu, and HUGE amounts of sleep. Bizarrely I quite often lose over christmas when I eat and drink when I want until I'm full, then I stop. Odd. It's a shame that living with returned-often-grumpy-git-DH makes me eat/drink more to get throughblush and still eating and drinking when he's in a good mood <sigh> MEN!

ladyarwenevenstar Tue 04-Dec-12 23:29:33

<bleurgh> cottage cheese does not compare to bubble and squeak with fried egg and beans (bacon on EE)

last night at the school fair, apparently a small child had told her parents that I was father christmas - (can't decide between shock or blush) I am clinging on to the hope that she was confused between myself and the TA of similar height who was FCs helper... am also confused as to whether it's the general fatness, or if I have a beardhmm

kid Tue 04-Dec-12 23:24:27

I can do DoD on any day so if others want to change, thats fine by me.

Great news that you uncle is able to go home smile

Someone at work told me I look slimmer today, that made me very happy but its clearly down to what I was wearing. I was so cold though so maybe I need to look bigger with more layers but feel warmer. I certainly don't want to be as cold as I was today.

I've had 2 perfect days on SW but am struggling already. Why oh why can't I get into this properly?
My Dukan book came today, I had a very quick look at some meal suggestions in there and I really don't think I could do it, neither do I want to do it. A tub of cottage cheese for breakfast? I don't think so!

ladyarwenevenstar Tue 04-Dec-12 22:21:03

someone else can have my share of the Baileys (or DH could make it into icecream) I'll have the white wine and pink fizz (and most things that come in pintswink)

This is a bit of a wild suggestion, but I was wondering how many of us do our WI "proper" on Wednesday now the thread has dropped numbers a bit? And would a different "official" DoD be better? If not, feel free to ignore me. (Obviously am being totally selfish - Weds is my most manic day most weeks, and it is too easy to miss WI when I am running late. Perhaps I should change WI to Tuesday).

My uncle has been deemed medically able to come homesmile. There are still meetings to be had (social services etc) and work to be done in the house, but they have said possibly next week. This has to be good newssmile, he will get 6 weeks (I think) of SS support and then a re-assessment. Only time will tell how much toll this will take on my parents, but I will be watching closely, and am poised to step in and do whatever I can for them so they can rest when not "on duty".

good luck for DoD anyhow.

SlimJimBra Tue 04-Dec-12 21:07:48

<adds name to the list of people willing to drink Huff's Baileys>

kid Tue 04-Dec-12 17:50:05

I've found a way to stop me snacking when I get home from work. I just go to sleep!
I am frozen though as I spent almost 2 hours outside at work. I was covering for someone else and I'm sure I was taken advantage of by being the only one out in the freezing temperatures.

ChocolatesSnowAngel Tue 04-Dec-12 17:40:41

Huff I shall also take on the burden of drinking copious amounts of Bailey's on Christmas day <if I must> to save you the job grin

Huffpot Tue 04-Dec-12 17:09:10

Hmm maybe there is but it won't provide the same happy fuzzy feelingconfused

ladyarwenevenstar Tue 04-Dec-12 14:49:41

can't you buy baileys flavoured hot chocolate? <not quite the same>

I will valiantly offer to do your christmas day drinking for you! I fully intend to start the day with a fizzy breakfast, continue through the day, and pass out somewhere around 10.30pm (more likely when I put the DC to bed though), and not have indulged in any "plain speaking" at all...hmm

yay santa smileysgrin

there's a little more sparkly clean-ness in my house, I'm getting there slowly. Off to chapel craft club shortly, and helping in school in the morning, so back to it tomorrow aftenoon <sigh.

Huffpot Tue 04-Dec-12 11:08:49

Thank you all

Yup I'd be watching that water too.

Bloody timing though. I was really looking forward to a day of baileys and hot chocolate to numb the pain of DP's family visits for Christmas day - thats out the window now!

I'm having my first queasy day today too - oh the joys and am waiting for the midvives to call me back to refer myself for the never ending series of hospital visits!

Am going to try to stick to plan as much as possible but we'll see how we go.

ChocolatesSnowAngel Tue 04-Dec-12 08:57:43

I love that FHF was planning a hot chic last night.....Oooo matron! grin

ChocolatesSnowAngel Tue 04-Dec-12 08:53:18

Congratulations Huff! How very exciting!!!!

However I too am stepping away from the water! <passes bacardi to Kid> my DD is 12 so an even bigger gap for me smile

ladyarwenevenstar Mon 03-Dec-12 22:35:51

yay huff

envyenvyenvy

cannot believe how tired I am.

Congratulations lovely lady!!!! Another wee bundle to cherish smile

Ria you're def on a winning streak!! That's 2 fab prizes you've won!

Yes, whoever asked ;am on iPod and can't scroll well) I claimed out of the cracker box and have managed to be quite restrained!!

Today I gave had: mandarin and banana, a mugshot, an apple, just had a heap of rice and chilli too smile. All syn free! Am planning a hot chic and a pink and white later!

kid Mon 03-Dec-12 21:16:25

Well who's next? They say things happen in 3s.

SlimJimBra Mon 03-Dec-12 21:12:01

how exciting grin grin grin I cant believe we have 2 bfps in such quick succession

Huffpot Mon 03-Dec-12 20:58:17

Thanks smile
Mine are 2 and 3 so a much smaller gap

kid Mon 03-Dec-12 20:55:48

Great news huff
I'm not drinking any water just incase, i don't want to risk having another baby. As much as I love them, my baby is now 10 so the age gap would be too big for me.

SlimJimBra Mon 03-Dec-12 20:47:01

x-posts there Huff blush CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!! grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

SlimJimBra Mon 03-Dec-12 20:45:47

well done riasmile !! I managed to win a box of chocolate eclairs in the last raffle I entered, not so SW friendly as your prizes grin

Huffpot Mon 03-Dec-12 20:44:01

Evening all.
I think TDT must have spiked the London water before she left as I have just got a BFP as well....along with an insatiable appetite so trying to make sure its more super free than not I'm shovelling in reaches for the celery sticks

kid Mon 03-Dec-12 19:22:49

I probably would have had more than one if there were any decent ones left!
We've only got the twister creme egg ones, eclairs and caramel. I think I ate all the twirls last week oops!

ChocolatesSnowAngel Mon 03-Dec-12 19:17:38

Arrrr thanks guys blush

Heroes I think are 2.5 syns Kid - you deserve a medal for only eating one!!! the tin of Roses in work had a bit of a bashing from me earlier, thank god i finished early today or it would have been much worse!

Ria just in case it does come in three's can you share your lottery numbers with me wink

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now