Thread 10 already for the Paul McKenna's Paulettes, losing lbs with No Pain! No Pain!! and Definitely No Calories, No Syns, No Humiliation. Come and Join In To Lose Weight With Supportive Friends!

(982 Posts)
Solo Sat 30-Jun-12 16:03:34

Welcome to thread 10 of the Paul McKenna's I Can Make You Thin weight loss system.

The Golden Rules that will aid you on your journey with our like minded support system are:

1. Eat what you WANT
2. Eat when you are HUNGRY
3. Eat CONSCIOUSLY
4. STOP eating when you are satisfied and full

This weight loss system is about re-educating your body; learning to listen to it and in doing so losing weight and inches. So forget diets; they may work for a while, but they aren't permanent solutions. This is a new way of living for your brand new life!!

The Paul McKenna system really works and is easy to maintain.

I've C&P'd our previous threads links as they are helpful.

Here are the book choices on AMAZON which is all you need to get started! they aren't compulsory, but they do help! it's something to refer to and listening to the cd's can really focus you.

This is the tapping technique EXPLAINED - this can be useful to combat cravings.

You don't have to buy the book and CD, but we have found that they do help and somehow they keep you on track, so it would probably be a good investment and will cost you far less than a couple of trips to WW or SW meetings, so do consider having them in your life.

Please feel free to join us, whether it's 10lbs or 10 stones you want to lose.
We are friendly, supportive and successful, but we're not hungry OH NO we're not!!! so come on in and start living your new life today!

GoodKingWenSOLOslas Tue 01-Jan-13 04:01:43

Happy New THREAD Happy New THREAD Happy New THREAD Happy New THREAD Happy New THREAD Happy New THREAD Happy New THREAD Happy New THREAD Happy New THREAD

TheDoctrineOfSnatch Mon 31-Dec-12 21:14:51

Happy new year Faith and everyone else wine

OComeAllYeFaithBaby Mon 31-Dec-12 20:53:47

Happy New Year Paulettes! Here's to a fan 2013! smile

OComeAllYeFaithBaby Mon 31-Dec-12 10:09:01

If you've only eaten 900 calories, no wonder you're not losing weight! Your body will be hanging on to everything it gets! It's be interesting to see what you consume over a week.

I feel awful. Stinking cold, sore throat, earache. Was crying with the ear pain at 2am and had to call in sick. Called 111 who said it should settle on its own and to try a cold compress. I did get some sleep but still..

Weight wise I am about 4lb heavier than when I got diffed which I'm happy with. GTT this time next week confused

TheDoctrineOfSnatch Mon 31-Dec-12 07:31:26

Yes definitely don't weigh everyday! Werent you hungry on 900 cals, that's very low?

Dottiespots Sun 30-Dec-12 22:20:13

Yep think Im about the same as you Solo....Im 13 stone 7 at the moment would like to be 12 stone 7 ideally but wouldnt mind getting back to 11 and a half. I used to follow low carb eating as I get ibs but am trying to eat a little more carbs now ie a little bread. Started my diary yesterday and I ate 900 cals for the day. So will keep this up and see how many I consume in a week. ppeatfruit..... My clothes fit ok and I do sometimes wonder if its the electronic bloody scales that are playing up. Will keep away from them and just way in once a month if I can manage it and just go by my food diary and clothes.Will also start back with gyming next week as doing weights is a necessity looking at the start of my little bingo wings. Argggg!!!! and the wobbly thighs!!!!. Anyway.....Im really enjoying this way of eating to be honest,. It really takes the strain off and stops me obsessing and instead Im enjoying food again without overeating. So will defo stop the weighing of the body each day as this is just diet mentality. Thanks once again ladies. This lovely thread is a life saver. O....by the way hows the love life Solo??? I must pop and see if there are any updates on your other thread......

BigBaubledBertha Sun 30-Dec-12 18:45:11

aws - the other thing that I think really affects me is sleep. It does make a difference and there seems to be increasing evidence that people who don't sleep enough are several times more likely to be overweight. I don't actually eat much although I do eat the wrong things but not enough to have caused the weight gain I have had over recent years. I am my own worst enemy because evenings/night time is my time and I am loathed to give up my free time by going to bed. Sad I know. blush I reckon if I were getting 6+ hours a night I would probably start losing more rapidly but as it is I don't. Anyway, just a thought.

I think we had a conversation up thread about it - my personal theory is that women put weight on after children not because of bf/not bf, the aftermath of pregnancy and general change in lifestyle but because they are perpetually tired and their bodies are piling on weight because of it.

ppeat - Happy new year to you too. Enjoy your party.smile

ppeatfruit Sun 30-Dec-12 10:13:43

Yes I agree with Solo If you eat SLOWLY aws I guarantee you CAN"T eat a lot!!! (I say to myself if the food is delicious 'you can always eat it later')

I go by how tight or otherwise my clothes are and it works! when I finally DO weigh (every month or so) I'm always right in my guess!

I Hope Everyone has a Happy New Year (we're having a little party tomorrow night so I'm dashing about getting ready for it) won't have time to be back on here till NYmorning grin smile

GoodKingWenSOLOslas Sun 30-Dec-12 02:49:24

Aws you are about my height and sizes.
You must eat enough or your body wont want to shift the weight. Listen to your stomach.

Dottiespots Sat 29-Dec-12 23:25:31

Ok thanks for the advice. Im keeping a food diary from today. Yes I am premenstural but peri menopausal too so......who knows lol!!! I wont go to a fad diet though I promise just felt pissed off that the scales arnt moving and yes I know I should not judge myself by the scales. Sigh....bloody evil things.
I will definately try the mirror work, a few people have mentioned that. I asked my daughter if I eat alot (she eats loads and is a size 6 to 8 and five foot 7 and a half grrrrrr! ) and she laughed and said "you dont eat enough". Everyone tells me that but after years of being made to feel fat even when I wasnt, eating alot always brings guilt. I do need to lose two stone and am
5ft 9 and size 14 to 16 on bottom and 14 on the top. Also maybe I am expecting too much too soon which is the diet mentality isnt it. Thanks for the support ladies.

ppeatfruit Sat 29-Dec-12 17:42:23

Hello Everyone marking my place !!!!!! It's good to be back Waaay Sols!!

BigBaubledBertha Sat 29-Dec-12 16:33:27

Hi everybody.

awsangel - could you be suffering from PMS or something else that is causing you to retain water? Perhaps you have been drinking more alcohol than ususual (with it being Christmas) which would add calories? Are you listening to the CD? That helps ime. And are you weighing at the same time every time you do it, preferably in the morning, with as few clothes as possible before you have anything to eat and drink so that you rule out as many variables as possible?

Sorry for all the questions but the book does lead you to believe you will start losing immediately (well certainly by the end of 2 weeks when you are allowed to weigh yourself) and if you are following all the rules there must be something else going on.

Failing all that, maybe you need to keep a food diary to see if you are inadvertently eating and not really registering it like if you nick a chip off somebody's plate or have a chocolate just because they are being passed round. It is easily done.

Or another reason could be that you don't have a lot to lose in the first place. Weight loss will be a lot slower if you don't have much to lose and maybe you need to wait just a bit longer.

I agree with Solo that looking in the mirror learning to like what you see will make you feel better and also, take the pressure off which strangely can make the weight drop off more easily.

I also agree that whatever you do, don't go back to the fad diets. They don't work in the long term. You can't be on a diet for the rest of your life. You have to eat in a way that you can maintain forever and eating according to some plan won't work because at some point they come to an end.

Good luck.

GoodKingWenSOLOslas Sat 29-Dec-12 15:27:04

Meant to say that going back to the fad will not be helpful for you. I personally will never go on a 'diet' again.
I have had a blip and regained half the 2st I lost, and I wanted to have lost a third stone before returning to work. I am now back on track and have lost half a stone, so if I can continue the way I have been these past couple of weeks, I may actually be able to be under 13st on my return.

GoodKingWenSOLOslas Sat 29-Dec-12 15:23:43

Mint I go back on January 21st. 6 years and 2 months and 3 weeks and 2 days off. Can you see why I'm having a wobble? It has gone so fast for me! feels like only half that time at most. I'd happily stay at home. I don't do anything, don't go anywhere, so I'm not exactly extravagant. So long as I can feed the kids and pay the bills, I'm happy. I've worn mostly second hand clothing for most of those years (and more!), to keep costs down. Whyyyyyyyyy can't I stay at home?!!! wahhhhh!! blush

<Regains composure! ahem.>

Don't weigh yourself. Look in the mirror and love yourself. That was the turning point for me. It does work and I must start it up for me again now. Also, kissing! kissing seems to help the weight loss! wink

MintCakeMavis Sat 29-Dec-12 08:23:27

angel I'd stay stick with it for another week and a half at least and lock the scales away for a while. The advice I found most helpful was to chew slowly... Very slowly. If I don't do that then I can speed through a meal without thinking.

Good luck!

Dottiespots Sat 29-Dec-12 02:34:35

Hi Mint......Ive been PMing for about a week and a half but havnt lost anything yet and have not been eating much at all with all this mindfullness but was expecting to see something on the scales. Sighhhhh. Am I expecting too much???? Was really really tempted to go back on the "diet" merrygoround today as I felt defeted. Help please....I need some talking to. Thanks.

MintCakeMavis Fri 28-Dec-12 18:24:33

Back on Thursday after 10 months, but feels so much longer. How about you solo?

GoodKingWenSOLOslas Fri 28-Dec-12 15:30:26

Hi MCM smile welcome back!

I'm back to work in 3 weeks too, but I've had 6 years off! <wonders how it went so fast> When do you go back?

MintCakeMavis Fri 28-Dec-12 14:40:55

Hi all, hoping to beat the new year resolution people by a few days and rejoin you lovely ladies.

I've not posted for a while but have still been Pauling but I need a bit more effort as I've fallen in to bad habits and I'm about to go back to work after mat leave so need to be mindful and not eat for comfort/stress relief!

Here's to Pauling for the rest of the year!

GoodKingWenSOLOslas Thu 27-Dec-12 14:42:41

Couldn't say for sure aws but I'm still weighing in at the same this lunchtime! haven't eaten yet because I've not had the need, but hungry now, so will eat something.

Well done on the weight gain HALF wink

BBB loving the nc! keep busy!!!

BigBaubledBertha Thu 27-Dec-12 11:03:37

Hello. Hope everybody is well. I didn't eat that much for Christmas either but I don't tend to. Too much to do, Christmas lunch is just a posh roast anyway and all that cooking tends to put me off eating. My danger time is from about now onwards - most of the rush is over, we can relax a bit and I realise how much is left over and needs eating! Then I am in danger of shovelling in. blush

Having said that, today is busy as our heating broke down on Christmas Day so we have the plumber coming. I have to go to get some food for visitors tomorrow (DH's brother and family coming for lunch) and the house is a tip and needs gutting and a skip tidying. Should keep me away from the cake tin and burn a few calories.

BTW Just seen an interesting thing on the BBC news website - 'minister wants to ban fad diets was the headline' which is pretty misleading but basically she ( the Minister for Equality no less) wants mags not to publish crash diets on the grounds they are dangerous. Unless she did this a few months ago it is too late for all the Jan mags but I like the idea. There does tend to be much of the 'lose the Christmas blubber'/New Years resolution stuff which promises get thin quick results. Also thought it was interesting it was the Minister for Equality doing it. One for the feminism section if ever I were brave enough to go there!

OComeAllYeFaithBaby Thu 27-Dec-12 09:27:43

Morning all! I actually did rather well with food this year I think. Got halfway through dinner and decided I was too full. I put it in a Tupperware and took it to work with me for the night shift - tasted very nice at 3am! smile I don't feel like I've over indulged too much so I'm pleased.

aws I started losing weight right away - iirc I lost 4lb in the first 2 weeks! But then I was running too.

I do appear to have started to gain weight. Put on 3-4lb! But since I'm growing a person I guess that's no bad thing! smile

Dottiespots Thu 27-Dec-12 03:10:51

Is it cause of PM or is it cause of a certain man though lol? It seems to be going well for me. Can I ask, how long did it take in the beginning before you started to lose weight? Thanks.

GoodKingWenSOLOslas Thu 27-Dec-12 02:19:36

I had Christmas roast, left some, had pudding later, then Boxing Day, I didn't eat until the evening. Ate a sandwich, pickled onions and some chocolates, pringles and a piece of Dd's birthday (chocolate) cake.
Had a biscuit with a cup of tea before bed.

Dottiespots Thu 27-Dec-12 01:12:25

How did everyone get on with all the Christmas food. I have hardly eaten much at all and unless Im really hungry I just dont eat.......bloody Paul Mckenna!!! ha hal

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now