Thread 10 already for the Paul McKenna's Paulettes, losing lbs with No Pain! No Pain!! and Definitely No Calories, No Syns, No Humiliation. Come and Join In To Lose Weight With Supportive Friends!

(982 Posts)
Solo Sat 30-Jun-12 16:03:34

Welcome to thread 10 of the Paul McKenna's I Can Make You Thin weight loss system.

The Golden Rules that will aid you on your journey with our like minded support system are:

1. Eat what you WANT
2. Eat when you are HUNGRY
3. Eat CONSCIOUSLY
4. STOP eating when you are satisfied and full

This weight loss system is about re-educating your body; learning to listen to it and in doing so losing weight and inches. So forget diets; they may work for a while, but they aren't permanent solutions. This is a new way of living for your brand new life!!

The Paul McKenna system really works and is easy to maintain.

I've C&P'd our previous threads links as they are helpful.

Here are the book choices on AMAZON which is all you need to get started! they aren't compulsory, but they do help! it's something to refer to and listening to the cd's can really focus you.

This is the tapping technique EXPLAINED - this can be useful to combat cravings.

You don't have to buy the book and CD, but we have found that they do help and somehow they keep you on track, so it would probably be a good investment and will cost you far less than a couple of trips to WW or SW meetings, so do consider having them in your life.

Please feel free to join us, whether it's 10lbs or 10 stones you want to lose.
We are friendly, supportive and successful, but we're not hungry OH NO we're not!!! so come on in and start living your new life today!

Solo Wed 04-Jul-12 11:02:36

Friendly! It's Wednesday grin

friendly7 Wed 04-Jul-12 11:55:11

Haha, so it is!!! Happy Wednesday!!!

Solo Wed 04-Jul-12 12:20:52

smile

HaveALittleFaith Wed 04-Jul-12 18:59:04

Hurray half way through the week! smile

KinkyDorito Wed 04-Jul-12 19:21:04

I'm starting to think I need to step away from the carbs. I have a real problem controlling my intake of them. I don't want to diet, but I am wondering if I shouldn't be eating them. I think ppeat said O blood types are better without wheat? Not helped by the fact I don't eat red meat or chicken...

Anyway, big chemo tomorrow. Off to hospital for us.

arfur Wed 04-Jul-12 22:15:19

Good luck kinky and family, sending positive vibes for dd xxx

Solo Wed 04-Jul-12 23:29:17

Hope all goes well Kinky and take care.x

Alibabaandthe40nappies Thu 05-Jul-12 00:17:23

Kinky I'll be thinking of you tomorrow, hope all goes well. X

Bad day today. Could really do with listening to the CD but I am still feeding DS2. Who got woken up when we had to strip DS1's bed just now. Because DH had put him to bed without a pull-up on, and not told me either. angryangry

HaveALittleFaith Thu 05-Jul-12 06:54:13

Kinky going GF was the best thing I ever did. I've got more energy, my skin is better, my bowels are radically better! It's hard work but worth the effort. Hoping and praying everything goes ok today.

Not an easy day then Ali! Start again today.

Hello, I wondered whether you'll accept newbies on your thread?

I've just ordered the Paul McKenna book / CD off of Amazon so haven't actually done anything yet, but desperately need some watchful eyes to keep me on the straight and narrow.

JustFabulous Thu 05-Jul-12 07:23:28

Of course Biscuits smile

I don't deserve to be on here any more as I have just lost all will power and are so down about the fact I can't even lose a pound. I think I have so much going on, and have tried so many different things, that my body is just holding onto every crumb I eat.

HaveALittleFaith Thu 05-Jul-12 07:32:17

Welcome to biscuits! How lovely to see you! It's a great support network here smile

Now, now Fab! It's not about 'deserving' it's about need. You need to be here, you're just finding things tough. We're not going to boot you put for having a bad patch! What are the specific problems?

Thank you smile

No brilliant ideas as to how to remotivate yourself Justfabulous (I'm struggling to motivate myself!) but you could always pretend you're just starting again and hold my hand smile

Ok, I'm going to introduce myself (and confess my weight!). I'm 5'7'' (on a good day!) and 14 stone! sad. I have 2 DSs, the youngest of which is 17 weeks today. Apparently the magic bf diet doesn't work for me probably because I've been eating at least 3 chocolate bars a day! I was 13st 8 when I gave birth and got up to 14st 2 so I've actually been putting on weight sad.

About 3 weeks ago I decided to try and break my sugar cycle and cut out the enormous amount of snacks. I've been better, and over almost 3 weeks I've lost 3lb but I've not been good enough and I just can't seem to stay motivated. Don't know why, I should just look in the mirror! Anyway, I've been recommended the PM book so am eagerly awaiting it's arrival from Amazon....

Any tips or hints from you experienced folks?

Hi Faith smile. Lovely to see you again smile. Hope you're doing ok? xx

JustFabulous Thu 05-Jul-12 08:01:06

I switched to cornflakes from weetabix as I seemed to have a problem with wheat but I am having the same response from cornflakes confused.

I have been exercising and eating properly and still haven't lost a single pound.

emotionally I am desperate for a break and feel I am running on empty. When I told someone dh was taking the kids for a break while I looked after my sick cat and had a break as I needed a break from the kids, she said you get one while they are at school. I cried as I knew she didn't understand.

Fab (if I may be so familiar?) I totally get what you mean about a break! My boys aren't at school yet, but I get (I think) the thing about not having a break and always having to be 'on duty'? When my eldest is at pre-school it's not like a break - it just means I can do some of all the jobs I don't get done when he's at home confused

Chocobo Thu 05-Jul-12 08:20:43

Morning All

Hi Biscuitsandtea - I have not long started doing this and I hope you enjoy the book. I found it a fascinating read and really agree with what it says about diets not working. The other thing I read about diets is that when you are consciously counting points/calories etc all it does is keep you focussed on and thinking about food constantly thereby making it harder not to want to eat. The PMK book is good because no food is forbidden so it makes you much more relaxed about food.

Although saying that I am still having guilt feelings about certain things - like last night got a take-away because was too knackered to cook and even though I did stop eating when full could not help feeling bad about it.

JustFabulous am sorry things are not going so well for you at the moment. I went through a bad time myself earlier this year (job I loved going down the pan which I was devastated about) and it makes it so much harder to stay positive and look after yourself. I just ended up getting take-aways constantly because I was too depressed to cook. And if you have been eating healthily and exercising and don't lose any weight it just makes you feel worse and you just end up wondering what is the point.

No real advice about staying motivated either - just hope things get better for you soon. Oh and sorry if you have tried this but have you tried having eggs for breakfast rather than cereal? I find if I have an egg in the morning it keeps me filled up until lunch and I am usually not as hungry at lunch either so eat less.

Kinky - hope everything goes smoothly today and your DD handles it as well as possible. smile

Fab - I can't remember, have you ever done a food diary? IMO you could do with seeing a dietician. You really need to know what you are and aren't eating first so that they have something to analyse. They should be able to tell you what is going on and why you aren't losing weight or at least give a doctor something to consider if you need to go back there.

And sleep for the right amount. For me the single biggest risk factor in gaining/not losing weight is lack of sleep. I think you can sleep too much though (although I think there is less research on that) but certainly get the sleep bit right and it should help.

Biscuitsandtea - Welcome. You've come to the right place! Don't be surprised that looking in the mirror doesn't work as a motivator. It doesn't for me. I either forget what I look like or I have a distorted image of myself. Or both! In my head my image of myself if I don't pause for thought is a size 16 but I looked like that in my head even when I was a 12 and now when I am 18/20. I get a shock every time I stop and have a proper look like last week when I was shopping for a top for a birthday party. blushsad

The visualisations of a thin you that you hear on the CD or do for the exercises in the book works for a bit and help spur you on and gives you a positive image not to beat yourself up with. It is worth a go as it gives you a bit of strength in the face of a tempting but unnecessary piece of cake or whatever your poison is.

Good luck.

HaveALittleFaith Thu 05-Jul-12 09:27:56

biscuits as if your baby is 17 weeks! I remember you getting your BFP! Still TTC here but having some health issues so waiting til after a minor op to get back on it proper.

I'd say my tips are - post here regularly, even if you're struggling because it's the support that keeps me going and re-motivates me. I'm constantly shock when I look in the mirror or reflection of bathroom window so looking at myself doesn't help. Listening to the CD daily definitely does. Turning off the tv to eat, chewing my food. I'm careful when I go shopping not to buy food I'd inhale - like crisps and dip. They're always supplementary to a meal and as much as I like them, I can't control myself and eat them all in one go. So I just don't buy them and rarely miss them.

Fab all standard cereals have barley in them and you could be reacting to that? I agree try eggs or yoghurt and fruit for breakfast and see how you go?

choco the guilt passes with time although I find myself wanting to chose healthier stuff the more I listen to the CD!

Nice to see you BBB!

JustFabulous Thu 05-Jul-12 09:33:36

Thank you for being so nice to me <cries a bit>.

I will keep a food diary. One GP asked me to do that but I just didn't keep it up and didn't go back as I didn't want to admit I had eaten chocolate twice that week. He had made it plain even that small amount could make a difference.

Making chocolate battenburg for the kids, no issue with will power there confused. Will happily watch them eat it and not want any. Don't like marzipan though hmm.

Great tips - I ALWAYS eat with the tv on blushconfused (apart from breakfast)

Faith - hope they can sort whatever it is and you and your other half can have a proper crack at it. I trust he is all better now? Wrong thread, but I'm gonna do a bit of brooking for ya grin

Chocobo Thu 05-Jul-12 09:59:27

HaveALittleFaith - yes have noticed I am generally making healthier choices. Went out for a Thai at weekend and instead of choosing a deep fried starter and a creamy curry I went for steamed Dim Sum followed by grilled seafood. Also had Pad Thai which I love but only ate about two mouthfuls before I was full so do think this starting to work as usually I would stuff myself silly.

The other weird thing is that I am usually a complete mayonnaise addict (am starting to see why I am 17st smile ) but I have been needing less and less and I even had dinner the other day without any mayo at all which is shock for me.

JustFab a food diary is a really good idea even if just for your own info - it does help you to see if you are eating more than you think you are.

I would also agree with the tip about trying to listen to the CD every day if you can. It does really help you stay focussed.

Am starting to get scared about Saturday now as that is when I can weigh myself - am hoping to have lost a couple of pounds at least but I did have a fair amount of wine at weekend so am scared now.

Oh Fab, what a silly GP. That is totally counterproductive to have a go at somebody for eating a couple of bars of chocolate in a week (unless they are those lovely 400g Cadbury's bars. grin) There is nothing wrong with a bit of chocolate as PMcK will tell you. It is the whole diet that counts and everything in moderation surely? Anyway, as a result of his misguided comments you then didn't go back to get the help you need. How was that helpful of him?

I suggested a dietician because hopefully they wouldn't say such silly things. They would look at the whole diet and not just zone in on the obvious. I don't know what you should do really but I refuse to believe that there isn't some way for you to lose weight, you've just go to find it. Don't give up. smile

JustFabulous Thu 05-Jul-12 10:22:57

I just can't cope with life at the moment. I think I will have to go back on the high dose of anti depressants. I have chest pains and anxiety attacks most days. I keep dropping things. My memory is non existant. I just can't function at the moment and fight every day to stay alive. I want to run away. I am so sick of hearing myself moaning. I am sick of not coping. I am sick of being fat. I have lost myself and it feels impossible to get back.

JustFabulous Thu 05-Jul-12 10:31:18

<checks calendar>

No wonder I am being a wet dishrag. I am due on in 2 days.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now