Thread 10 already for the Paul McKenna's Paulettes, losing lbs with No Pain! No Pain!! and Definitely No Calories, No Syns, No Humiliation. Come and Join In To Lose Weight With Supportive Friends!

(982 Posts)
Solo Sat 30-Jun-12 16:03:34

Welcome to thread 10 of the Paul McKenna's I Can Make You Thin weight loss system.

The Golden Rules that will aid you on your journey with our like minded support system are:

1. Eat what you WANT
2. Eat when you are HUNGRY
3. Eat CONSCIOUSLY
4. STOP eating when you are satisfied and full

This weight loss system is about re-educating your body; learning to listen to it and in doing so losing weight and inches. So forget diets; they may work for a while, but they aren't permanent solutions. This is a new way of living for your brand new life!!

The Paul McKenna system really works and is easy to maintain.

I've C&P'd our previous threads links as they are helpful.

Here are the book choices on AMAZON which is all you need to get started! they aren't compulsory, but they do help! it's something to refer to and listening to the cd's can really focus you.

This is the tapping technique EXPLAINED - this can be useful to combat cravings.

You don't have to buy the book and CD, but we have found that they do help and somehow they keep you on track, so it would probably be a good investment and will cost you far less than a couple of trips to WW or SW meetings, so do consider having them in your life.

Please feel free to join us, whether it's 10lbs or 10 stones you want to lose.
We are friendly, supportive and successful, but we're not hungry OH NO we're not!!! so come on in and start living your new life today!

GoodKingWenSOLOslas Wed 12-Dec-12 00:27:46

Did I?!! shock that's sooo not like me! so sorry, I'm embarrassed!

Lovely girl child smile brill! HALF

GoodKingWenSOLOslas Wed 12-Dec-12 00:42:08

Oh my goodness! and I c&p'd it for loads of the threads too!!!!!!!

ppeatfruit Wed 12-Dec-12 08:37:55

Morning solo please don't be embarrassed it happens to everyone grin contrary to some troll like posters on here (not on this thread of course!) I don't think wrong spellings and mistakes make the guilty posters into idiots!! hmm

Aaaah a little Paul Mckenna girl that 's lovely OComeAll You could call her Mckenzie !! Only joking grin

GoodKingWenSOLOslas Wed 12-Dec-12 12:36:14

blush

ppeatfruit Wed 12-Dec-12 14:00:35

C'mon now it doesn't matter does it?!!!grin grin Solo

Humble apologies Solo I should not have mentioned it. blush please accept thanks. blush

GoodKingWenSOLOslas Wed 12-Dec-12 23:44:53

Nah! don't be daft! I am just usually so on the ball with spelling!! 'tis fine!

ppeatfruit Sat 15-Dec-12 15:04:02

Hellooooo!!!! Anybody there??? grin Anyone would think that Christmas had started!!! We're travelling to London for Xmas this year so we have a lot to do too but not cooking !! DD2 is doing that for us it'll be lovely and relaxing.

OComeAllYeFaithBaby Sat 15-Dec-12 21:07:25

I weighed myself this morning and I have gained 2lbs! I dunno if that's just fluid retention though from working all day yesterday or whether its actually starting to gain baby weight?!

We're hosting Christmas here now the house is all pretty. I have to work Christmas Day bought but it's not such a bad thing. Could be on worse shifts!

Dottiespots Sun 16-Dec-12 03:08:54

Hi Ladies....please may I join your thread??? I do PM but could do with some fine tuning and some moral support. I want to lose a stone and a half and have been trying to lose it for about 6 years. I dont gain weight but cant seem to shift it even though I do try and stick to the principles. Trouble is Im too often going back to diets in the belief that this time i will shift it and I dont....duh....so I am going to try and read this latest thread....number 10....and see where your all at.

OComeAllYeFaithBaby Sun 16-Dec-12 08:51:51

Hello awsangel! Welcome! We need newbies to keep us posting and focused too. This thread is a great support network.

I started PMing last January after years of yo-to dieting. I started well but lost it when I got ill in March. I got seriously back on it in July. I lost about 10lb and then got pregnant (after a long time trying!). Baby is due in April so I'm not too worried about food at the moment but am eating a bit too much sugary crap which I need to cut down on! Pleased to say I've not gained much yet which I think is pretty great at 21 weeks! Will definitely be PMing when I have dropped said sprog.

Some of us have lost lots more than me though. They'll be along shortly at the sniff of fresh meat!

ppeatfruit Sun 16-Dec-12 10:20:40

OcomeAllbaby What ever DO you mean about 'fresh meat" grin?? You're right though grin!!

Welcome awsangel I reckon the 'key' to P.M. is chewing for 15 to 20 secs each mouth full. Plus eating REALLY healthily smile I'll help you with that if you're interested.

GoodKingWenSOLOslas Sun 16-Dec-12 23:36:53

Hello, hello, hello!!! welcome smile aw I'm off to sleep now, back soon though...new thread time soon...

Dottiespots Mon 17-Dec-12 00:45:01

Thanks to all of you. Lovely welcome. Congrats "OcomeAllbaby"....and not putting much weight on for five months is great. So how much have you other ladies lost then please? As I said in my post, I would love to lose a stone and a half. I do try and keep carbs to a minimum as they do not agree with my tummy at all and I dont eat enough alot of the time but still dont lose weight. Probably too many years of dieting has affected my metabolism.
Today I have had 2 boasters cookies and lots of tea, half a chicken breast with a small portion of veg and a little jacket potato with salty welsh butter...yum. Small glass of wine and am eating a few chunks of mango and pianapple at the moment. I eat salads, veg and fruit, love cheese, hummus, oatcakes, boasters and jammy dogers. lindt chocolate, kettle crisps, mixed salted nuts, salmon, scrambled eggs with mushrooms fried in welsh butter ( you can tell I love welsh butter cant you). Need to get my PM cd out and start listening to it again. Dont think Ive ever counted how long I chew for.....might try that .

ppeatfruit Mon 17-Dec-12 08:08:41

awsangel I've lost nearly 3 stone and am maintaining which is the most important thing IMO. Oh another tip is; don't eat late fgrin]

Sorry what are boasters?

OComeAllYeFaithBaby Mon 17-Dec-12 08:23:47

Thanks! Yes I'm well chuffed not to have gained much yet. I put it down to a change in roles at work at 8 weeks. I've gone from mostly office based work to running round on my feet for 12 hours 3 times a week. That's my cardio!

I have been trying to follow the rules again. Chewing and concentrating is where I'm lacking. I've listened to the CD again recently to try to keep focused. I really don't want to gain tonnes if I can help it.

pp whenever I see how much you've lost I'm a bit shock! That's fantastic. In my mind I will get to my goal weight within a year post birth!

TheDoctrineOfSnatch Mon 17-Dec-12 08:27:25

Hi aws! I don't know how much I've lost as my scales have a flat battery but I feel happier with my shape.

Boasters are delicious cookies, ppeat. That is a good tip about not eating late, late tends to equal "not mindful" eating for me as I'm tired and not thinking.

ppeatfruit Mon 17-Dec-12 12:09:45

actually aws thinking about weighing like Doc I hardly ever weigh deliberately; P.M. says its not a brilliant thing to keep obsessing about; I can tell cos my clothes are either tighter or looser grin

Ocome I remember having a job in a big shoe shop which involved running about a LOT and I became a size 6 (for a while!!)

Hello, just thought I would pop in before you disappear off my 'threads I'm on'. Life is very busy at the moment. It has been since September and I have hardly been on MN, well except for short bursts every now and then. <<sigh>> Who'd have thought a couple of long morning a week working would have had such a big impact. i thought I had spare time but obviously not.

Can't say that I am doing very well at the moment. I can tell because I have been too scared to go near the scales for weeks. Not a good idea - I hate to think what damage I might have done. Perhaps I had better grit my teeth and find out.grin<- Me gritting my teeth!

Well done Solo on finding your mojo and losing some more weight.

Faith - a baby girl!! How lovely. I haven't had one of those but I am sure they are just as gorgeous as baby boys - probably more so as you don't get hit in the eye by jets of wee when they are tiny (v amusing when they get themselves in the eye though) nor do you have to put up hairy youths when they get to the age of DS1. Don't worry about putting on weight too much. You have it under control and it is inevitable you will put some on (unless you are ill), even healthy to put some on but not inevitable that you will balloon, even if you stop thinking about it. I do consider myself lucky that I didn't put much weight on during pregnancy and so far you seem to be putting it on at the same rate as I did so I keep my fingers cross for similar luck for you. In the end, I put 16lbs on with DS1 and 18lbs with DS2 (he was 2.5lbs heavier than DS1 too) and I wasn't watching the scales and what I ate at all except for mild curiosity. I lost the lot both times within 2 weeks of giving birth without effort or deprivation but that isn't surprising as it was all baby, placenta and amniotic fluid I think!

Anyway, get Christmas and New Year out the way, you'll be in the year your baby will be born! How exciting!!smile

OComeAllYeFaithBaby Tue 18-Dec-12 11:00:53

Hiya BBB! <waves> Tis always tricky near Christmas. Nothing like being busy to keep you away from MN!

Yes I am excited about having a girl. We have a nephew so it'll be nice to have a girl so that its novelty in some ways! DDad said he didn't know what to do with girls but I pointed out he raised two girls and they are easier than boys as babies because they aren't little fountains! (He's offered to provide child one afternoon a week.

Well I weighed myself today and I'm now 13' 3" (lost a lb somewhere again). I was 13' 2" when I got my BFP and according to my app the baby weighs a lb itself, without fluid/placenta so I must be doing ok?! Going to go for a walk in a bit. Fresh air and cardio etc!

TheDoctrineOfSnatch Tue 18-Dec-12 13:12:00

That's brilliant Faith!

OComeAllYeFaithBaby Tue 18-Dec-12 13:50:16

I confess it's not down to massive effort on my part! Just activity I think! grin

Dottiespots Tue 18-Dec-12 22:10:25

Hi......Im really really trying to stick to the principles and doing ok actually. Im thinking much more about how hungry I am before i eat and the more hungry I am the more I enjoy the food and stopping when the food doesnt give me the same taste. When you have had enough it just tastes not as good dont you think? It is easy as long as you stay mindful isnt it but I can see how easy it is to eat when you dont really feel hungry or need it. Hope I can stay in this mindful state. Dont think ive really been in this place before. Ill shut up now.....ha ha!.

ppeatfruit Wed 19-Dec-12 08:42:24

That is fantastic aws!! well done! it sounds like it's 'clicked' for you. Morning all BTW!

Another thing that helped lose weight for me was to cut out the daily cup of freshly ground coffee i used to have; it literally dropped off! The odd thing is when I DO have a cup now once every week and a half or so grin it works as a diuretic as it should!!

GoodKingWenSOLOslas Wed 19-Dec-12 09:40:31

Hello everyone! Well done everyone that is doing ok/well etc. I've now lost 6 1/4lbs smile really pleased!
Plus some 'breaking news!!!' I went out on a date last night! blush really nice chap, shares my birthday! one year older than me, is really nice, good kisser wants to see me again and did I mention that he's really nice? grin
He's a traffic cop...really nice! oops! said that already!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now