Thread 10 already for the Paul McKenna's Paulettes, losing lbs with No Pain! No Pain!! and Definitely No Calories, No Syns, No Humiliation. Come and Join In To Lose Weight With Supportive Friends!

(982 Posts)
Solo Sat 30-Jun-12 16:03:34

Welcome to thread 10 of the Paul McKenna's I Can Make You Thin weight loss system.

The Golden Rules that will aid you on your journey with our like minded support system are:

1. Eat what you WANT
2. Eat when you are HUNGRY
3. Eat CONSCIOUSLY
4. STOP eating when you are satisfied and full

This weight loss system is about re-educating your body; learning to listen to it and in doing so losing weight and inches. So forget diets; they may work for a while, but they aren't permanent solutions. This is a new way of living for your brand new life!!

The Paul McKenna system really works and is easy to maintain.

I've C&P'd our previous threads links as they are helpful.

Here are the book choices on AMAZON which is all you need to get started! they aren't compulsory, but they do help! it's something to refer to and listening to the cd's can really focus you.

This is the tapping technique EXPLAINED - this can be useful to combat cravings.

You don't have to buy the book and CD, but we have found that they do help and somehow they keep you on track, so it would probably be a good investment and will cost you far less than a couple of trips to WW or SW meetings, so do consider having them in your life.

Please feel free to join us, whether it's 10lbs or 10 stones you want to lose.
We are friendly, supportive and successful, but we're not hungry OH NO we're not!!! so come on in and start living your new life today!

HavingALittleFaithBaby Sun 25-Nov-12 15:00:11

Oh arse Ali sad I hope (and pray) he finds something else before Christmas.

Solo Sun 25-Nov-12 23:25:23

Not great pp <shrugs>

Ali, bugger! I hope it works out for you all too...((hugs))

ppeatfruit Mon 26-Nov-12 13:34:12

Oh dear Ali wish you what the others have said smile and Oh dear sols I like the french shrug grin

Alibabaandthe40nappies Tue 27-Nov-12 14:03:23

Hi everyone, hope you are all ok!

Hugs all round for those that need them smile

I'm feeling better today and I'm back in the swing a bit with eating and exercise.
DH's CV is on the shortlist for two contracts, both of which would be a January start we think - so things would be tight but manageable. <crosses fingers>

ppeatfruit Tue 27-Nov-12 17:09:11

Good luck Ali grin

Hi all, Not sure if any of you remember me, I was around quite a few threads ago. I have since moved to Asia (Cambodia) and I just wanted to pop my head in the door and say Hi to you all. I wanted to come and share with you, too that in the 4 months of living here I have lost the grand total of over 4 stone!!!

I have realised that I have been PM-ing naturally and unconsciously really. I am drinking lots due to all the heat, but eating what I want, too. The only thing that I know has helped me do it here too, is the absence of cheese and proper chocolate, so I am living without those two, but that's been fine, cos there is no temptation!! it is all just natural now and I just don't even think about what I might like, or what I can't eat, etc.

Ali Hope things work out soon for DH. and big waves to everyone on here that remembers me!! (and those that don't too!!! smile

ppeatfruit Wed 28-Nov-12 13:59:02

Wow!!! How brilliant to hear from you positive Of course I remember you grin grin Isn't the power of technology incredible?

Many congrats on the 4 stone weight loss that IS fantastic!! well done!!

HavingALittleFaithBaby Wed 28-Nov-12 15:27:40

Hey PA! Great work. I would do much better in an environment without cheese and chocolate! smile

That sounds positive Ali, hope it all comes together.

I am feeling fatigued from work but on day 1 on 2 off (yay!) so toddled off to yoga again. I am enjoying it. I think I'm getting better at it! Less wobbly for sure! It also makes me feel better in myself smile

TheDoctrineOfSnatch Wed 28-Nov-12 21:44:41

Waves to PA, well done you!

ppeatfruit Thu 29-Nov-12 08:25:59

Morning All grin

Good morning (well, late afternoon here actually.)

Thanks for all your lovely comments. I sort of feel as if I have cheated because it has been so easy, but I suppose that when you do such a huge life change as we did 4 months ago your eating change takes a bit of a back seat and before I knew it it is just the way I live now. I will be coming home again in June next year and my big ambition is to lose enough weight to look nice in a Monsoon dress for my daughter's wedding. If I make it you can all help me choose the dress!!

How are you all doing? Sorry, my internet is really not that good here and with this thread being so long I lose everything if I scroll too far up. Would love to hear how you are all doing, though.

ppeatfruit Thu 29-Nov-12 10:15:00

Well I'm maintaining with the help of acupressure exes (they are amazing you must have seen some of them before you went though).

Dh lived in Jakarta for a year and we joined him for 2 months are you near there? It's an interesting place (too hot for me though and i don't like A.C. grin)lovely locals, shame about some of the expats grin.

How long are you going to be there are you returning after June? DD2 is getting married next NYE so I also have an outfit to think about!!

Solo Thu 29-Nov-12 13:07:05

Hi PA smile well bloody done!! grin

I'm not going to say a word about my 'progress' because I am not doing well at all...

PPeat Cambodia is north of Jakarta over the other side of the equator. Totally agree with you.... locals are absolutely lovely, so much smiling and laughter despite living in absolute poverty, the ex-pats, well, yes!!! Some are rather "unusual" !!! grin We are working with families living in the most terrible conditions in the slums here. Unless you saw their living conditions you would just not believe how awful they are. I cannot believe that in 2012 people are still made to live like they do.
We are working here as volunteers for 2 years, but coming home for the wedding next year and will stay for about 5 weeks to see the rest of the family and have a bit of a rest. What are you wearing to DD2's wedding? Would love to see a picture! How are you feeling? I am quite relieved that DD3 is doing all the planning herself and we will turn up in the country when most of the work is done. We sorted out venue and other things before we left. The only thing I feel I have missed out on was the dress buying with her, seeing the bought dress over skype was not quite the same and had me in floods of tears!!! Hope you are feeling all calm about the wedding and are just going to enjoy it all - will you cry?? I know i will, but all my DCs have banned me from shedding any tears as it would be "embarrassing". blush grin

Hi Solo good to "see" you again. I have missed you all and all the encouraging chat!!

ppeatfruit Thu 29-Nov-12 16:19:09

You're panicking me now no it's not till NEXT New Year's Eve Thank Goodness!! and they're doing the planning as well. Which is lovely but I of course had visions of them marrying in a local chateau (there are plenty!!) and borrowing a horse drawn carriage. No such luck grin (Shoreditch Town hall doesn't have the same ring to it does it!!)

IKEWYM about the disgusting conditions that the people live in; my total admiration goes to you for helping them. DH did his best to treat the people who worked for him properly and that was not universally agreed with.I felt it was wrong that we lived in A.C. splendour and they were literally living at our gates in shxx.

Now you're back in contact the encouraging chat will continue don't worry grin

rusmum Thu 29-Nov-12 22:34:59

does this work? bought book/cd years ago and never used it

Solo Thu 29-Nov-12 22:58:25

Rusmum yes it does work. Ignore me, I'm having a long 'moment' right now and need to start over. Do join us and start your new way of eating smile welcome!!

ppeatfruit Fri 30-Nov-12 07:22:27

To repeat Solo( C'mon now Sols get it together girl!!!!) Yes it does work rusmum it's how we all SHOULD eat it's amazing how easy and effective it is actually!! welcome grin

TheDoctrineOfSnatch Fri 30-Nov-12 07:52:06

Hello rus! I think it is a really helpful way of being aware of your eating, yes.

Psyched myself up to get on the scales today and the battery was flat! Have been out for two pizzas this week, left a third of one and half the other as it was enough!

<<sidles in and joins Solo on the 'need to start again' bench>>

Hello ladies and welcome to the newbies.

Yes it does work. It does take a bit of effort but not as much as a normal diet.

Problem is that I am making no effort at all at the moment. blush

On the bright side, my MIL (and FIL but he isn't so scary) are due in 9 hours and the house is a complete tip and we have nothing for tea and breakfast tomorrow. If I am to make this place the cosy, warm, inviting place I want it to be in my head it would take a miracle I am going to get one hell of a work out today getting it ready.

Or I could go to plan B, agreed with DS2 after DS1 and DH left the house, and the two of us will get on a plane and leave the country for somewhere hot. DS2's first choice was Marwell Zoo hotel (20 miles down the road and not in another time zone or particularly hot as far as I am aware) but I negotiated him up to Milan for shoes and football. Seemed like a good compromise. <<sigh>>

Better get on with it.

Solo - I share the teenage angst pain although I did have to laugh this morning - DS1 for some reason best known to himself decided to 'trim' his eyebrows last week with a pair of kitchen scissors and took a big chunk of eyebrow with it. This morning he forgot to put eyebrow pencil on which apparently threw him into a right state in the car on the way to school, so DH tells me. I didn't think putting make up on for school would ever be an issue, not having had any girls but it seems I am wrong. hmmgrin

What I really need to do is scare myself by getting on the scales. You can run from them but you can't hide........smile

ppeatfruit Fri 30-Nov-12 12:48:09

Hi BBB grin Why not ask the ILs to bring some food? That's one less job or take you all out for tea I do that for my ex DIL if she seems stressed. (she's always stressed grin).

Tell yr DS that it's cool to have half an eyebrow I think David Bowie had that at sometime in his career !!

good luck smile

They come by coach ppeat or they probably would bring a load of stuff. MIL has decreed that it is too foggy and dark to drive this time of year. hmm

She could leave at 9am and be here in daylight and I can't remember the last time we had proper fog but if they don't want to it is up to them. I know what I would rather do and it isn't being stuck on a coach and dragging a suitcase pillar to post for 10+ hours!

Should I ever get so old that the only holiday I can go on is a coach holiday, you all have my permission to shot me. I will be past caring by then.

Alibabaandthe40nappies Fri 30-Nov-12 16:59:45

rusmum - yes it really does work, it really does. The key is to listen to the CD and do it regularly.

I've been up and down recently, lots going on requiring head space to process. I have been not brilliant with food, but I have stuck with the exercise, and as a result although I am heavier my waist measurement hasn't increased at all.

I am back on the wagon the last couple of days and I feel brilliant.

tb Fri 30-Nov-12 19:22:12

positive well done on the weight loss.

I had my staples out last Friday, and it bloody hurt! If I'd known what it was going to be like, I'd have put some Boots teething gel on it, as it's got novocaine in it to numb the pain. There were over 20 in total from the 5 incisions. The bit you could see was quite small - about 1/4 of an inch, but the gap between the marks the holes left was about an inch. The nurse told me that her gadget was better than an office staple extractor, but I'm not convinced!

In the clinic they reduced my thyroid medication without telling me. I lost a kilo the first week, but then at the end my weight was the same. From my blood test results, I started wondering if I'm one of those people who can't convert t4 to t3, and so I converted the amount of t4 to t3 by dividing by 10, dropped the t4 and took some extra t3. Bingo! I started losing weight, and my endocrinologist ok'd the change for 3 months last Monday.

Unfortunately I found out yesterday that I've done too much, and have caused a hernia which has let a ball of fat ping through my soggy muscles. I'm now doped up with industrial pain killers, and anti-inflammatories in sufficient quantities to drop an elephant.

ppeat the nearest 'proper' markets are over 20km away, and so can't really justify the round trip once or twice a week at the moment. Perhaps when I've had all the money back from the insurance things will be a little easier financially - we've just found out that we can't sweep the chimney as it isn't lined properly. We had a fire fitted last year that was supposed to sort out the dangerous flue - it would appear that it hasn't. Grrr

ppeatfruit Sat 01-Dec-12 20:14:30

Quick everyone Paul mc. is on telly 255 HOME AND HEALTH the dr Oz show NOW!!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now