Thread 10 already for the Paul McKenna's Paulettes, losing lbs with No Pain! No Pain!! and Definitely No Calories, No Syns, No Humiliation. Come and Join In To Lose Weight With Supportive Friends!

(982 Posts)
Solo Sat 30-Jun-12 16:03:34

Welcome to thread 10 of the Paul McKenna's I Can Make You Thin weight loss system.

The Golden Rules that will aid you on your journey with our like minded support system are:

1. Eat what you WANT
2. Eat when you are HUNGRY
3. Eat CONSCIOUSLY
4. STOP eating when you are satisfied and full

This weight loss system is about re-educating your body; learning to listen to it and in doing so losing weight and inches. So forget diets; they may work for a while, but they aren't permanent solutions. This is a new way of living for your brand new life!!

The Paul McKenna system really works and is easy to maintain.

I've C&P'd our previous threads links as they are helpful.

Here are the book choices on AMAZON which is all you need to get started! they aren't compulsory, but they do help! it's something to refer to and listening to the cd's can really focus you.

This is the tapping technique EXPLAINED - this can be useful to combat cravings.

You don't have to buy the book and CD, but we have found that they do help and somehow they keep you on track, so it would probably be a good investment and will cost you far less than a couple of trips to WW or SW meetings, so do consider having them in your life.

Please feel free to join us, whether it's 10lbs or 10 stones you want to lose.
We are friendly, supportive and successful, but we're not hungry OH NO we're not!!! so come on in and start living your new life today!

HaveALittleFaith Tue 03-Jul-12 08:27:32

Don't forget choco that Paul says when you hit that full point the food stops tasting as good. I was a bit skeptical but it really is true! Yes avoiding Hollyoaks is definitely good for you! smile

Great work recognising a craving! I still struggle with that after 6 months...

ppeatfruit Tue 03-Jul-12 08:42:03

Morning all smile ref' cravings; P.M.'s tapping technique actually works!!grinchoc well done for listening to your body it does get easier BTW.

Oy you HollyO.ks knockers our DD1 is the editor of that show for channel 4!!! IKWYM though grin I try to watch it for reasons of loyalty and fail miserably each timegrin!!! She does understand bless her!!

Chocobo Tue 03-Jul-12 08:55:29

HaveaLittleFaith I know it is really hard with cravings as sometimes they are so strong they can feel like real hunger.

Hi ppeatfruit - must admit have not tried the tapping technique yet so will give that a go. OK to be fair to your DD Hollyoaks is the least depressing soap and Brendan is by far the best soap villian ever (his moustache should have its own credit) smile

JustFabulous Tue 03-Jul-12 09:04:05

more weight on

ds1 being vile

think i might have been short with a school mum

just want some peace

Solo Tue 03-Jul-12 09:24:19

Morning! I'm trying to start over today.

I have found that if I eat from a bowl ( not a mixing bowl wink), I tend to feel full after I've eaten and it's a much smaller portion too! my brother has lost 2 stones by doing that, plus not eating so late. We were brought up with massive meals and a must clear your plate mother, so it's a big step ~ especially for him smile

Solo Tue 03-Jul-12 09:25:13

Sounds like you need the other thread Fab smile

Oh yes, smaller plates are the way. I know when I use the big plates and I put on what is a decent enough portion for me that leaves a bit of space that just looks all wrong and the temptation is to fill it up. I am quite good at resisting that but you can see why, if you aren't thinking about it, you can easily go a bit mad. I use a plate for pasta and definitely eat a lot less than when it was on a plate.

On the downside, I always have a bit of an issue with leaving something on the side of the plate, knowing that I have actually had a small portion anyway and didn't succomb to filling the plate for the sake of it. I hope for an unwanted bit of stalk or something just to make a point to myself that I did leave something! At other times, I say sod it, knowing full well that I have not overeaten and I clear the plate.grin

FartBlossom Tue 03-Jul-12 11:36:14

OMG Ive not seen Hollyoaks for years. Decided i was getting a bit too old for it. did used to like it though. Once someone told me I had a hollyoaks face and should be on it, I wasn't tempted though was slighty chuffed.

Sorry to hear that fab

Im feeling a bit poo today too. Yesterday I went to a few agencies and they basically said my experience is not recent enough for anyone to give me work so Im feeling a little deflated. I suppose one thing I wont have to think about what job works better for me if I can't get an office job (Im tossing between the idea of office or shop work) so might end up in a shop after all. That just means I will be relying on benefits to top up my wages for longer as its not exactly great money in a shop (though I have nothing against the shop work, I just feel bad relying on the tax payer to provide for me and I would like to pay something back) Im not going to let it get to me too much or I will be reaching for the cake, instead Im going to clear my head later and go for a 30 min run.

Alibabaandthe40nappies Tue 03-Jul-12 12:16:36

Good for you FB. Is there anything you can do for yourself, freelance, or maybe volunteering so that you have got something a bit more current for your CV?

Going well today, although things could get awkward from here because I'm off in a minute for parent's 'evening' at DS1's preschool, then an hour after that I've got to pick him up early to take him to story time at his new school - it is only half an hour so the parents hang about in the staff room and there are biscuits...

FartBlossom Tue 03-Jul-12 12:40:39

Ali Ive thought about working for myself, but that means setting up a business usually selling something like Avon or Usbourne books which I am rubbish at (esp since I dont really know many people or have that persuasive type of personality). Freelancing is not something I know anything about and wouldn't know where to start. Volunteering is a good idea, but thats all customer faced (ie in a shop) which I have got a bit more recent experience of that on my CV. I just need some work experience, but at 33 Im not sure if Im a bit old for that sort of thing. I have thought about asking at the job centre if there's any help, but I dont think there is. Ive also thought of going back to college and doing some sort of course (I know what I would do), but how do I pay for that? Anyway this is the wrong board for all this so I am going to look at the employment and back to work boards to think of ways I can kick-start a career.

ppeatfruit Tue 03-Jul-12 12:49:34

I'm joining you in Blighty tomorrow but won't be close to a working computer so probably won't be on here for a good 2 weeks ( I will loose weight 'cos no car!) so bye for now grin

ppeatfruit Tue 03-Jul-12 12:53:31

And good luck everyone smile

HaveALittleFaith Tue 03-Jul-12 13:46:55

FB have you considered volunteering? I'm involved with the volunteers at the hospital and a lot of them find it a good way to get experience to get a paid job, especially healthcare assistants. Not necessarily NHS but general volunteering looks good on a CV if you've not worked for a while.
There's lots of funding options for doing college courses - I'd contact them and ask for advice!

I've just resisted a packet of crisps because I realised I want to eat rather than needing to eat because I'm hungry (I've had other bits of lunch already). Think I'll get a cuppa instead smile

HaveALittleFaith Tue 03-Jul-12 13:47:23

Have fun ppeat!

FartBlossom Tue 03-Jul-12 14:47:15

Thanks for the idea faith I hadn't thought of hospital. Also contact who? how do you find out. On the positive Ive just had a phone call from an agency asking me to go in Friday for a proper registration and a chat about what I want so that might come up with something.

FartBlossom Tue 03-Jul-12 14:47:59

ooh yes ppeat have fun over here in Brittain. Its good to have you smile

HaveALittleFaith Tue 03-Jul-12 15:22:33

Have a look to see if there's an admissions guidance person? At hospitals they usually have a Voluntary Services Manager - could phone switchboard or google them.

ppeatfruit Tue 03-Jul-12 17:50:34

Thanks fblossom and*havea*BTW FB I accidentally got yr pic up and you do have a look of the Hollyoaks cast about you grin the pretty ones i mean!! It would mean living oop North though. maybe you do I didn't think grin BYEEEE

FartBlossom Tue 03-Jul-12 19:08:59

Thanks pp I do live up north, but not that side of the country.

Will look into it faith after Friday, will see what happens at the agency first.

HaveALittleFaith Tue 03-Jul-12 20:53:16

My SIL auditioned and was told she didn't have the right face for Hollyoaks - she cried all the way home to Macclesfield! sad I stopped watching soaps when I started working shifts - couldn't keep up! - and never picked them back up. I luffed Hollyoaks in my 20s though smile

friendly7 Tue 03-Jul-12 21:14:39

I definitely don't know when to stop, had too much food and feel heavy now sad

Solo Tue 03-Jul-12 22:10:26

You will learn in time friendly. I mean, would you have recognised that heavy feeling before? I'll bet not! so you are already on your journey smile

HaveALittleFaith Tue 03-Jul-12 22:21:24

And it's not an easy thing to learn, it's continual process. Tonight the voice in my head Paul?! suddenly said why are you still eating? you're full but I had two more bites - tasted revolting sad before I realised it was true! Honestly realising you're doing it is the first step.

I am shattered and uncomfy, time for pain killers and Pauling. Secretly pleased DH has a lie in tomorrow and is watching a film so Paul doesn't have to compete with his snoring!

KinkyDorito Wed 04-Jul-12 07:07:38

FartBlossom I don't think you're too old for work experience; you're the same age as me and I would go and do it! What sort of work are you interested in? I think I'd look at it as a chance to go into companies and prove yourself. In terms of funding college courses, are you on any benefit - could you get discounts? Also, they often let you spread the cost. Some evening courses aren't that expensive. I hope agency on Friday goes well for you smile.

*Didn't have the right face for Hollyoaks" grin grin grin I hope you are feeling a bit more comfortable this morning. You've made me laugh. It's such a shame that we have programmes that actually judge 'acting' talent based purely on appearance. I made some kids analyse it in Media a few years ago. They thought it was hilarious how all the female characters would be teetering around in heels, bare legs and miniskirts when it was so cold you could see their breath. They decided Hollyoaks was "style over substance" and they were 14! There is hope. (Kinky denies also loving it too all through her teens and twenties... grin)

friendly You will learn the feeling the more you try, as Solo says. Says she who has just hoovered her toast in a very unmindful fashion!! wink

I am a super picker at the moment. It is a hard habit to break. But then, when I think about it, the overeating/grazing is what has endured. Diets have come and gone, but these habits have continued and continued. This isn't a diet, it is trying to get me to tackle the most problematic areas of my eating. If I master it, then I have beaten my issues with food. It will not be easy, and I will make many, many mistakes. But I have overeaten/eaten big portions/grazed all day/comfort eaten for 30 of my 33 years. It will take time. smile

I hope everyone else is well and has a good day today. Have some flowers thanks.

friendly7 Wed 04-Jul-12 08:20:17

Thank you very much for your so warm support. I'm so hungry now. Now, what can I polish off? Haha, only kidding, starting with a mug of warm water, see how I feel after that smile
Happy Tuesday everyone smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now