Thread 10 already for the Paul McKenna's Paulettes, losing lbs with No Pain! No Pain!! and Definitely No Calories, No Syns, No Humiliation. Come and Join In To Lose Weight With Supportive Friends!

(982 Posts)
Solo Sat 30-Jun-12 16:03:34

Welcome to thread 10 of the Paul McKenna's I Can Make You Thin weight loss system.

The Golden Rules that will aid you on your journey with our like minded support system are:

1. Eat what you WANT
2. Eat when you are HUNGRY
3. Eat CONSCIOUSLY
4. STOP eating when you are satisfied and full

This weight loss system is about re-educating your body; learning to listen to it and in doing so losing weight and inches. So forget diets; they may work for a while, but they aren't permanent solutions. This is a new way of living for your brand new life!!

The Paul McKenna system really works and is easy to maintain.

I've C&P'd our previous threads links as they are helpful.

Here are the book choices on AMAZON which is all you need to get started! they aren't compulsory, but they do help! it's something to refer to and listening to the cd's can really focus you.

This is the tapping technique EXPLAINED - this can be useful to combat cravings.

You don't have to buy the book and CD, but we have found that they do help and somehow they keep you on track, so it would probably be a good investment and will cost you far less than a couple of trips to WW or SW meetings, so do consider having them in your life.

Please feel free to join us, whether it's 10lbs or 10 stones you want to lose.
We are friendly, supportive and successful, but we're not hungry OH NO we're not!!! so come on in and start living your new life today!

ppeatfruit Mon 02-Jul-12 09:42:32

Morning All smile a big welcome to choc this is the best long term permanent eating plan there is it's how we ALL should eat smile

Hi Choco - nice to meet you. Do feel free to join in any time.

Kinky - Ice pops are good but just be careful of your teeth. They can be quite hard on teeth although a broken tooth does have a tendency to distract you from eating for a bit as I know to my cost so not all bad! smile

Chocobo Mon 02-Jul-12 10:09:12

Thank you all for the lovely warm welcome. Am feeling quite excited about this. Never found it so easy not to snack in the evenings - I even ended up leaving half a steak last week which I never thought possible (I LOVE steak) so my DH is also pleased as he got to finish it off smile

Bought the book on a spur of the moment the other week. Had got round to weighing myself and was shocked to find I'd got to 17st1 shock blush which is my heaviest ever. Have been overweight pretty much all my life and have spent years losing a bit then putting it back on with more so am really hoping this is going to work!

So far today have had a slice of toast with peanut butter and as I have breakfast really early just had a mini flapjack to keep me going until lunch as was feeling peckish. Am going to treat myself to a nice salad from Pret for lunch I think.

JustFabulous Mon 02-Jul-12 10:21:17

Morning all!

Just been shopping and bought a new dress and two new tops. Going to paint my nails soon.

DH won't let me weigh myself.

I am still trying to do PM but I am also using my Pig To Twig book for food ideas as I think I am getting my calories food intake from the wrong things.

Had cornflakes for breakfast.
Carrots and houmous for a mid morning snack.
Got salad, cheese and steak pieces for lunch.
Got satsuma and pear for mid afternoon snack.
M & S fish something for dinner.
Bought emergency caterpillar sweets and bar of choc from M&S as AF must be due soon.

Solo Mon 02-Jul-12 10:32:19

Welcome choco smile you will be great on here! it's a brilliant system and we are a brilliant bunch and very supportive!
Small tip. Try not to eat if you are peckish, but only when you are really hungry. It's a task to get into sometimes, but that does help with the ststem smile

Solo Mon 02-Jul-12 10:32:45

*system.

Chocobo Mon 02-Jul-12 10:58:14

Thanks for the tip solo smile

friendly7 Mon 02-Jul-12 11:49:48

Hi, I'd like to join you please. I have to say that I'm not good (yet) and stopping as I don't always realize that I had enough food. Can I still join you please?

Solo Mon 02-Jul-12 12:01:57

Of course you can friendly welcome!!! smile you will get used to it, don't worry!

ppeatfruit Mon 02-Jul-12 12:11:45

friendly it's lovely that you're on here now! The trick that really got me into it (it does take some time anyway) Is the 'chew each mouthful for between 15 and 20 seconds' and listening to your body (if you don't usually!) takes a while.

As Solo mentions at the top of the thread both the book, CD and DVDs are extremely helpful but it depends on how much support you need and money you've got though grin you can get them cheaply.

arfur Mon 02-Jul-12 13:22:22

Hello all and welcome choco & friendly smile

The am I full thing is one thing I still find tricky but something I recently picked from a similar WOE (way of eating) is don't ask yourself if you are full ask yourself am i still hungry? Sounds a big odd but is much better for me. Maybe give that a try friendly ?

Solo Mon 02-Jul-12 13:31:29

I find that when I'm full, I give out a natural sigh. I just need to listen to myself sighing!

FartBlossom Mon 02-Jul-12 14:51:57

hi everyone.

Seems Ive not been doing a couple of things right. I need to stop picking at food, just because this WOE says I can eat what I want when I want should not give me the excuse to pick at food when Im a little bit peckish.

Good idea about the question arfur I will try thinking about if Im still hungry during meal times rather than am I full yet.

Also how do people not weigh themselves? I really tried to hold off for two weeks when I first started, but could only manage a week and now I do it most mornings. I know I shouldn't, but I like to keep an eye on it. I do have to say though that Ive not gone above 12st 2 for a while and one day last week I was even less than 12 stone grin I did tell DH to hide the scales, but he refused saying I'll be fine and wont weigh myself, but Im finding Im waiting until he's taken the dog for his morning walk then Im sneaking a weigh in. I know I need to stop, but I just cant.

I do feel thinner though and more confident so its not all bad grin

KinkyDorito Mon 02-Jul-12 15:20:27

Hello all smile.

Am super stressy today and having to fight the urge not to eat the biscuits in the cupboard. I am not hungry, so can't even use the excuse of PMK, hungry and chewing, because I'm not. I am greedy and panicky.

Anyway, hello friendly and Chocobo. It does work, just listen to the CD. And I say this as someone who stopped listening to the CD, stopped following the rules and put weight back on again blush. So, I'm starting again: I am also back on my first week.

BBB I crunch em with my back teeth, like a dog with a bone. Attractive. DH is a lucky, lucky man. I'm sure he often stares at me across the sofa, crunching my icepop, thinking, 'lord, I am blessed to be married to such an enticing creature'. grin

I'm dumping my scales, only because I'm still wavering a bit and feeling like I'm eating a lot, *Fart, so I don't want to know at the moment! Usually, am a 3 times a day girl when I'm on a strict diet. But, I need to try and break the habit because it really hasn't worked for me. Now I just clamber on and sigh. It doesn't motivate me, more depresses me and makes me want biscuits!

Hello to ppeat, Solo and Just too.

Solo Mon 02-Jul-12 16:05:15

Yes FB that's what the rules say...*'Eat when you are hungry'* so, when you are hungry, Eat what you want and then Eat consciously really chewing for longer than you probably are already doing, really tasting the food, the flavour and textures, but finally STOP!! when you are full because you don't actually need more food once you are full. This is why we need to listen to our bodies, our stomachs and in the end, we wont need to think about doing it, we'll just do it because that's just what we do.
When I was almost 17, I was waiting for my birthday so that I could legally ride my motorbike, but I was worried about how I'd know when to change gear! my friends boyfriend said to me...'listen to that bike passing by; you can hear when he changes gear, it (the sound) stops momentarily and then the sound starts again, but sounds different.' He said to me 'soon, you'll be changing gear and wolf whistling at the boys all at once without even thinking about it!' and he was right of course ~ 'cept the wolf whistling the helmet got in the way 'cos I'm not that kind of gal wink...that's how it will be for us doing our Pauling; we just wont need to think about it anymore, we'll just do it because it's natural.

Kinky keep going lovely. I'm starting again too really...we'll get there smile

I'm just back from the JC+ ugh, ugh, ugh!!!

friendly7 Mon 02-Jul-12 16:25:16

Thank you so much for your warm welcome! Well, I have to say that I find it difficult to chew food for long as I' so behind everyone to finish and this can irritate a lot so I suppose I need to find a reasonable compromise and chew for longer then I normally do. Sometimes also it's not possible for me to eat when hungry as we stick to family meals whenever possible and I'm not always hungry then so again, I might have to adjust. Does this all sound awfully wrong to you? I might be not the right person for the group... Please let me know, I wouldn't be upset. Wishing you good luck. You have so much will power! I admire your work!

Alibabaandthe40nappies Mon 02-Jul-12 16:33:06

friendly I think we all juggle this around trying to feed our families in some kind of consistent way. I know that I am very aware of not wanting to behave in any kind of 'strange' manner around food and therefore create food issues for my boys!
I eat as slowly as I can, as consciously as I can. Some days it happens more than others smile

Solo - do you need a moan?

FartBlossom Mon 02-Jul-12 17:00:33

good comparison solo regarding the changing gear. When I drive I dont think about changing gear I just do it. Although when I was learning back in 96 I did have to think more. Dont get me wrong I have definately adopted a couple of good things, ie I dont really think about what I am eating anymore and certainly dont feel bad that my meal may full of fat and badness (like lasagne or curry), but instead of carrying on eating it because it tastes too good to stop I do stop, but I still probably go a little over the hungry stage because Im still thinking Im not full yet although Ive certainly not got to the stage I used to where Id be too full and bloated and really feel ugh. I am now going to think am I still hungry and if the answer is no then I will stop. Ive also managed to not feel guilty if I leave food on my plate. I was a member of the clean plate club and didn't like to leave food, but now I feel chuffed if there is food left as it means I have stopped before it got way too much. There will always be another day to have that meal again.

friendly we have family meal times too and that is not something I am willing to change or miss due to my WOE. If I feel hungry before I know I should just have a drink to put me on a bit, but in all reality I do nibble and I know I shouldn't (hence my earlier post about not eating when I am peckish)

I might have to go to a job centre soon too. I am looking for work mainly over the internet and not really getting anywhere. Went to a couple of agencies today (there are only 3 I can find in my town - Ive not lived here long), but Im not holding much hope, none of them seemed great. Also the job centre online is rubbish to look for work. I much prefer the system that they use in the actual centres. Looking forward to getting a job not only because I need to work, but I will be busier with my days.

ppeatfruit Mon 02-Jul-12 18:01:34

Ref. knowing when you're full; sometimes it takes a little while AFTER I stop eating to get the full signal esp. if I've eaten a bit too fastblush we're not superwomen friendly believe me!! Just been at it a bit lot longer than you and if anyone's like me there are times when i'm really motivated and times when i'm tired or fed up and it goes out of the window. One of the BEST things is you can just start again and know it costs nothing!!!grin

Oh and you know it works. Kinks are you working at being positive about your image are you? c'mon now; he's lucky to have you remember you're lovelygrin WE ALL AREsmile

MardyBra Mon 02-Jul-12 18:08:16

Marking place. And hello to friendly and choc.

Been off the rails - busy week - not had time to listen to trance on iPod and also lots of social stuff and wine. Anyway getting back on track today.

Love to all.

HaveALittleFaith Mon 02-Jul-12 18:40:36

Hello friendly and choco! <waves>

I'm definitely not super woman! Actually I think Pauling is not about will power at all! That's the principle of diet clubs and where I have failed in the past. It's about trying to listen to your body. It's recginsign you're going to fail at times but getting back on it when you do!

I find it easier not to weigh myself when the scales aren't easily accessible. Just seeing them there on the bathroom floor lures me in. I might weigh myself in the Boots scales each fortnight with the fat % indicator instead so I can see both. I used to get weighed and measured at the gym which was a great indicator and something I will miss. Still upset that I had to quit after 3 years there (to the day weirdly!) but it was the right choice for now.

Chin up kinky. Have you tried doing the visualising?

friendly7 Mon 02-Jul-12 20:01:39

Thank you all for your support, all I can say is that I'll try my best smile
Good luck to everyone!!!

HaveALittleFaith Mon 02-Jul-12 20:44:15

friendly that's all we can ask of ourselves!

Currently battling with DH about the concept of not having the tv on during dinner hmm honestly? It's easier without him! I'm pleased though because I only had a tiddly bit of spaghetti and thought that won't be enough but actually I'm comfortably full! smile

friendly7 Mon 02-Jul-12 22:52:51

Hi, HaveALittleFaith, thank you, I know, all we can do is try our best. Good luck!

Chocobo Tue 03-Jul-12 08:24:05

Hi HaveALittleFaith - funnily have just had same conversation with my DH about not having TV on during dinner and he is willing to give it a go. Think it is because we usually have dinner during Hollyoaks so in missing that will be good for our brains as well as our bodies. smile

I too am still finding it a little bit difficult to know when to stop eating. As FartBlossom says it is hard to know if I want to continue eating because I need more food or because it tastes so good. I suppose will get there with practice but I am no longer getting that bloated too-full feeling either so hopefully doing something right.

I was proud of myself last night as managed to recognise an emotional craving for food and stop myself from eating. Usually I would just make some toast or reach for a packet of crisps without thinking but I actually stopped and listened to my body and realised I was still full from dinner and the craving disappeared within minutes.

Good Luck to everyone too!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now