Slimming Pills

(8 Posts)
Talkinpeace Sat 02-Mar-13 22:33:07

the only slimming pills that actually work are the ones that contain amphetamines (speed in the illegal drug parlance)

avoid them at all costs
MFP and 5:2
you'll crack it

we WILL put the diet "industry" out of business

Hi sweetbean

I would go to the daily mail website and search on diet pills. I know the dm are negative about everything but they have horror stories of women who have taken them with horrible, sometimes life threatening side effects. In the 60s they were made with amphetamines which are banned now, so who knows what they put in them now? I personally wouldn't even trust legally approved ones to enter my system.

I have lost 2 1/2 stone through lifestyle change- eating less, more exercise, Mfp, portion control, no snacking. There are so many threads here advocating different ways of losing weight so why don't you read a few and find the way of losing weight that most suits your lifestyle and tastes.

Good luck.

BIWI Tue 26-Feb-13 23:12:54

You first need to define what you mean by 'healthy eating'

If you are following conventional advice, then this means that you will be following a diet primarily based on carbohydrate.

Carbohydrates are actually the worst thing that you can eat, and will be responsible for your weight gain.

Please don't turn to pills and supplements to try and lose weight. You can do this much more easily (and sensibly) by cutting carbs right down, and increasing the amount of fat and protein in your diet.

And marriedtoaslimmingworlder is a first time poster on MN, so probably has a specific agenda to push .... hmm

marriedtoaslimmingworlder Tue 26-Feb-13 23:08:05

Message deleted by Mumsnet for breaking our Talk Guidelines. Replies may also be deleted.

sweetbean Thu 21-Jun-12 13:42:34

Just joined looks realy good thank you for the recommendation. are you a member? x

sweetbean Thu 21-Jun-12 12:42:23

Thank you for your reply itwillendinsmiles. I do know how to eat healthy and do lots of exercise just seem to be getting fatter and fatter its making me so depressed !!!! sad

Itwillendinsmiles Thu 21-Jun-12 08:36:51

www.myfitnesspal.com and drinking water.

You keep a diary of your exercise and what you've eaten and are given nutritional goals depending on your starting weight and lifestyle.

Slimming pills are unlikely to be a long term solution as when you stop taking them (but haven't changed your nutrition) the weight will just go back on.

sweetbean Thu 21-Jun-12 08:13:15

Hi There

Desparate times call for desprate mesurese !!!!!!

Can anyone recommend a slimming aid that actually works !! I eat well and exercise. But can't seem to shift the weight!! i have just come off my medication in the hope that it might help in my weight loss as it was a major contributor to it but so far i have managed to pile on 6lbs in a month sad angry.
Im on the brink and just need some thing to kick start my faith in try to loss weigh.

Can any one help PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE sad sad

Thanks x

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now