HotMamas - Are we Hot? Yes we are!

(1000 Posts)

17th thread lucky for successful and sustained weight loss????? Let's hope so!!!

luckoftheirish Wed 10-Jul-13 09:22:10

Hey fjornysmile

Yes still off them tho using the e cig but I have to say that a lot of the time I was smoking was just pure habit so thankfully not using the electric too much. Good thing tho it seems to kind of take away my appetite lol

Glad to hear you had a lovely weekend and I am sure that the excess will disappear by Friday smile

Hope you are not too jet lagged sazz and enjoying yourself xx

luckoftheirish Fri 12-Jul-13 07:39:35

The week of the up and down up and down and currently up hmm must try harder!

Hope u fared better fjorny x

+1 here loti! Never mind, could have been much worse...

Hope you have a lovely weekend and we'll start again on Monday grin

luckoftheirish Mon 15-Jul-13 14:22:33

blushblushblushblushblushblushblushsmile

I feel your pain, bet I win though loti, was +8.5 this morning shockshockshock Have been fasting today so might lose some of it...

luckoftheirish Tue 16-Jul-13 10:20:28

I am sure that between the fast and mucho weeing most of that is gone smile

I have lost my mojo and frustrated that I have but not enough to do anything about it blush

SizzleSazz Tue 16-Jul-13 20:36:43

I'm too scared to weigh after a week of stuffing my face......

Reasonably healthy day yesterday, now 'only' +3 on Friday. Having another fasting day today as last day at work tomorrow & celebrating wedding anniversary, then going on holiday early hours of Saturday morning so tomorrow will be my last half-decent weigh for a while blush [cream teas] grin

loti we have seen your photos and you are THIN and GORGEOUS so bloody hell matey, don't sweat it!

*sazz you are not quite as thin as loti but gorgeous too grin I'm sure a bit of chinese food hasn't scuppered you too much!

Woo hoo lost the 3 so evens on the week <massive phew> grin

luckoftheirish Thu 18-Jul-13 11:53:27

Well done fjornysmilesmilesmile what's your secret method??

Today is mostly about salad and vegetables wink

SizzleSazz Thu 18-Jul-13 19:27:59

Are you popping in on your way past Fjorn?

Not this time matey, we are setting off 4.30am to be there in time for breakfast <eek> We will wave at both of you on our way past though grin

luckoftheirish Thu 18-Jul-13 21:03:33

Have a fab time gringringringrin

Just u and me holding the fort nxt week sazz oops grin

SizzleSazz Fri 19-Jul-13 00:03:51

I'm off weds loti!

If you do need a break, then please do pop in Fjorn

luckoftheirish Fri 19-Jul-13 07:39:05

Holy moly will just be a one woman show lol gringringrin

luckoftheirish Sat 20-Jul-13 13:31:53

Went to the gym for the first time in forever blushsmile

DoctorGilbertson Sun 21-Jul-13 00:16:50

Hello,

Arrrghhh re: weight at the moment, but on the up side I went charity shop shopping so now have some clothes that fit.

And our new house is lovely (we bought a house in Cambridgeshire, so not moving again for a while).

But the hot water tank started leaking tonight.

24 hour plumber coming tomorrow (apparently not quite 24 hour)

Life, it never stops. I need to stop waiting for the right time and get on with trying to lose weight really. Has anyone tried fasting? Sounds like it wouldn't need much thought, but perhaps, in fact, more will power than I have.

Hello to all,

DoctorGilbertson Thu 25-Jul-13 18:13:07

Just me then - I will read back for some inspiration at all your good work and try to talk myself into some good strategies while following your advice!

I'm back grin

Had a fab holiday, stuffed my face with all manner of fatty foods blush, was a bit scared to step on the scales but 'only' +9 which I can nearly do in a weekend so could have been worse grin. Fasting today and Wednesday or Thursday so just got to watch out for cake at DS' party tomorrow and I should be OK...

Hey DrG, good to hear from you smile how's it going back in England? Is your DH setlling in OK? You asked about fasting, well I have been doing it for only a few weeks and finding it surprisingl easy to just not eat all day (just drinking buckets of tea!) and have a bit of chicken in a massive salad for teaa. The thing I am having dificulty with is eating 'normally' on the other 5 days, especially the weekend ones, so seem to be yo-yoing up and down each week, sometimes massively. At least it does come down again I suppose...

luckoftheirish Wed 31-Jul-13 07:41:27

blush Oops this fell off the threads I am on blushblushblushblush

Nice to see you dg smile hope you and dh/dcs are doing well and settling back into things.

Hope fast went well mon fjorny and you managed to swerve eating too much cake smile

Having massive tummy issues at the moment so weight very up and down. Still walking about 4/5 miles a day but think I really need to step up the old exercise a bit! Tho zero motivation hmm

Just think though loti, once your thing is cleared you'll prob be half a stone lighter grin hope the medicine is working its magic by now x

Well my Monday fast ended in disaster cake blush then DS' party, then massive hangover carb fest had me right back up [sigh] but somehow my fast day yesterday had me -4.5 wtf??? so am 'only' +4.5 on two weeks ago at 12 7.5. Still miles too much and on leave from 4.30pm today until 21 august ( grin ) so god knows how fat I will be by then... Hoping to check in here a bit more often to try and rein in the excess though, and starting back full-on-weightloss mode in September.

luckoftheirish Sat 03-Aug-13 11:29:42

Went to the gym properly for the first time in over a month blush v hard but feel much better for going !

Fjorny we must do better grin

DoctorGilbertson Thu 15-Aug-13 06:49:16

came back to visit as I am eating chocolate cake for breakfast, sigh. Right, I will now get the kids packed lunches made and off to work away from the cake.

SizzleSazz Mon 19-Aug-13 07:32:12

Back with an extra 1/2 stone since 5 July.

Feel really unfit, lethargic and wobbly so time to get some mojo back.

Will probably do some form of cabbage soup this week and try and dust the trainers off.

Glad to hear you are settled DrG - I expect we will all get properly motivated once school goes back but I will keep visiting here in the next couple of weeks until then.

LOTI - are you feeling any better?

Hello blushblushblush

12 12 today shock and that is a couple down on the weekend where I managed to break the 13-stone barrier...

On the 'plus' side dr has diagnosed me with labyrinthitis today, been feeling dizzy for a couple of days, plus a small migraine this morning had me convinced I was having a stroke so this is much better news! And quite mild according to some of the horror stories I've been reading. Anyway the anti-dizzy tablets I'm on are best not mixed with booze so I have a week or two to really make some inroads into that...

Let's all be thin by Christmas!!!!!

This thread is not accepting new messages.