HotMamas - Are we Hot? Yes we are!

(1000 Posts)

17th thread lucky for successful and sustained weight loss????? Let's hope so!!!

RedLentil Sun 27-Jan-13 17:58:33

None of you will want to know how delicious mumsnet lemon drizzle cake is with poppy seeds in then. grin

Not too dreadful here, but Tim had invited over some lovely friends who are emigrating soon and we had the kind of lovely lazy meal we're normally too cash- & time- poor to do.

Today I've been driven to cake by a heap of rural development funding application forms I'm filling in .... Glamorous, eh?

luckoftheirish Sun 27-Jan-13 19:08:52

Just realising doing naff all exercise buggars up your calories massive hmm

Red cake <drool>

Sazz wine double oops grin

Must do better tomorrow!

Fjorny good luck at dentist Tom and for hopefully swerving the gin gringringrin

SizzleSazz Sun 27-Jan-13 21:23:02

Ok, so have been better today. Not great food - cereal/toast/pizza/muffin, but not much of any of them so i'm hoping that i have made a small reversal of the previous days excesses.

Having a catered lunch at work tomorrow which will be difficult. I so hate not being in control of the food in front of me. I guess i can have a light supper if i do get scuppered by a delicious spread of food <weak>

SizzleSazz Mon 28-Jan-13 06:52:50

+2.75. Boo.
Could have been worse I guess hmm

luckoftheirish Mon 28-Jan-13 08:07:30

Miracle stssmile however need to exercise as really struggled on cals hmm

Boo indeed sazz but I bet by Tom you will be down, it was a extraordinary weekend grin

Do you mean you're even loti? If so well done!

sazz I <pah> at your +2.75 with my +3.25 grin despite swerving lovely cafe cake yesterday aft shock Didn't swerve the gin though, but only had two as up early for DC's dental visit. Woke at 3.30am and didn't get back to sleep till after 5am so will need will of iron to keep away from carbs today <yawn>

red sounds like you ahd a lovely time with your friends smile but you can keep your lemon drizzle, give me chocolate or coffee cake please...

SizzleSazz Mon 28-Jan-13 20:30:45

Well done LOTI smile

Well, i have done ok today (i think!) Had 5 quarter sandwiches (1 egg, 2 salmon, 2 tuna) and some salad. Avoided the vegetable quiche and cakes so pretty good. Not actually had any dinner yet as have been working since i got in (in between putting kids to bed)

So, i think i will have some soup DH made - dhal type stuff and hopefully leave it there.

Going off to do my FF estimating to see what i have left to play with grin

SizzleSazz Mon 28-Jan-13 20:36:27

Woo hoo, only 900 calories gone grin

luckoftheirish Mon 28-Jan-13 21:14:36

Well done on the reigning in sazz smilesmile

I am slighty over due to a wineblush

SizzleSazz Mon 28-Jan-13 21:42:08

I have topped up with a G&(S)T. Still within calories though wink

<cheers>

SizzleSazz Tue 29-Jan-13 08:02:04

Yay, not quite up up (or down!) to LOTI's level but down 2.25 so only 0.5 up on Friday. Limiting my being 'bad' to two evenings seems to have paid off.

luckoftheirish Tue 29-Jan-13 08:13:24

Woo hoo sazz smile

I am down 0.5 grin hope it continues as its only Tuesday!smile

Woo hoo you guys that's brilliant grin

I am only down 1.25 so still a way to go to get to evens. Off to google low carb high fibre foods though...

luckoftheirish Tue 29-Jan-13 11:11:22

Fjorny have u been following the boot camp thread? I think they have a recipe thread too that you could look at?

I am trying to control my carbs but don't think I could give them up completely lol

luckoftheirish Tue 29-Jan-13 16:43:11

I have walked 6 miles today <thud>

Cracking sore throat and sore teeth courtesy of the hygienist is helping with the calorie intake!

SizzleSazz Tue 29-Jan-13 23:38:08

Yay for the long walk LOTI, but boo for throat. I haven't found many illnesses which put me off my eating and drinking tbh!!

Have had very busy but pretty crap (please don't ask I am trying to forget it lol) day. Stayed well under calories I think, although had to guesstimate dh's cooking experiment for tea.

Made a vat of cabbage soup which is much better than the last so lunches/fill up snack sorted.

Hope you sourced your low carb stuff Fjorn. I have realised (well re-realised for about the 4th time hmm ) that it is calories in v calories out for me and nothing else works. At least it means nothing is banned.

SizzleSazz Wed 30-Jan-13 07:28:05

Only down 0.25 so still 0.25 up on Friday. However back under 11 (just) at 10.13.75.

Circuits today smile

Still no progress on my high fibre requirement blush but nonetheless am back to evens today <phew> grin "just" two more to lose to be back to my pre-Christmas weight - can I do it by Friday and start a new month with good news?????

sazz yay for being 10-something again grin hope your day is better and you enjoy circuits.

loti hope you are feeling better today?

I am definitely feeling a bit thinner, especially round my ribs, but tummy is still a disaster area. Need to do some toning I think and toying with the idea of a Feb challenge of some kind. Don't really have time can't be arsed to do the shred every day but maybe 100 sit ups a day or something similar. Got till Friday to decide anyway!

SizzleSazz Wed 30-Jan-13 09:26:52

I'm up for a shred challenge. Maybe not every day though.....

SizzleSazz Wed 30-Jan-13 12:38:36

2k run and 1hr circuits <phew>

Grapefruit for brekker, cabbage soup for lunch so far

I have stocked up on sugar-free toffee and also milled flaxseed. That should get things moving... grin Plus an hour's walk alt lunchtime, it's not circuits but better than nowt.

luckoftheirish Wed 30-Jan-13 18:46:28

Work, scootered dds to and from school + another mile so that's 5 clocked up but food not been great blush
Hope things move pretty quick for you fjorny grin

Woo hoo for great exercise sazz smile

SizzleSazz Wed 30-Jan-13 20:25:46

Fjorny - the cabbage soup is quite good for movement blushgrin

Well done on the exercise LOTI

I have been madly busy again today so only managed to clock up 1,000 calories. Mind you, i expect i can manage to sort another 200 from somewhere before bedtime wink

luckoftheirish Wed 30-Jan-13 21:00:46

Are u not using your exercise cals at all sazz? Maybe that's where I am going wrong shock or maybe just eating too much blush

SizzleSazz Wed 30-Jan-13 21:14:38

Normally I do LOTI, but i got ensconced in work for 4hrs and hence didn't eat anything after my lunch soup. I wasn't hungry either. So, i've had a big dinner - casserole & rice and don't seem to need any more confused

TBH one day of being well under calories is sadly not going to make any massive difference and i have a catered lunch tomorrow so will make up for it then i'm sure!

This thread is not accepting new messages.