Threads in this topic will auto-delete after 90 days.

Sole Source Diet - CD/Exante/LL/ANY - 2012 thread 2

(604 Posts)
DucketyDuckDuck Tue 15-May-12 09:04:01

This is a thread for all those embarking on, continuing and returning to Sole Source type Diets.

For some of us, its the only way to go. As the saying goes "it works if you work it".

DucketyDuckDuck Thu 17-May-12 11:46:43

Hi everyone.

Im abit late today, everyone sounds so lovely and positive! A good day for all I hope.

Ok, so weigh in up date.

Week 1 - don't know was too scared to weigh myself!
Week 2 - 14 pounds obviously over two weeks.
Week 3 - weigh in on Monday morning.

So started at 18.10 am now 17.10

I heard someone mention about vanilla shake with coffee. My DH left me a pot of hot filter coffee this morning (very sweet he is sometimes). I mixed with vanilla shake and it was nice, like a posh coffee!

Bye for now

xxx

laura4jasmine Thu 17-May-12 12:03:49

Morning, great to see the positive vibes on here smile
Felling strong today, I have a long way to go so have to keep good thoughts going. I had 3.5st to loose, lost 5.5lbs last week so still 3st 1.5lbs to go! Aiming for having lost most of it by end of July....too ambitious? Still, as soon2B said aim high!!!!
The bars on LL are vile too, taste like puke in a bar YUCK! I've never liked milkshakes so I stick to the porridges, soups and chili, which are lovely. You can make crisps with the soup but I've not got round to doing that yet. We did them in class and they were lovely. You can also get a moose mix to add to milkshakes (put in freezer for ice-cream) or fruit drinks (makes jelly). Can you do anything creative with your packs?

5inthebed Thu 17-May-12 12:39:47

Soon2, you're really not meant to have bars until you are in third week. Naughty consultant!

I love the peanut bars and am looking forward to the choc mint ones as well as never had them last time I did this. Cranberry ones are far too sweet and the rest are minging.

Doing really well everyone! WI for me tomorrow, cannot wait!

How do you make crisps? confused

kitkatkaty Thu 17-May-12 13:09:46

Hi Everyone!

Good idea Juma, to say where we are. I don't mind saying my weight as I'm hoping it will be considerably lower very soon! I started out at 17st 11lbs - the highest I have ever been and my clothes were straining at the seams! I am also not someone who carries my weight well and felt really unhappy! I am in my fourth week and so far have lost 21 lbs which I am very pleased with. My weigh in is tonight and I am hoping to have a good weight loss. I'd be happy with anything over 4lbs (which would put me almost, if not in, the next stone bracket)!

5inthebed - sorry to hear you are unwell, I hope you start feeling better soon xx

I'm with most of you in that I haven't told many people that I'm doing the diet. I have done WW and SW before and put every pound lost back on and then some! I haven't told many people about this becuase the reaction is generally "oh another diet, wonder how long that one will last" which sounds harsh but is actually true enough! Also, i think people would disapprove and I don't want them to discourage me as I feel like I am on a roll! I guess they will figure it out for themselves in a couple of month time!

Hi to newbies. Don't know about you but I'm looking forward to actually (hopefully) being able to fit into something decent this summer instead of hiding indoors or wearing baggy wintery clothes!

Back later with the results of the weigh-in...! xx

laura4jasmine Thu 17-May-12 17:40:25

Good luck with the WI Kitkat

5inthe to make crisps you put a small amount of water in the soup mix and make to a slightly runny paste. You spread it thinly on baking paper (not grease-proof it will stick) and microwave it for a min or two (depends on the size you make them). If you use a tsp you get loads or you can make one or two really big ones and break them up.

Been really hungry this afternoon but staying strong. Hope you all have a good evening.

jinx86 Thu 17-May-12 18:58:25

Hi,

I met with my CD counsellor today. He seemed nice. I took away some shakes, soups and ready made drinks. I told him i will start it on saturday as im planning on going for a meal and cinema with friends tomorrow.

I'm looking forward to the weight finally going, just hope i can keep it up. Everyone on here seems to be doing really well.

Did anyone else find it really strange the first time looking at what you will be eating for a week. Not much. lol.

So day 1 of the SS plan.

x

Anita1972 Thu 17-May-12 23:20:54

Hi , im new on here. I have been doing ss for nearly 3 weeks, i lost 10lb 1st week then 3lb 2nd week. i was thinking of going on to ss+ as feel like i need abit of food but im worried i might not lose as much. I am getting married end of june and wanna lose 2 stone by then . You are all doing so well, xx

kitkatkaty Fri 18-May-12 08:33:28

Hi everyone

Had the weigh in last night and lost...4lb! Pleased with that. The previous week I lost 3lb but I had one of the bars every day which are slightly higher in calories, I noticed, so not sure if that's the reason for the difference or not! So 1st 11lb in 4 weeks - really pleased! Hoping for 3lb next week to get me to 2 stone. I am now dead on 16st so any loss next week will take me into the 15st bracket which will be amazing. Can't remember the last time I weighed something starting with 15!

Welcome Anita, you are doing really well! I know what you mean about needing a bit of food. I made the decision to do SS+ but then decided I didn't need to - almost as if knowing that I could have a bit of food made me want it less?! So I have stuck with SS for the time being.

Have a good day everyone! xx

Juma Fri 18-May-12 10:53:07

Good Morning everyone! Great that you're feeling so motivated again soon2besmile I'm a bit iffy with the bars - sort of like the peanut one, but I only have 2 in the week. I think I might start to have a few more though because they do give you a bit more fibre if you get my drift wink.
Weigh in tonight for me, would love to see another 2lbs.
Hope everyone is managing to stay positive and in control
Jx

5inthebed Fri 18-May-12 12:48:52

Morning everyone. Just a quick update from me. Lost 4lbs at Wi this morning, so thats 13lbs in two weeks.

Well done to everyone on the losses.

Away for the weekend camping, should be fun (not).

Juma Fri 18-May-12 16:16:17

Yay 5inthebed, that's brill - just think nearly a stone in a fortnight! Hi Anita, you are doing so well, 2 stone is my target (wish I had a wedding as an incentive!).
Off to get weighed shortly, fingers crossed
Jx

soon2Bslim Fri 18-May-12 16:34:29

Hello ladies, well done 5inthebed on the loss 13lbs in two weeks is soo good! Goodluck juma on ur weigh in.
Im still carrying on, not wanting to cheat at all. My hubby is really frustrating me right now but its strange beacuse normally i would want to go and stuff my face but thats not appealing to me at all which is good! So glad im doing it for real this time, i will be slim i will be slim lol. talk to you soon x

Mumto6 Fri 18-May-12 18:45:22

Hi can I join in?

I've been doing cd ss for about a month and lost a stone so far, should be more but I've actually in the last week found the resolve to just do it without cheating.

Definitely ready to lose this weight have 4 stone to lose with a target date of September.

Juma Fri 18-May-12 18:49:46

Hi there, welcome to mumof6, sounds like you're 'in the zone' - best of luck.

Just had my week 7 weigh in - 3.5lbs loss making a total of 1stone 5.5lbs, and 10lbs to go - yaay!
Just tried the cranberry bar - really liked it yumsmile
Jx

maytheoddsbeeverinyourfavour Fri 18-May-12 19:00:10

Hi everyone, can I join in?

I'm doing exante/slim and save and am at the end of week 20 grin I'm almost 4 stone down too (haven't cheated but am a bit of a slow loser)

I've still got a way to go but I've never lasted this long before so I'm hoping this time might be it <crosses fingers>

Glad to see more people hopping on the vlcd wagon grin

Mumto6 Fri 18-May-12 19:05:44

maytheoddsbeeverinyourfavour-

That's an amazing weight loss well done you.

Definitely in the zone now Juma weigh in's are once a fortnight on a Monday (my choice)
So another 10 days to go.

Misssss Sat 19-May-12 11:51:09

Wow maytheoddsbeeverinyourfavour, twenty weeks! I'm so impressed. I'm on my 2nd day of slim and save now. Freezing and feeling a bit miserable. However the scales have started to move the right way so there is something to smile about.

Now can I ask a question to all you seasoned ssers... What about exercise? Does it accelerate your losses or make them slow down? I'm tempted to do the shred or something because I want some kind of muscle tone too. Or will I be doing too much? Thanks

Juma Sat 19-May-12 12:02:15

Hello, maytheodds - you're doing brilliantly - such an inspiration!
Misss - I don't do any exercise other than walking. I used to do a lot - jogging,gym, boxercise,zuma all in a week-the weight is coming off in spite of this. I simply don't have the energy (ss plus). I feel fine - don't get me wrong - but I'm going to leave off the exercise until I'm in maintenance.
Good luck
Jx

jinx86 Sat 19-May-12 12:40:58

Hi everyone. On my first day of ss. The mint choc shake is surprisingly nice. Fingers crossed the weight starts dropping off soon. X

laura4jasmine Sat 19-May-12 13:44:52

Hello everyone....this group is really growing, welcome to all the newbies smile There are some great weight losses and it's so motivating to see it really works.

As for exercise, we're told not do to too much as you aren't taking in the calories to sustain it and could well slow down your loss (I'm on LL).

I'm hoping with AF out of the way I'll start loosing again, it's so hard eating virtually nothing and still not loosing! Busy day today, better get on but needed to see how you are all doing. Have a good weekend.

Anita1972 Sat 19-May-12 20:26:03

I feel really bad as i have been so good on ss, and i have spoilt it by eating 8 chips , will it bring me out of ketotis ??

laura4jasmine Sat 19-May-12 20:55:49

Anita I don't know if that's enough to bring you out of ketosis, but I think you need to draw a line under it and carry on as if it didn't happen. If I lapse and dwell on it I end up thinking 'oh well, I've blown it now might as well make it worthwhile!'. You've done amazing so far and you haven't undone all that so please keep going. Good luck smile

My DH is sitting eating a great big choc cookie......how could he?!?! I'm going to go to bed and be as far away from the kitchen as I can be.

cakehappy Sat 19-May-12 21:05:15

Hi! Can I join? Day 5 of SS on the CD, wish I could say different but I'm bloody starving! I weighed 15 st when I started and am being weighed in a few days. I've had a cup of low sodium bouillon this evening. Really craving savoury stuff, Ive only got the shakes! The broth is SO low calorie, 14 calories per serving, but is this cheating?

jinx86 Sat 19-May-12 22:05:45

Hi, it was my first day on ss. Struggled a bit. Ended up having 2 turkey rashers that are 51 kcals for both with 11g of protein, and 3 gurkins. Hope tomorrow I can stick with it properly. Does it get easier to those that have been on for a while? Good luck everyone. X

cakehappy Sat 19-May-12 22:48:41

I hear it does, I think in week 3 it really kicks in,and gets easier! But I have to stick to it, I can not quit another diet! There is a skinny girl inside desperate to get out! And imagine being able to wear anything you want, and not feel awful about yourself ALL the time!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now