Virtual Gastric Band Hypnosis App?!

(608 Posts)
cerealqueen Mon 30-Apr-12 23:15:28

I've just seen this in the Apple App Store - does anybody know anything about it or tried it? It seems to have good reviews but its not cheap a £7.49!

itunes.apple.com/gb/app/virtual-gastric-band-hypnosis/id504835984?mt=8

I need something to control snacking (eating DDs leftovers in particular) and my portions - which are huge. I also need inspiration to lost about a stone in 7 weeks for a wedding in June, for which I need to fit into a dress I last wore 6 years and 2 DCs ago.
Any thoughts? Shall I give it a go?

I started this four weeks ago and have lost over a stone. Love it.

somerandom Tue 17-Jun-14 22:02:14

Hi Landed - Yes I was here from pretty much the beginning. I lost 37lb over the course of 5 months and have kept it off for nearly 2 years now. This has been life changing for me and I feel a bit emotional being back on this thread. I was one of the original defectors to the FB page. I can't speak highly enough of this app & the support you can get from the FB group.

Loops10 Tue 10-Jun-14 16:05:59

Hi all,
I've just ordered the cd's after reading all your posts. Very inspiring!
Has anyone just started this recently and seen results?

Bindibach Wed 04-Jun-14 10:59:13

Thanks Landed. I have an android. Will put it in the search feed of my app store and see if I get anything. Thanks for being so helpful. smile

landedonmyfeet1 Wed 04-Jun-14 09:48:58

@Bindibach...I think that's if you go to see them at their clinic. The app is in the app store. I'm not sure but I think if I post the link here for you then my post would get removed. If you go to the app store and type in James Holmes Virtual Gastric band that should help you find it. It's a shame that I can't just give you the link that would be so much easier for you.
Hope you find it ok.

Bindibach Tue 03-Jun-14 19:28:10

When I go on the Easyloss Site it says that is about £600 (approx.) for 6 sessions?

Spookydel Tue 03-Jun-14 18:49:58

Another happy Easyloss convert here - you can't beat it - it's fantastic value for £4.99 - lets face it, that's just about the price of a starbucks coffee!

Did you know there's an excellent page on Facebook for support with the app? It's really friendly and there always seems to be someone around with the right answer! (phew!)

Anyhow, have a search on FB for Easyloss Virtual Gastric Band and you'll find it!

landedonmyfeet1 Tue 03-Jun-14 18:24:30

I started using this app over a year ago and posted a couple of times.
Can't recommend it highly enough. I tell everyone about it.

I am so pleased that I found the app as I lost nearly 4 stone, was a size 18 now a size 10 and I just have a great relationship with food now.

I'm still amazed at how I managed to do this with an app the only cost me £4.99 although I did join the facebook group that they have which is absolutely incredible and I do still go on there for a look quite often as all the people on it are so supportive and encouraging. i feel like I've gained a load of friends as well as losing loads of weight.

Even better I think, is that the people that created the app are always really good about giving their help on the facebook group and I don't think I've heard of that anywhere else.

Is there anyone still on here that was here from the beginning? I'd love to know how you're doing!

MollyManchester Tue 03-Jun-14 01:27:29

Also read about this app in the MailOnline (alongside all the other daily diets! - am often left so confused, last week it was advocating no carbs, this Monday heralded no fruit and today no dairy - at this rate we'll only be allowed to eat Dust!).
But thought this app might be worth a shot as I don't have a problem with giving up food groups or portion size - it's just that I love to eat and can easily continue even when I'm full to bust and have to undo my pants. I know I need to retrain myself.

Started on Sunday - also wanted to break the habit of gorging on Sunday in preparation for the Monday diet - although still have the 1st of the month diet mentality sad - also used the date to commence the 30 day plank mission - do or die and all that!

Found the app a little confusing as thought it would be different motivation/hypnosis each day but seeing as I often drifted off before the end I expect that reinforcement is the overall message. I'm definitely feeling a shift in mindset - especially the message that wasted food is just that - whether it's in your body or in the bin - I've never thought of it like that before, and it's impacted my portion control as I hate waste so I just cook and serve less so it's neither in the bin or me!

Haven't weighed myself (threw my scales out years ago) but saw a doctor on SKY the other day who said to make life easy - women should be 80cms around the waist and men 90cms..I'm far from both those measurements but encouraged that the tape has nudged a little.

So onwards and upwards as Toy Story Buzz always says - will keep you posted!

Bindibach Sat 31-May-14 09:32:17

I use the Paul McKenna Gastric Band CD and find that to be really effective and very relaxing.

onlyadogparent Fri 30-May-14 16:04:12

I guess I could offer a little bit of info about me. I am 28 and 3/4 ;) and I have struggled with weight loss most of my life. I recently did a very restrictive diet and lost 10 lbs but decided I couldn't take it anymore and switched to this app. I have used the app before and lost weight quickly, but didn't follow the protocol correctly and really just got wrapped up in the diet mentality (if I can lose this much eating cookies, how much can I lose not eating cookies, then I would binge). So I gained what I lose PLUS more. Right now I could stand to lose about 80-85 lbs. My boyfriend and I are planning on getting married next summer and I want to be able to go dress shopping this December. So I am hoping I can lose the amount I need to in time. I know this is a process and I need to go with it, but I still have that sneaky little thought or fear about losing "enough" to dress shop.

Anyhow, I am on day 5 and I feel great. The hypnosis part appears to be the easy bit. Consciously adhering to the guidelines is a little tough, and I notice myself getting a bit of a rebellious thought if I focus on them too much. Hopefully that will ease off a bit. Also, whatever part of the hypnosis that is working on exercising is REALLY REALLY working. I feel like I get through my workout better and I don't even remember the bits i would have normally complained about. Which is awesome.

onlyadogparent Fri 30-May-14 15:53:39

I bought the iTunes tracks for a friend as well as the app so if they are the same, I can tell you the length of the track when I get home. But I think they are roughly that long from what I have read elsewhere.

clam Fri 30-May-14 15:11:55

I did the first hypno session this morning. It was probably around half an hour long? Anyone know if they're all that long, as I'm going to need to schedule my day differently if so.

onlyadogparent Thu 29-May-14 19:27:45

I believe the free one does not come with the actual virtual gastric band fitting session. I could be wrong though.

clam Thu 29-May-14 10:41:03

There are two apps on the Apple store. One is £4.99, the other free. Why is that, and is there a hitch to the free one.
Anyone know?

Nostaw Wed 28-May-14 09:04:25

Hi everyone! I downloaded the app only yesterday after reading your comments and I've just left about a quarter of my porridge because I'm full! Usually I would have carried on eating until the bowl was COMPLETELY empty!! grin

knoxie73 Tue 27-May-14 13:02:42

Hi everyone I just wondered does this only work on a Ipad ? I have a nexus7 and don't know if it would work ? I have been reading all the posts and its amazing that you are all so supportive and its made me want to join grin

oldiebutnctoday Sun 27-Apr-14 10:57:21

I lost almost 2 stone with this last year, it's brilliant. Have had some major emotional issues recently and have regained 7lbs through emotional eating BUT I know I can and will lose the weight again when I'm ready to so I'm fine with it and I think that's the really big difference with this approach, it changes the way you think about food for good. Stick at it and you will see results - I did and still am!

Bunnykins23 Wed 23-Apr-14 18:49:59

Def take photos of your food - it's really helped tap into my mind what I'm eating everyday. I found this app after seeing an article in the Mail Online last week about the easyloss programme so thought I'd give it a go. Suddenly realised that after going to my slimming club for the last 9 months I'm probs wasting my time! I lose weight but reckon I'll have to go the rest of my life! I need a lifestyle change and after a week of using this app I can see my attitude to food changing. So much of it is in the mind I think. For me anyway. Loving this app so far...such a different approach. Cheap too. Lost 3lbs already. Reckon I'll save myself my club money too.

elaine54 Tue 08-Apr-14 19:56:32

Hi Im much older, not very good with computers, but really interested in this app. can any one tell me if I can down load it onto a blackberry curve

Ziggystarmist Thu 03-Apr-14 19:56:03

Hi everyone, just been reading all virtual gastric band feedback and am currently downloading app as all the comments on here have totally fired me up! Happy to post progress and would love it if other folk are planning on doing the same :-)

RachaelAgnes Thu 06-Feb-14 00:40:56

Week one and minus 3lb. Happy bunny grin

DigOfTheChristmasTreeStump Sat 07-Dec-13 10:02:44

I've just downloaded this and have reserved scales at Argos to assess the current state of affairs.

I suspect I am somewhere over 12 stone.

Jooles4eva Sun 08-Sep-13 17:16:50

Hi veryberrybug its gong great only my first week and ive joined their facebook page if u join the fb let me know and i will add you. Good luck

veryberrybug Sun 08-Sep-13 01:03:58

hello jooles how's it going for you?

i did session one for 6 weeks with no joy, so switched to session two (i know, not following guidelines of 2lb loss <slaps wrist>!) as i was bored of three fat toes!! then surprise magical 3lb loss in 1st week! gobsmacked as i felt i'd eaten lots of crisps/chocolate etc. more than usual that week. haven't dared weigh mysel since! on facebook there's a group & their response was that different sessions suited different individuals differently, so i'll stick with sesh 2 & see how it goes.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now