Virtual Gastric Band Hypnosis App?!

(589 Posts)
cerealqueen Mon 30-Apr-12 23:15:28

I've just seen this in the Apple App Store - does anybody know anything about it or tried it? It seems to have good reviews but its not cheap a £7.49!

itunes.apple.com/gb/app/virtual-gastric-band-hypnosis/id504835984?mt=8

I need something to control snacking (eating DDs leftovers in particular) and my portions - which are huge. I also need inspiration to lost about a stone in 7 weeks for a wedding in June, for which I need to fit into a dress I last wore 6 years and 2 DCs ago.
Any thoughts? Shall I give it a go?

elaine54 Tue 08-Apr-14 19:56:32

Hi Im much older, not very good with computers, but really interested in this app. can any one tell me if I can down load it onto a blackberry curve

Ziggystarmist Thu 03-Apr-14 19:56:03

Hi everyone, just been reading all virtual gastric band feedback and am currently downloading app as all the comments on here have totally fired me up! Happy to post progress and would love it if other folk are planning on doing the same :-)

RachaelAgnes Thu 06-Feb-14 00:40:56

Week one and minus 3lb. Happy bunny grin

DigOfTheChristmasTreeStump Sat 07-Dec-13 10:02:44

I've just downloaded this and have reserved scales at Argos to assess the current state of affairs.

I suspect I am somewhere over 12 stone.

Jooles4eva Sun 08-Sep-13 17:16:50

Hi veryberrybug its gong great only my first week and ive joined their facebook page if u join the fb let me know and i will add you. Good luck

veryberrybug Sun 08-Sep-13 01:03:58

hello jooles how's it going for you?

i did session one for 6 weeks with no joy, so switched to session two (i know, not following guidelines of 2lb loss <slaps wrist>!) as i was bored of three fat toes!! then surprise magical 3lb loss in 1st week! gobsmacked as i felt i'd eaten lots of crisps/chocolate etc. more than usual that week. haven't dared weigh mysel since! on facebook there's a group & their response was that different sessions suited different individuals differently, so i'll stick with sesh 2 & see how it goes.

Jooles4eva Thu 05-Sep-13 17:01:00

Hi Guys
Just listened to my day one of the ipad ap and im so glad i have found others in the same situation. If anyone wants extra support (texts emails) get in touch as i feel the more support we get the better.

Cant wait for day two but on nights so will listen to it when i get to bed in the morning. Good Luck all

veryberrybug Tue 23-Jul-13 11:20:20

eating slowly & only when you're really physically hungry & stopping when you're satisfied have meant even when i've not been losing iv've not been gaining either. seems to be the key to maintenance.

TheDeadlyDonkey Mon 22-Jul-13 23:06:16

I did really well with this last year, then life went pear shaped and I've put most of it back on sad

I've tried again, and find it easy for a week or so, but I can't get it to click like it did last year.
Any tips to get the magic back?

veryberrybug Mon 22-Jul-13 23:03:08

hello, i've just downloaded the lite app today & listened to the 1st one while i did the dishes. does that count? i've tried Paul McKenna's HGB but it didny work for me, though i must say i'm a lot happier following his four rules than some godawful restrictive diet. just looking for a quicker loss really. thought i'd try the lite app for free instead of paying seeing as PM didny work!

Bumpotato Mon 01-Jul-13 12:36:48

I'm starting today. I've been on 5:2 for 6 months and after an initial loss of almost a stone, I've pretty much STS for 4 months.

I have at least 3 stone to lose and I'm determined to do it.

queenstephania89 Thu 27-Jun-13 09:13:47

Message deleted by Mumsnet for breaking our Talk Guidelines. Replies may also be deleted.

linkainka Fri 14-Jun-13 20:53:06

Hi. I'm
Still trying. Was doing really well and then flopped confused just keep trying I guess x

somerandom Mon 13-May-13 19:27:00

Hi All - I've been using this app for a year now - used to post a lot but went over to the Easyloss FB group. The app has worked so well for me - I lost over 2 1/2 stone and have kept it off for 7 months. Is there anyone still around from last year? How is it going for you linkainka & Frenchtart? The FB group is a very good source of support and there's lots of motivating success stories.

I feel like I've taken a trip down memory lane ....

Frenchtart Sun 12-May-13 12:12:38

Have had the app for about a year ,but never stuck with it ,I could never find the time to listen to it on a regular basis .....and it never occurred to me to listen to it before bed ...duh!
Really,really inspired by your efforts and will retry it ,I can't face another " muffin top" summer
Would love to join the group x

HypnoticGastricBandOxford Mon 29-Apr-13 22:58:09

Message deleted by Mumsnet for breaking our Talk Guidelines. Replies may also be deleted.

linkainka Fri 12-Apr-13 08:03:06

Hi I bought the app yesterday and started listening. Hoping to lose 10 lbs xxx

Kar74 Fri 04-Jan-13 09:04:34

Hi waiting for my xls medical to arrive today, how has everyone done on them? I need to shift 2 stone by August :-/ hoping these will help as well as exercise and dieting.
Any tips gratefully received x

KnockKnockPenny Sat 06-Oct-12 10:41:30

Its finally working for me smile I am taking XLS medical too, and between the 2 I am finally losing weight smile

hypnorich Fri 05-Oct-12 22:00:09

lifesabreeze4me Thu 04-Oct-12 14:07:24

I'm loving version 2 as well, you so right about the water Beryl I am as well. smile

BerylStreep Wed 03-Oct-12 17:15:06

Well I like version 2 - I like the water bit - which reminds me, I need to drink water … smile

Bertvde Tue 02-Oct-12 15:09:05

Hi all,

Yesterday I found this website and instantly bought the app. I listened to it yesterday night for the first time and managed to stay awake.

I know this is called Mumsnet, but maybe any of your husbands/male friends might have tried this. I'm a 26 year old man, aiming to loose about 2 st. Are there any men who have tried this application? What are the results?

Thanks in advance and keep up the good work!

Hello

I've upgraded my app. Tbh I find it more irritating as you have to choose the day you're on to get your hypnosis session and it takes longer to get there. There are two sessions each day now, in addition to the existing one, there's a nighttime one, I'm not sure what the difference is as I usually sleep through both.

There also tips every day which are tips from the 100 tips book. There are three videos, i've only seen two. It's the hypnotist giving some encouragement and repetition of the tips.

So there is a lot there and perhaps some people need all the extra repetition but I was happy with it before. I would like to know a bit more about how it works and the differences between the stages. I have lost 6lb in two weeks through using the app and just cutting down. I'm wondering if I need / want to go to stage three as I'm doing so well now.

Sizzles people aren't visiting this thread much now so I've been hanging out virtually on the no excuses thread, if you would like to join us it's full of lovely supportive people.

Sizzlesaz Mon 01-Oct-12 11:31:27

Hiya guys,
Hope I can join in on here. I just found this app this morning and am going to listen to it soon, hopefully I'll manage to stay awake. I have around 2 stone to lose and am hoping to see as good a results as some of you on here have had smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now