BIWI's Bootcamp - Week 3 Weigh In - New Starters Welcome!

(414 Posts)
BIWIWhoMustBeObeyed Sun 29-Apr-12 17:52:47

So our two weeks of Bootcamp seem to have gone well, with some spectacular losses. Between us I think we have lost enough to make 3 or 4 new MNetters!

It's up to you now how you want to proceed. If you have a lot of weight to lose, or you like the strictness of it, you can carry on with Bootcamp. New joiners should start with Bootcamp anyway.

If you are nearly at your target, or you were finding Bootcamp a bit too restrictive, then you can move to Bootcamp Light - or you could do a hybrid of the two, which is what I am doing - Bootcamp Monday to Thursday and Bootcamp Light Friday to Sunday (which means that you can include alcohol at the weekend!)

As a reminder, or for those who are new, these are the Bootcamp rules:

1.Eat three, proper meals a day
You must eat breakfast. It doesn’t have to be a lot, but you must have something. For the rest of the day, if you’re eating enough food and you are in ketosis then you shouldn’t be hungry. But if you are hungry, eat something. (Hard boiled eggs make a great snack)

2.Avoid processed food, and focus on pure, natural protein as the basis for your meals – meat/fish/eggs.
Things like sausages, ham, bacon, pre-prepared burgers etc should be avoided as much as possible. Avoid foods marketed as low carb, e.g. Atkins Daybreak bars.

3.Maximise your fat intake.
Fry in butter, add butter to vegetables, eat salad with a home-made vinaigrette dressing (not made with balsamic vinegar though), add mayonnaise where you can (just check the carb count on your mayo first). Eat fattier cuts of meat – e.g. pork belly, roast chicken with the skin on and/or eat the fat off your lamb chops. Absolutely no low fat/light foods of any kind!

4.Make sure you are eating vegetables and salads with your food – this is where your carbs should come from.
But choose only those vegetables that are on the allowed list (see below). You don’t have to weigh/count carbs – this is one of the great joys of this WOE (way of eating), but if you’re new to low carbing it can be helpful to weigh your portions of veg in the early days, just so that you know how many carbs are in the sort of portions that you like to eat

5.Minimal dairy (apart from butter, which is unlimited).
If you are still drinking tea/coffee with milk or cream, try to restrict yourself to max 2 cups per day. You may eat cheese, but only in small amounts.

6.You must drink a minimum of 2 litres of water per day.
The more weight you have to lose, the more water you should drink

7.No alcohol

8.No fruit

9.No nuts/seeds

10.No sugar or artificial sweeteners

And this is the allowed list of veg:

Don’t eat any veg unless it’s on this list, and try and focus on eating those that are under 3g carbs per 100g:

Veg (raw)Carbs per 100g
Mushrooms0.4
Watercress0.4
Spinach0.8
Celery0.9
Broccoli1.1
Asparagus 1.4
Cucumber1.5
Lettuce1.7
Fennel1.8
Courgettes1.8
Cauliflower1.9
Avocado flesh1.9
Turnip2
Pumpkin2.2
Runner beans2.3
Swede2.3
Celeriac2.3
Bean sprouts2.5
Carrots2.5
Green pepper2.6
Baby sweetcorn2.7
Aubergine2.8
Leeks2.9
Okra3
Tomato3.1
Mangetout3.3
Shallots3.3
Brussels sprouts3.5
French beans4.7
Cabbage5
Yellow pepper5.3
Carrots6
Orange or red pepper6.4
Ginger (peeled)7.2
Butternut squash7.5
Onions7.9

Hepsibaaah Mon 07-May-12 12:16:29

Hello all,

My weight has been all over the place this week, went from 135 to 136.4 on thursday, wobbled an awful lot in between then four days later down to 133.8 (HOW??). I'm not sure jumping on the scales every day has been good for my morale.

So - this am, despite a big family meal I'm going to average it out and say I've lost 1lb this week.
Four pounds off my target weight, trudging - very slowly - on.

smokinaces Mon 07-May-12 12:20:55

Hard boiled eggs sound good. The rest is a bit too fancy and fiddly for me tbh as I have to lug it around all morning. To be honest I don't eat much at lunch so with the eggs it should be bang on.

Just need to work out how to carry all the water I drink now!!

BIWItheBold Mon 07-May-12 12:26:43

Hepsibaah - daily weighing can be difficult, psychologically. However, it is worth doing, if only for a short period, as it does demonstrate how your body/your weight fluctuates quite naturally.

There are four options for weighing:

- weigh once a week only
- weigh every day, and take an average for the week
- weigh every day, and take the lowest reading in that week
- weigh every day, but take the weight that you record each weighing-in day, which will be once a week

Up to you which works best/you feel most comfortable with

Hepsibaaah Mon 07-May-12 12:42:12

thanks BIWI smile

HowAnnoying Mon 07-May-12 12:44:15

Thank's BIWI, I will cut out the tomatoes tomorrow, for lunch I'm having tuna, lettuce, cucumber, olives and mayonaise. Although not for a while as I am still feeling full from breakfast!

GreenEyesAndHam Mon 07-May-12 12:53:02

Down to 9st 2lb, so 11lbs off in the three weeks.

Been wearing a pair of size 10 jeans this weekend (admittedly a generous pair, some other size 10 stuff is still beyond me!) and feeling vair trim I must say.

Well done everyone!

Well, fell off the wagon big time yesterday! Had a night out last night, so feeling rough today. I will be back on it tomorrow. I actually think it helped, as I didn't feel good after eating, felt too full after half of my food.

Weight for the week is 9st 13 1/4, I have had that reading for 3 days now so I consider myself well and truly in the 9s! Woohoo!

HalfSpamHalfBrisket Mon 07-May-12 17:38:20

Whoop! Got on the scales this morning, and am 10.10.6. My start weight was 11.3 last Monday so I am v happy. Only 10lbs to go. Mr Spam has also been bootcamping and has lost a whole stone.

HalfSpamHalfBrisket Mon 07-May-12 17:40:47

Ignore that please - odd tablet pc just reposted this mornings post......

BIWItheBold Mon 07-May-12 19:02:36

Not that you're pleased or anything, HalfSpam!

ANTagony Mon 07-May-12 20:22:48

Busy out and about weekend. Had a night out Friday and managed to mix drinks and had a horendous hangover Saturday - I've almost never had a hangover so this was a new experience. I really craved a buttered loaf of toast. Got through that and I'm very proud that DH and I sat happily at a burger van with the DC whilst they tucked into giant hotdogs and didn't feel hungry or a particularly strong desire to buy ones for ourselves. We've brought 8 more chickens from the bird auction today to up our eggs as we've renewed our love for them.

Are we weighing in?

If so I'm 15st 5 today and DH is 16st 5 so both going in the right direction for three weeks, which is fantastic.

I'm very glad for the thread and being kept on track thank you 'she who must be obeyed', BIWI.

MNP Mon 07-May-12 23:05:16

Marabou yes extreme tiredness even after 12 hrs sleep, inability to loose weight, feeling blah all the time, seems more of them are due to the fibromyalgia and the endo and PCOS than the thyroid. Ho hum.

Weight : sts at 217.

Hiya Im thinking of joining you ive been low carbing this week and lost 7lbs already but want too lose more and this looks good how long does it take you to get into ketosis?

starting weight 12st 5lbs

BIWItheBold Sat 12-May-12 13:28:38

Theeverexpandingrodders - come and join us on the week 4 threads - and welcome, by the way!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now