BIWI's Bootcamp - Week 2 - Come and chat here

(838 Posts)
BIWIWhoMustBeObeyed Mon 23-Apr-12 08:14:00

So we have survived week one, more or less intact grin

There has been a lot of cheating along the way - either intentional or accidental - but most people seem to be getting on with it and embracing low carbing. And we have seen some spectacular results already!

As one of the cheaters, I can tell you what you will already have discovered for yourself:

This way of eating (WOE) is an unforgiving one. If you slip up or cheat, it will show up on the scales

I know it's hard. I drank wine on both Friday and Saturday night. But it really is up to you how strict you choose to be - and therefore hopefully you will understand that it is up to you how much weight you are losing.

I realise this sounds patronising. But it's the ultimate truth of this (or any) diet.

Having said all that, I also know that there are some people who are struggling, and for whom weight loss has been very slow.

Just remember, if you have less weight to lose, then your rate of loss will be slower than those who have more to lose. And any loss, even if it's only a pound or so, is still a loss. Visualisation is always helpful for me if I think I've only lost a pound this week. Remember, a pound loss is like two packets of lard! That's a lot of fat.

And if weight loss is slow, or you're not seeing the scales move, have a long look at what you have been eating and drinking, and be really honest with yourself. Have you been following the rules? Have you been allowing carby things into your diet? Have you being drinking enough water? Try keeping a food diary so you can record everything (and I mean everything) that you're eating and drinking, as this can help you identify what might be affecting your progress.

If you still can't work out why it's happening (or not happening!), post what you've been eating and drinking here, and others might be able to help and advise you.

Anyway. Lecture over! Welcome to Week 2. Hopefully you will all see significant loss this week as well. But those of you who have lost loads in week 1 - don't expect to see the same kind of loss in this week - it's inevitable that it will slow down. Remember that sustainable, long term weight loss is around 1-2lbs per week.

And those of you who are struggling, hopefully another strict week will get things going for you! And I also hope that everyone has got through their carb withdrawals by now, and you are all feeling fantastic!

Onwards and downwards ... grin

pharmgirl Tue 24-Apr-12 09:33:42

I thought around 20g was what to aim for?

BIWIWhoMustBeObeyed Tue 24-Apr-12 09:34:50

Only if you're doing Atkins induction.

On Bootcamp, the only stipulation is that you eat only veg from the allowed list, and that you focus on eating veg/salad that are 3g carbs per 100g or less.

Have you seen the 'rules' and the allowed veg list?

BIWIWhoMustBeObeyed Tue 24-Apr-12 09:35:46

Jax - stay away from the scales, unless it's

- first thing in the morning
- you haven't eaten anything
- you are stark naked
- you have been to the loo

grin

Dont eat bread - if you have to have something 'sandwich like' then Ryvita crispbread are 3.6g per slice.

these

I know biwi I know... btw - did you get accepted to go on the waitrose cooking thingy?

BIWIWhoMustBeObeyed Tue 24-Apr-12 09:39:11

No! <sobs>
sad
I am gutted.

KnottyLocks Tue 24-Apr-12 09:39:57

Morning smile

I will lgrinet you (and the rest of MN) know how it goes. Equal measures of kacking myself and excited.

teaandthorazine Tue 24-Apr-12 09:40:18

Hi pharmgirl, and welcome. You should be getting your carbs mainly from fibrous veg (have a look at the allowed veg list, it's pretty extensive).

Bread is a no-no, it's just waaaaay too carby. You could try Jax's suggestion, or Nairn's cheesy oatcakes (3.6g carbs per oatcake iirc) or the dreaded oopsie rolls if you really need something 'bready'.

ilovemyteddy Tue 24-Apr-12 09:44:42

<Holds hands in solidarity with Shirley>

Me too - not a bleeding ounce off my weight sad

I'm not doing anything like the exercise you're doing, but I walk on average 8 miles a day doing my job and I'm Wii-fitting for two half-hour sessions too.

Are we downhearted... wink

flipflopflap Tue 24-Apr-12 09:52:15

The perils of not drinking enough water, I knew yesterday I hadn't drunk enough, and have woken up this morning with a stonking headache and feeling like crap. At least I'll be making sure I drink it all in future.

Don't feel like eating at all this morning so I'm having a veggie sausage dipped in mayo. Fingers crossed I'll feel a bit better afterwards.

ShirtyKnot Tue 24-Apr-12 09:53:28

Oh! Teddy. Do you think that bug might have actually...broken us?

Right, listen, as you and I are the non-losers (does that make us winners? [grin) shall we make a pact not to step on the scales again until Friday?

My clothes aren't feeling any looser or ANYTHING! It's literally as if I'm just eating and drinking "normally" and sitting on my fat arse watching TV. Have you got looser clothes,Ted?

There is one difference, and that's that my horrible fat gut looks fucking BIGGER. shock

And that's swearing.

BettyBathroom Tue 24-Apr-12 09:59:55

Lost another 100g - yes that's grams - don't you love digital scales! Went out for a run this morning - it was blowing a gale and bloody freezing so I kept it short.

Feel for the non-losers, I've had weeks where I've lost nothing followed by a huge loss - I hope it's the same for you guys.

BIWIWhoMustBeObeyed Tue 24-Apr-12 10:01:44

For EnjoyResponsibly

Stuff you can take to work, where you have no kitchen:

Hard-boiled eggs
Egg mayonnaise (even nicer with some crispy bacon crumbled into it)
Smoked salmon - Sainsbury's do little packs of this
Tuna mayonnaise - take some little gem/iceberg lettuce leaves to wrap around the tuna for some extra crunch/taste
Cold sausages (low carb ones, obviously!)
Celery sticks with pate
Cold roasted chicken pieces

Just a few starters for ten

ilovemyteddy Tue 24-Apr-12 10:02:12

Okay, no weighing until Friday grin

My clothes are looser, but my horrible fat gut looks the same. I'd rather not lose any weight than have that bug back, though. It felt like food poisoning that just went on and on...

ohforfoxsake Tue 24-Apr-12 10:03:05

WE CAN EAT CHEESY OATCAKES?????!!

I'm having kippers for breakfast. Kippers FFS.
Omlette for lunch. Chilli made with turkey mince and no kidney beans for dinner. No dairy for me as yesterday's salad binge saw my weight stay the same for the third day in a row.

BIWIWhoMustBeObeyed Tue 24-Apr-12 10:06:24

ohforfoxsake - and you will, of course, <passive aggressive smile> be eating plenty of low carb veg/salad with that, won't you?

ShirtyKnot Tue 24-Apr-12 10:08:05

BEWARE THE KIPPERS offs. Beware!

teddy - God, yeah it was nasty. When I got to the point of not being able to get out of bed and just sicking bile into a mixing bowl next to my bed I thought "Take me now, Jesus"

Thatnks Betty - I really hope Teddy and I get on the scales on Friday and have lost..<thinks>...A STONE! grin wink

BIWIWhoMustBeObeyed Tue 24-Apr-12 10:09:25

grin

Nothing like setting yourself up for disappointment, Shirl!!!

Goodness, you were horribly ill, weren't you?

<disinfects thread, just in case>

ohforfoxsake Tue 24-Apr-12 10:10:37

Whats wrong with The Kippers?<panic>

Yes ma'am <salutes BIWI> of course ma'am.

ilovemyteddy Tue 24-Apr-12 10:11:40

"Take me now Jesus" grin grin grin grin

MrsNouveauRichards Tue 24-Apr-12 10:16:26

There have been some really nasty bugs around. We had one 24hr bug that still hurt every time we eat for about 2 weeks. God knows what it does to your insides confused

No one has answered me truthfully about the damn celeriac! Is it like parsnips and swede?

Been to the market and got a huge amount of veg, eggs and some posh bacon. Really looking forward to lunch!

vnmum Tue 24-Apr-12 10:19:22

for fucks sake, I have gained 2lbs overnight! How?! I have cut out my dairy (thinking there was no point in doing that now since I have now gained) Went to the gym yesterday for weights and a run. pooed twice yesterday (tmi i know) but still feel like a need another but it's not happening despite taking psyllium husk 3 times a day.

Yesterday I drank 4.5 litres of water, no hot drinks.
breakfast - 2 scrambled eggs (no cream) cooked in butter with 2 slices ham
lunch - Salad with roast chicken, 2 slices ham, avocado and mayo (7g carbs tops)
Tea - no bbq as DH late home from course so had 2 flat mushrooms fried in butter with 3 rashers middle bacon fried in oil till crispy and 2 fried eggs.

No snacks, no dairy.

I just can't understand what is going on. I am on antibiotics (started friday) but surely they wouldn't cause me to gain. I also think I have just ovulated (tmi again) but I don't usually retain water at this point in my cycle.

I am just getting really pissed off and the carby stodge is definately calling to comfort me. DH keeps telling me to have a carb refeed to kick start the loss again but I'm not convinced that will work. I know they do it in bodybuilding circles but I'm not a bodybuilder nor working out hard like that.

Might have to pay a visit to the chemist for some sticks to check i'm still in ketosis, althoigh if it shows i'm not it will probably piss me off even more.

I really don't get why I am gaining sad

KnottyLocks Tue 24-Apr-12 10:19:34

Celeriac tastes more like celery to me. I'm not a big swede fan but love celeriac.

vnmum Tue 24-Apr-12 10:20:52

I haven't eaten yet this morning so don't know what to have. will probably settle for scrambled egg or a mushroom and chorizo omelette

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now