Paul McKenna would be so proud of us on THREAD 9...No Pain, NO PAIN!! The Non Diet for those who really want to lose weight. No calories, no syns, no humiliation, just shedding stones amongst friends.

(984 Posts)
Solo Wed 18-Apr-12 12:04:17

The Golden Rules that will aid you on your journey with our like minded support system:

1. Eat what you WANT
2. Eat when you are HUNGRY
3. Eat CONSCIOUSLY
4. STOP eating when you are satisfied and full

This weight loss system is about re-educating your body; learning to listen to it and in doing so losing weight and inches. So forget diets; they may work for a while, but they aren't permanent solutions. This is a new way of living for your brand new life!!

The Paul McKenna system works and is easy to maintain.

I've C&P'd our previous threads links as they are helpful.

Here are the book choices on AMAZON which is all you need to get started! they aren't compulsory, but they do help! it's something to refer to and listening to the cd's can really focus you.

This is the tapping technique EXPLAINED - this can be useful to combat cravings.

Please feel free to join us, whether it's 10lbs or 10 stones you want to lose.
We are friendly, supportive and successful, but we're not hungry OH NO we're not!!! so come on in and start living your new life today!

Alibabaandthe40nappies Fri 04-May-12 20:49:12

Kinky you poor love ((((hugs)))) Good news on the slugs! grin

tokengirl - I can feel I'm building up to some spending on new clothes. I bought a couple of things in Laura Ashley of all places today, they have a massive sale on, plus 30% off everything including new season. I bought a dress and a top - the dress is a size 14!!
I used to do that with meals too, give DH and I the same amount. WTF was I thinking? He is 6', I am 5'2"...

Rosylee1976 Fri 04-May-12 21:25:42

Evening smile

Did really well today. Had lunch with a friend and managed to eat slowly and though I had three bites or so more than I needed, I did manage to leave a bit on the plate. So all in all a success. Had a late visit and was really hungry but restrained myself to one biscuit at the visit. Came home and ate the left over butternut curry, with a small piece (about half) of a pork chop. Weird combination I know, but did not want to waste the food. The point is, there are about 1,5 chops left and I chose not to eat them. I am usually a carnivore and I would never usually leave the meat/chicken/pork left over. Now it might have something to do that my husband over cooked them yet AGAIN, but I believe that its more than that. Strangely, I also have no real desire to weight myself. I am back at the obesity dietician on Tuesday. Wanna bet that she recommends that I eat only healthy foods?! I plan on weighing on their fancy obesity scales as I was only there two weeks ago. It will be interesting to see if I have lost any weight since then and it will prove my point.

I do want to ask you all though - I know you eat what you want on PMK but do you make healthier choices like cooking with fry light as opposed to oil, avoiding sugar, butter / spread , removing the skin and visible fat from chicken / pork etc? If you do, is that because you are trying to reduce fat intake or because you generally prefer to do that anyway and it has nothing to do with Paul?

JustFab Fri 04-May-12 22:02:39

I am doing crap.

I can't do it.

tb Fri 04-May-12 22:20:40

Kinky you poor thing. Hugs. My gp has told me in the past that I was too stressed to diet and that it would be 'foutu' - accompanied by elbow-bending fist clenched gesture. Not terribly refined my gp - probably doesn't eat naice ham.

I would try and eat a little from all the food groups - include a multi-vitamin if really frazzled. Note: the major food groups include chocolate.

Rosy well done.

I've kept going pale and wambly all day, so spent a lot of the afternoon eating - in my defence I got some horse pills for sinusitis this morning. We went out this evening, as dd suggested it, and she hasn't agreed to eat out with us for ages. About a month ago we got to the restaurant, her choice, about 60km away, and she refused point-blank to go in. Grrrrr. So we did a u-turn.

I had, glass of muscat, foie gras on toast, veal in a sauce with sauce and not too many chips, red wine, and a chocolate fondant that didn't seem to have much choc in - it didn't run out when you dug in, about a little bigger than a mini-muffin. However, I finished my main course after dh finished his, which is virtually unknown. Still let-down about the fondant, as you would.

Have just looked on Amazon tracking, and my discs are at Clermont, so with any luck I should have them tomorrow.

arfur Fri 04-May-12 22:42:35

Hi everybody. Just dropping in to say I havent done a runner again. Having a not splendid week due to AF and today is a year since my dear dear daddy died sad. But because Im a paulette I made the decision that I was going to allow myself to be miserable if I felt like it and eat what I wanted regardless of whether I was hungry or not and not beat myself up about it at all, and when I feel better I will just go back to pauling again. Which is what I have done and actually I have surprised myself and not eaten as much as 'old me' would have done despite me stocking the cupboards and fridge with tons of crap. I have also been persevering with the running (couch to 5k) and I am proud to say I ran 25 minutes today non-stop grin. I actually am feeling pretty good wine perhaps and I genuinely think that because I am not beating myself up about the comfort eating I will be back to normal sooner if that makes sense. Old me would have been in viscious cycle for weeks days of feeling sad, eating, feeling bad about eating too much, feeling bad etc etc. Anyway rambling on a bit but upshot of all this is somehow, oddly, Ive managed to drop another pound this week confused. Love and hugs to all especially kinky xx

ppeatfruit Sat 05-May-12 09:17:57

Morning everyone!! smile thetokengirl and Rosylee Congrats! ref. healthy eating I've been doing it for a long time much longer than pauletting. But I would never use low fat stuff I use olive oil instead of butter for EVERYTHING but I DO remove the fat from the occasional meat I eat 'cos I hate the bags under my eyes that it gives me.

Also fairly recently I've stopped eating wheat 'cos i've read a book called Wheat Belly by William Davis which is frightening about the side effects of it (it's like crack in its addictiveness does anyone else find that?)

Its great to from you Kinks We're happy to hear from you smile and arfur!! sounds like you're doing well! thanks for the love and hugs grin same to you grin

MardyBra Sat 05-May-12 09:26:40

So sad to hear things are tough for you kinky and arfur.
<initiates Pauling group hug >

ppeatfruit Sat 05-May-12 09:33:55

justfab It doesn't matter BE KIND TO YOURSELF!! It's okay to go 'off' (see arfur) and come back on again it doesn't make you a failure we've all done it smile.

tb I even got confused about who yr ex. was i thought you meant friend not father (of course you meant father!!grin . In restaurants I have steeled myself either to have a starter and main or main and dessert I just cannot eat 3 courses even if they're included. It's good that a lot of French rests are doing ONE plat (esp. for lunch) now much better for me!grin.

GossipWitch Sat 05-May-12 10:59:14

hi all smile big hugs to kinky and arfur

well yesterday, I had a big breakfast and ate a few mouthfuls over full, felt quite bad about leaving so much though and then lunchtime I had a few biscuits, just because I was only a little bit peckish, but then the dp (who is a very bad influence) wanted to have a chinese for dinner, I didn't put so much on my plate but I did eat it all. Back on the wagon today, hopefully smile

JustFab Sat 05-May-12 15:02:09

I listened to the CD last night but tbh I counted down too 170 and was asleep. I woke up and was going to walk to the supermarket but it was chucking it down and then DH woke up but I am going to try and do some exercise.

ppeatfruit Sat 05-May-12 17:02:55

JustfabThe sleeping to the CD is meant to happen IMO; I always put it on if i need a refreshing nap in the day and it works! smile the message still goes into yr subconscious.

Gossip you can always save the leftovers for later in the fridge when i don't want to leave food i say that to myself "It's not going anywhere"Or get a 'doggie' bag in restaurants!

JustFab Sat 05-May-12 17:13:49

We had lunch out and while I ate more than normal for lunch I didn't finish it all like I would have done previously. I hate waste and would eat for the sake of it. I have also started leaving a bit each meal when I remember. If I could learn to just eat when hungry I would do much better!

tb Sat 05-May-12 18:28:04

My book arrived today. Think I've listened to the cd 3 times - but can't be sure, as I fell asleep.

Have eaten - Jam omelette - weird but I've been fancying one for days. Savoury ones always strike me as too 'eggy' half way through, but the sweet ones don't, so had one with a little strawberry jam.

Lunchtime - after I'd already listened to the cd once - some crudités, and then some spag bol, but with a piece of bagette as I didn't fancy spaghetti

Snack - some crisps that dh brought in and put between us - ate them a little mindlessly, and they didn't really hit the spot - mind you they were thyme and chicken flavour - but UK roast chicken ones would have been better.

I've read about half the book - but found myself skimming the pages about looking in the mirror, didn't think that was really a good sign, but otoh, was up all night, so maybe it was tiredness. Think that I'm going to find the positive exercises really quite hard to do. We'll see.

Has anyone bought the full dvd set? Seems rather dear, and you don't get the opportunity to buy the 5 you haven't got, just the full set.

ppeatfruit Sun 06-May-12 11:01:42

Morning all! smile*Justfab*it takes time to feel the hunger and respect it but I'm glad you're still sticking with it grin

tb Do you mean DVD or CD set? I didn't know there was a DVD set! Those who won tickets to the P.M. seminar got a CD set free and I only listen to one of those so I wouldn't BUY the set; maybe you could get it cheap on ebay or 2nd hand on Amazon.

JustFab Sun 06-May-12 11:04:41

Just done an hours walk to get fruit. Knackered. And wet.
Listened to CD last night again. I have a DVD too but haven't watched it yet.
AF is late.

GossipWitch Sun 06-May-12 11:54:13

I still haven't got the cd but I have read the book, and occasionally flick through to certain parts now and then when I have 5 mins, didn't do too bad yesterday, biscuits for breakfast, and chips for late lunch and I wasn't hungry after that I think I may have had a couple of mindless biscuits but cant have had too many as the pack still has some in. Today I've had a slice of chocolate spread on toast, my diet is shocking :O

GossipWitch Sun 06-May-12 12:01:44

oh and also I swear I look a bit thinner.......

notsurewhyohwhy Sun 06-May-12 12:30:03

Does the tapping technique work for anyone? I havnt tried it but need to stop my cravings hmm

ppeatfruit Sun 06-May-12 14:17:58

Yes notsure it's fab! I use it for cravings AND getting off to sleep if for some reason I'm not straight off (which i generally am thank goodness).

good news about looking slimmer gossip but are you sure you're chewing slowly though? i couldn't eat that shxt badly if i was REALLy tasting the food!! grin

Alibabaandthe40nappies Sun 06-May-12 17:37:54

I have been out for a boozy lunch with one of my best chums, I'm on the train home. Very full, a bit pissed. Lovely grin

One slice of toast this am, and I cannot see myself eating anything else today. I ate so slowly in comparison with my friend, it took me ages to eat my meal!
She asked if I had lost more weight since she saw me, and I have but only a couple of pounds but perhaps I have toned up.

tb Sun 06-May-12 19:12:28

ppeat - I bought the book with the cd included, and there is also a 'free dvd' that is the first of a set of 6. If you look on his website, the set of 6 are available for £49.95, but there is a discount code in the front that brings it down to £24.95. It's on ebay at about the same price.

Weird, last night I listened to the cd, zonked out, and then woke up hearing "3,2,1". Was quite put out, and took ages to get back to sleep.

Managed to eat fairly slowly today, despite a fair amount of aggravation from dd. It's the last day of her school holidays - the 'spring' ones, and she has big exams in about 7 weeks. Thank goodness she's a weekly boarder, but, she'll be home for a cmpp - camhs type appt on weds afternoon.

GossipWitch Sun 06-May-12 19:43:57

I think I may have to slow it down a bit more and listen to my stomach, does the cd help with choosing better things to eat? its just what I fancy at the time tbh, however I could really munch on a carrot right now, stodgy is taking its toll I think. But on the plus side, today we had a maccyd's and instead of the usual large big mac meal, chocolate milkshake, double cheeseburger and apple pie I normally have, I only had a double cheeseburger and medium fries and couldn't eat all the fries smile.

Em2905 Sun 06-May-12 21:44:14

Hi everyone, I hope you’re all well?!
This weekend I feel like I’ve completely lost my way, feeling like rock bottom at the moment. I spent the morning trying to find something to wear for my up and coming 30th birthday. I’ve tried on every dress I could find, with no look. I just looked horrible and fat in everything. I then went and stuffed my face with to my thought, everything.
I’ve just got so much weight to lose, and all I can think is that I’ll fail, like I always do. I just can’t trust myself.
I’m hoping this is just because I feel so stuffed and stupid right now. angry
I’m sorry to have come to moan, I hope I can snap out of it!!!???!!!???!!!
Xx

Alibabaandthe40nappies Sun 06-May-12 23:40:48

Oh Em sad You can do it, and you will, when the time is right for you. I find listening to the CD really helps me to deal with all those negative kind of thoughts and helps me to be more positive.

When is your birthday, and what shops do you like, what size are you? Can we help you find something fab to wear?

Gossip - well done on small maccy d's eating grin

tb - that happens to me sometimes, annoying!

ppeatfruit Mon 07-May-12 08:57:53

Happy spring holiday Monday everyone!!smile You know Em as Ali says that it'll happen when you get back in the ZONE grin

Tell you what gossip If you read Wheat Belly by William Davis (we got it from amazon) you wouldn't touch wheat again if you were paid to grin.

The toll of health problems that are removed when you remove it from yr diet are -; M.E. Coeliac, Diabetes, IBS, Manic Depression, Exhaustion, Alzhiemers, etc. I know it's hard to believe; It's due to the new type of 'fiddled about with' wheat that was done in the early 1980s before genetic engineering became popular which were not tested.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now