New Mum seeking new body by Christmas!

(1000 Posts)
CoraBear Mon 24-Oct-11 12:18:43

My baby boy is 6 months old and I am quite overweight. Ok, I'm alot overweight (takes deep breath) I'm 15 stone. At 5 ft 7 this is waaay to much. I am sitting here in the one pair of trousers that fit me and my DP's tee shirt because none of my tops fit properly. Basically my stomach looks like a deflated paddling pool and my thighs are so big that I'm fairly sure that if I sit down too much longer they will burst open.

After I had the baby I took the very grown up approach to weight loss and I hoped that if I ignored the problem it would go away and somehow I would have a body like posh spice-because all new mothers lose all the weight instantly don't they? Turns out they don't, and surviving on mini aero's didn't help. I weigh more now than when I gave birth.

I have a serious lack of motivation but I decided to see if I could lose some pounds before Christmas, as I'll be seeing people I haven't seen since I was pregnant and want to look casually fabulous. So are any of you interested in holding my hand, kicking my arse and generally helping each other to stay on track? I really want to do this but I know if I'm not answerable to others my resolve will slip.

I have my first weight watchers meeting tomorrow, which I'm dreading as it will mean that the leader will weigh me and know what a tubby fecker I am. So, if any of you weight watcher followers or followers of other plans would like to come and join me and share stories of jogging up and down while eating maltesers so the points are being eaten and burned off simultaneously or just have a rant about how unfair the world is when you're hungry, you are welcome.

Right, I'm off to remove all the biscuits, chocolate and sweets from my house before tomorrow. That's right, when I say "remove" I do of course mean "eat them".

CoraBear Fri 31-May-13 15:04:20

Hi all,

glad to hear you're all well.

So, I have news. I'm pregnant. And sick as a dog. So the body I will have for this Christmas will be very similar to Santa's as I'm due at the very beginning of January. I've nearly lost a stone due to being so sick, so kind of a silver lining to that cloud. I've known since really early on that I was pregnant because I was so ill, but got negative test results because I was testing too early.

SayHello you sound like you're in a really happy place, that's so good to hear. It must make all of your hard work worth it to be happy when you look at photo's.

Choos I can only imagine how tired you are. Only 6 weeks and you'll be back to normal. I wouldn't worry about LittleChoos, if he's anything like my son he probably can't believe his luck that he's getting to watch so much telly!

CoraBear Fri 31-May-13 15:10:02

Oh and by the way: Jessica Simpson has ruined pregnancy for everyone.

I have decided.

I'm far more concerned about not putting on too much weight with this pregnancy than my first, because I don't want to "do a Jessica" and end up weighing a ton. (Seriously have you seen photo's of her in both of her pregnancies. Eek!)

It's narked me right off because when I finally find something I can tolerate eating I always worry about the calorie content because everyone comments on how "big" pregnant women are nowadays.

Yeah, so that's my rant.

It's all your fault Jessica Simpson.

NewChoos Fri 31-May-13 16:34:48

Ahhh I am so excited for you! Many many congrats - so sorry you are feeling so ill though. How many weeks does this make you? Absolutely thrilled for you.

SayHello - we seem to be having a baby boom...!

Know exactly what you mean re Jessica S but also, the really get skinny quick ones drive me a bit mad too!

LittleChoos has a play date today - but was not on his best behaviour, embarrassed mummy face..

NewChoos Fri 31-May-13 16:36:30

I have just looked down and noticed I seem have water logged knees - lovely!

SayHelloToMyLittleFriend Fri 31-May-13 19:17:27

Aww huge congrats Cora, that's such lovely news!! You both have to promise to stay and chat though and let me know how you're getting on. Maybe we should just have a general chat thread instead of weight loss now?

CoraBear Sat 01-Jun-13 15:24:29

Thanks ladies!!!

I think the weight loss aspect of this thread is lost on me. Lost another pound in the last 24 hours so I'm still heading in the right direction. I'm 9 weeks pregnant, so still an age to go. The blinding tiredness is still hanging around, I am now having 2 naps a day on top of my 12 hours sleep. I will be on here having random rants and having a moan for ages to come.

What was Little Choos up to Choos? Don't be embarrassed, he's a toddler. If he's not doing something he's not supposed to be doing then he's not doing the toddler thing properly. My son is obsessed with the fact that girls don't have willies and keeps telling random women they don't have one. So mortifying.

SayHelloToMyLittleFriend Wed 12-Jun-13 17:56:16

Hope you've both been doing well this week and not feeling too tired / sick. It feels like so long ago I was expecting my second (she's 20 months already) but I remember the tiredness of being pregnant and running around after a little person so hope you're both able to take it easy sometimes.

I've not been very well the past few weeks, I had to go to hospital for some tests and I have pneumonia (or had, I've finished my antibiotics and feel loads better but still very sore / tired). I seem to get ill a lot now, I think I need to eat better and take some vitamins.

Love that your son has been telling random women about willies cora, how funny. My daughter used to say men had tails :P

CoraBear Sat 15-Jun-13 11:10:57

You poor thing SayHello, are you feeling ok now? I think a decent multi-vit should help but you really need to take it easy. Have you someone to help you with the kids? You must be absolutely exhausted. How did you catch pneumonia, if you don't mind me asking? I always thought that you could only catch it in Winter. Mind you, the weather has been spectacularly crap.

I had 4 days glorious break of feeling human and not being ill, but alas, that time has passed and I'm in the horrors again. Poor Dh has been doing absolutely everything the last few weeks, I feel like a crap wife and Mother. Soup and ice pops are making up the majority of my diet, with small bits of pasta sometimes. I have a little bump though, so I keep telling the baby I'll buy it whatever it wants when it comes out if it stops making me sick. Never too young for bribery!

Just as an aside, can anyone tell me how to name change. I have a feeling my boss is looking to spot me on this site so I want to change before she finds me.

SayHelloToMyLittleFriend Sat 15-Jun-13 22:22:28

I'm feeling loads better now thanks Cora. My partner took some time off work to look after the girls because I was so sore and tired, I just slept all the time. It just started off as a cough, it went on for weeks but because I wasn't feeling unwell with it I never went to the doctors. They said I had an inflamed lung and the viral infection caused a bacterial infection. I ended up with so much pain in my back and ribs and that was why I went to the doctors to begin with and they sent me to hospital. It probably sounds stupid but I thought pneumonia was something only old people got so I wasn't expecting that!!

Please don't feel like a crap wife / mum because you're really not. Pregnancy can be tough and it's def not easy having morning sickness, work and a young child to look after. Let your dh help out as much as he can and don't feel guilty about it.

As for name changing I'm not too sure but if you look on the top, right hand side it has a "My Mumsnet" bit and you can go in to "my account" you may be able to name change there? That's a bit weird if your boss is looking for you though, start writing weird things about her and you'll soon find out if she's stalking you :P

CoraBear Mon 17-Jun-13 21:46:57

God SayHello, that sounds awful. Did you have to stay in hospital for a bit? It must have been so sore for you to live with. I'm glad to hear you're feeling better.

DH is being fab. He's not batting an eyelid about doing everything, he sees it as what he should be doing, but I'm a touch of a fusspot about everything so having him takeover and do things differently has been quite the learning curve.

I'm off to name change. I know she's looking at the site looking for me, she's a bit full on, she let it slip to someone we have in common that "No doubt Cora was all over it on Mumsnet...". I hadn't told her that I was on the site.

SweetBabyCheeses Mon 17-Jun-13 22:00:24

Sssshhhh, it's me...

Name change worked.

NewChoos Tue 18-Jun-13 14:08:20

Ooh creepy sweet Hope you manager to shake her off!
Also hope you are feeling better and managing to rest. Do whatever it takes to get through the awful nausea/tiredness stage.

sayHello what a nightmare - fingers crossed you are on the road to recovery now. Would you have a 3rd?

I ma 36 weeks now, it's my last week at work, I've been feeling ok. Bit tired and had puffy ankles last week but feeling better this week. Just been to the park with LittleChoos (it's my day off) and then went for cake and juice (although he refused to go in Costa for some reason!)

SweetBabyCheeses Wed 19-Jun-13 14:14:51

Maybe he's more of a Starbucks man. Cake and juice in the sun sound nice. Are you ticking off the days 'til your due date? Have the puffy ankles subsided? The warm weather mustn't be helping with that.

Feeling much better today - almost human. I had a plate of 8 baby roast potatoes for lunch, which is weird because I don't like potatoes, but they were delish.

I have become obsessed with the novels of Jilly Cooper which is a weird side effect of my pregnancy (I blame the pregnancy for everything). I've read riders and rivals in the last ten days so I'm on to polo. I'm finding it hard not to slouch on the sofa and read them all day.

SayHelloToMyLittleFriend Wed 19-Jun-13 22:23:55

I didn't have to stay in the hospital Cora, I was in for about 6 hours getting tests done but then I got to go home to bed. I felt a bit daft tbh, they put me in a wheelchair and I kept saying "it's ok, I'm fine to walk" but they wouldn't let me!

I don't think I would have a third Choos although I guess I might change my mind one day. I love having two, they're only two years apart and are so close. It's so nice to watch them play together and they love each other so much. For me, two is perfect (although my eldest starts school next year, I bet I get broody then!!)

I can't believe you're 36 weeks already, have you got your hospital bag packed? I had my first at 36 weeks so I was super organised the second time and she was 8 days late, typical.

Glad your feeling better Cora, so funny but I now have an image of you on the sofa with your jilly cooper and a plate of roast potatoes haha.

SweetBabyCheeses Sat 22-Jun-13 17:25:42

Your image of me wasn't too far from the truth SayHello. I'm reading Jilly Cooper on the Kindle though so I can tell people I'm reading Charlotte Bronte or something when they ask.

Was your eldest very small when she was born? And did you have an inkling she would be early? I ask because I KNEW DS would be late from the get go. And he was. But I have this feeling that this one will be early. I was looking at getting blankets and stuff organised which I wasn't like with my son.

I was in for my check up and I'm 1 stone 1 lb lighter than I was before I got pregnant. I'm definitely watching what I'm eating, I've been able to keep soup down so I just want to make sure I don't pile on the pounds as soon as I feel better.

SayHelloToMyLittleFriend Sun 23-Jun-13 18:47:11

Yeh, she was so small when she was born, only 4lb 5oz. I actually didn't have a feeling I'd go early though. I'd had a great pregnancy, no morning sickness or anything and felt great. I went for a check up with my midwife at 35 weeks and had to go to hospital because I had pre eclampsia so I ended up being induced. With dd2 I was positive I'd go early. I had two bags packed (because I hadn't had anything packed the first time and was in hopsital for over a week) and she was 8 days late and I got out of hospital the same day. You could be right though about going early this time and it won't hurt to get everything organised anyway.

Imagine being over 1 stone lighter than before, I guess morning sickness does have its uses after all!! Hope you're feeling a bit better.

SweetBabyCheeses Sun 23-Jun-13 20:40:50

Oh your poor thing. That sounds very traumatic. I am quite jealous you had no morning sickness though. You certainly made up for it being super organised when baby number two was on her way! I think your plans for 2 kids are the way to go. I've always wanted 3 kids but I can't face another pregnancy like this.

I'm living on soup at the moment - as if I was back on my liquid diet again. I've been signed up for a hospital scheme to monitor pregnant women's weight gain but I'm afraid they're going to think I'm starving myself.

NewChoos Mon 24-Jun-13 07:40:41

Morning! My first day of mat leave and I am off shopping as still need loads of things and really need to pack my hospital bag.

We won't have baby number 3 either, I feel ill in 1st semester and don't think I could do it again. Maybe you will be tempted though SayHello !
Although weight loss is good in some ways I hope you are managing to keep enough down sweet or do you prefer cheese ? Have you had urine checked for ketones? Could you manage any carby snacks. I found certain type of crisps ok - those ones that are in the big bags in different shapes.

Actually I'm pretty hungry now - so off to the fridge!

mollybupmysport Mon 24-Jun-13 15:19:11

Message deleted by Mumsnet for breaking our Talk Guidelines. Replies may also be deleted.

mollybupmysport Mon 24-Jun-13 15:19:59

Message deleted by Mumsnet for breaking our Talk Guidelines. Replies may also be deleted.

SayHelloToMyLittleFriend Tue 25-Jun-13 17:52:51

Wonder what happened with the deleted message??

I know Cheese (I feel very odd calling you that) I was so lucky with no morning sickness but it got me the second time and I would vomit every day, nice. It only lasted the first 3 months or so though then I felt much better, hopefully you'll be the same and it'll pass soon.

Did you get everything you needed Choos? Hope you're enjoying your maternity leave.

I'm just home from a spa break with dp, it was so lovely to get away and just relax. The girls have had 2 nights away with granny and grandad so I'm looking forward to them coming home now!!

NewChoos Wed 26-Jun-13 08:26:57

It was just a spam post trying to get us to look at a website. I thought we might have a new poster initially!

A spa break - how lovely. What treatments did you have?

I just need to get a few things from Boots then I'll be done - I feel much less organised this time. I am now in a frenzy of washing everything.

Hope you're ok cheese

SweetBabyCheeses Thu 27-Jun-13 21:58:49

Hi ladies,

I'm back in the land of the semi-living. My sickness is down to every second day and as I've been barf free today I've been able to eat and I feel amazing. Had a scan and saw the baby, he was bopping around so he was happy enough. I'm so relieved he's ok because I am so sick. Never. Doing. This. Again. I'm going to get DH vasectomy vouchers for Christmas (I'm sure they do them).

Choos- are you getting to that panicky excited stage yet? I remember packing my bag- I had three by the time I was done. Have you considered ordering everything you need on line so you don't have to streel around the shops? How does LittleChoos feel about becoming a big brother?

SayHello- A spa breaks sounds lovely. Did you get lots of massages and treatments? A thorough pampering is just what you need after everything you've been through with having pneumonia. Do you feel relaxed?

SweetBabyCheeses Thu 27-Jun-13 22:06:08

Choos- What are ketones? How do I get it checked? Is that not something from the Atkins Diet or have I got it arseways? It sounds vaguely familiar.

I can't eat crisps (I have ferocious food aversions and when I think of a food that I don't want to eat, I get sick). I can have soup, full fat coke and ice pops on a bad day - and none of that might stay down. On a good day I eat anything that doesn't make me barf when I think of it. I really do think this is some form of hyperemesis, I just don't seem to be ill enough for anyone doctor to care (because I'm not underweight and fainting regularly- I've fainted once).

I've been sleeping a lot but that's down to complete lack of energy. My midwife suggested I exercise to boost my energy levels, I burst out laughing. Silly, silly midwife.

NewChoos Fri 28-Jun-13 09:22:25

Ketones an be found in urine and it means your body is using fat stores and you need to try and eat more. If you have 1-2+ it's not anything to be worried about generally but if you have 3+ then you need to have more fluids.
The midwife/dr's surgery could easily dipstick your urine to check. You can also buy the sticks in the chemist.

Don't mean to worry you, I often have 1-2 + of ketones and was just told I needed to eat more. But you sound worse than me so I think it's worth checking for piece of mind.
Could you get a midwife appointment - honestly sickness is so miserable and I think they should be taking a bit more care of you.
Also worth them checking your Hb. Mine was low and I felt really tired, started iron supplements and feel better (still tired but not as exhausted).

Lovely that you had a scan! Will you find out the sex?
Littlechoos doesn't really understand I don't think, although he say baby and points to my (substantial) tummy. I am really anxious that he doesn't feel pushed out. He is just being adorable and cuddly.
Bags are pretty much packed now. Should be around 2 weeks!

Hi also to Sayhello and apologies for all the baby talk!

This thread is not accepting new messages.