New Mum seeking new body by Christmas!

(1000 Posts)
CoraBear Mon 24-Oct-11 12:18:43

My baby boy is 6 months old and I am quite overweight. Ok, I'm alot overweight (takes deep breath) I'm 15 stone. At 5 ft 7 this is waaay to much. I am sitting here in the one pair of trousers that fit me and my DP's tee shirt because none of my tops fit properly. Basically my stomach looks like a deflated paddling pool and my thighs are so big that I'm fairly sure that if I sit down too much longer they will burst open.

After I had the baby I took the very grown up approach to weight loss and I hoped that if I ignored the problem it would go away and somehow I would have a body like posh spice-because all new mothers lose all the weight instantly don't they? Turns out they don't, and surviving on mini aero's didn't help. I weigh more now than when I gave birth.

I have a serious lack of motivation but I decided to see if I could lose some pounds before Christmas, as I'll be seeing people I haven't seen since I was pregnant and want to look casually fabulous. So are any of you interested in holding my hand, kicking my arse and generally helping each other to stay on track? I really want to do this but I know if I'm not answerable to others my resolve will slip.

I have my first weight watchers meeting tomorrow, which I'm dreading as it will mean that the leader will weigh me and know what a tubby fecker I am. So, if any of you weight watcher followers or followers of other plans would like to come and join me and share stories of jogging up and down while eating maltesers so the points are being eaten and burned off simultaneously or just have a rant about how unfair the world is when you're hungry, you are welcome.

Right, I'm off to remove all the biscuits, chocolate and sweets from my house before tomorrow. That's right, when I say "remove" I do of course mean "eat them".

NewChoos Sat 13-Apr-13 09:57:01

Morning Cora and SayHello

Cheesecake toped brownies sound amazing.... (salivating).

I hope you enjoyed all your celebrations Cora.
I am pleased we are having a girl, it helps with the organisation, I have sorted out all LittleChoos clothes to give away for example. We are slowly getting organised, although LittleChoos has been co sleeping a lot since having chicken pox, so we need to address this.
12 ish weeks to go, I hate maternity clothes, and have about 4 dresses I am rotating. I am resigned to looking fat for the summer but hoping to be slim for Christmas - we didn't say which Christmas we wanted a new body by did we???

CoraBear Sat 13-Apr-13 20:58:37

SayHello you can't get rid of us that easily. grin

You sound very organised Choos. Are you in nesting mode per chance? No we didn't specify a Christmas, which I think was a stroke of genius.

I'm starting a two day liquid fast with my friend on Monday with the option to extend it to five days if I can cope with it. I'm fairly certain I won't make it to 5 days. Has anyone ever done a liquid fast? I need to know how much I'm going to pee, I have a few car journeys to take on Monday and I don't want to be stopping and starting.

I've been reading up a bit on shocking your body in to slimming. Tricking it with no carbs one day, super low-cal the next then at least one day off each week. I'm going to give it a try. I'm a bit bored and feel like torturing myself apparently...

CoraBear Sat 13-Apr-13 21:08:09

Oh, and by "reading up" I mean I saw something about it on E! News (what? it is real news, it says so right in the title)and then saw two articles in magazines my Mum had in her house the other day. I didn't want you to think I was taking this whole weight loss thing very seriously.

However, if I see one more picture of Myleene Klass gurning in the sunshine, parading around in a bikini, claiming she has a skinny and cellulite-free body by being a normal Mum and chasing her kids around the garden, I will scream. AAAAGGGGHHHHH!

I chased my son around the garden for the last few days and my thighs flap around like a wind sock in a hurricane - unless your kids are Hussein Bolt you got your figure through diet and exercise Myleene. Just admit it.

Oh.My.God. That feels so much better. Sorry for the rant. I just wish she'd be honest, it would make her far more likeable. And I want to know how she gets her hair looking so fab and shiney...

CoraBear Sat 13-Apr-13 21:08:55

That was quite the rant...I think I'll hit the easter eggs - I mean gym!

NewChoos Sat 13-Apr-13 21:11:59

Ha caught you ranting. She's not as bad as flippin Amanda Holden. Although I must admit I do find Mylene's bpdy, clothes and shiny hair irritating!

<still tufty haired from LittleChoos pregnency>

NewChoos Sat 13-Apr-13 21:13:45

Diet sounds hardcore, but could be worth a go. In my younger days, Idid a diet coke and apples diet for about 3 days and think lost albs, don't remember needing to go to the loo too much.........

CoraBear Sat 13-Apr-13 22:34:17

I had no idea I was that annoyed by Myleene. Poor girl, she really did nothing to deserve that.

What's Amanda Holden been up to? I saw her on Graham Norton being all loud and laugh-y. What was the deal with her hair? I had to laugh when I saw that Denise Van Outen said she hadn't been seen with her husband because they have to holiday seperately because they don't have a nanny. That made me chortle. Like, actually chortle. What a pile of shite.

A diet coke and apple diet? That sounds fart-tastic! Where has the stamina of our youth gone?

NewChoos Sun 14-Apr-13 15:38:44

I meant I lost albs.

I have just eaten the head of an easter bunny.

NewChoos Sun 14-Apr-13 15:38:56

grr 7lbs!!!

CoraBear Sun 14-Apr-13 15:46:03

When you say you've just eaten the head of an easter bunny - do you mean a chocolate one or the actual easter bunny? If it's option b I feel I should hide this thread due to the scary turn it's taken.

Still, 7 lbs, that's good results from diet coke and apples.

I went shopping and bought all the veg for my soups and juices. I copped out of making my own juices and bought cartons instead. I find blending smoothies really time consuming and I couldn't be arsed. I also bought a few soups in case I get stuck for time. I'm thinking with the shop bought soups I might be able to keep the diet going an extra day or so. I'm spectacularly bloated at the moment because I keep scoffing carbs and chocolate so I'm actually looking forward to some nutrition.

CoraBear Wed 17-Apr-13 18:11:22

I made it to dinner time with the liquid diet. Then I literally saw stars and felt faint. Liquid diets and an active job are not a good mix. Sooo, I'm having juices for breakfast, soup for lunch and a healthy dinner. It's a good compromise.

I've been out getting some exercise too. I went for a few walks and I've been pushing my son around on his push along toys around the block for an hour every night. I don't feel light headed any more so I'm happy about that.

SayHelloToMyLittleFriend Thu 18-Apr-13 17:07:06

I couldn't do the liquid diet either cora, it sounds way too much. Your new one sounds good though, think I'll have to give something like this a go.

I only have a few more weeks to go til my holiday so I don't think I'm going to lose much weight but even if I can lose a couple of pounds it's better than nothing. I just don't want to pile it back on while I'm away because when I come home it's my brothers wedding and I'll be gutted if my dress doesn't fit!

I think this christmas is going to be the one where we all have our dream bodies, I can just feel it haha smile

CoraBear Fri 19-Apr-13 19:46:42

But SayHello, if we achieve our dream bodies what will we dream about? Arf, there's no way I'll have my dream body by then - there's no way I could afford surgery that soon. Maybe Santa will deliver me a hot body...

Are you looking forward to your holiday? How soon after the holiday is the wedding? Have you time in between to do some damage control? I've been getting out for a few walks per day with the kids and I definitely feel the benefits. I don't even think I'm going fast enough to burn serious calories, but the fresh air is making me feel great.

Having said that, I'm having dinner with my friend tonight and it'll be a no-holds-barred Chinese feast. Yum!

CoraBear Sat 20-Apr-13 15:33:04

Ow! Suffering from Chinese food overdose... Belly is still full... Think I might explode...I regret nothing...

CoraBear Mon 22-Apr-13 10:30:16

I take it back... I regret everything. I seem to have caught a bit of a weird tummy bug. It could be food poisoning either, but I've had that before and I'm not as sick as I was previously. I want to go to bed and curl in a ball, but I can't. I have to work and I have a child to look after. I've even gone off my wine, that shows how ill I truly am!

Is there any positive side to this? Possible weight loss through lack of appetite and general air of nausea? I've done a ton of pregnancy tests and have negatives all 'round so it's not that.

I am officially feeling sorry for myself.

CoraBear Mon 22-Apr-13 10:35:52

Oh, any views, diagnosis etc. on why I feel so sick are very welcome. I have decided I have either: some horrendous parasite infection; possibly alien, I have inadvertently swallowed nails, I have eaten a brick.

I fully understand if preggy Choos comes on and yells at me like only a pregnant woman can about me not knowing what it's like to be sick and have a toddler to look after - let it rip Choos!

CoraBear Thu 25-Apr-13 14:07:26

I've upped my exercise and I've cut all the crap from my diet. I tried on an old bikini from my skinny days - it was a size 10 - it was NOT cute! So there's my inspiration - other people are soon going to see me in public in a swimsuit. EEEEKKKK!

Suddenly those burkini's are sounding like a good idea.

NewChoos Tue 30-Apr-13 10:00:07

How you feeling now Cora. Really I won't shout at you, DH get the brunt of any moodiness..!!! Has the alien gone??
10 weeks to go, still at the 2 stone stage, hoping to stay under 3. Baby measuring big for dates though.
How are you Sayhello?

NewChoos Tue 30-Apr-13 10:00:36

ps how much tv is appropriate for a 2 year old?!

CoraBear Wed 01-May-13 14:21:00

Two stone is amazing Choos. Are you still working or are you on maternity leave yet? Are you tired? Ten weeks is no time, once you hit single figures the countdown is really on.

As for the tv and the two year old? The right amount is whatever keeps him amused and lets you rest. I have no qualms about letting DS watch telly if I'm exhausted. I recently ran in to a competitive Mummy who said her little darlings would never watch television and her story was working until her child starting reciting episodes of Fireman Sam, Peppa Pig, In the night garden etc. It was hilarious.

My illness continues apace. I am covered in a rash and have a horrendous sinus infection. I am feeling very sorry for myself (I'm talking Oscar Award winning depths of wallowing) but I'm just taking it easy as the doc said there's nothing I can do but let the virus run it's course.

I'm eating healthily and being active but not much has changed weight wise. I've enjoyed being out in the good weather though.

CoraBear Sun 05-May-13 10:58:21

Hi all,

the healthy eating continues apace. I went to a bbq yesterday and ate salad, brown rolls and drank no alcohol. I had a few Dorito's in the evening (it would've been rude not to) but they made me feel sick. This constant eating of nutritious food is actually doing me some good. Who'd have thunk it?!

I've been going out for walks and generally been out and about in the sunshine and I feel good. Sadly my efforts are not being rewarded on the scales which is a bit frustrating but I'm hoping that time will come.

I was sent off for blood tests because my thyroid is not working properly and the doctor seems to think that's why I'm not losing any weight. Anyone have any information on thyroids? I'm waiting for the test results but I'm dreading being told I need to go on medication.

NewChoos Sat 11-May-13 20:39:26

Hi Cora,

Hope you are feeling better and the virus has run its course? I don't know much re thyroids but would think if you need to start meds it can only be positive really? You could be super skinny in no time, and don't under active thyroids make you feel a bit sluggish? So you could feel better all round. Sounds like you are doing brilliantly with healthy eating and lifestyle.

I'm still at work at the moment, I am getting more tired though and it's hard to keep littlechoos entertained. I think he is watching toy story 2 most days..... We went shopping today and got loads of craft stuff and so I am planning to do that with him tomorrow and some baking.

Still sticking at 2 stone mark but worried may pile on weight now I'm in last few weeks 8-9 weeks to go eek!

CoraBear Mon 20-May-13 14:47:49

Hi all,

sorry I've been absent. I am frickin exhausted at the moment, work and home life have been a touch insane, so the healthy eating is slightly off track. I've kind of been relying on M&S low calorie meals for the last few weeks, I know they're not great but they're better than a takeaway. I haven't had chocolate, biscuits, fizzy drinks or greasy food in weeks though so it's not all bad. I'm 5 lbs down and hoping it will continue.

How's everyone else getting on?

You won't pile on tons of weight Choos. You're really aware of the fact that you might and I think that will stop you. You must be exhausted now that it's so close to your due date. I remember running (lumbering) around after a toddler at nine months pregnant and just counting down the hours 'til bedtime (for me, not the toddler).

SayHelloToMyLittleFriend Tue 28-May-13 12:00:48

Hi everyone, sorry I haven't been on in a while. Well done on being 5lbs down cora, that's fab. Hope you're keeping well choos, it's very exciting now you don't have long to go.

I have to admit that I have been completely ignoring the diet recently. We were on holiday for a week, had such a good time and didn't worry about my weight at all. Then I had my sister in laws hen weekend then the wedding so I just haven't been thinking about it. I've been looking at the photos from the wedding though and for the first time in ages I feel happy with my figure. I'm going to get back to healthy eating this week though and I still want to get more exercise.

Hope you're all doing good.

NewChoos Wed 29-May-13 09:09:35

That sounds really positive SayHello - glad you have been having such fun.
Hope life has calmed down a bit Cora. Well done on the 5lbs.

Well I have 6 weeks to go, I am pretty exhausted and feeling sorry for LittleChoos as not able to entertain him as much as I would like. Can't wait to feel more myself.
I am still hovering around the 2 stone mark so hopefully will only have 3 stone to lose (I never got rid of the last stone I was aiming for!).

This thread is not accepting new messages.