Threads in this topic will auto-delete after 90 days.

New Mum seeking new body by Christmas!

(1000 Posts)
CoraBear Mon 24-Oct-11 12:18:43

My baby boy is 6 months old and I am quite overweight. Ok, I'm alot overweight (takes deep breath) I'm 15 stone. At 5 ft 7 this is waaay to much. I am sitting here in the one pair of trousers that fit me and my DP's tee shirt because none of my tops fit properly. Basically my stomach looks like a deflated paddling pool and my thighs are so big that I'm fairly sure that if I sit down too much longer they will burst open.

After I had the baby I took the very grown up approach to weight loss and I hoped that if I ignored the problem it would go away and somehow I would have a body like posh spice-because all new mothers lose all the weight instantly don't they? Turns out they don't, and surviving on mini aero's didn't help. I weigh more now than when I gave birth.

I have a serious lack of motivation but I decided to see if I could lose some pounds before Christmas, as I'll be seeing people I haven't seen since I was pregnant and want to look casually fabulous. So are any of you interested in holding my hand, kicking my arse and generally helping each other to stay on track? I really want to do this but I know if I'm not answerable to others my resolve will slip.

I have my first weight watchers meeting tomorrow, which I'm dreading as it will mean that the leader will weigh me and know what a tubby fecker I am. So, if any of you weight watcher followers or followers of other plans would like to come and join me and share stories of jogging up and down while eating maltesers so the points are being eaten and burned off simultaneously or just have a rant about how unfair the world is when you're hungry, you are welcome.

Right, I'm off to remove all the biscuits, chocolate and sweets from my house before tomorrow. That's right, when I say "remove" I do of course mean "eat them".

SayHelloToMyLittleFriend Fri 18-Jan-13 13:58:39

Wow Cora that's amazing, well done smile If we could carry on like this we'll be skinny in no time.

With mfp I haven't paid anything to sign up. So far I've only used it for the food diary though, it's actually quite good inputting everything that I eat each day because I can easily see where I'm going wrong.

I've just ordered a new dress for my brothers wedding in May and I've ordered it in a size 10 so I have no choice, I have to lose this weight!!

CoraBear Sat 19-Jan-13 15:11:25

That's some serious motivation SayHello, you will be so focused on fitting in to that dress.

I might try MFP. I've tried everything else. I think I lost the weight because I've been busy, exercise is next on my agenda....

SayHelloToMyLittleFriend Mon 21-Jan-13 10:17:05

My dress has arrived and I really like it, and IT FITS!!!! So happy, I didn't think I'd even get it over my hips so I'm very chuffed. Would still like to lose a few more pounds though and hopefully try and look more toned.

I think I'm going to do another exercise dvd and maybe the month before the wedding I'll go back to the shred dvd (I just can't be bothered with it, I'll look for one with different sections so I'm not doing the same every day).

Hope everyone's had a nice weekend smile

CoraBear Tue 22-Jan-13 21:16:34

SayHello, that's brilliant. You must be delighted. Congratulations.A size ten... I remember how amazing that felt.

I've been mad busy with work, I seem to be losing a few pounds. I realised today that I'm a stone lighter than when I got pregnant with DS, but I'm a size bigger. What the hell is that about? Stupid body that is not toned any more.

SayHelloToMyLittleFriend Thu 31-Jan-13 09:19:22

That's brilliant that you're a stone lighter than when you got pregnant Cora! I think after having a baby your body shape can change (well mines has anyway) so it may not be that you're not toned just that you're a different shape so wearing a bigger size if that makes sense.

I don't know if I believe the size 10 label on my dress tbh but it was still nice smile I weighed in again yesterday and have lost half a pound, must try harder!!

CoraBear Mon 04-Feb-13 14:57:38

I am so un-toned, is that a word? I am in need of some exercise but that's going to be put on the back burner for the next little while. It's been mad in work so my day is never- ending.

I think you should believe the label SayHello, and you're still losing weight- there will be none of you left soon. What sort of dress is it, can you put up a link?

My Mum has started buying me clothes and bought me a SIZE 18 jumper that is knitted, shiney Coral colour. It's beyond vile. And my MIL bought me SIZE 18 pj's for Christmas. I'm so unimpressed. It's such a slap in the face that people think I'm that size, I'm 14-16 for fucks sake. I nearly strangled my MIL with the leg of the fatty pj's, I was so insulted.

CoraBear Mon 04-Feb-13 15:05:25

Oh, I meant to say that I've been cutting my food portions in half to save calories. It seems to be working. The pounds are slowly slipping away and I can see the results. My belly's much flatter and when I bought new jeans I really could have moved down to a size 14. So I'll head down the sizes the next time I go shopping. Yay!!!

NewChoos Sun 10-Feb-13 15:49:55

Cora - MIL got me size 20 maternity pyjamas once!! (I am a 12-14).

Sorry not been on the thread - for a good reason as am 17 weeks pregnant!
Have already put on a stone.... anyway, I'll be joining you all again in July. Will look in from time to time.
Good luck in the search for skinniness!!

CoraBear Sun 10-Feb-13 21:08:23

YAY CHOOS!!!!!!!

I'm so happy everything is going well!!! grin

Excuse all the exclamation marks but I think your news deserve some. How are you feeling? You should keep popping back and letting us know how you're getting on. I'm so happy for you.

July seems so close. That's crazy to think that you're due then.

SayHelloToMyLittleFriend Sun 10-Feb-13 21:28:16

Aww congratulations Choos, that's brilliant news! Def keep popping in to let us know how you're getting on. July really doesn't seem long away, hope you've been keeping well.

Cora that is very annoying that people are buying you bigger clothes but don't take any notice, just return and get some smaller clothes smile You've been doing great so don't let other people get to you (easier said than done I know)

Here is the link of the dress I got for the wedding, I'm hoping it will look ok.
www.very.co.uk/coleen-one-shoulder-drape-dress/1140175178.prd?browseToken=%2fq%2fcolleen+rooney+one+shoulder+drape

CoraBear Sun 10-Feb-13 22:15:51

That dress is lovely SayHello. It's so pretty. I really love the one shouldered look, it never goes out of style. What sort of shoes are you planning to wear with it? I just had a massive browse through the website. There's some lovely stuff on it. I have to hide my credit card.

I tried on my other pair of size 16 jeans I bought last week and they are too big. I am firmly in size 14 territory. I have no idea what I weigh though as my son has buggered up my scales as he like to bounce on it to see the numbers move. A new one has been added to the shopping list.

I would never buy anyone clothes as a gift unless I was certain of their size, it's just too easy to offend people. I have packed my humungous M&S pj's away for when I get pregnant again. I can't even return them because MIL wouldn't give me the receipt (I did ask).

It seems to be the week for people to piss me off. My oldest brother has a new girlfriend and she saw a photo of me from 5 years ago and said "Oh my God, that can't be you. I mean, you look so different...so thin. You don't even look like the same person"

She is very much in to putting women down so I said nothing (Just gave her a death stare and contemplated spitting in her tea), my younger brother was disgusted though. I was a skinny scrap in the photo though because I was suffering from a stomach disorder and was very sick I would rather be this size and healthy than be that skinny and feel that ill though.

CoraBear Sun 10-Feb-13 22:16:37

I would just like to clarify I didn't spit in her tea.

SayHelloToMyLittleFriend Sun 10-Feb-13 22:26:41

I actually wouldn't blame you if you had spat in her tea tbh, what a way to endear yourself to your new boyfriends family!! Also, maybe keep the pjs and your dh can give them back to his mum for Mother's Day smile

I don't have shoes yet but I want to get black shoes and accessories to wear with it, the bit underneath the dress says to style it with nude shoes but I'd prefer black. The dress is actually really flattering as it has a drapey bit that sort of comes over the tummy but I just want to get shoes and try it all on together. Also, we've just got our holiday booked for 2 weeks before her wedding so will hopefully have a nice tan smile

Sorry for any spelling mistakes btw, I'm on my phone and it likes to change my words.

CoraBear Mon 11-Feb-13 21:51:49

I decided to be nice. She's very Alpha Female and the fact I openly don't care for games seemed to wind her up.

I think black shoes are the way forward. I have quite dark skin when I'm tanned so nude shoes look like I forgot to fake tan my feet. Where are you going on your holidays?

I have eaten like a trucker today. Anything and everything was scoffed because we had a ton of junk food in the house and I couldn't help myself. We never have snacky junk food in our house for this very reason. Ugh, I have no motivation today. Tomorrow will be better.

SayHelloToMyLittleFriend Tue 12-Feb-13 20:15:35

Yeh, probably best not to give her a reaction as that's what she wants anyway. I don't understand girls like that though, so bitchy.

We're going to Portugal, never been before so I'm very excited. Bit worried about taking my two little ones on the plane for the first time but hopefully they'll be fine.

I also have no motivation. I need to win the lotto then I'll pay for lipo, job done smile

CoraBear Tue 12-Feb-13 20:26:59

Ooooh lipo, now you're talking. Start at my toes and work your wake your Mr. Surgeon. I am so lazy. I'd also like to admit that I'm writing this while eating a packet of skittles. Rainbow-coloured sugary goodness.

How long is the flight to Portugal. I'm not sure if we're going away this year, the thought of a plane journey with a two year old makes my stomach hurt. I am a very anxious flier.

SayHelloToMyLittleFriend Tue 12-Feb-13 20:33:13

I think it's 3 / 3.5 hours so not too far. I'm also worried about the flight (my girls will be 3.8 and 20 months when we go) and I have fears about them screaming, vomiting everywhere and running up and down the aisles terrorising all the other passengers. I've bought a trunki for my eldest to use as hand luggage and I'm going to fill it with toys and snacks and hope for the best.

My dp has the football on so I'm bored and it's taking me all my willpower not to rade the cupboards for something sweet to eat!!

CoraBear Wed 13-Feb-13 21:35:48

So, did your football induced boredom cause you to scoff a ton of food?

I stepped on the scales this morning and was delighted to find I had lost nearly an entire stone. About an hour later - and after 2 coffees - I remembered that the scales was broken. Damn broken scales!

Can you bring a laptop or dvd player with some brand new movies or tv shows for them to watch? They could pop in earphones and be distracted. I think food and movies are the way to go. Is DP going with you? Those trunki's look great, I wonder if they'll fit on Ryanair?

SayHelloToMyLittleFriend Wed 20-Feb-13 11:55:45

You would have been so proud of me Cora because I didn't scoff anything while the football was on (only because I raded my cupboards and couldn't find any junk but still....)

I was reading another thread about a girl going on holiday for the first time in years and other posters were giving tips to get bikini ready so I'm going to start these. Exercise dvd, body brushing, moisturise every day etc. I want to feel confident in my bikini and not worrying that people are staring at my baby belly sad

Yes, will def go with the dvd player as that's bound to keep them happy for a little bit. I'm going away with my dp, mum, dad, brother and niece so we'll have 5 adults to 3 kids, should be do able haha. My mum and dad have treated us all so I'm very excited.

Hope your diet is going better than mines, I seem to be stuck at the same weight again!!

CoraBear Sun 24-Mar-13 19:55:42

Hi,

it's me again, resurrecting the thread which had been sleeping so peacefully.

I haven't been around due to my ridiculous work schedule, I'm exhausted come the evening time but the few euro's are making me feel better.

As for the exercise and dieting? Hmmm, exercise is non-existent due to the shitty weather however working constantly has meant that I am seeing some weight loss. It's slow but I'm not really doing pro-points any more due to lack of interest so I'm just watching what I'm eating. Although I think I'm developing a cuppa soup addiction that's veering in to dangerous territory.

Anyone else around? How are you getting on?

CoraBear Wed 03-Apr-13 14:49:19

Ugh! I hate Easter. All the delicious food just hanging around waiting to be eaten. So I did... Whoops.

I've been avoiding the scales like the plague due to an impending party that will be photo opportunity-tastic. I'd rather realise after the fact if I'm Chubby Chubberson. Although having said that my friend posted a photo of me on Facebook and I'm laughing my head off and I was pleasantly surprised by how good it looked. I think it was because I looked genuinely happy and it wasn't staged and posed. I always look awful in posed photos because I'm always thinking of how fat I'll look.

Anyways, I have to go and be a good parent...That means eating all my child's easter eggs before he wakes up.

CoraBear Thu 04-Apr-13 14:38:03

Found a recipe for brownies that have a cheesecake topping - this is not going to end well!

NewChoos Fri 05-Apr-13 13:53:09

Hi Cora and SayHello,
Hope all is well, glad you like your pic Cora, I think we all feel we look a lot worse than we do in reality.
I have managed to put on 2 stone so far (3 months to go...) Hoping to stay under the 3 stone mark. I am determined to rejoin you in July. We are planning to go away next Feb so would love baby weight to be gone by then.

I made a chocolate fudge cheesecake for Easter and I think I ate about 3/4 of it.

Oh and we are having a girl!

CoraBear Tue 09-Apr-13 14:21:46

Hi Choos,

a girl! That's so exciting. To be honest all babies are exciting. Is it nice to know in advance though? I didn't find out on DS but all my friends who are pregnant are going to find out.Two stone in 6 months is really good. You must be running around like a lunatic if you have a toddler already.

My diet has fallen to the side a little as I had easter, DS's birthday and our anniversary in a two week period, but hopefully all of the junk food will be out of the house by the weekend and normal eating can resume. I made the cheesecake topped brownies, they look a bit like a lasagne but they are so tasty. I didn't look at the calorie content, that seemed like it might depress me.

Off out for dinner tonight...going to grow a second arse the way I'm eating at the moment.

SayHelloToMyLittleFriend Thu 11-Apr-13 13:49:25

Just found this thread again, I thought everyone had left so I'm glad to see you both back smile

Congrats Choos, can't believe you only have 3 months to go that's so exciting!

I think every diet falls to the side over easter cora, it's impossible to resist easter eggs. Actually just talking about them makes me want to go and raid my cupboard, must resist!!

This thread is not accepting new messages.