New Mum seeking new body by Christmas!

(1000 Posts)
CoraBear Mon 24-Oct-11 12:18:43

My baby boy is 6 months old and I am quite overweight. Ok, I'm alot overweight (takes deep breath) I'm 15 stone. At 5 ft 7 this is waaay to much. I am sitting here in the one pair of trousers that fit me and my DP's tee shirt because none of my tops fit properly. Basically my stomach looks like a deflated paddling pool and my thighs are so big that I'm fairly sure that if I sit down too much longer they will burst open.

After I had the baby I took the very grown up approach to weight loss and I hoped that if I ignored the problem it would go away and somehow I would have a body like posh spice-because all new mothers lose all the weight instantly don't they? Turns out they don't, and surviving on mini aero's didn't help. I weigh more now than when I gave birth.

I have a serious lack of motivation but I decided to see if I could lose some pounds before Christmas, as I'll be seeing people I haven't seen since I was pregnant and want to look casually fabulous. So are any of you interested in holding my hand, kicking my arse and generally helping each other to stay on track? I really want to do this but I know if I'm not answerable to others my resolve will slip.

I have my first weight watchers meeting tomorrow, which I'm dreading as it will mean that the leader will weigh me and know what a tubby fecker I am. So, if any of you weight watcher followers or followers of other plans would like to come and join me and share stories of jogging up and down while eating maltesers so the points are being eaten and burned off simultaneously or just have a rant about how unfair the world is when you're hungry, you are welcome.

Right, I'm off to remove all the biscuits, chocolate and sweets from my house before tomorrow. That's right, when I say "remove" I do of course mean "eat them".

NewChoos Tue 11-Dec-12 12:27:30

Hi SayHello and Cora - hope you are both doing well.
Sounds like you will be having a glamorous Christmas SayHello smile
I am considering joining a health club near me, it's quite expensive but I think I would really enjoy going for a swim - I need some motivation!
Poor Littlechoos has a dreadful cough and so we are all pretty tired. Looking forward to next Friday as I will then be off for the week!

CoraBear Tue 11-Dec-12 15:18:15

Hi all,

SayHello, that sounds very glam! I'm having a spray tan this weekend to try it out for the wedding. Hopefully I won't be the colour of a tangerine by the end of it.

Choos I think the health club sounds good, especially if there's a pool. We take DS swimming a lot and it's great for him and kills a few hours on a wet afternoon for us. I hope Little Choos cough gets better.

I've been avoiding carbs as much as possible and my belly feels flatter. I bought the M&S dress style magic underwear and it's really good, However it is a bitch to put on and take off - I poked myself in the eye with the underwire in the bra part - not good. I'm not arsed about being super skinny for the wedding. I just want to get married.

I hope you're all well and not being driven mad by all the Christmas craziness!

NewChoos Tue 18-Dec-12 19:18:47

Hi, Hope you are all enjoying the run up to Christmas.
Cora - I am sure you will look stunning!

CoraBear Tue 25-Dec-12 19:49:02

Happy Christmas one and all!

Hope you all had a great day!

SayHelloToMyLittleFriend Fri 28-Dec-12 09:51:46

Hope you both had a lovely christmas and got spoilt from santa smile I had a great day, my 3 year old was so excited that santa was coming and loved opening all her presents. My 15 month old wasn't so fussed, she was more excited that she found some chocolate in her stocking!

I haven't weighed myself and won't til after New Year. I just want to enjoy the holidays and will start again in January.

Hope you're both doing well!

CoraBear Mon 31-Dec-12 06:02:07

Hi all,

sorry I haven't been around much, the wedding has taken over my world for the moment and is the one of the most stressful things I've been through. I was very measured in my eating habits and my dress fits perfectly so I have been happy about that, however, nature's being a bit of a pain and now I have my period (5 effing days early!!!) and I'm bloated and sore and look like a fat cow. I am in bits with pain and just want to put on my pj's and curl up in bed.My family are being assholes and very rude and seem to want to push me until I break.

I am sorry for ranting, but I've been up all night for weeks as I am close to losing my reason.

Your Christmas sounds like it was great SayHello. I agree with staying away from the scales 'til New Year, there's no point in going near them until then. Our little boy was very excited and did a happy dance when he saw his train set on Christmas morning and made me cry it was so cute.

Right, I must go and bang my head off a brick wall for an hour or so before I have to talk to my family again.

SayHelloToMyLittleFriend Thu 03-Jan-13 09:14:41

Hi everyone.

Why were your family being so horrible Cora? If you were at home then you should have just put your jammies on and went to bed, ignore the lot of them!! Hope everything's a bit better for you this week.

I weighed myself, I actually can't even remember my exact weight before Christmas but I've def gained a few pounds so need to try my best to lose it fast!! I have my brothers wedding in may and we want to book a holiday in the summer so I'm determined to be thin for that. The thought of getting in to a bikini looking like this makes me feel sick sad

CoraBear Thu 03-Jan-13 20:12:07

Hello all,

I'm Mrs.C.Bear now, or perhaps Lady Bear will be the way to go. Had a great time at our little wedding and I'm free of all the hassle and bullshit that comes with family politics - woo-hoo! So I'm going to let myself go now that I'm married and in a year or so a Panorama special will be made about me as they pull the side of my house to put me in a reinforced ambulance and take me to fattie ward. I'm kidding of course but I'm taking a break from points free soup.

Where do you plan on going on holidays SayHello? Have you seen those amazing 1960/1950 style bikinis that are out at the moment, they have high waists and they are so flattering. Our honeymoon is in June so I'll be back on weight watchers for that.

Summer is a few months away, we can do it!!!!!!

NewChoos Fri 04-Jan-13 19:28:07

Happy New Year!
Many congrats Cora - So sorry I missed wishing you well, I was convinced it was mid Jan. So pleased you had a lovely day despite the family politics. I bet you looked wonderful.

May will be a good goal SayHello. Have you got an outfit in mind?
I've not been on this thread much sorry- life v busy in general.
Have a good weekend everyone.

CoraBear Fri 04-Jan-13 20:37:02

My poor body has gone in to some sort of carbohydrate overload shock thing at the moment. I am craving protein and veggies and the thought of wine makes my stomach flip. I made a chickpea curry for dinner which was delish, probably a gazillion propoints but it tasted so good.

I have seen a few photo's of the wedding, I look a little rounder in some of the pictures I would have cared for but I look genuinely happy in all of them. And that's the whole point isn't it, to be happy?

INeedThatForkOff Fri 04-Jan-13 22:16:17

Hello smile I've just been snooping on this thread, and as a new mum myself, just starting WW, I'm interested to know how you've found it. So, would you kind summarising your experience so far for me please? And do you have any tips? I'm not sure about the weeklies and whether I can really use them.

CoraBear Sat 05-Jan-13 21:30:29

Hi INeed,

I found ww alright. The weight is very slow to come off and sometimes it is excruciatingly boring but I think that's the same of any diet. It really did make me realise that I was eating enormous portions of food, even though it wasn't really bad food, there was just waaaay too much of it.

I found that I could afford it, I didn't need to buy any special food, so it was good in that way. The weeklies can come in really handy for booze or an extra snack some of the days. As a new Mum I found it easy to manage keeping track of my points, just have a sheet of paper that you can tot up your points on.

You just need long term motivation which is where I tend to waiver. I find it hard to be constantly restricted, but that's true of any diet. I'd give it a go if I were you, in fact I'll be back on the ww wagon on Monday.

As for tips, points free soup is ace. Fruit is points free so I used to buy those cut up fruit packets in the shops and bring them out for lunch. Just get used to the hunger...it passes after a while.

INeedThatForkOff Sat 05-Jan-13 22:19:59

Thank you. I think I need to adjust my expectations completely a little bit. I was hoping to get rid of 3st in 6 months. Just realised how naive that sounds.

Congratulations by the way, Cora.

SayHelloToMyLittleFriend Sun 06-Jan-13 10:54:56

Congrats Cora, I'm glad you had a woderful day and I bet you looked beautiful!

I'm not sure where we'll go on holiday but probably just somewhere in Spain as I don't think I can face a long flight with a 3 and 1 year old. It will be fun to look at holiday clothes again though.

I haven't started looking at dresses yet Choos, I think I'll wait til a few weeks before the wedding to try things on (I'm hoping I'll be a bit thinner by then) but if anyone see's anything nice before then, feel free to post a link for me smile

Hi INeed, I haven't tried WW yet. My plan for this year is to get back doing the Shred dvd, I keep saying I'll look it out and start "tomorrow" so this time I really have to.

CoraBear Mon 07-Jan-13 18:54:48

Thanks INeed, three stone in 6 months sounds like a lot. It took me about a month to lose 7 lbs. The new version of ww is frustratingly slow. However, I never really put back on the weight (I put some of it back on but that was due to complete over indulgence so I have no one to blame but me).

I have had a stomach bug for the last few days and I've been sick and haven't eaten anything - so I stood on the scales and I haven't lost a sodding pound. I was quite disappointed, DH thinks I am a lunatic, but now I'm wondering if my scales are broken. I think I'll buy new ones just to check.

SayHello - what's the shred like? Is that Gillian something who used to be on the biggest loser? All I can think of is Gillian Anderson and I know it's not her.

SayHelloToMyLittleFriend Tue 08-Jan-13 16:19:11

Haha yeh it's Jillian Michaels from the biggest loser. The work out is only 20 mins (If I remember right, it's been a while) and has 3 levels. I only made it to level 1 last time and it was actually quite hard. I tried to find my dvd to start it yesterday and couldn't find it, think I'll need to order a new one.

I was watching celebrity big brother the other night and saw a woman who used to be in eastenders in a bikini, she looked fab and she's 51 years old!! I shouldn't be jealous of a 51 year olds figure at 27 so I need to get fit fast.

INeedThatForkOff Tue 08-Jan-13 16:27:03

I really dislike the Shred. I found it tedious. The new Davina one is good. Takes longer but you wouldn't do it every day.

SayHelloToMyLittleFriend Tue 08-Jan-13 17:10:33

See I got bored of the Shred last time too but then I only made it to level 1. I always read that if you carry on with it you see results so it's made me want to try again. If I can't find my copy maybe I should just buy the new Davina instead of buying another Shred though.

CoraBear Tue 08-Jan-13 23:35:14

I loved her on biggest loser, she was always the ass kicker who made at least one contestant vomit. I haven't seen CBB, we don't get it in Ireland. I have a selection of work out dvd's, they remain cosy and unused in their boxes year after year.

Tell me all you know about the Davina one? Is it manageable for the unfit?

CoraBear Fri 11-Jan-13 16:23:22

Ok, so after a week of having a stomach bug and not being able to eat I stood on the scales and found that I have lost - a pound! I am crap at this weight loss thing. It is officially official.

I start a new job soon so I'm hoping being out of the house a lot more will lead to a trimmer me.

Has anyone tried any of those fat burner / binder tablets that are all over the telly at the moment? I am seriously thinking of trying them but I've heard they have some nasty side-effects, anal leakage anyone? Bleurgh, the thoughts of that is pretty horrendous. But I want to be skinny.

I've decided to go for a walk in the evenings when it gets a little brighter. I live in a safe enough area but there's not much traffic and is very quiet so I'd be a bit wary of being out in the dark. I have no motivation to do any exercise dvd's or wii fit if I'm honest, but I love to walk. I also think it would be good for my head to get out of the house for a little bit each day, by myself.

How is everyone else getting on?

CoraBear Sun 13-Jan-13 16:36:30

Hi all,

anybody snowed in or are you all alright? The weather seems a bit bonkers at the moment.

I haven't really done much in the way of healthy eating, but I've reduced my portion size and I have greatly reduced my alcohol intake. I start my new job tomorrow so I'm hoping I'll be more active and less likely to snack. I'm kind of hoping that little changes will make little differences.

Fingers crossed!

SayHelloToMyLittleFriend Mon 14-Jan-13 10:34:46

Hope everything goes well with your new job today Cora. Let us know how you get on smile

Since I last weighed myself after christmas I've lost 3 pounds, woohoo. Would love to lose another 2 pounds this week and start doing more exercise and toning up. I just feel so unfit at the moment, I don't want to start an exercise class and embarass myself!

Hope everyones getting on well today.

CoraBear Wed 16-Jan-13 07:56:07

The new job is kicking my ass. I have to be up at 7 am which I'm fairly sure is a form of torture. My DS sleeps 'til 8.30 / 9 am every morning so being up this early is driving me crazy. Thankfully the kids I mind are lovely so that makes the day easier, it's just the early mornings.

That's amazing that you lost 3 pounds SayHello. Congratulations. You must share your secrets. What exercise class are you thinking of doing?

SayHelloToMyLittleFriend Wed 16-Jan-13 14:03:34

I hate early mornings too cora, doesn't help that it's so dark at that time too! Glad you're enjoying your job though.

Last week I was quite strict and had Special K for breakfast, home made soup for lunch (no bread) and smaller portions of my main meal as I know I eat too much. Also just been cutting out crisps and chocolate which actually hasn't been too hard. I joined myfitnesspal yesterday too so I'm going to use that from now on as you can put in everything you eat and calculate calories.

I've been looking at classes in my area and I'm not sure what to go for. I'm just lazy, I want to be slim and toned but can't be bothered putting in the hard work.

CoraBear Fri 18-Jan-13 08:08:16

I weighed myself this morning and I have lost 4 lbs this week. I am a very happy bunny. I have been eating a lot more in the last week but I hardly get a chance to sit down so I think that's helped. I've cut out crisps and chocolate, we don't tend to have them in the house, but I've been far hungrier because I'm on my feet all day.

Your plan sounds very easy and seems to work SayHello, is MFP expensive to join? I've had a look at their website but I couldn't see how much it was. My friend has joined ww online and they have been charging her twice for the last few months so that's put me off signing up with them. I get what you mean about wanting the results but not wanting to put in the effort. I find I'm so tired at the end of the day that I'm almost afraid to sign up for a few weeks worth of exercise classes because I know I'll be too tired to go every week and it'll be a waste of money.

Right, off to start work, thank God it's Friday!

This thread is not accepting new messages.