New Mum seeking new body by Christmas!

(1000 Posts)
CoraBear Mon 24-Oct-11 12:18:43

My baby boy is 6 months old and I am quite overweight. Ok, I'm alot overweight (takes deep breath) I'm 15 stone. At 5 ft 7 this is waaay to much. I am sitting here in the one pair of trousers that fit me and my DP's tee shirt because none of my tops fit properly. Basically my stomach looks like a deflated paddling pool and my thighs are so big that I'm fairly sure that if I sit down too much longer they will burst open.

After I had the baby I took the very grown up approach to weight loss and I hoped that if I ignored the problem it would go away and somehow I would have a body like posh spice-because all new mothers lose all the weight instantly don't they? Turns out they don't, and surviving on mini aero's didn't help. I weigh more now than when I gave birth.

I have a serious lack of motivation but I decided to see if I could lose some pounds before Christmas, as I'll be seeing people I haven't seen since I was pregnant and want to look casually fabulous. So are any of you interested in holding my hand, kicking my arse and generally helping each other to stay on track? I really want to do this but I know if I'm not answerable to others my resolve will slip.

I have my first weight watchers meeting tomorrow, which I'm dreading as it will mean that the leader will weigh me and know what a tubby fecker I am. So, if any of you weight watcher followers or followers of other plans would like to come and join me and share stories of jogging up and down while eating maltesers so the points are being eaten and burned off simultaneously or just have a rant about how unfair the world is when you're hungry, you are welcome.

Right, I'm off to remove all the biscuits, chocolate and sweets from my house before tomorrow. That's right, when I say "remove" I do of course mean "eat them".

NewChoos Tue 23-Oct-12 12:28:24

Absolutely Cora! Hope you are managing to stay away from the carbs now - I am still a bit half hearted but hoping something will click in place again for me, I did it last year - no reason why I can't again!

duvetfan Tue 23-Oct-12 12:39:30

I know I am late but could I please join too? My ds is 5 months. I have 2 stone at least to lose. I have lost one and totally fallen off the wagon. I am also fairly new to mumsnet and a lurker rather than a poster.

SayHelloToMyLittleFriend Tue 23-Oct-12 16:26:12

I need help with low carbing, I want to give it a go. What kinds of things do you eat Cora? I love carbs and can't imagine I'll enjoy a meal without them but I need to do something.

Hi duvetfan, of course you can join and well done on losing one stone already smile Are you doing any type of diet? I've just been trying to eat more healthily but I'm not doing too well!!

NewChoos Tue 23-Oct-12 16:32:14

Welcome duvetfan - please do post even if you fall off the wagon (a place I frequent a lot).
SayHello - I find stir frys really good for low carbing, and soup...

SayHelloToMyLittleFriend Tue 23-Oct-12 16:34:49

I like stir frys and soup so maybe I'll be fine :P I'm doing my online shop in the next few days so I'm going to make sure I buy lots of healthy food and snacks, nothing bad to tempt me.

CoraBear Wed 24-Oct-12 16:38:18

Hi duvetfan- welcome to our thread. Congrats on losing a stone, that's brilliant.

I've just realised it's a year since I started this thread. How mad is that?

I am a fan of veggie and quorn packed stirfries and curries (you could use chicken SayHello) and points free soup is my life saver. I'm not low carbing in the strict sense because I still eat fruit and veg, I am avoiding all potatoes, pasta, bread and rice though. For snacks it's crudités with hummous or tapenade and the occasional rice cake to stop me losing my mind.

On days when I can't low carb, there are days when I just can't face it, I stick to 30 proppoints. It's kind of pinching ideas from two different eating plans but I find it easier. That way when there is a day that I eat carbs, I'm still staying within my limits.

That sounds so boring writing that down, but it is ok.

Good luck today everyone!

CoraBear Tue 30-Oct-12 09:19:59

Hi all,

I am struggling this week due to the amount of chocolate and sweets in our house. I can't wait for it all to be gone. I've gained and lost the same 5 lbs for the last few weeks and I am losing my mind (but not my belly). I was pretty restrained all weekend but the temptations are every where.

How's everyone else getting on?

Meggymoodle Thu 01-Nov-12 13:37:28

Hello - can I join you? Late I know. My youngest will be 2 in December and I would like to be back down to my pre-pregnancy weight by then. I have 7lbs to go and man alive I've been losing and gaining the same 2lbs for about 6 months. Tedious! I'd really like to be back to "normal" (although it's been so long I've forgotten what normal is!) by Christmas - just in time to put it all back on!

SayHelloToMyLittleFriend Fri 02-Nov-12 17:33:32

I wrote a nice long post yesterday but something happened and it disappeared. I can't even remember now what I wrote but basically, I weigh the same, again!!

Hi Meggy, course you can join. I know exactly how you feel about losing and gaining the same 2lbs, it's very frustrating.

Hope everyone else is doing well.

NewChoos Fri 02-Nov-12 20:09:43

Hi all,
Hanging my head in shame, I appear to have put on another 2lbs!! But basically I just want to get pregnant and so it's hard to focus on dieting.

Welcome to Meggy.

I hope you are all having nice Friday evenings.
Cora - I know you will get focused again. It's ok to have a break for a while but think of your gorgeous dress and your special day and I am sure you will get your motivation back (please send mine back if you see it).

CoraBear Sat 03-Nov-12 20:59:05

Hello everyone and welcome Meggy.

We all seem to be in the same boat with the gaining and losing merry-go-round. I'm getting seriously cheesed off with it. Shall I tell you what a whopper of a lie I told to myself on Hallowe'en night to excuse the amount of junk I ate? Myself and DS had gone around 4 of the neighbours houses to trick or treat and he got a bag full of ggodies. I put him to bed and then sat down and scoffed the lot! While telling myself I was being a good parent because he shouldn't be eating that type of food anyway!!!

That really is the type of logic that proves I can convince myself of any old shite as long as I say it with sincerity.

So I'm back on the points free soup and I really want to do better this time.

Choos I know how you feel about wanting to be pregnant. I just got offered a new job so can't really get pregnant until the end of next year, but DP has baby fever and is counting down the weeks until we can start trying. And his excitement is contagious.

I hope everyone's having a good weekend. I'm off to look longingly in the fridge and hope something tasty and low points appears.

Night all!

NewChoos Tue 06-Nov-12 13:30:15

Hi all,
I lost the 2lbs I out on, will try harder!!

Good news on the job Cora and next year will come round quick. You can have a summer free of bump..
Hope everyone is doing well.

CoraBear Thu 08-Nov-12 20:40:12

Congrats Choos, that's great. Are you delighted?

I've been sticking to my points and trying so hard not to stuff my hungry face. I tried on my wedding dress again and I think if I keep losing the pounds it would make the dress fit me a little better. Has anyone tried the new M&S shapewear? I was looking at the dress style one with the detachable straps. I just don't want to spend 40 euros on it for it to be crap. I can't really bring DS shopping as he isn't the most patient.

I've been wearing my size 14 jeans a lot recently so I think I'm starting to feel the changes. Yay!

CoraBear Tue 13-Nov-12 19:07:38

Hi all,

had my weigh in today and I've lost another 2 lbs. So that's 4 lbs in two weeks. Not ground breaking results but I am fairly happy. I have been starving the entire time though. I told DP that I was going to get seriously fat after we're married, he laughed nervously!

Where's everyone gone?

SayHelloToMyLittleFriend Thu 15-Nov-12 15:58:16

Hi everyone, sorry I haven't posted in ages I've just been so disappointed in myself. I keep losing and gaining the same 2 lbs and it's driving me mad!! I'm going to have to look out my shred dvd and get that started again, I think I'd see a difference in myself if I stuck to that.

Congrats Choos and Cora on the loss, that's fab. I've never tried the shapewear though Cora so can't help you on that, I keep meaning to buy the "skinny" pants but never have.

NewChoos Thu 15-Nov-12 20:57:09

Hi, well done on the 2lbs Cora. Hi SayHello - don't be too hard on yourself.
Yes I have got some shapewear - I found it good, don't buy a size smaller though as it's a bit sausagey!!!!
I haven't weighed myself I am focusing on being healthy though!

CoraBear Mon 19-Nov-12 20:23:39

Hi all,

I had been fairly good about eating and then I had a weekend off as I was miserable and cold so now I am regretting it. I'm not going to weigh in tomorrow in case it causes me to eat even more.

I might tip in to town this weekend and try on some of the sausage-y delights that is the M&S shapewear selection. I hate trying them on because I get all hot and bothered in the cubicle because you have to be a bendy-yoga acrobat to get the bloody stuff on and then you look like a smushed version of yourself except all flushed and sweaty. I plan on cutting myself out of it at the end of the wedding day to avoid a drunken version of what's written above-except in reverse obviously.

Anyone else finding it difficult to stick to healthy eating in the winter? I need my winter coat of podge to keep me warm!

Hope everyone is well!

CoraBear Mon 19-Nov-12 20:28:31

Oh, I forgot to say I have been doing a bit of research in to low calorie hot chocolates and the only nice one is the Options brand. Everything else tastes like fake sugary crap which will not do when I need warming up. I'm fairly sure I could sue a lot of the companies under the trades description act as instead of hot chocolate I have a cup of very sugary, vaguely chocolate-y spit.

Anyway, rant over, as you were....

<Suddenly realises I am very passionate about hot chocolate>

NewChoos Tue 20-Nov-12 12:10:39

Hi Cora,

Good idea to weigh in a bit later. I think DH has helped me out of my shapewear after a few drunken nights out, it's glamour all the way at the Choos house.......
Could you buy and try on at home to avoid the yoga in the changing room?

SayHelloToMyLittleFriend Mon 26-Nov-12 15:04:22

How is everyone getting on? It was my birthday last week and after our night away, meals out, birthday cake and wine I have gained 2lbs. Not the best but I was expecting it and I'm now determined to do well. Soup and salad it is for me this week.

I'm quite proud of myself though as I must have about 5 boxes of chocolates and haven't touched any (I dread to think how much I would have gained if I'd started on them!) I may have to regift them so I'm not tempted to eat them.

Hope everyone else is doing well.

CoraBear Wed 28-Nov-12 16:01:52

Happy belated birthday SayHello, did you have a good day?

I have been eating quite alot over the last few days, pretty much none of it has been healthy. I can't stop myself. I love delicious food and lots of it. Well, there have been veggies but they have had a generous blanket of pesto over them. And they've had pasta with them. But they've had no garlic bread with them so that's progress (talking total shite emoticon).

I really hope everyone is getting on better than me, and if you're not I hope you're all happy and healthy.

SayHelloToMyLittleFriend Wed 28-Nov-12 16:54:23

I had a great day thanks Cora. We were staying overnight at a hotel so on my birthday we used the swimming pool, jacuzzi and steam room, so relaxing. After that we went out for a meal then to see a comedian then back out for a few drinks. Far too many calories but I enjoyed it smile

I've been better this week so I'm really hoping I'll lose at least 1 lb.

I think you're right Cora, no garlic bread with your pasta is progress. I'm really loving macaroni and cheese with garlic bread at the moment yum, trying to stay away from it!!

CoraBear Sat 01-Dec-12 15:08:35

SayHello, that sounds like a lovely birthday. Was it nice to have a relaxing stay away? It sounds like heaven.

It's my hen night tonight so me and the ladies are hitting the indian restaurant and a few bars to let our hair down. It'll be ridiculously lame but we'll eat 'til we burst and then have a few cosmo's. Then I will be on the zero point soup train again and trimming down for my wedding.

Wish me luck!

NewChoos Tue 04-Dec-12 12:13:46

Hi,
How was the hen night Cora - hope you had loads of fun. Pleased to her you had a lovely birthday SayHello.
We've been bug ridden in the Choos house so dieting not a priority - is it ever?
How many weeks now Cora?

SayHelloToMyLittleFriend Tue 04-Dec-12 16:59:52

Hope you had a great hen night cora. How long now til your wedding? Very exciting for you smile

My dieting hasn't been going too great, I lost 1lb but haven't weighed myself again so I may have put it back on over the weekend.

I've just had my hair done, it's completely different (I'm blonde and have went brunette, dark!!) and before christmas I'm thinking about getting a spray tan and my nails done so even if I'm not super skinny I'll still hopefully feel nice!

This thread is not accepting new messages.