New Mum seeking new body by Christmas!

(1000 Posts)
CoraBear Mon 24-Oct-11 12:18:43

My baby boy is 6 months old and I am quite overweight. Ok, I'm alot overweight (takes deep breath) I'm 15 stone. At 5 ft 7 this is waaay to much. I am sitting here in the one pair of trousers that fit me and my DP's tee shirt because none of my tops fit properly. Basically my stomach looks like a deflated paddling pool and my thighs are so big that I'm fairly sure that if I sit down too much longer they will burst open.

After I had the baby I took the very grown up approach to weight loss and I hoped that if I ignored the problem it would go away and somehow I would have a body like posh spice-because all new mothers lose all the weight instantly don't they? Turns out they don't, and surviving on mini aero's didn't help. I weigh more now than when I gave birth.

I have a serious lack of motivation but I decided to see if I could lose some pounds before Christmas, as I'll be seeing people I haven't seen since I was pregnant and want to look casually fabulous. So are any of you interested in holding my hand, kicking my arse and generally helping each other to stay on track? I really want to do this but I know if I'm not answerable to others my resolve will slip.

I have my first weight watchers meeting tomorrow, which I'm dreading as it will mean that the leader will weigh me and know what a tubby fecker I am. So, if any of you weight watcher followers or followers of other plans would like to come and join me and share stories of jogging up and down while eating maltesers so the points are being eaten and burned off simultaneously or just have a rant about how unfair the world is when you're hungry, you are welcome.

Right, I'm off to remove all the biscuits, chocolate and sweets from my house before tomorrow. That's right, when I say "remove" I do of course mean "eat them".

gingerbubs Thu 27-Oct-11 11:43:28

I wouldn't buy a wii fit for exercise, it's really not that much of a workout, but I figure it's better than nothing and more like a game so might be more inclined to do it. If you can borrow one I'd say might be worth a try as a starting step to even just get in the habit of doing something when/if you get a bit of time to yourself. DVDs are probably better though.

NewChoos Thu 27-Oct-11 11:44:31

Hello everyone and good luck for today.

DS was up hourly (at least) again last night, will try to avoid the biscuits... very rainy here so not sure we'll get out for a walk.
I already have a confession - a slice of flapjack yesterday, so I went into some of my weeklies.
My plan for today is:
Bf: weetabix and ss milk
Lunch: chicken salad & yoghurt
Dinner: lemon sole, salad and a couple of wedges.
snacks: grapes and hot chocolate options

CoraBear are you underpointing? I get 36 as part bf'ing.

Tuesdays weigh ins also work for me.

Also been pondering incentives, well more than looking fabulous for Christmas, need more to keep me on the <hopefully> straight and narrow!

CoraBear Thu 27-Oct-11 18:23:54

What's underpointing?
I stopped breast feeding a while ago so I'm on just regular points.

I had a fairly testing day and it's not even over yet. I took the kids to this indoor play thing for kids and it was like the inner circle of hell. Little brat children crying because the big brat children were tearing around and being rough- I have the worst headache (can you tell I'm grumpy?). But I also scarfed 3 custard creams and half a bag of crisps. I'm busily totting up my points-it ain't looking good.

God New, that sounds tough- the exhaustion is the worst. I don't blame you for the flapjack, sometimes you need the sugar. Just try to keep within your weeklies and you should be fine.

CoraBear Thu 27-Oct-11 18:31:20

I spent 9 points on crap food, that's some depressing maths I tell you. That was pretty much how much my dinner was last night. MUST TRY HARDER!!!!

Oh and also, my darling niece who I took to hell-on-earth-kiddie-zone told me I had a "big belly like Daddy Pig." I replied"Why thank you" through some seriously gritted teeth. I couldn't get mad at her because I do have a big belly.

NewChoos Thu 27-Oct-11 20:56:50

Cora Sorry my mistake - thought you were still bf'ing so wondered why you were on less points than me. Your day does sound testing, are you within your points still? 3 custard creams is not bad really <just had an after eight>

We are trying a bit of sleep training tonight - so we wish me luck smile

ppeatfruit Fri 28-Oct-11 08:28:53

HAS ANYONE READ OUR PAUL MCKENNA THREAD?? PLEASE JUST READ IT BECAUSE I HAVE LOST 2AND A HALF STONE ON IT AND I'M NEVER HUNGRY!!!!!

It's true see you there ??

CoraBear Fri 28-Oct-11 09:10:17

Good morning,

Oh what an evening I had. I was going to have an excuse primed as to why I had wine and crisps, but the reality is that I was weak. So I scarfed the bag of crisps that my brother bought me the day before and had a large glass of chilled Rose wine (I can't figure out how to do the accent over the e). It was delicious but I woke up with a serious case of the guiltiness. Feel free to shout at me.

So here's my list of bad food from yesterday:

1 slice brown bread
1/2 tblspoon of peanut butter
Black coffee with two sugars

Mixed 0 point veg
O point spicy sauce
2x tortilla wraps
1/4 portion white rice

1/2 bag of cheese and onion crisps
3x custard creams
1/2 a potato waffle (picked at nieces tea)

Black coffee with two sugars

Mixed 0 point veg
0 point curry sauce
1/2 portion of white rice

Packet of crisps
Large glass of white wine.

40 BLOODY POINTS!!!!

It was only day 2. How am I so lacking in self control?

NewChoos Fri 28-Oct-11 11:15:09

Cora 40 points really isn't too bad, don't be to hard on yourself and just aim to stick to your points today.
Self control - well it's so flippin hard, loads of people have emotional triggers to food. I think they key is not not write the diet off as you had 1 bad ish day but carry on. Think how pleased you are going to be on Tuesday if you have lost a 1lb. Small steps.......

Today my plan is:
Bfast: weetabix & ss milk 6 points
Lunch: chicken salad roll - 6 points
Dinner: well we are going out this afternoon, so will probably eat out, either that or have a snack late pm. If it's the latter will have a skinny hot choc and muffin (about 10 points). I will have fish if we have dinner out, with salad <hopeful> - I will have 24 points to play with, so hopefully will stick to them although I want chocolate!!!!

Started the sleep training, took 50 mins (and 1 breast feed!!) of PUPD and shush pat to settle, but then settled after 5 mins after the second wake up at 0030. Then woke at 0330 and 0630 for bf then went back to sleep! On the other hand DH and myself were awake most of the night - think we missed him!

Good luck today everyone smile
ppeatfruit will take a look at your thread this weekend.

CoraBear Fri 28-Oct-11 11:33:29

Newchoos that's great with the sleep training-it's a hard slog. We had to do it because the baby woke up out of habit for a comfort feed every few hours during the night. I have to say, no matter how tired you get try to stick to it. I started to waiver on Day 4 due to the extreme tiredness.

I made point free soup and just turned down an offer of a chipper for lunch, today is looking a bit better. I'm going to keep some points today for my glass of wine this evening. I'm quite the light weight so one or two glasses ia enough for me.

I'm really interested in emotional triggers for eating, I had never really thought of it like that. I think I'll see what mine are over the next few days.

I was wondering if anyone knew of any decent low point hot chocolate? Its my winter time evening comfort.

How is everyone else getting on?

CoraBear Fri 28-Oct-11 22:11:55

So today went well considering I was feeling hungry for most of it. In fact if I hadn't been so busy I think I would have been really tempted, I had serious rumbling stomach noises at one point.

Breakfast:
2 potato waffles (I need to go shopping!!!)
coffee with two sugars.

Lunch:
Points free soup
2x petit pains

2x cups of black coffee with 2 sugars

Low point chickpea curry
1/2 portion of spiced quinoa

1 1/2 glasses of Rose wine (still can't do the accents)

I managed to fit this all into my daily points. No need to raid the weekly points. Yay!!!!

NewChoos Sat 29-Oct-11 07:32:11

Just you and me at the moment then Cora grin

Well done on yesterday. Could you fill up a bit more on fruit and veg? I have some mid morning and afternoon to stop the starving feeling.

I went into my weeklies again, 8 points on a skinny lemon and poppy seed muffin. Still have 32 left but not going to use them in case I have got my portion control wrong.
Not sure about todays eating as we are out again later. May aim for:
Bfas: weetabix as usual
Lunch: Babybel light (1 point each!) x2, ham and salad
Dinner:????
Snacks, banana, grapes, glass of prosecco smile

Baby doing well with sleep training, asleep by 2200 last night with a wake up at 0030 and 0345, then 0600 but now back asleep. I am going to get on with some chores smile

CoraBear Sat 29-Oct-11 12:20:21

Yeah, I noticed that too. Never mind, we can support each other.

Your sleep training is going brilliantly, it sounds like your baby was ready for it too. Is he in good form during the day with him sleeping better in the night time? Did you manage to be restrained when you went out for dinner? I think that this will be my major downfall.

I think I'm going to try and add a big salad to lunch and have one made up in the fridge, I make a really tasty one that is feck all points. I found a pair jeans that I can't get up over my bum so they are my "goal trousers". I was tempted to take "before photo's" in just my underwear but I was too frightened in case anyone found them. So my jeans are the less embarrassing goal.

NewChoos Sat 29-Oct-11 14:34:24

Definitely, I think this thread will really help me. Having said that I feel unmotivated and hungry today. Stupidly I ordered a lemon sponge and it's sat in the fridge calling out to me. DH said I should have some as I have a cold and need the Vit C smile
I might have some tonight - I think it's good to go over your points at least once a week to fool your body. I have always had better results with weight loss if I don't point 1 day a week (honest!!). Before my wedding, I desperately needed to lose half a stone for my dress and I had no carbs, fruit, veg and protein and didn't lose a pound in 2 weeks!! I then thought sod it, had 2 weeks of no pointing and lost 4lbs!

DS is doing well, we're going to keep going, I was getting so tired so hopefully I'll start to feel more like my normal self soon.

Going out, well, I try to avoid carbs and have protein and salad. Chicken caesar salad/Fishcakes and salad/Salmon with veg and noodles etc I just approximate the points and don't have pudding.

I have just ordered a couple of dresses from french connection, when they arrive it will either spur me on to keep going or I'll be so depressed I'll put the lemon sponge down grin

CoraBear Sat 29-Oct-11 15:18:10

I had the same problem with a bag of crisps my brother bought me-I could actually hear them singing to me. So to shut them up I ate them. They were 7 points of deliciousness but I can't hear them anymore and I won't have them in the house again. My OH made popcorn last night and it really had me drooling- all that salty carby goodness-but I didn't dive into it like I normally would, I had half a handful, about 7 pieces and that was it. I can't even point how much that is.

As for getting through the hell that is sleep deprivation I recommend my old friend caffeine, it's never let me down. I'm not sure if it has a knock on effect with your breast milk but I find it an essential.

I've had more points free soup, maybe if you made a bit of that and had it before you go out it would leave you feeling less tempted by the point heavy food? Also, Tesco do light chocolate mousses which are very nice and are only 1 1/2 points each. Everyone in the ww class was raving about them. People were chopping up loads of fruit and dipping it in, like a chocolate fondue and saying it tastes lovely. Gonna get some tomorrow.

I'm starving today so I'm cleaning the house and organising laundry to stop me eating the Hallowe'en sweets in the press.

NewChoos Sat 29-Oct-11 15:33:46

Oh I love salty popcorn (salivating). Life s firmly divided into eaters and those that eat to survive isn't it?

Having soup before going out is an excellent idea, I sometimes have some about 5 ish before DH gets home as we don't eat until late. I'm going back to work PT in a few weeks though, think this may also help in a way as I'll be super busy <although I have been known to eat chocolate buttons on the train home while reading my book - bliss>
Thanks for the choc mousse tip, will look out for it. I fear that lemon cake is going to go the same way as your crisps and we have custard too.....

NewChoos Sat 29-Oct-11 15:34:18

We are having some mad ramblings aren't we?
I blame the hunger.

CoraBear Sat 29-Oct-11 17:10:19

I too blame the hunger. As for the custard-bleurgh! It's the consistency, it reminds me of phlegm (that might put you off eating it!).

I definitely love to eat. I get on-line and research restaurants to go to ages in advance of a night out. I love food and recipes and cooking. I have a recipe for stuffed aubergines that will make your ass grow in seconds, they are amazing. But I've been refining the recipe and I've got it down to about 8 points. Even doing that makes the whole weight loss process a little easier.

I am starving!!!! It's shopping day tomorrow so there's feck all food in the house. My clean and sparkly, organised house is a testament to my hunger.

CoraBear Sun 30-Oct-11 09:37:50

Ok, Here's my food list for yesterday:
Breakfast: 2 slices of brown bread with peanut butter. Coffee with 2 sugars
Lunch: Points free soup and petit pain
Dinner: Quinoa with spicy veg
Snack: 2 slices of brown bread with peanut butter.

Then I drank an entire bottle of wine.

So I went into my extra weekly points but I don't mind, I had a great night. I found yesterday very difficult, I was starving for most of it. I am about to head off on a power walk up the mountains with my ultra healthy friend so if I'm not curled up in agony somewhere later, I shall report back.

Alex1984 Sun 30-Oct-11 09:54:05

Hello,
I know i am a few days late but can i join in? I have a 10 week old ds and am two stone overweight? Really would like to do something about it before christmas. Need to fit in some (by some i mean any) of my dresses.
So had a large bowl of crunchy nut.cornflakes this morning.
Please let me join in!

CoraBear Sun 30-Oct-11 15:21:22

Hi Alex,
of course you can join. Really pleased to have you. The basic plan is to support each other and slap each others hands away from the biscuit tin. Are you planning to do weight watchers or have you another plan in mind?

I've just returned from my walk up the mountains and my body hurts in places I had forgotten existed. I'm currently scoffing a salad- I'm trying to keep the momentum going-and resting my aching legs.

I'm supposed to be going to the cinema tonight, I'm dreading it. I always have popcorn and sweets, when I get there I'm dreading the smell of it. Think I might be a super nerd and bring my own bag of popcorn.

NewChoos Sun 30-Oct-11 16:26:22

Hello CoraBear and Alex,

Well I am thoroughly fed up, I weighed myself this morning as I started ww last Monday and I am exactly the same!! Grrrrr. I will hold out that on official weigh in day I may have lost a pound or something rubbish. I haven't gone over my points but I have had more carbs than normal as I have been so tired.
I will plod on....
Today's eating plan:
Bfast: weetabix and ss milk
Lunch: Ham salad roll, banana and yoghurt
Dinner: Chicken, veggies, 1 york pud and I have pointed up the lemon drizzle cake and going to have some as I feel so fed up about lack of weight loss (which completely defeats the purpose I know but still!).

Cora - I'm starving too. Just going to have to fill up on more veg too I think. Glad you enjoyed your wine and well done on the walk today. Hope you have fun tonight and I think taking your own popcorn is fine. I have taken grapes and strawberries to the cinema, doesn't take away the thrill of the pick and mix though!
We went out for the afternoon but cut our walk short as it started to rain.
Hope everyone had a good day.

CoraBear Mon 31-Oct-11 07:35:18

Hi Choos, don't get too down about the non-weightloss, I haven't been able to weigh myself due to the recent demise of my weighing scales (I kicked it up and down the hall in rage after doing a liquid detox for a week that was my usual 10 lb wieghtloss tool, I lost 1 lb) but I'm fairly sure that there hasn't been much loss. My clothes sit the same as they did before and it's so dis heartening.

I think that pre-baby when you have to lose weight, that weight is like water and that's why it's easier to lose. Post-baby I think your excess weight is like rubber, it clings and you have to really struggle to get it off.

I didn't eat anything at the cinema (the movie was appalling), I had a glass of wine when I got home and a funsize chomp-which is only 1 point. My legs are killing me from walking, I am seriously unfit.
So here's my list from yesterday:
- 2 slices of toast with 2 tblsp peanut butter
-coffee with 2 sugars

-o point salad and veg, 2x quorn sausages,1 tblsp hummous

-0 point veg, 1/2 potion of rice, few drops of dark soy sauce.

-2x vodkas with diet coke, 1 glass of Rose, 1 funsize chomp.

CoraBear Mon 31-Oct-11 07:39:06

Choos I feel your pain about the tiredness, my monkeychild was up for nearly three hours during the night and then got up at 7. Carbs are keeping me going at the moment. I feel sick I am so tired. At some delirious point during the night I was wondering how many points I was burning by pacing carrying a heavy child.

NewChoos Mon 31-Oct-11 08:30:03

Morning Cora! Well done on your restraint at the cinema, what film did you got to see? I especially naffed off, as I even resisted cake yesterday afternoon whilst out and ice cream. I put the lemon drizzle cake back in the fridge shock last night and I am going to freeze it so it's out of temptations way. I am planning on being really strict Mon-Fri this week. We are out for fireworks & dinner at friends on Saturday and DH folks are here Sunday and so we'll be having a roast but otherwise I can be very frugal this week and see if that makes a difference. It must be the carbs and the couple of sweet treats I had even though I was within my points!

Sorry to hear your baby was up, you must have burnt off loads of calories though. I really hope you have lost some weight. I agree post baby, weight is distributed so differently. I have just foolishly measured my waist and really wish I hadn't.
Baby sleeping better in cot - have to admit have fed to sleep a couple of times. He was up at 0200, 0500, and 0700. Although he went back to sleep until 0800 so I got up and sorted out the laundry. Oh the glamour.
Are you going back to work?

I am going to make some no points soup shortly. This is my master plan:
Bfast: yogurt & Banana
Lunch: no points soup, 2x babybel and ham
Dinner: Chicken stirfry
Snacks: Options hot choc and grapes

CoraBear Mon 31-Oct-11 09:16:24

I had a big bowl of dinner before I went to the cinema so I had a full belly. We went to see "We need to talk about Kevin", one of my favourite books, it is a dreadful movie. I was so disappointed, I wanted to leave after 20 minutes.

I've been trying to make sure I don't go over on points, but I have just had another chomp so tiredness is the key. I'm scoffing clementines so that I can keep a reign on my points. I haven't the bravery to measure my waist, I have grown a side ass so I won't even put a tape measure near me. I think putting the cake in the freezer is the best plan, out of sight out of mind

The baby's gone back to sleep now but I'm a bit too wired to go back to bed. I think I shall clean the kitchen. Feeding to sleep is sometimes the easiest way to get baby's back to bed, my son still sinks an 8 oz bottle in the middle of the night, it's hard to tell what's hunger and what's habit.

How many points is an options hot chocolate?

This thread is not accepting new messages.