Weightwatchers ProPoints Plan

(1001 Posts)

I've been following WW online for a few years on and off and today my account has changed to the new ProPoints plan. I haven't yet looked into this properly but was wondering if anyone else knew much about it?

I know there is another thread where someone (sorry can't remember who) was testing the new plan, has it been easy to follow & does it work?

I've never used WW but read this article about it in the DM the other day.

StewieGriffinsMom Mon 08-Nov-10 22:21:36

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

OmicronPersei8 Mon 08-Nov-10 22:24:17

Ooh, this sounds interesting. I'd love to lose some weight, I've done WW before but had to give up earlier in the year due to childcare issues. I find it really hard to do without the weekly weigh-ins. Maybe I'll give it another go and find another group with a more convenient meeting time.

ClaireDeLoon Mon 08-Nov-10 22:27:30

I am tempted to restart it with this new plan too.

I feel at a bit of a loss at the mo at the thought of learning how many points all my usual foods now are but I do like that fruit is now free. I struggle to eat enough fruit and this would definitely encourage me to eat more. If it's as good as the article YourCall linked to says it is I might finally get my weight down before Christmas smile

I went tonight and have to say the new system seems brilliant, I agree with Stewie that the wheel is shite. I bought the delxue pack for £19.99 which includes the calculator, eat out book, shop book, tracker book, highlighter pen and tape measure. The calculator is usually £13 on it's own so well worth it plus there's a voucher book which includes a £5 off the scales voucher. I really think this new ProPoints system is the way to forward, I can see excellent results coming from it!

After an initial wobble at everything looking different on the website I'm tentatively feeling encouraged now. Just need to find my missing resolve now!

froot Mon 08-Nov-10 22:55:53

I have just received my propoints info. I have spent half an hour reading it through and already I have come across a huge whopping glaring error: In the new propoints pocket guide it states that a lamb rogon josh is 19 points and a lamb passanda 15 points. However in the Eat Out guide, a lamb rogon josh is 29 points and a lamb pasanda 34 !!!!! Anyone know which is right? (planning ahead for the weekend!)

I make my own breakfast bars (since they stopped doing thei ww ones in the purple boxes) and it took me ages to work out the points for the recipe.

Also can anyone confirm for me that it's total fat used for calculating now not just saturated fat? And total carbs?

Thanks

StewieGriffinsMom Mon 08-Nov-10 22:58:01

It's fibre, protein, total fat & total carbs to work out the points now.

dearprudence Mon 08-Nov-10 23:02:09

<watching with interest>

froot Mon 08-Nov-10 23:15:32

Ok thanks I cant get to grips with the fibre bit on the wheel.....

Re the currries, they are both meant to be eating out so restaurant /takeaway fare so should not have different values. The pilau rice says 16 in both books, but prawn Biriani is 14 in the pocket book and 29 in the eating out book.

Common sense tells me to stick with a king prawn tandoori, but it's going to be really annoying if other things in the books are wrong... I have emailed ww so will see what they say and report back!

I got the new info at my meeting tonight and im looking forward to starting it tomorrow. I was on the website this morning (Eager beaver here lol) and was totally confused! But having all the info now has calmed me a bit... It'll just take some time getting used to it. There's been a lot of negativity on the ww website which I cant understand at all. I have faith that they wouldnt make this drastic change if it didnt work smile

glasjam Mon 08-Nov-10 23:45:17

Great! At last I can throw away all my old WW Eating Out Guides, Points Calculators, Shopping Guides etc. Have been low carbing for a while now but haven't wanted to chuck away all the stuff I've invested in "just in case". Will they be republishing their most recent recipe books with the readjusted points values? I suppose it's a really good way of getting people to fork out for all the new publications.

I've revisited WW several times over the past 8 years but can't see me doing it again. Quite liberating really!

StewieGriffinsMom Tue 09-Nov-10 07:03:13

froot Tue 09-Nov-10 07:24:26

I think the old points system was a complete nightmare for the first 2 weeks then easy peasy and I reckon this will be the same - easy once you're in the swing of it. And it does make more sense nutritionally. As long as the ruddy values in the books are right!!

frangipan Tue 09-Nov-10 09:05:35

I joined the ww online programme yesterday but I'm finding it a bit of a nightmare to navigate my way around and find the info on pro points values. I find it difficult to get to meetings due to my DH work pattern, so I guess I'm asking if there are any mumsnetters in the midlands who go to meetings who could get me one of the deluxe packs if I sent them a cheque and postage? or do you think I could just pop along to a meeting for 5 minutes just to purchase a kit?

II'm in the right mind set to try and shed this excess weight so hoping this new plan works!

NewMumFifi Tue 09-Nov-10 09:41:19

It sounds very interesting - have done WW before but could do with something different. My baby is only 4 weeks old so have excuse to keep eating cake for a while because I think you're meant to wait til 6 weeks...

bigTillyMint Tue 09-Nov-10 12:24:47

I went to my meeting last night and everybody was pretty confused by the wheel - it is crap! So you might need to fork out £7.95 for the calculator, which didn't go down too well.

Aparently it is a "soft launch" just now, but they will have a big launch in Jan and there might be more deals then, but that will be too late if you want to get started now!

The whole zero points thing for fruit and veg is pretty confusing - we were told to eat fruit "in moderation" but what does that exactly mean? I think it relies on you being very careful about only eating when you are hungry and to stop when you are full. Which is the bit I find the most difficult blush

GettingOn Tue 09-Nov-10 12:59:00

Are bananas/avocados also free?

I read the DM article and I think it looks a good plan.

bigTillyMint Tue 09-Nov-10 13:01:04

Bananas are, but avo's aren't - I remember something about 4 propoints. but that might be just for a portion?!

fumblemummy Tue 09-Nov-10 13:05:31

For online users the calculator is 12 quid.

And as the original tracker is now gone cant track on i-phone.

Bit annoying sine I quite literally rejoined 1 week ago hoping to use the old kit/knowledge I already have and was not warned at all!

Amanderrr Tue 09-Nov-10 13:58:59

DP re-joined WW last night after giving up a year or so ago and came home with all the info and a pro points calculator.

I don't need to lose lots of weight (9st 4lbs this morning. Happier at just under 9st though.) but would love to lose half a stone painlessly in time for Christmas so I'm going to give it a go starting today.

Would anyone else like to keep me company on here using the new WW pro points system?

Stats today:

Height ~ 5'4".
Weight ~ 9st 4lbs.
Goal ~ 8st 10lbs.
PPs daily allowance ~ 29.

The only thing that's confusing me a bit so far is that in the booklet some of the ProPoints values differ to the online values so not sure which one to go with!

The fruit thing, you could eat say 1, maybe 2/3 bananas a day but really any more then that and you would have to start pointing them as with anything you can have too much of something. I guess moderation means a few a day as opposed to 12?!

Amanderrr Tue 09-Nov-10 14:59:23

Yes, it does say in the booklet that when you eat free points food that you should try to recognise when you're feeling satisfied.

Worried me a bit as I can eat HUGE amounts of food before feeling full so I'm going to have to apply restraint when passing the fruit bowl.

Amanderrr (love the name btw, from Friends??) the only way I find that works for me is to take a bite of whatever I'm eating and put it down, finish the mouthful then take another bite and so on. I find that way I actually pay attention to what I'm eating and feel fuller quicker - sorry if I'm teaching you to suck eggs blush

bigTillyMint Tue 09-Nov-10 15:43:17

Amanderr I am up for it! I went back again last night after nearly a year.

Height 5'8"
Weight 10st13lbs
Goal 10st6lbs (or lesssmile)
PPs daily allowance 29

Like you, I can eat HUGE amounts before feeling full blush

NormaS I find that if the points differ then you should try and work them out yourself. A pain I know but at least then you'll know if you're having too many or not enough.

Pinkjenny Tue 09-Nov-10 15:46:27

I'm up for it, too. I'm not going to a meeting, I have my own personal WW leader wink

I'm not posting my weight, either, but I will post my losses. I am a bit worried about WW, I've only ever successfully slimmed with SW, where you can eat like a pig grin

That's my problem, I like to eat. A lot.

froot Tue 09-Nov-10 15:53:59

Amanderrr- I am similar - just want to lose any itty bitty bit having lost 3 stone 10 years ago, put 1.5 back on, lost it last year again, put 0.5 back on (at least I am putting back on a bit less each time!) I am currently 5 foot 4 1/2 (I have shrink an inch in height - how annoying) so I think my weight range should be from about 8st 12 to 10 st 8 and I was 10 st 2 1/2 last night - ideally I would like to be 9 st 8....I think I would be too skinny any less than that!

I started today and am not going to fork out for a calculator!!!!

I am facing the buffet challenge tomorrow night so i can see where my 49 extra points will be going....

Im up for it too. I wont post my weight either but will also post my losses. I have a lot to lose!

At my WI yesterday I lost 3.5lbs. Will be interesting to see what it is next monday smile

froot Tue 09-Nov-10 19:23:43

Hmm 3 points left shall I have 2 squares of Lidt sea-salt dark chocolate or a gin and slimline tonic??

InLove it's ok, I was being a complete dunce and looking up a medium egg in one thing and a large egg in the other which is why it had different points value grin

androbbob Tue 09-Nov-10 21:11:33

Starting this tomorrow - found lunchtime meeting near work - just the ticket!

froot Tue 09-Nov-10 21:25:09

errg...I don't understand...is my dial wrong? If I dial up a food with 10g porotein, 26.5g carbs and 14g or fat, if it has 1to 5g of fibre it is 7 points but if it has 5-10g of fibre it is 8 points! Surely this is incorrect and the dial has been printed wrong??? I cant believe a higher fibre food would be worse (ie have higher points) than a lower fibre food!shock

Lucky2010 Tue 09-Nov-10 21:30:36

I went to WW for first time in 10 years yesterday to learn about new system. I have 'lived' by the old points system on/off for years to maintain my weight.

I have done the new system for 2 days and I'm sad to say i have been more hungry!!

Most things seem to have nearly doubled in points value but we're only getting 50% increase in points allowance [sceptical]. (No wonder it works!!).

Today I ate (amongst other things in my points allowance) 2 bananas, an apple, satsuma, grafefruit and berried and grapes. Still hungry!

However, I do like the extra 49 points a week, planning to save most for Saturday and have a treat grin.

I'm planning to try it for 6 weeks and see how I get on. I've recently lost 6lbs, now at lowest weight I've been in 5 years since having DD1 grin but feel I need extra motivation to get me past my 'sticking point' of 10st 10lbs (5 ft 5").

Will follow thread....

Lucky2010 Tue 09-Nov-10 21:32:07

Oh dear - typo city!! hmm....!

Grapefruit, berries and grapes.

Well having no proper food in the house combined with miserable whether meant that I didn't manage to find my resolve today but I'm planning to start the new system properly tomorrow.

StewieGriffinsMom Tue 09-Nov-10 22:32:39

isthisanEA Tue 09-Nov-10 22:45:11

I am hugely annoyed by all this.
it seems like a huge money making scam to me.
WW can't rewrite or even repackage the laws of physics

StewieGriffinsMom Tue 09-Nov-10 22:49:28

Amanderrr Tue 09-Nov-10 22:57:25

So pleased that there's a few of us here doing the new WW system. I think this will be a good substitute for the WW weekly meeting. I just can't face going back for the fourth time! DP has re-joined but he has about 7st to lose and thinks that the weekly weigh in helps to spur him on.

NormaSnockers I didn't know the name was from Friends. One of my friends regularly calls me it but I don't think he's as original as he'd like us to believe and he probably heard it on friends. Your idea of putting food down between bites is a good idea. I think slowing down the rate at which I sling food down my neck eat would help as it would give my brain a chance to register just how full I am.

I was thinking the same this evening Lucky2010 re double the points value of foods but not double points allowance. However, DP says (He went to the meeting, I didn't.) that it's because they want you to alter the types of foods you eat; ie lower carbs.

I did ok today. I had low fat sausages and WW bread this morning and then some toast around lunch time which totalled 11 PPs. I had a small tin of WW beans (4PPs) and four slices of WW bread(4PPs) for dinner followed by a tin of drained rhubarb (3PPs) and small dollop of low fat custard (1PPs) which in all totalled 23PPs. I also had a few squares of DS3s chocolate bar while we were out so I imagine that takes me up to about the 29PPs daily allowance.

I think I'll try to include more protein tomorrow as I had rather a lot of bread today. I didn't feel hungry though and it was good to be back in control of my eating as I'd been 'treating' myself to rather a lot of cakes recently.

How's everyone else getting on so far?

StewieGriffinsMom Tue 09-Nov-10 22:59:06

Amanderrr Tue 09-Nov-10 23:11:08

I know, it's just the foods that I eat lots of that have doubled. WW danish bread was 0.5 points per slice but is now 1PP. My little tins of beans were 2points but are now 4PPs. I'm just going to have to be a bit more adventurous and not rely on toast all day long.

Very glad that most fresh fruit is now point free though. grin I used to have a slice of toast instead of fruit on the old plan as snacking on fruit didn't seem terribly virtuous when it had to be added to the tracker.

isthisanEA Tue 09-Nov-10 23:46:49

law of physics - consume less than you expend and you will lose weight.

each new WW plan just repackages this in a different way.

People get their knickers in a twist as to what is and is not "allowed" on a given plan , compared to the previous.

Foods don't change their fattening potential just because WW decide to group them differenty.

I have heard people say things like "its harder for me to follow WW in the Uk because a teaspoon of olive oil is 2 points here. It was only one point when I lived in Australia"

Nuts!

Amanderrr Tue 09-Nov-10 23:59:47

Maybe the teaspoons are smaller in Australia.

isthisanEA Wed 10-Nov-10 00:33:14

HA! I like your style smile

froot Wed 10-Nov-10 08:17:39

I had 2 hard boiled eggs for breakfast yesterday and a John West tuna lunch for lunch - they are brill as only 5 propoints (some are 6) and mixed up with half a chopped cucumber are really quite filling. Then some fruit. Kedgeree for tea - smoked haddock is mega low at 2 propoints for a fillet and in the end the chocolate won over the gin.

I think I will be eating a lot if venison as it's really low in points - 2 tesco venison sausages is only 3 propoints and they are delicious!

Certainly feel thinner already.

Pinkjenny Wed 10-Nov-10 09:52:11

Had a bagel (6) for breakfast and am having a WW pitta and WW soup for lunch. Am feeling a little depressed by the whole thing. Am having chicken with noodles for dinner tonight, padded out with LOADS of veg. And a glass of wine out of my extra 49 points.

Am confused so far, but this thread is helping.

This fecking wheel is doing my nut in!

Other than that, I'm loving it already and only started yesterday. I've just had a cooked breakfast with loads of protein (low fat sausage, egg, tomatoes and mushrooms) and I'm still full two hours later. Normally I'd be ravenous after my usual breakfast. Fingers crossed...

BananaGio Wed 10-Nov-10 10:22:50

another new starter here. started yesterday. went to WW last about 10 years ago and is the only diet I have ever been able to stick to and that worked. Finding it all a bit confusing to get my head round but think I like it so far.

Lotkinsgonecurly Wed 10-Nov-10 10:23:08

I'm about to join online will start today! Dont want to add weight but will post losses.

I will post my weight. I am 11st 10 now (fuming as was 11 7 two weeks ago but a 500g bag of cashews and wine have put paid to that). Will post any losses here

working9while5 Wed 10-Nov-10 10:30:48

I can't decide what I think of this yet.

I feel a bit hungrier at the moment. Yesterday I started my pfb at nursery so was not particularly virtuous, which I feel was easier to do on the old plan smile. I had a slice of toast and scrambled eggs, a chocolate brownie (while he was settling in) and a homemade curry. Some free pineapple. That was my full 36 points (7 for bfing).

I understand that they want to teach us to eat more healthily and penalise "bad" stuff.. I appreciate it's better for long-term maintenance etc. However, I chose ww over sw because sw really requires you to homecook a lot to manage it. Although superficially this looks like it has lots of flexibility, I think that if you want to eat a lot you really will have to cook everything from scratch.

I don't understand some of it, either. If you are eating additional fruit and have more points, how does this slush fund work? I love a Special Chow Mein but apparently I could eat five of these week and still be on plan on top of what I'm eating already? Hmmmmm.

I can't help but feel this new plan requires more self-discipline. How many of us are fantastic at that? blush

working9while5 Wed 10-Nov-10 10:31:33

I am 11st 13 and aiming for 10st 10 for now. 5ft 9ish

working9while5 Wed 10-Nov-10 10:32:38

Sorry, I realise I contradicted myself with the chow mein example.. but lots of other convenience foods seem quite high.

Not sure of it yet. Hopefully it will all come clear!

I am still unsure of it, as in I am a bit confused by it. However, the WW women were waxing lyrical about the losses they've had whilst testing it so I am hopeful and determined!

justabouttosellakidney Wed 10-Nov-10 10:43:23

Oh, I'll join in. I am doing the online, I am 77.6 kilos.

What's that in new money? <thicko emoticon>

I'm using the 49 PP allowance over the course of the week, I figure I'll use them and see if I still lose/how big the loss is at weigh in. If it's good I'll carry on using the 49 extra PPoints, if it's not I'll ditch them!

I am struggling to work out the PPoints on the ribs I have out though as they're from the butcher and I have no idea which PPoints value to go with they all differ so much.

I'm still a little tentative about it all but all in all I like the new plan, it's a learning curve 'tis all grin.

I agree with wheel is shite though, glad I bought the calculator!

justabouttosellakidney Wed 10-Nov-10 11:25:28

Do I really have 49 extra points a week then? That seems an awful lot. Is that on top of my 29?

working9while5 Wed 10-Nov-10 11:51:56

Yup, justabout.

It is confusing.

The good thing about it was say, yesterday, when I drowned my sorrows in chocolate brownie.. grin for the first time in ages I just thought, yeah, sod it and had the brownie but that didn't lead to me going off the rails? There was no way I was going to have dropped my pfb off to nursery and left him screaming and not had chocolate so on balance, I think this is a good thing.

Having said that, I still did that very typical female thing and had the brownie instead of lunch.. but mainly because I still don't trust this system. In a few weeks, I would hope that if it was a special occasion/really justifiable for me to eat a treat that I would have a regular lunch and a brownie but stop there instead of self-sabotaging because I'm down?

That's how I'm choosing to view it.

I didn't buy the sodding calculator and I am online person. Bad choice.

Also, I am one of those who weighs themselves every day (have been my entire adult life) and I have lost 1lb already this week so all good so far! ;)

Easy mistake to make NormaS smile

Yesterday was my first full day on the new plan and I was 6 points under. Not sure if thats a good thing or not. When I first joined ww last year, I really struggled to eat all my points (not a big eater here lol hard to believe I know) so it looks like im going to be having the same prob again. I couldnt get it into my head yesterday that my 4.5 point breakfast is now 1!! 1 fgs. I have a lot of point re-working to do.

Im looking forward to finding new recipes though... for my DH to cook obviously grin

I agree that the the wheel totally blows. Will be buying the calculator on monday when I got to my meeting... Especially as most (if not all) things are 20% off atm.

Everything is 20% off 'til December apparently!

InLove can I ask what your breakfast was?

You sure can. I am currently eating 1/4 melon and a herbal tea with honey! Very much into melon right now. Cant stop eating the stuff! Made DH laugh as I came out my meeting monday and shouted "my melons are free now" blush

StewieGriffinsMom Wed 10-Nov-10 12:51:30

grin InLove.

God, I am still full from my protein-heavy breakfast. I just stuffed some cod fillet with spinach down my neck though as am going to Zumba this afternoon and I know I will be ravenous by 4pm.

I am still thinking that the 49 PPoints extra is too good to be true. My friend and I gleefully worked out in yesterday's meeting that that is two and a half bottles of wine! grin

Hello ladies, I just rejoined today (for about the 100th shameful time). I bought the calculator, i couldn't face the wheel.
I'd really like to lose 10lbs for xmas. I'm going to do Davina too.

Now I have to avoid the millionaires shortbread in my kitchen - eek!

Re: The wheel.

Does anyone else think they've made it as fiddly as possible to use so that we'll all cave in and buy the calculator? hmm

Good luck avoiding the millionaires shortbread thighs. It's my weakness.

StewieGriffinsMom Wed 10-Nov-10 13:16:08

The thing is my meeting consists of 95% old ladies over the age of 70. They seemed to grasp it immediately blush

cupcake my Nana goes too and is in her 80s I said to her she'd probably need to buy the calculator as the wheel was difficult. She'll probably find the wheel really easy and wonder what I was waffling about grin

I'm slightly concerned that I seem to be the only one going into my weekly allowance every day hmm I'm not a fruit eater though!

grin InLove, fine sod you then wink

I've spent all day trying to figure how PPoints the ribs would be and I've given up now!

justabouttosellakidney Wed 10-Nov-10 13:33:45

Well I have found the Achilles heel in the Propoints plan. I wanted instant noodles for lunch and it was (gasp) 10 points.

I had them anyway as I don't have much in, but blimey.

I did find the wheel easy to use (im not old btw lol) but its still a pain in the bum!

NormaS why cant you figure it out? confused

justabout, I have wept at the shopping guide just. Some things are off the scale now. Even tinned mackerel; half a tin is 8 points! 8! A whole tin was 3-4 points on the old plan. And isn't fish protein? confused

Pinkjenny Wed 10-Nov-10 13:40:28

This is why every time I try this bloody diet I end up deflecting to slimming world. It's so limited, at least with SW you can eat a side of cow if you like. Am I right in calculating 100g of cooked egg noodles as 4 points? <panics>

androbbob Wed 10-Nov-10 13:40:36

OK - I am now signed up and have the folder - will have to read it tonight when the kids go to bed and work out what I am eating tomorrow!

Need to calculate my breakfast before the morning and I have made veg soup for my lunch, so just tea to sort out.

I hope its easy to understand! grin

androbbob Wed 10-Nov-10 13:41:29

Forgot to say - I heard the comments re the points wheel so treated myself to a calculator. If I had an IPhone I could have a ProPoints App!

There's just so many different ones to choose from, they all vary so much in points value and trying to work out the average didn't work as they're all different weights!

Amanderrr Wed 10-Nov-10 14:10:48

Have lost 1lb!

No doubt it's the initial water loss/shock of not having any cake for a full 24hrs and not really fat loss but I was still pleased to see the needle on the scales nearer to the 9st mark than it was yesterday morning.

We're having kebabs for dinner but I can't find the PPs values of a takeaway chicken kebab in the new eat out book which is a nuisance. I think a small chicken kebab was 7points on the old system. 10PPs now perhaps?

Calculator is brill, although the keys could be bigger, but not helpful when the food you want to know the PPs value of doesn't come with nutritional info such as ribs or kebabs.

I love haddock so it's good to know that it's low in PPs. 3PPs for two venison sausages is excellent. I buy low fat sausages from Waitrose (WW own are just awful) and they are 5PPs for two. Wish I could swap down to the lower point sausages but I just can't eat venison. Bambi and all that.

How's everyone else getting on so far?

I've banned scales from my house as I weigh every day and I find it's not conducive to my overall weightloss. If I find I've gained on one day, I feel like chucking the towel in for the rest of the week, even though it could turn out that I would lose over the week overall IYSWIM? So they got binned!

Amanderrr (Ps see if you can you Tube Friends, it's the one where Rachel is trying to find Chandlers dad, who is now a woman, at the wedding reversal. She finds who she thinks it is & asks her name & the lady replies 'Amanda' so Rachel replies 'oh I get it, A-man-derr!' makes more sense the way she says it!) I know what you mean about venison sausages I can't eat them either. I would suspect a chicken kebab is nearer 14 PPoints then 10.

I'm feeling really hungry today & struggling, I'm not a fruit eater so that doesn't help!

Norma, can you make up some no points veggie soup? I've just done it with squash, carrots, onions and pumpkin and it's yummy. Even nicer knowing I can scoff the lot grin

I think that it's true about the protein being more filling though. a boiled egg keeps me going for hours.

I've only got carrots (bleurgh!) and onions (well some frozen peas and tinned sweetcorn) in the house as I used all the peppers, courgettes yesterday blush

Here you go Amanderrr grin

Amanderrr Wed 10-Nov-10 14:55:57

NormaSknockers - I do remember the episode! Can't remember the actual "Amanderr" quote though so will re-watch that on YouTube later.

I think you're right about it being nearer 14PPs than 10. I was working on the chicken being protein so staying low in points. I think you get about five cubes of chicken in a small one so they would have been 1point each on the old system and I thought that would still be the case, what with this diet veering close to Atkins. Pitta was 2.5 points so I doubled that and came up with 10PPs. Just looked at chicken tikka in the new eat out guide and 4 pieces are now 6PPs (Used to be 1point each) so five pieces would be closer to 7.5PPs than just the 5PPs I'd allowed.

Will take a few days to get used to the new system.

"I'm feeling really hungry today & struggling, I'm not a fruit eater so that doesn't help!" ... Do you like salady type food? DP filled up on a little carton of baby beetroot and a bag of mixed salad last night. Do you like prawns? Keep a bag of peeled king prawns in the freezer then you can throw a handful into a pan spritzed with low cal spray olive oil and some chilli flakes and a sprinkling of fresh coriander for a quick low points meal with a big salad. Not sure of the PPs of prawns but it's unlikely to be high.

Amanderrr Wed 10-Nov-10 14:58:32

"Don't you have a little too much penis to be wearing a dress like that?"

Haha! Thanks for the link Norma. grin

Good idea Amanderrr, think I'll dig out the cucumber and beetroot!

I think Prawns have doubled so still not too bad, I'm just about to chuck myself some rice and chopped toms etc into the slow cooker so hopefully that will fill me up later.

grin at the quote it's a really funny clip isn't it?

Welcome androbbob smile

Amanderrr (U deffo need to check out the freinds clip lol) congrats on the weightloss. It may not seem much to you but think of it this way... It wasnt a gain or a stay the same... Its off now and gone!

I agree with the comment about the ww sausages yuk! Much prefer Tesco LC but they're not doing those atm. Cant wait for the LC range to come back (if it ever does)

Im going to sound so stupid asking this but how do you make soup? Ive never done it before but would love to blush

Ooh loving the prawn idea. I'll have to try that smile

Right, soup.

Get any no points veg you like (I think butternut squash works well in soup) and dice it all up. Dice an onion and sweat it in some Fry Light. Throw in the other veg after a few minutes and swet those off until they soften. Whilst the veg is browing, make up 2 litres of veg stock (with one Oxo)or you can use tinned tomatoes and a litre of hot water. Throw this in with the veg and simmer for about ten minutes. Then whizz it all in a blender until it looks like soup! Add salt and pepper. I stir in a tbsp low fat natural yoghurt too but still count it as no points since one spoon of yoghurt between that much soup is nothing.

Thank you cupcake. Will try to make some at the weekend. Defo a good thing to have now its getting much colder and simple to freeze!

I like the Morrisons Eat Smart sausages really nice, they were a point so I'm guessing they'll be about 2 now.

RiojaLover75 Wed 10-Nov-10 17:02:05

Hi everyone, I'm going to my meeting this evening. Looking forward to the change to Pro Points grin.

Anyone know how much things like the calculator/ deluxe pack etc are? I don't want to walk around in the dark with too much cash on me and our meeting doesn't take cheques or card sad.

Happy to declare my weight, as others have but will do it when I'm back from weigh in grin.

working9while5 Wed 10-Nov-10 17:17:32

Hey Rioja - I think it's a tenner for the one without the calculator, twenty with. I got the cheapo one and am a bit sorry!

No pedometer though sad

The calculator is £7-8 but not sure about the pack. Everything is 20% off in meetings until dec so its a good idea to buy things now.

I must say im glad I never brought anything when I was doing ww last time... It would have really pee'd me (and DH) off if I had to replace them.

Nuthatch Wed 10-Nov-10 18:33:12

I'm on this too and have been for two days. But I'm stuck. It says that a bottle of beer 250ml (Asda 5%) is only one point. Can this be true? I saw it yesterday and celebrated with three bottles, but I'm feeling today that it might be wrong, especially cos a gin and sltonic is 2 points - and I've always thought that was the ultimate diet drink.
Does anyone have any thoughts on this?

Have felt strangely guilty nibbling on grapes all afternoon without pointing them.

isthisanEA Wed 10-Nov-10 19:20:22

thighs, out of interest, how many old points have you eaten today?

working9while5 Wed 10-Nov-10 19:28:48

Hmmm.

Just pointed today. I am not being very organised at the moment, so I had:

A banana for breakfast
A beef sandwich from a local s/w shop
Chicken and chorizo rice with a dash of red wine and some peas.

I'm not sure how to point the bread at the sandwich shop but thinking somewhere between 6 and 11. This day of food is between 35 and 39 points! I had a piece of fruit, a sandwich and a bowl of rice!

I pointed it on the old plan and it was 27 (I used to have 26 points) but I guess the difference is I am used to banked points and need to just use this slush fund, right? I just feel weird about it.

Well this is what I've had so maybe 12 old points or so? I don't have my old books handy.

Fruit and fibre
1 pint milk (inc. coffee)
Toast = 1 tsp low fat spread

1 x slice ham, tomato, cucumber, lettuce + pitta toast and 1 tsp spread

grapes

I'm not too hungry but have had v stressy day with sick and whingy 7 month old.

bluebump Wed 10-Nov-10 19:42:49

I was doing the old plan but that was without going to meetings. I don't know whether to just carry on the old way or pay to go to at least one meeting to get the new info. I don't get a chance to go to meetings and that seems to be the only way i'll get and understand the new info. I'll see how you lot get on first I think!

working9while5 Wed 10-Nov-10 19:58:59

What is that on new plan, thigh? Too lazy to point.

Hungry now though!

RiojaLover75 Wed 10-Nov-10 21:32:35

Yay! Another 1.5lb off grin. That's three pounds in two weeks.

Have been given all the new stuff tonight. I also bought the eating out and shop guide plus the calculator, that all came to about £16.

REALLY looking forward to this new plan, more fruit, veg and protein and less carbs. Bring it on!

RiojaLover75 Wed 10-Nov-10 21:39:46

Blue it's definitely worth going and getting the new stuff, it doesn't make sense otherwise.

Thighs it's not possible to directly compare the two plans, the points have totally changed, some things have gone up, some down. Fruit is free!

Congrats on the 1.5lb loss Rio

Ive got to say I am loving the free fruit smile

Amanderrr Wed 10-Nov-10 22:01:15

Thanks for the tip about the John West Tuna pots Froot.

I couldn't find the tuna one so I bought a salmon one today and it's just 5PPs. Looking forward to lunch tomorrow now. smile

Had the chicken kebab as planned for dinner and only ate a little bit of the pitta bread. Had about ten squares of a Green & Blacks milk chocolate bar afterwards though. No idea what the PPs were in that (Don't think I want to know really) but wrote it on my tracker as 10PPs. Had some olives too which took my total to 31PPs today.

Going to take the dogs for an extra fast walk now to work off those extra couple of PPs as I'm trying not to touch the 'bonus points' until tomorrow.

Idle brain wonder of the day... Are any of you going to the Mumsnet Christmas meet-up? Have been thinking about signing up. Getting back into my size 10 LBD by the meet-up date ( 27th Nov ) would be a good incentive to stick to the plan.

androbbob Wed 10-Nov-10 22:07:31

thighs - I know what you mean about nibbling friut and not pointing it - seems just wrong!

rioja - well done you! Any loss is fab grin Do you think we could get a weight loss smiley for these weight loss threads! Like the biscuit but better?!!

ILWDT - sorry your name is too long to type out!! I got the calculator and it was £7. Hopefully it will be well used!

Hello to everyone else!

Out of interest how many propoints have you all been put on? I had heard that alot of people are getting 29? I was given 29 as I am a shorty but I have 3 to 4 stone to lose, so not sure how that will work. On the old system you dropped a few points every stone you lost, but 29 is the lowest confused

Roll on tomorrow and the first PP day!

Sorry about the long name blush
Not bothered really about what you call me lol NormaS has been calling me InLove! ILWDT is also good grin

Im on 42. Im 5ft 8" but I also have about 6st to get to my ideal weight I think confused They also base it on your age too

isthisanEA Thu 11-Nov-10 00:45:48

thighs, 12 points is starvation!!!

I'm on daily 31 with 2 stone 4.5lbs to go (I lost 3 stone on the old plan) though I seem to be the only one dipping into my allowance on a daily basis which is worrying me confused

I was so hungry yesterday so I'm going to try and think about it a bit a more today.

I think I must be a right greedy bugger as you all seem to survive on munch less blush

Yesterday was;

Bran flakes with skimmed milk.

Wholemeal WW pitta with tomato puree, 1 slice of ham and low fat cheese.
Bag of WW BBQ crisps.
Low fat cadbury mousse.

Several chunks of cucumber.

Chinese ribs and wholegrain rice with onions, garlic and an egg mixed in.

Slice of homemade lemon cake.

That would leave most people feeling stuffed I think, I spent most of the day with a growling stomach!

WynkenBlynkenandNod Thu 11-Nov-10 07:11:11

Norma, I am on SW until today so haven't properly started but I think you maybe a little carb heavy and need more lean protein like chicken plus bulk it out with fruit.

Depending on how many branflakes you are having, cut it a little but add some fruit, banana or melon maybe and possibly a yoghurt for a couple of points. For lunch you could have strawberries or something with some total 0% Greek yogurt to bulk it out and maybe some more veg in the pitta.

WynkenBlynkenandNod Thu 11-Nov-10 07:12:24

And loads of veg with your evening meal.

HecateQueenOfWitches Thu 11-Nov-10 07:13:23

first day on the new pro points for me.

Last night at the meeting, I took one look at that wheel thing and went over and bought the calculator!

although they say fruit is free, it's not. they just rely on most people not wanting to eat loads in a day!

The new points thing has 'depressed' me this morning! 2 weetabix with a yoghurt (one of those feel full fat free danone shape thingie ones) and I always bung my whole daily milk alloance (1 pint skimmed) in at the same time, saves adding it tea by tea during the day, and it was TEN points!

weetabix 3
yog 2
1 pint skimmed milk 5
FIVE points for skimmed milk!

However, my points allocation is blush 45 per day. so I've plenty left.

It's easy to say but when you're not a fruit/veg eater it's not easy to fill up. I cannot abide the stuff, makes me want to gag. I can eat peppers/onions/sweetcorn/cucumber/tomatos 'til it comes out of my ears but anything else - yuk. Same with fruit, most I can bring myself to eat is the odd grape!

I usually have lots of chicken but I don't like to eat it every day hence why yesterday I didn't have any.

bigTillyMint Thu 11-Nov-10 07:27:57

So I wonder how the daily points is worked out?

I am 5'8" with 10lbs or so to go.

Maybe we can work it out between us?

Also, although we get the 49 extra "free" points, we can't carry any over from day to day or week to week - I suppose it is designed to stop you bingeing for more than a day?

It's based on age, weight, height and whether you're losing or maintaining.

I did earn 6 activity points yesterday though so I don't feel quite as bad.

It's just getting used to it, on the old system I would always 4/5 points left at the end of the day and it's just different so I just need to spend some time adjusting and it'll be fine.

froot Thu 11-Nov-10 08:45:56

Norma - how did you earn 6 activity points? That's loads! I have a treadmill and I thought half an hour of panting on that was 2points but have I worked it out wrong?

I ate yesterday:
a banana and a homemade meusli bar -6
Small pack of sushi -3 maybe (no protein info on pack- how stupid, everything else was on it!)
1/3 tub cottage cheese -2
Celery and mango
Buffet - sandwich, half a mini pork pie, loads friut salad, handful of crisps, lump of cheese-12 (only guessing)
Treat size twix-3
Gin & tonic - 2
Tomato juice -1

Was not too hungry after all that (particularly the tomato juice with worcester sauce was filling) but woke up STARVING this morning so am about to have a 2 egg ommelette with chilli flakes.

I am enjoying seeing what everyone else is eating it is fab for getting ideas without having to work the points out myself!

Anyone else figured out the fibre madness on the wheel?

An hours walking was 5 points and then half an hour on the Wii was 2 point, oh actually I earned 7 not 6 - even better grin

I've had scrambled eggs on 1 slice of toast for breakfast which was 6 points, dinner will be 9 points (possibly 11 if I add a spud) so hopefully I won't dip into my weekly allowance today!

froot Thu 11-Nov-10 10:07:38

I need to get a dog

That was without walking the dog, if I'd walked the dog it would have been another half hour grin

I do the school run twice a day but also tend to pop DS in the pushchair & just go for a brisk walk, even if it's just round the block!

Pinkjenny Thu 11-Nov-10 10:17:33

I had 18 points worth of noodles last night, I didn't point it, just guessed, and pointed it this morning. So my total for the day was around 42 points!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I just keep thinking, 'On slimming world those noodles would be free.'

I can't keep chopping and changing though!

Ooppss! <<thinks about the noodles in the cupboard and cries>>

TrinityTheTwattyRhino Thu 11-Nov-10 10:28:42

I did ww about 8 years ago and lost a stone and a half without ever feelingl ike I was on a diet or hungry

loved it, taught me to look at the healthyness of ffod and realise the sat fat in things that I hadn't thought about

I started again monday before last and lost 5 lbs, then they changed it and I fraked out but I can feel something happening and I 'get' where it is coming from

never feel hungry, never have to sdeny myself

eating more fruit and veg and exercising more

will be much closer to my happy weight by xmas

Good luck to all

mmmwine Thu 11-Nov-10 12:27:31

Been on it for 2 days so far, feel like I'm eating a lot more, was convinced I was ballooning, hopped on scales and am half a pound less than I was on Tuesday... spooky!!

Amanderrr Thu 11-Nov-10 13:05:37

5PPs John West salmon handy lunch in a pot thingy was a disaster.

Firstly, the tin with its peel back foil lid is like an oversized can of Sheba. The contents, well lets just say it's mulch with carrots in and leave it at that. Could not eat it. I shall have another look for the tuna one today as 5PPs is ideal for keeping points low.

Ended up with a bowl of Dorset Cereal with berries... 9PPs! 9PPs and I could have eaten another bowl. Can't stop thinking about food now. Not a good day so far.

TrinityTheTwattyRhino Thu 11-Nov-10 13:09:05

make your own lunch amanderrr

it much nicer, leaves you feelling fuller and less pp's

froot Thu 11-Nov-10 13:10:23

Well it seems to be working....I only started Tues and I seem to have lost 2 lb already - but can that be fat as i've lost it so quickly? (I must confess to being addicted to my scales - I wieigh morning, and night, before and after peeing, pooing etc etc) I don't see how it could be water as there must be tons of water in all the F&V I've been eating! I read quite a good article that says that if you eat protein it is 'muscle sparing' and encourages fat loss....

www.thefactsaboutfitness.com/research/diet.htm

TrinityTheTwattyRhino Thu 11-Nov-10 13:16:17

the thing about water loss is that you retain water when you aren't taking enough in

so when you up your fluids(as you should be to lose weight and exercise more) then you body releases the stored water as it knows its always going to get more

dottyaboutstripes Thu 11-Nov-10 13:16:55

I'm wondering how my leader worked out my daily points allowance? I'm at goal but would like to lose a bit more (didn't admit that to her! My goal is the top end of what's allowed though so it's not as though I'm being silly)

I am 5ft 1 and 9st 6ish. She said I should have 32 points. I'm guessing that's to maintain? I am also breastfeeding a 17month old several time per day still....in the old way of working out points, that would equate to an extra 5 or so per day.I was in a bit of a rush so forgot to ask all kinds of questions confused

Pinkjenny Thu 11-Nov-10 13:33:55

Amanderrr - I have just had the mediterranean tuna one. Verdict? Revolting. And I'm starving.

Pinkjenny Thu 11-Nov-10 13:34:26

On that subject, does anyone have any good lunchtime ideas?

WynkenBlynkenandNod Thu 11-Nov-10 13:35:45

Sorry Norma, see the problem with fruit and veg.

I am officially on ProPoints as of this morning, on a SW rebellion. Just had a bacon sarnie and a slice of melon and absolutely lovely it was too. I've been eyeing up one of those mini pots of Philadelhia light which I think are 1pp and would go really nicely on a crumpet (2pp). Not had a crumpet or bread for about 14 weeks now.

If anyone wants to borrow a dog, I have one spare. But she eats sofas so you might not want one.

dotty as your maintaining you would be given additional points so if you do want to lose some more you'll need to double check them. It used to be an exra 6 for maintaining but not sure what it is now!

Someone explain this to me. Philadelphia light, one 35g mini tub is 1 ProPoint yet 1 tablespoon (3og) of Philadelphia light is 4 poinrs - how? Why?

So far I've had;

Scrambled eggs on 1 slice of 50/50 toast

Grapes

WW Tomato soup with 4 Tuc crackers

Dinner will be chicken drumsticks, with 1 potato and peppers and onions so that leaves me 9 ProPoints plus I'll have earned at least 3 activity points so today is looking much better!

froot Thu 11-Nov-10 14:04:29

Oh no you don't like the John West pots? They really need the chopped cucumber in them. the French one is the nicest.

I had Asda sweet chilli gfy cottage cheese 1/2 tub for lunch with celery sticks as a spooon, thet was nice and filling and about 6 points.

Amanderrr Thu 11-Nov-10 14:04:59

Oh, might give the tuna one a miss then PinkJenny.

I know I could make something from scratch but I'm a lazy toast addict Trinity so thought the 'lunch in a tin' thing at just 5PPs would be ideal. It isn't. Ahh well, back to the drawing board recipe booklet.

I have dinner to look foward to though... Two Waitrose low fat sausages (V. nice and only 5PPs for two), tin of tomatoes and WW toast. 8PPs in total.

No idea if anyone's interested but my DS1 is on tv tonight on Channel 5 at 8pm. First part was last night (On Channel 5 catch up channel now) and the 2nd part is on tonight.

Amanderrr Thu 11-Nov-10 14:06:55

Norma ~ How many points in a slice of 50/50 bread? I know my fav sunflower and pumpkin seed bread is 2PPs a slice [Weep!] but the WW malted Danish is just 1PP.

Pinkjenny Thu 11-Nov-10 14:12:39

I'm having smoked cod fillet and (weighed) noodles with baby corn tonight. Yumtastic.

Amanderrr it's 2 points for a medium slice

Hello everyone,

I've had quite a low pp day. I need to get some time in to exercise, DD2 has been so poorly with a cold I can hardly put her down, sigh.

So can someone confirm that it's 29 points per day and you can't carry anything over. Plus you get the 45 bonanza points for your once a week proper meal!

I do feel that even though the fruit is free, they've hiked everything else up so it balances out.

In the new Eating Out guide, Spud-U-Like seems to be missing. I bloody love S.U.L I work twice a week and go there for my lunch as in old money, a large potato was 5 points and beans were 1 1/2. Now it's looking more like 18, for a fecking spud and beans!A very healthy and filling meal IMO.

I didn't realise I'd signed up to do Atkins angry

WynkenBlynkenandNod Thu 11-Nov-10 15:01:17

Goodness knows what they have done with the Philadelphia. Am eating one of the Extra light mini pots and used the calculator to check points. Comes out at 1pp. It does make me worry a bit about taking some of the values online at face value.

justabouttosellakidney Thu 11-Nov-10 15:04:38

That's incredible, Spud You Like I mean.

I am completely depressed, half a tin of green lentils is 4 points. Lentils, for goodness sake. You should blinking get points taken off for eating them.

Do you know what, and I'm sure I'm not the only one; I'm considering just carrying on on the old plan and not telling my leader. blush

Pinkjenny Thu 11-Nov-10 15:26:34

I am disillusioned too, mainly because I am sitting at my desk in work absolutely starving. Not happy.

Pinkjenny Thu 11-Nov-10 15:30:26

Everything I point is seriously high. A lowfat Mug Shot (which would be free on SW) is 7 points.

I feel like crying. I don't want to keep swapping plans because I need to drop some lbs before Christmas, but God almighty, this is ridiculous.

harverina Thu 11-Nov-10 15:49:52

Hope you dont mind me joining in. I have started pro points today as my meeting was last night. Had a good day so far..

Breakfast: 50g cocopops, 200ml alpro light soya milk

lunch: 5 grilled bacon lardons, 200g spaghetti hoops, fried mushrooms in a teaspoon of oil (random lunch but all I had at home and it was yummy!)

snack: banana, alpro choc dessert.

For dinner I am having a large slice of smoked haddock, potatoes and veg.

I have done weight watchers many times - I was a member for 2 years, lost 3 stone and rarely missed a meeting. Each time I joined after this I was too complacent I think, so I am enjoying having to work out everything again and think its what I need to kick start me again.

Dont be disheartened that point values are higher as you have more points in one day so I think that it will balance out - dont think that convenience foods will work as well on this plan though.

I wouldnt compare to slimming world - slimming workld is a diet where you dont have to watch potion sizes and when I did it I found that I over ate - yes I lost weight but my unhealthy attitude to food remained and when I stopped doing it the weight piled on again. Weight watchers is more like real life, IMO it fits in with real family life better than slimming world. I know other people will disagree!

Thighs - everyone has a different daily points allowance, the minimum is 29. It's 49 extra points a week that you get and no you cannot carry any of your daily points over, use them or lose them!

I actually feel like I'm having a better day today, I'm 4 days in so starting to get the hang of the new system, although I tried to force myself to eat a banana as I was so hungry and only managed a bite and a half before gagging so now I'm eating a sugar free jelly instead!

Pinkjenny Thu 11-Nov-10 15:54:59

harverina - that's exactly the reason I've deflected to WW. Glad it isn't just me!

Surely you'll only be able to have about three potatoes though? Hardly seems worth getting the pan out <<defeatist>>

Absolutely agree with you harverina, I do think WW fits in better with real living.

Pinkjenny - don't be to down, give it a few more days and you'll start to get the in the swing. I felt very much like you do yesterday, really thought 'oh this isn't going to work' but feel much more positive today.

harverina Thu 11-Nov-10 18:47:36

Pinkjenny i'm having 200 grams of potatoes tonight with my fish which is a big portion. Can't remember the pro point value but when I go back on my laptop I will let you know. I have a feeling it may be 4 or 5 points. The e source tools are great. You can track everything online and you normally get more for your points as it is so accurate. If your a ww monthly pass member it is free online.
By the way I didn't mean 5 bacon lardons for lunch I meant bacon medallions! I have eaten well today and don't feel hungry at all...So far! I fine night times are worse angry

I had 100g of potato (which wasn't very much at all!) and that was 2 Propoints, so 200g of (raw) potato would 4 ProPoints I'm guessing.

HecateQueenOfWitches Thu 11-Nov-10 19:16:05

I went out for dinner. I had veg (free), salmon - 6 points and boiled potatoes (I asked them to not put the butter on) it says 3 points, but there looked quite a few so I'm saying 6 just to be on the safe side.

And ......

noooooooo pudding!

HecateQueenOfWitches Thu 11-Nov-10 19:17:11

oh, potatoes are a funny one. Apparently they have quite different values depending how they're cooked - baked for example are always higher. Something to do with less water in them? It details it in the little blue pack.

justabouttosellakidney Thu 11-Nov-10 19:18:22

Well I took the boys and husband to softplay and had...wait for it...

chocolate fudge cake. 10 points.

I shall be dining lightly tonight!

TrinityTheTwattyRhino Thu 11-Nov-10 19:19:02

processed food will not work as well on the new plan at all

it is encouraging protein and fibre which you dont find much in processed crap

HecateQueenOfWitches Thu 11-Nov-10 19:20:19

talking of processed crap, have you ever seen WW shepherds pie?

peel back the 'potato'...

TrinityTheTwattyRhino Thu 11-Nov-10 19:21:40

I've never eaten the shepherds pie

I only like one or two of the 'meals' and only use them as an emergency

HecateQueenOfWitches Thu 11-Nov-10 19:23:37

yeah. Don't. It looks for all the world like at least 2 people already did...

I buy the Heinz frozen WW meals. (haven't seen Sheps pie) Having one tonight as DH is out and I can't be bothered to cook. They are okay.

Also the Total Greek yoghurt is only 1 pt for 100grams, it's delicious on currys and used like creme fraiche stylee.

Lucky2010 Thu 11-Nov-10 19:26:15

Hi again, posted way back on page 2 but have been busy at work since.

I LMAO at 'you should be given points to eat lentils'...!!!

I'm currently day 4 of the new plan. Still hungrier, but is it cos I'm sticking to it more religiously as it's new.....IYSWIM.

It does feel weird when you've done WW for years and are used to the old points value, my breakfast of bran flakes and skimmed milk used to be 4 pts and is now 9 shock. (I have 60g....30g wouldn't fill a bird up FFS).

I have eaten more fruit, although I ate a lot anyway, so probably just one extra banana a day - cos they're filling, and a satsuma. I'm just about keeping within my (29) points and that's eating roughly the same thing each day:

Breakfast - Bran Flakes and skimmed milk - 9
Banana
Lunch - Lentil soup - 6
Grapefruit, apple.
Banana hmm
Dinner - spagbol with tiny amount of pasts, or tongight was salmon and rice....both 10 pts.
Fruit and yoghurt for pudding - 1 pt.

I have stoppped eating my much loved sunbites - -1.5 pts on old WW, now 3 pts, and iced gems as a treat in the evening with a cuppa - 1.5 pts on old WW, now 3 pts.

I did a cheeky weigh in this morning in PJs and before a poo grin and had lost 0.5 lbs since Monday.

The other big draw back for me is that all this fruit and protein is bloody expensive!!! Our family now go through about 40+ bananas a week!!! Berries, kiwi, apples, satsumas, grapefruit (DH and I both have one a day) pears...then there's all the meat and eggs.

Someone was asking about lunch ideas...I love an omlette filled with free veg. Mushroom and spinach a fave, and it's really filling too, and only 4 pts.

Determined to keep going, esp if weekly weigh in are successful! But am finding it a bit hard sad.

Lucky2010 Thu 11-Nov-10 19:47:11

Apologies for rather long post blush

You're not alone Lucky, it's definately a steep learing curve!

Thighs has Total 0% stayed the same then? That was 1 point on the old plan too <<off to have a look>>

Lucky - omelette sounds good. peppers, tomatoes, etc. How many points per eggs?

Norma - yes I pointed it on my stupid little calculator. grin

That's good to know, I shall stock up on those on Saturday when I do the food shop grin

Oh Thighs eggs are 2 ProPoints per medium egg

Thanks Norma

harverina Thu 11-Nov-10 20:59:28

Yeah your right, its 4 points for 200g - I am so stuffed, 200g is too much!

Omelette sounds like a good lunch idea.

The new calculator is a good buy, makes it alo easier to point stuff rather than that silly thing that you get for free!

Lucky, Im not a huge fruit fan so didnt really like to waste my points on it before. I prefer veg. But now that its free, I will be having more to fill me up. You eat loads of fruit, very healthy so well done smile

I plan on having a crunchie shortly with a cup of tea...have just checked a crunchie and its gone down to 3 points!!!!!!!!!!!!! Yippeee! grin

No idea what I will be having tomorrow...think I may start the day with an omelette now that you have given me the idea.

Another breakfast that I love are eggs poached in tinned chopped tomatoes...good if you like eggs.

working9while5 Thu 11-Nov-10 20:59:37

Today I am struggling to use points, yesterday I felt as though I were starving.

Had remainder of chorizo hmm and a banana for breakfast - 5 points (new and old plan, I've realised)
a wholewheat tortilla with h/m hummous for lunch - 10 points
wholewheat chicken noodles and veg - 10 points
That means I have 11 left. 11! Have sent dh to the shop to get a Kinder Bueno (will check points when he returns).

Mmmmmm.. Kinder Bueno.

harverina Thu 11-Nov-10 21:06:37

Sorry...quick query...the crunchie, can it come out of my daily allowance if I have spare points or does it HAVE to come out of my 49 weekly allowance because it is a treat?

harverina Thu 11-Nov-10 21:08:53

Omelette/tortilla recipe...

Tortilla with Ham, Pepper and Watercress

ProPoints® Value: 7
Servings: 1

This is perfect as a light lunch served with a mixed green salad.

Ingredients
5 spray(s) Cooking Spray,
1/4 medium Pepper, Red, chopped
2 medium Spring Onions, finely chopped
1 bunch(es) Watercress, chopped roughly
100 g Potatoes, Old, Raw, cooked, cut into chunks
25 g Ham, Wafer Thin, sliced
2 medium Egg, Whole
2 tablespoons Milk, Skimmed
1 pinch Salt, and black pepper, freshly ground
Instructions

* Spray a small (15–20cm/6–8 inches) nonstick frying pan with low fat spray. Add the pepper and spring onions and cook gently for 2 minutes, until softened. Add the watercress and cook briefly until wilted.

* Remove the pan from the heat and arrange the cooked potatoes evenly over the base of the pan. Sprinkle the cooked ham on top.

* Beat the eggs and milk together, season with a little salt and pepper, then pour into the pan. Cook over a low heat until the base sets (3–4 minutes). Place the pan under a hot grill to set and brown the surface.

* Slide a knife around the edge of the pan and carefully transfer the tortilla to a warm plate. Serve with a mixed green salad.

androbbob Thu 11-Nov-10 21:13:46

Sounds like everyone is managing ok - will be interesting to see the weight losses next week!

Now I need your help to point my lunch. I was on a course in Wigan at the Footie stadium and we were promised a light lunch. So I figured butties were the order of the day. Possibly salad garnish if I was really lucky! grin I had a light breakfast and even did a 40 minute cardio workout at the gym before going (10am start - fab!)

So, they served up pie and mushy peas! I kid you not! It was a mince and potato base with peas and carrots in and then a thin slice of pastry on top. It was probably about 2.5 inches square (was tasty). How on earth can I point that? The mushy peas were a sall portion and then there was

androbbob Thu 11-Nov-10 21:15:35

Blardy Laptop!

There was beetroot and red cabbage with it - all free I espect. There was also no dessert as well - which was ok from a diet point of view but the fellas werent too impressed!

I have had a light tea - home made soup and a spoonful of pasta left from the kids, so I am hoping not to have to eat into my 49 point allowance!

androbbob Thu 11-Nov-10 21:37:25

Harverina I would think you can use your normal daily points if you have them left - you can still point in a daily treat if needed, the slush fund is more for those meals out, takeaways, bottles of wine treats rather than a little Crunchie!

Wonder how many new PP's it is though!

Hello all. I've been a member of WW for 10 yrs next month during which time I have got to Goal, had 2 babies and fallen on and off the wagon a lot.

I got my ProPoints plan at my meeting this morning and wondered if I could join you lot please?

Age - 33
Height - 5ft 7in
Start Weight (April 08) - 12st 12.5lb
Current Weight (Nov 10) - 10st 11.5lb
Goal Weight - 9st 12lb

Got down to within half a pound of goal this year before losing the plot again. I'm really excited to get into this new plan as I think a fresh approach is what I need.

Can't wait to hear how you're all getting on.

Lucky2010 Thu 11-Nov-10 22:27:54

Havernina You can have the crunchie within your normal daily points allowance if it's still within points. Think of the 49 extra points as 'bonus points'...you can either dip into them if need be in the week if you want to go over your normal points allowance, or, like me, you can save them all for the weekend and have a blow out day of eating lots of yummy treats!!

Is a full size crunchie 3 pts or the funsize one?? (If full size, I will be buying some tommorow for a treat as I love crunchies!

Welcome sweetnessandshite and do please take a seat and join us <<pulls up a chair>>.

I managed to have 3 pts left today so just had some iced gems grin. Felt so naughty!!

I normally weigh myself at home on a Saturday morning, but my (new) WW meeting is Monday morning. Will be having a sneaky peak Saturday morning! Looking forward to seeing results.

Keep up the good work ladies!!!

Lucky X

Pinkjenny Fri 12-Nov-10 09:11:45

OK ladies, dh is going to the football tonight, so I need some inspiration in terms of what to cook myself for dinner. What is everyone having. My menu thus far is very dull.

Breakfast: Bagel 6
Lunch: Pitta 1.5 with WW soup
Dinner: ??????

I think I'm going to have turkey burger for supper with no points salad. Minus the roll.

Pinkjenny, is that a mini pitta? was shocked to point my lunch pitta yesterday at 3!

I'm at work today so that will be a fecking minefield. I've just had 30g of Fruit and Fibre with quarter of a pint of milk for breakfast and it filled me up more than I expected. Must be all that roughage!

I usually have baked potato from S.U.L but I don't know if I should seeing as a baked potato seems like public enemy number one as far as the new plan is concerned. The only thing is, potato is the only thing that really fills me up for hours. We have chocolate vending machines at work and I know that come 6pm if I'm hungry I WILL be buying KitKats from it I need to be full!

P.S I cooked the Italian One Pan Lamb from the blue pack on tuesday. Has anyone else made it? It was nice but felt weird having lamb with pasta.

TrinityTheTwattyRhino Fri 12-Nov-10 09:49:17

nothing wrong with potato, its is good and filling, have it with tuna and huge amounts of veg, mostly green

I'm pointing up my usual baked potato and beans (no butter) to be about 18 ProPoints! That seems excessive for baked potato!

TrinityTheTwattyRhino Fri 12-Nov-10 10:04:51

one 225g baked pot 8 points

one can of beans 5 points

where are you getting 18?

and really, this whole thing is about realising that your plate should be palm sized protein, handful of carbs and rest of plate veg/fruit

TrinityTheTwattyRhino Fri 12-Nov-10 10:10:20

cupcakes, take apples, satsumas and rice cakes with light sift cheese with you to work
no need to eat kitkats for hunger smile

Pinkjenny Fri 12-Nov-10 10:13:00

thighs - it was a WW pitta. Grim.

Trinity - is that half a can of beans?

TrinityTheTwattyRhino Fri 12-Nov-10 10:14:45

hmm maybe

205g can

thats not a real can is it

but then you only need half a can and then lots of veg
brocolli, cabbage, cauli, carrots, yum smile

Pinkjenny Fri 12-Nov-10 10:59:01

AAAAARRRRRGGGHHHH!!!! Everything I look at is really high!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

justabouttosellakidney Fri 12-Nov-10 11:13:52

I found that Iceland QuarterPounders were only 5 points, if that helps.

Right have just pro-pointed laughing cow extra light triangles and they come out at 0 per serving. Could this be true?

This is a yummy burger recipe btw

burger

Thighs - perhaps it is 0 pro-points for 1 but 1 pro-point for 2. In the "Shop" book it says extra light is 1pp for a 35g serving whereas the others are 1pp for an 18g serving. Is that the difference between 1 and 2 triangles?

I keep having to remind myself that although some things seem to be coming out a lot higher I also have a lot more points to play with so that balances it out.

GettingOn Fri 12-Nov-10 11:59:29

I've just signed myself up at ww, I like the look of the new propoints plan, it looks similar to what I was doing and successfully lost 22lb, but gained half of that over the summer and not been able to get back into it.

Bit confused about exercise points - I am on 29 per day, 49 to use throughout the week - I found a chart somewhere that says I can only have 4 exercise points a week confused I might have got that a bit wrong?

icancancan Fri 12-Nov-10 12:37:59

Hello all - I have loads to lose (completely lost the plot after ds born wrt food and wine). joined ww last week - only lost 1.5lb but did go out two nights and I guess its a step in the right direction. feeling more positive this week and taking inspiration from you all!!
I have been making some of the chicken noodle soup in the first week starter booklet but this week its changed to pro-points - does anyone know how many points a portion of this soup is now - it was two? Finding it good and tasty as a filler.

icancancan Fri 12-Nov-10 12:41:22

forgot to add - have been off the booze completely but how many points does a 175 glass of 13% wine have? the guide seems to do 125 glasses only and with xmas coming up I need to know grin.
finding it v difficult to use that wheel!

androbbob Fri 12-Nov-10 13:00:22

Itting here with my soup - 2PP, Activia Fat Free yoghurt 3PP and a satsuma and some grapes (6) left the rest of the bunch at home!

We have bacon butties at work on a Friday - I have two toast but it is so thickly covered in butter I have had to allow 5PP for the toast - was thinking about 4PP for the butter - does that sound fair?

Not sure about tea yet!

androbbob Fri 12-Nov-10 13:01:03

Sitting blush

HecateQueenOfWitches Fri 12-Nov-10 13:05:50

I'm a bit worried about the fruit. It claims to be free and all, but I'm sitting here munching on grapes and thinking "this can't be right"

HecateQueenOfWitches Fri 12-Nov-10 13:08:02

butter is 1pp for a teaspoon full. so 4pp = 20g. does that sound about what you had?

Hhmmmm ok see if you can figure this out;

1 35g mini pot of Philadelphia light = 1 ProPoint

30g of Philadelphia light (taken from larger tub = 4 ProPoints according to the online tracker yet 1 ProPoint when you calculate it. Surely it would be the 1 ProPoint as it's absolutely no different to the mini tub confused

So far today;

2 rashers of bacon
1 sausage
Scrambled eggs
1 grilled tomato
250ml tropicana orange juice

All that came to only 9 points and I was full for ages!

Dinner is spag bol and will be about 9-11 points depending how much pasta I fancy.

Lunch I'm thinking either WW soup with tuc crackers or tuc crackers with philli - I actually feel like I'm getting into the swing of it now and according to my scales it seems to working grin

Lucky2010 Fri 12-Nov-10 13:14:03

GettingOn I think they said at our WW meeting to not have more than 60 activity points a week, cos that would bascially mean you were doing far too much exercise. I may have rememebered that wrong, but it was something like no more than 7-10 pts a day (activity). Certainly not 4 a week anyway smile.

icancancan I'm not sure the % alcohol is taken into account, I think it's just red wine, white or rose. Dry white is slightly less. Medium glass 175 mls is 4 pts. That's almost a full pot of the avent breast milk storage pots (handy to measure out wine without having to look at markers, IYSWIM, I'm sure a few of us have some knocking around!). I measured it out the other day to have with my dinner and I thought it was a very generous amount, I actually ended up only drinking half and tipping the rest back in the bottle to save pts [shcok].

I had a cheeky weigh in at home this am and had lost 1.5lbs since Monday, which is amazing for me cos I usually lose 0.5 lbs a week, even being really 'good'. Actually rather sadly excited about proper WW meeting weigh in on Monday am!!

Just had 2 boiled eggs for lunch, with 2 slices of wholemeal bread with no marg as soldiers. Total 8 pts.

Feeling quite constipated from eating 2 bananas a day all week blush. Think I will have to eat 2 apples instead. I can't cope with being bunged up!!!

Just bought a big bag of maltesers in tescos for £1 (on offer). Whole bag 25pts, that'll be my sat night treat using my bonus pts!!

Lucky X

Lucky2010 Fri 12-Nov-10 13:17:05

I measured out with a cooking teaspoon measure a teaspoon of marg and it thinly spread but covered a whole slice of bread.

Lucky that's what our leader said too, aim for no more then 10 activity points a day.

Mmmmm Malteasers...... <<drools>>

Oh Norma, that sounds like a nice breakfast. Makes my fruit and fibre look very ordinary.
Do you use lean bacon and sausages? have you found any good ones. IIRC the WW sausages were pretty grim.

PP'd some NICE ham and turkey from Waitrose and only 1 point per slice.

androbbob Fri 12-Nov-10 13:26:58

Hectate - not sure as I havent seen them spread it - but it is thick bread and is soaked in butter - in the great scheme of things it doesnt matter too much as it is only once a week, but every little point counts!

Dont even go there with Malteasers! biscuit

I do exercise but dont count the activity points - I guess if I used all my daily points and then all my bonus ones then I may count them to enable me to have my tea for the night before the weigh-in, but I figure that they are not to be eaten!

I have finally read the whole pack now and seem to be getting on ok but its only Day 2!

Normsknockers - that is odd I agree but I reckon they cant get all the figures on-line right - is there an option ot contact them to query the error - I would go with the 1 PP obviously!! Have you recovered from Christmas last year (ssshhh the Secret Santa stuff.....)

GettingOn Fri 12-Nov-10 13:33:47

Thanks lucky... under the old system it was not to eat more than 13 points per week earned for exercise.

So - with propoints - if you earn 10 propoints per day in exercise - I suppose that means 10 points of food we can eat every day? confused that would be 5 digestive biscuits or something like a twix

I've already gone up to 29 points today, but at least any over I can take it off my 49 allowance. I had a large chocolate chip cookie and a cappuccino and I am not sure how many points would be in these. I've guessed 3 for the cappuccino and 8 for the cookie

Erm..... androbbob I think you're thinking of a different Norma grin

thighs - nope just ordinary bacon and sausages, Bacon is 1 point a slice and the sausage was 3. I usually buy Morrisons Eat Smart sausages as after trying almost every low fat sausage on the market they're my fav and taste really nice, but of late I've just stuck to the local butchers sausages as they're so much yummier!

Lucky2010 Fri 12-Nov-10 13:42:26

Few others have said waitrose low fat sausages very nice.

mmmwine Fri 12-Nov-10 14:05:01

FRUIT IS NOT FREE. You don't need to worry about it.

Our 'real' daily points total is actually a bit more than 29 (or whatever you're on) but they have subtracted a few to allow for the fact we'll be eating fruit. So, fruit HAS been incorporated into our points, it's just invisibly done.

The booklet that explains this has been handed out in meetings and so I don't know why people don't seem to be reading it!!

Ranting yes but so fed up of hearing "how can fruit be free?" when it's not - it HAS been allowed for, behind the scenes.... so chomp on the grapes and satsumas and don't worry about it!!

TrinityTheTwattyRhino Fri 12-Nov-10 14:26:21

mmmwine, I dont go to meetings, I have joined up online

its only been the new system for nearly a week, I have tried to read every single thing I can about the new system but haven't seen this

Ok mmmwine..although I haven't seen it either.

Who has some good dinner ideas? My DH is happy to eat this stuff, just needs an ENORMOUS portion.

I tend to live on grilled chicken/fish/etc with no points salads or veg. I can't do the pasta/rice thing as I can't trust myself to eat a sensible portion. Sigh.

Amanderrr Fri 12-Nov-10 14:52:04

Thighs ~ Waitrose Extra Lean Pork Sausages are so much nicer than the WW ones (My face involuntarily grimaces at the memory of the WW sausages) and are just 5PPs for two. I had three slices of WW Malted Danish bread (1PP each), plum tomatoes and two sausages for breakfast for 8PPs.

I didn't think about food until about 20 mins ago when I had a Cadbury's light chocolate mousse mixed with blackberries and rasberries for 2PPs. So I've had just 10PPs so far today.

Norma ~ Love the sound of your breakfast! I think that's my dinner sorted for tonight.

Going to keep points in the low 20s today. Need to redeem myself as I had a bit of a blow out last night with no idea how many points I used. Will just have to assume I used all 49 bonus points and have a frugal weekend.

HecateQueenOfWitches Fri 12-Nov-10 16:18:24

oi, mmm <slap> don't rant at me there, woman! grin

"HecateQueenOfWitches Thu 11-Nov-10 07:13:23
first day on the new pro points for me.

Last night at the meeting, I took one look at that wheel thing and went over and bought the calculator!

although they say fruit is free, it's not. they just rely on most people not wanting to eat loads in a day!

The new points thing has 'depressed' me this morning! 2 weetabix with a yoghurt (one of those feel full fat free danone shape thingie ones) and I always bung my whole daily milk alloance (1 pint skimmed) in at the same time, saves adding it tea by tea during the day, and it was TEN points!

weetabix 3
yog 2
1 pint skimmed milk 5
FIVE points for skimmed milk!

However, my points allocation is 45 per day. so I've plenty left."

I know about the fruit, honest!

I was just saying that it feels wrong to eat loads of fruit. Cos I know 0 doesn't actually mean 0

We're possibly going out for the day tomorrow with the DC and thank goodness I still have 37 of the weekly allowance left as lunch is most likely going to be fast food. Bit worried as we'll be having lunch out tomorrow, then dinner at the in laws on Sunday and my weigh day's Monday <<wobble>>

I'm just browsing the Eat Out guide for ideas and not as scary as I thought. With Piza Express is says that a classic margherita is 18 ProPoints, now I'm assuming that's for the entire Pizza as on the Pizza Hut section it has (per slice) in brackets but not on the P.E section - how would you take that?

Amanderrr Fri 12-Nov-10 17:22:17

Yes, the whole pizza as it used to be 11 points for a margherita on the old system at PE. PE is a life saver on WW when you want to eat out as you can order the margherita or Romana and then add mushrooms, onions and peppers for quite a substantial meal but no extra points.

I think they list as a whole pizza at PE and in slices at PH as it's how it's served. The pizzas are too small to share at PE. I'm a greedy guts though so feel free to disagree with me.

Haven't been to a PH for years but I remember the pizzas arriving sliced and you choose which size pizza you want so WW would have to print a whole book just to cover the points in all their pizza in all the various sizes.

This is very true about PH, I do love their buffet but I daren't go at the moment as I just scoff so much blush

Very impressed by the PE points values, how fab, I love their pizzas too and always feel stuffed after so a fab way to eat out as you say grin

For those worried about the points of fruit - I used to be on WW years ago on the old plan and never pointed my fruit. I ate loads but still lost 2.5 stone on it. I figured anything that healthy can't be bad! I also didn't point peas and sweetcorn either.

Lucky2010 Fri 12-Nov-10 17:51:08

What a great but obvious idea for pizza express to get a C&T pizza and then just add loads of free veg grin. We're going in a couple of weeks to use up our Tesco coupons that run out at the end of Nov. Still got £50 of coupons, don't want to waste them, so we're doing a 'what the hell, let's just go out without a reason to celebrate' night out. I was regretting this until recent posts grin.

working9while5 Fri 12-Nov-10 19:59:50

I know that we are really supposed to eat our weekly slush fund but finding it so hard not to see my elevated daily points total and think: "bad! bad! bad!"

Today had two slices of toast with light butter - 8 points
A skimmed milk hot choc and panini at Costa - 17 points
Pork Stirfry with noodles 11 points
4 crackers with 2 tbsp h/m hummous - 6
5 Haribo tangfastics - 3 points
Pineapple and Melon Medley - 0

That's 45 total (I get 36, so 9 point over). It's my first time using weekly points this week. Someone please just shake me and tell me it's okay and it's all accounted for and it isn't a terrible thing to do. I have 15 activity points to use too! Just feel weird about it..

collision Fri 12-Nov-10 20:20:49

I have so far lost 19lbs with WW and now am on PP.......bit confusing and all that!

today I had

60g branflakes with banana and skimmed milk = 6PP

2 crumpets = 4PP
Philadelphia cheese = 1PP

Muller Lite yog = 2PP
Plum
WW bar = 3PP

Dinner was lush. DH made a prawn and veggie broth thing with masses of veg and noodles = 6PP

Had a couple of ricecakes with philadelphia cheese too = 4PP

Total = 26 PP

Lucky2010 Fri 12-Nov-10 20:20:51

working come here now....<<shakes violently>>.....now sit down and chill out....it's fine. Esp cos you have extra activity pts.

Lucky2010 Fri 12-Nov-10 20:23:10

collison How much skimmed milk? You need to count it, quarter of a pint is 1 pt. half a pint (which is what I have on my bran flakes 60g) - is 3 pts.

My breakfast of 60g BF's and skimmed milk is 9 pts sad

collision Fri 12-Nov-10 20:42:00

Ok 3PP for milk

plus a WW bar now 32PP

working9while5 Fri 12-Nov-10 20:55:14

Thanks Lucky. I am a little dizzy after that, but I needed it grin

androbbob Fri 12-Nov-10 21:10:03

Working9while5 - look get back to basics - 49 points over a week is just 7 a day on average, so if you have had none today, then aim to use 5 tomorrow or 6 tomorrow and 6 on Sunday - they are there to use honest! I have used 3 of mine in two days <<preen>> but no doubt I will find some cake to eat over the next few days which will usea greater amount of them! Just Chill!!

Had a lovely lamb steak 7PP for tea with veg and 70g of oven chips 4PP - that gave me about 7 chips which was ok.

I feel proud today - I resisted twice the option to get a chocolate bar - th vending machine at work and then in the supermarket! usually would have stuffed two in on the way home (wonders why weight as it is....!). Not sure how they all work out points wise, but I will defo be having one after my weigh-in on Wed lunchtime!

Whats a WW Bar for 32PP please?

collision Fri 12-Nov-10 21:21:26

ooh no sorry!

Peanut WW bar is 3PP so I have now had 32 PP for today.

harverina Fri 12-Nov-10 21:54:14

Hi,

Not had a great day today...actually thats not true, it started out good then my DH and I went food shopping while I was starving and we got a tesco £10 meal deal - chicken kiev, potatoe and parmisan mash and a sponge pudding. Bad thing about it is that I am going out for dinner and drinks tomorrow night - I shouldnt have blown it tonight, now feel really guilty. Going swimming tomorrow and will make myself go for a long walk with the buggy (with my lovely DD in it of course) on Sunday.

Hate this horrible guilt sad

androbbob Fri 12-Nov-10 21:59:05

But just put it all behind you and start again tomorrow. That is where we all go wrong, thinking a blow out is the end for that week and go off the rails for the rest of the week, then not go to get weighed, and then start again two months later weighing a stone more.

So point up today as best you can and deal with it. Write it down and draw a line under it. Go out tomorrow and have dinner and drinks. Have fun but not go too mad. Have a few light days of eating - soups and salads and other low point stuff. Get out and do the exercise to compensate for the extra food.

Just dont beat yourself up about it.

Sorry - rant over - was trying to be positive!!!

androbbob Fri 12-Nov-10 22:01:23

And yes, your daughter is gorgeous! You should be a proud mummy.

Onwards and upwards grin

RiojaLover75 Fri 12-Nov-10 22:11:32

Ew! Don't under any circumstances try the WW lemon cheesecake <bleugh> had to give mine to DH. Artificial tasting and frankly yucky shock.

Lucky2010 Fri 12-Nov-10 22:20:30

Harverina I agree with all androbobb says. Don't beat yourself up over it. Get back on track tomorrow. Do some exercise and try and make healthier choices tomorrow night to make up for it. You'll feel more positive on Sunday then.

Some of the other school-Mums who are coming to same meeting as me were laughing earlier...."never leave the house without a banana and an apple now!"

I finally sorted out my esource thingy tonight.

DH also doing the new plan. He wants to lose about half a stone. He's been really ratty with me the last few nights. I'm guessing he's hungry. He has an active job and does 12 hour shifts, and exercises a lot but doesn't use his activity pts. I keep telling him to eat a bit more.

Talking of which, on the old WW, your pts allowance took into account how active you were on a daily basis???

Right, off to bed. A little peckish (sp??!).

My personal home weigh in in the morning.

harverina Fri 12-Nov-10 23:01:21

Thanks everyone...*androbobb* took your advice and tracked everything that I had and Im only 5 points over for the day so I am delighted. A bit annoyed at myself about the dessert - it was 10 points and was rotten. If it had been lovely it would have been worth it at least!

Thanks for your words of support...Im glad I went online and tracked what I ate properly. Dont feel so deflated now and will be able to get back on track with my excercise tomorrow...

By the way I am breastfeding so have extra points so it does make things a bit easier, although my craving for sugar can be unbearable sometimes and I think thats breastfeeding related.

Tomorrow night will try and be sensible. We have booked a deal with 5pm.co.uk...3 course so will pick the least fattening etc of all courses and no cocktails!

harverina Fri 12-Nov-10 23:04:24

Amend that...was 6 over as we used butter in our veg sad

Amanderrr Fri 12-Nov-10 23:45:58

Really overdid things with the fruit today and I have an awful tummy ache now. I know it says just eat until you're satisfied but honestly, I could eat bucket loads before feeling uncomfortably full. DP often asks where I put it all as he can't believe how much I can eat.

I ate 23PPs over the course of the day + a tinned of drained rhubarb, a tin of drained prunes, two apples, three clementines and a ton of grapes and for lunch I had a light chocolate mousse (2PPs) mixed with a punnet of rasberries and a punnet of blackberries.

Can I really have ALL that fruit (Ignoring the fact that I have a stomach ache to rival labour pains) and not have to allocate PPs for it?

On a positive note... The stomach ache has stopped me wandering into the kitchen and staring into the fridge for the last couple of hours. grin

That amount of fruit will probably result in explosive diarrhea so no need to worry as your body won't be digesting it all anyway wink

Just had half a pint of hot skimmed milk (3PP) with cinnamon stirred in (yum!) to round off my PPs nicely to 29. Ready for bed now.

Night all!

Amanderrr Sat 13-Nov-10 00:42:36

Well, that's something to look forward to.

I'm supposed to be taking DS3 to a party at a farm tomorrow morning. Oh joy.

Don't worry. I was only pulling your leg. Although I should think it'll keep you "regular" at least!

Sounds like we're all getting into the routine of it all, I feel like I'm finally 'there' now but I have to admit I was worried on Tuesday! I'll be very pleased if the scales show a loss too, hoping for 2lb at least!

Harverina, I know what you mean about the guilt feeling it's horriblw. Forget yesterday, focus on today it will be ok I promise, don't let that guilty feeling eat away at you. What's done is done, just move forward

Yesterday was a good day with some treats too;

2 rashers bacon
1 sausage
Scrambled egg
grilled tomatos
250ml orang juice - 9 ProPoints

WW tom soup
5 Tuc crackers
1 mini tub phili - 6 ProPoints

Spag bol - 9 ProPoints

French Fancy - 3 ProPoints
Crunchie - 3 Propoints

Mixed melon and red grapes - 0 ProPoints

So I was a point under whereas most days I've been dipping into my weekly allowance. We're off to London for the day today but I've packed my Eat Out guide and I have 37 weekly allowance points left as well as 8 activity points, I think I'll rack up a few more today as lots of walking grin

Amanderrr grin at all your fruit eating!

working9while5 Sat 13-Nov-10 09:19:40

I weighed myself today (official weigh in day) and have lost no weight since starting new plan sad.

I haven't made the best choices in some ways this week - too much processed meat grin - but I have a body fat analyser scales so can't kid myself it's "just water". It's fat. The same amount of fat as last week. No change. Status quo.

Oh no working, can you go to a meeting and have a chat with your leader about it? Maybe you need to change some meals around. hang in there.

I ordered the SHRED dvd yesterday too, I really want 10lbs off for xmas so I think I need the extra help. Does anyone else have it?

working9while5 Sat 13-Nov-10 09:31:12

No, I pay them enough money already! Also, I hate meetings. I know some of you probably find them really useful but I just can't stand the ritual humiliaton of it. I went to one last week to pick up the booklets and I just couldn't bear it. I don't need someone to weigh me to stay on track, really. I'm an old hand at this weightloss stuff, have done it many times independently and kept it off mostly (this is baby weight).

I felt I was eating too much despite sticking to the points and calculating everything and, lo and behold, I was. Will try it again this week and be saintly in my food choices but will go back to the old plan next week if no change.

Hey all. Im just checking in. Havent been well since thursday. I find im not eating all my points so to make up for it me and DH got some chips from the chippy on wendesday... BIG MISTAKE! They made me ill haha Was still under my points with them though so I have to seriously re-think what I eat!

Will catch up with everyone tomorrow when I have more time to read the thread smile

Amanderrr Sat 13-Nov-10 14:01:30

Working - Oh, how disappointing for you. sad Often I find that I have a brilliant week but don't see the full results of it until the week after so don't throw the towel in just yet. smile

InLove - Where is this magical chippy of which you speak? I want chips that make me ill! Seriously though, what are you eating that's keeping you full but under points?

Sweetness - No diarrhea as yet I'm happy to report. DP went to the farm though, just in case.

Scales not good today. Started new plan on Tuesday with a start weight of 9st 4lbs. Lost a lb overnight so was 9st 3lbs on Wednesday morning. However, this morning I'm 9st 5lbs. I've gained a lb since Tuesday. Fruit has yet to appear (That's probably tmi) so that gain might go when the fruit does.

Food so far today...

One slice of toast (Not WW) ~ 2PPs
Two clementines (Yes, more fruit. I'm a danger to myself really) ~ 0PPs

How's everyone else getting on? smile

Amanderrr Did you get some child-free quiet time while they were gone? That'd be a bonus!

Today I have had:

35g porridge oats (made with water) - 3PPs
containing an apple - 0PPs (yay!), 150g frozen summer fruits - 0PPs and 100g VLF plain fromage frais - 1PP

A banana - 0PPs

Just deciding what to have for a late lunch. DSs had toasted cheese and ham sandwiches which smelled delicious. Might do an omelette.

I really need to make the effort to drink more too. I just forget. Anyone else like that?

Amanderrr Sat 13-Nov-10 14:29:46

If only Sweetness! DS1 (17) went out when DP and DS3 (4) left for the farm. All good so far. DS2 (14) went to a sleepover last night and wasn't due home until 12.00. However, 10.30am he was back and asking for scrambled eggs.

Like you, I often don't have a drink until I'm really thirsty and then have 2 or 3 cups of tea in quick succession. The 0PPs fruit allowance should help keep fluid levels up though. smile

bigTillyMint Sat 13-Nov-10 17:26:56

Working It's the ritual humiliation at the meetings that I go for - nothing else works grin

Lucky2010 Sat 13-Nov-10 17:52:08

Amanderr I agree with you, I often have a really good week and the scales don't show it til the following week. I'm also different when I'm on or due on - heavier obviously, so I try not to stress about that.

I obsess about having a good poo before I weigh in - blush - seriosuly, it can make at least 1lb difference. I lay in bed massaging my tummy this morning, then sat on loo for 15 mins trying to go but couldn't hmm. I've def eaten more fruit and drinking lots of water so don't know how I'm not regular (sorry if this is TMI). I can only imagine that I am eating generally less so there is <<ahem>> less to come out?? It's very frustrating cos I'm sure I could knock another lb off if I could go satisfyingly, instead of doing cat poos.....so sorry, way TMI!!!

Having said that, I lost 1.5 lbs this week since Monday!! Now down to 10st 8.5lbs, lowest I have been in 5 years grin. I started this diet at the end of August so I've lost (7lbs). So happy to be near pre-pregnancy weight. It's def inspired me to keep going.

This week I've saved all my bonus pts for today and I think I'm gonna struggle to eat them!!!!

BF skmmmed milk - 9
Carrot & sweet pot soup - 4
2 large slices of bread - 8
homemade cupcake - 8
Prawns and rizzaz rice - 8
whole bag 175g maltesers - 25

Total eaten 62 pts out of 72 pts allowance!

I'm still stuffed after the soup and bread. So nice to feel full.

I agree with Amanderr - it takes a lot of fruit to fill me up. I mean really, fill up on a satsuma or a grapefruit???hmm. Bananas are the only fruit that fill me up and I've learnt my mistake of eating too many of those!!

Hope you are all enjoying some bonus pts today as it's the weekend??

Lucky2010 Sat 13-Nov-10 17:53:52

NB: I haven't eaten the dinner and maltesers yet, but that's my plan grin.

Evening all,

I've been freaking STARVING all day today.

Have eaten

B: Fruit & Fibre
Lunch: Turkey roll x 1 with lettuce 1 x quavers
Dinner: WW heinz chicken tikka with extra veg

Tipple: Vodka diet lemonade (much needed!!)

Snacks: Grapes, Apple, Banana and WW snack bar

I need to glug some more water I think. I think this 29 malarky is a struggle.

Sigh.

working - agree with others. I often have a weeks delay before a weightloss if i've been really good. Hope next week it shows on scales.

I couldn't do without my meetings. I really struggle if I can't go. The leader at my usual one is fantastic. Really motivating without being OTT. She's just normal and lovely.

Just out of interest how many old skool points was everyone on? I was on 21.

androbbob Sat 13-Nov-10 20:48:57

Another one here who is a week behind on the scales!

Had another good day today - jsut need to finish pointing up the beef stroganoff for tea - I had potato skins with it rather than rice - kids ate the insides earlier for tea so rather than waste them I troughed them - all 80g!! Had a rather light day today - fruit smoothie for breakfast 4PP and scrambled egg and pitta bread 9PP and packet WW crisps 2PP (about crisps in it!!), so that left 15 for tea.

Hoping for another good day tomorrow - all this pointing and tracking it seems to be keeping me on the straight and narrow.

Just need to plan the food for next week so can go to shops on Monday and get the exact stuff - trying to budget as well as diet!

justaboutanotherbirthdaycoming Sat 13-Nov-10 21:07:02

Just logging on to say thank you to all for explaining about the Pizza Express thingie - we had pizza tonight and it was WONDERFUL to be able to have a whole pizza without worrying about it.

Yum. Pizza! Hungry now...

<<wanders off to kitchen in search of 3PP snack>>

grin

Oh yum. Pizza. I'm still hungry. Have to send myself to bed to avoid temptation.

Fuuuuuuccccckkkk! Totally gone off the rails today. Went to ikea and had two jumbo hot dogs, yes that's two, and just had an Indian with DH. To be fair, I've been all over the shop today driving long distance etc and I still have twelve weekly PPs left until
Monday but feel very bad! Boo hoo!

Cupcakes, that's not going off the rails, if you're still within your weekly allowance that's absolutly fine. The fact that you pointed it all too is brilliant, please don't feel bad. You had a blow out but you're still within your allowance so don't fret - it's ok! Start today afresh grin

justabout, glad you enjoyed your meal out!

I'm another who's good week always shows the week after, no idea why, always been like that. It also happens that if I have a bad week it shows the week after too confused

Yesterday was, good I still can't believe I was able to eat what I did and not go off track;

0% greek yogurt with a handful of cereal, a spoon of syrup and some pomegranete - 5 ProPoints

McDonalds quarter pounder with fries - 22 ProPoints

6 Tuc crackers, 1 phili mini tub, 1 slice of bread, cucumber, peppers, cherry toms, 1 jaffa cake and one and a half cookies from Millies - 16 ProPoints

I also racked up 14 activity points yesterday (though I only logged 10) so even after all that and dipping into my weekly allowance earlier in the week I still have 25 weekly points left & 19 actvity points (won't use thouse though) just hope the scales don't object to any of that!

Cupcakes Agree with Norma. You pointed it all so no probs grin

Norma Yeah, the bad week thing is annoying because it's easy to forget you had a bad week the week before when you get on the scales feeling virtuous and don't get a result.

I just had smoked salmon & scrambled eggs on toast and a huge cup of tea for breakfast (10PPs). Now feel slightly sick!

Getting takeaway tonight but not sure what yet. I have the new eating out book but disappointed to see it no longer lists generic food like "kebab shops". It only lists actual menus from branded restaurants/takeaways. Will have to try esource.

Hope you all have a good day (opps nearly did a x then!)

Sweetness - I worked a chicken kebab out to be about 14 PPs as it's about 6 points for the pitta and about 7 for the amount of chicken they put in them

vnmum Sun 14-Nov-10 11:07:53

Hi, i have been doing the pro points plan since it was launched a week ago today. I'm not finding it too bad but i didn't use alot of convenience foods on the old plan and i think that is where they have put the points up.

I've also been spending alot of time reading the WW forum boards on the website and i have picked up a few things that may be of interest to everyone:

The online tracker values are not always correct CRUNCHIE says 3pp online but is actually 5pp off the label - always use the label if you have one.

Also there is some discrepencies between the eat out book and the eating out bit in the pocket guide with some things differing by 10pp between the two.

Mugshots are in the shop book as 1pp but are actually 7pp and i'm sure there will be others. alot of people on the WW boards are not happy with how inaccurate the values are and how the switch over hasn't been done well by weight watchers.

As for the plan itself, i wasn't really sticking to the old plan for the few weeks before the new plan and i had weighed myself and put on a pound. Between starting PP on sunday and my WI on thursday i had lost 2lbs smile. I find eggs are my saviour at lunch time, i seem to live on scrambled eggs on toast. I haven't really done a proper shop since starting so can't say if i'm finding it more expensive, i hope not coz i stopped doing SW coz it was too expensive to shop for and also coz i was eating tonnes and not really losing.

Anyway i did have a nice sweet treat last night:
1 meringue nest - 1pp
mixed berries and grapes - 0pp
2 tbsp asda low fat creme fraiche - 3pp

crushed the meringue, mixed all together - yummy!

also there is an app for android phones on the marketplace called propoints calculator, it's free and has a picture of what looks like an ice cream sundae - do not use the one with the picture of a heart, it doesn't work.

sorry for the essay smile

Amanderrr Sun 14-Nov-10 13:45:51

Lucky ~ "I obsess about having a good poo before I weigh in" grin That made me smile. Just to keep the theme... That fruit has yet to appear.

I've had one egg and two WW toasts this morning for 4PPs and we're having roast turkey and veggies for lunch/dinner (Linner? Dunch? Will just be having the one meal) later. Not very keen on roast potatoes or stuffing so I'm happy to just a have a few slices of meat then strap on my climbing gear and get stuck into a mountainous plateful of veggies.

Justanotherbirthday ~ We went to PizzaExpress yesterday too. I had the Fungi Di Bosco pizza with added onions and peppers (Three strips of red pepper! I'm going to smuggle my own in next time. Three? Why bother?) and a plain mixed salad which totalled 20PPs. Then one of the Dolcetti (Spelling?) coffee things for pudding. One scoop of coffee ice cream 3PPs and an Americano. Sounds a lot doesn't it, 23PPs for one meal but it's nice to eat out without worrying.

Boring dinner companion that I am I was reading through the Eat Out book while we were in PE and er, entertaining DP and DS2 and DS3 with a 'Guess how many PPs are in' game. Guess how many PPs are in a TGIFriday Monteray Jack burger? It's quite shocking. 78! 78PPs in one burger. How? Why? If you are going to have one though you might as well round the meal off with Dirt Cake (Sounds appetizing) for pudding. 35PPs!

Cupcakes ~ If you've still got 12 bonus PPs to use up by tomorrow you're doing something right despite the hotdogs and curry. Let us know how your weigh in goes tomorrow. smile

Sweetness ~ I was on 18 "Old skool" points and found they didn't go very far and would rather have WW toast than fruit so I love that fruit is PPs free now. How are you finding the new PPS compared to your 21Ps?

How's everyone else getting on today and when's your weigh in? My official day is Tuesday but I scales hop daily. Back down to 9st3lbs this morning here thank goodness. If I can stay at this weight for Tuesday I'll have lost a lb. Wish the rain would stop then I'd take the dogs for a run and treat myself to a bag of minstrels.

froot Sun 14-Nov-10 16:43:49

I am confused about the activity points (actually I am confused about a lot of it confused!!)

Can anyone tell me how many APP they would guess there would be for half an hour on a treadmill (varying incline, alternating 2 mins running with 2 mins walking)

Thanks...

justaboutanotherbirthdaycoming Sun 14-Nov-10 16:47:52

Hmm, well it is Sunday night, day 7 and I apparently have 30 PP points I haven't used.
Think I'm going to play it safe for now. I find it hard to believe I will lose weight if I spend tonight pigging out on chocolate...

hmm, that sounds tempting...

froot - to give you an idea 30 minutes of brisk walking earns 3 activity points so I would say 4 because of the alternating between walking and running.

My official weigh in is tomorrow evening, according to my scales I've lost about 2lb but I don't want to get my hopes up incase it's not.

Another good day here, still have 13 PPs of my daily allowance left plus 25 weekly and 19 activity shock Can't believe I was worried at the beginning of the week grin

collision Sun 14-Nov-10 18:21:02

Oooh am very very angry if Crunchies are 5PP because I stocked up on them cos they were only 3PP!

Am trying really hard and just pray I have lost weight on Wednesday.

Having a WW meal tonight that I found in the freezer with extra free veggies and that works out to 6PP. smile

Today I have had

Weetabix x 2 = 3PP
Sk milk 1pt = 5PP

Rice cakes x6 = 4PP????
Philadelphia lite 3PP
salad
fruit = 0

CRUNCHIE 3PP (but could now be 5 angry)

Dinner will be 6 PP

Had some beetroot today that I thought was free but was actually 2 PP

Total 28 PP smile

Eeek! Today was "home-made soup" day! I maybe should have started with something simple. I did the recipe out of the blue folder. It turned out ok but it tastes funny but that might be because Ive never had butternut squash before! Next week = something more tasty lol

Im very happy though as my light choices cranberry and raspberry juice is only 1 point for the whole carton, woo grin

I dont understand the activity points. I have done 38 this week but it would have been more if I was on the WiiFit everyday. Are we ment to use these?

Tomorrow im going to make pasta salad with prawns in it to try and bulk out my points. Still not eating enough. I weigh in tomorrow and I havent touched my 49 extra points yet! Going to have to ask about that.

bigTillyMint Sun 14-Nov-10 18:23:24

justabout, me too. I don't see how you could eat that many points and still lose weight....

Norma, my skinny jeans definitely feel less tight than last Sunday, so fingers crossed for tomorrow evening for me too!

Lucky2010 Sun 14-Nov-10 18:27:06

Managed an afternoon at SILs avoiding flapjack and biscuits for 3 clementines and a spoonful of baked beans smile/

Planning to earn some activity pts tonight, we have a spinning bike at home.

Norma how on earth did you rack up 14 activity pts in one day?? What did you do? <<grabs notebook and pen>>

I too have several bonus pts left, but gonna just have a small treat later and not go mad.

FiveGoMadInDorset Sun 14-Nov-10 18:31:22

Not new to WW but new to PP, I have all the old recipe boojs and have tried to find the new points for th recipes, any help?

Lucky2010 Sun 14-Nov-10 18:32:44

Five I think you can get them off the website?
I have the same problem. I haven't tried yet but I'm sure someone said so on this thread.

Collison - according to the online tracker they are 3 but when you calculate the points they are 5 I'm annoyed as I've had 2 in the past few days and only counted 3, at least I have my weekly allowance to fall back on!

InLove - I asked about the weekly allowance at my meeting as I was curious about several aspects. My leader advised me that you don't have to use them if you don't want and also that if you don't use any of them one week but the following week you do you won't gain weight. She was very confident in that....not sure I am though wink

Lucky - I walked round London for about 5 hours as 3 of the tube lines were down and the others were too crowded to get on grin

Fanny if you go to the website you can request a leaflet for some of the recipe books with the new points values in.

Um yeah (has sceptical mask on!) Im ending up 7-8 points under my daily allowance each day so using or not using the 49 isnt an issue right now.

I am also having an unhealthy love affair with curly wurlys. They are the same ammount of points as the ww victoria sponge cakes (which I also love) but know which one I would rather have lol

Amanderrr Dodgy chippy is in Cardiff lol Im not a very big eater. Also it doesnt help that im eating fruit for my breakfast. Will have to change that... But normally eating breakfast makes me feel sick!

This eating fruit malarky is definatly keeping me on the bog blush

Old school points: Was on 28.

Sorry for multiple posts lol Reading the thread in another window then replying!

froot Sun 14-Nov-10 20:09:37

Normasknockers - its my weigh in tomorrow night too...I was hoping to have lost 2 but it' fells like it has been bloody hard work this week, even though now I can award myself double the activity points I had been (I had thought 2 for 30 mns on the treadmill -yipeee) I am well under this week. I would hope it was a delayed reaction and would have paid off the following week - but I have a gourmet weekend in Brighton next weekend so i can see it all going down the pan then...

But I will continue with vigour until Thursday, write off the weekend then dstart again the following Monday - I am determined not to let the new plan beat me!!!

androbbob Sun 14-Nov-10 20:10:31

I dont bother with activity points - I do exercise but dont count it. I have dipped into my weekly points today by about 10 - we shared a bag of maltesers while watching Toy Story! I did split them out into three bowls rather than dip hand into bag!!

Bee ok with food today - only had one roast potato with tea and a mountain of veg - my scales suggest a 2lb loss and it is Time of the Month, but I am trying sooooo hard as I usually lose in the first two weeks and then it falls off where I yo-yo around the place. With Christmas being 41 days away (according to Ebay) and seeing as I have bought my outfit for christmas day in the sales.......I need to lose at least half a stone for it to be more comfortable. My DD (8) says it looks ok but it is a bit more fitted than I would like! Only a jumper dress, nothing too special.

Got a double exercise class tomorrow - DS to nursery then to gym for Cardio Kick and then Yoga - puts me in a good mood, for the rest of the day and I try to eat healthily so I dont undo the good!

Hope everyone else had a good weekend!

LeeWT Sun 14-Nov-10 20:25:07

hi all, have just seen this thread and could do with some moral support..

DS is 6 weeks old and has colic, i have a 3yr old dd and a toddler of a dh ;-) at the moment i am getting about 4 hours sleep a night which leaves me wanting dominos all the time! I signed up to ww 2 weeks ago but they arent launching the propoints plan til jan which I'm grr about. i wish there was a way to get the info some other way..

anyway i have stones upon stones to lose but my initial target is 1 stone by xmas as i have two weddings to go to, i lost 3.5lbs the first week but this week hasnt gone well!

Grateful of all tips u gals might have!

froot Sun 14-Nov-10 21:19:53

Good luck LeeWT hard for you when you are feeling knackered due to lack of sleep. I remember those days "tired" doesn't even seem the right word to use - there should be a whole new vocabulary to express that sort of exhaustion.

If you have signed up already - just go for it on the old plan - loads of us seem to have lost weight on that plan over the last 15 years so it's a good plan - this one is just different!

My dh has decided to join me (should be interesting ha ha) anyone know how many points an average man is allowed per day (ballpark figure will do- can't imagine for a moment he will stick to it wink)

androbbob Sun 14-Nov-10 21:43:16

I think it is 49 from what I have read, as well as the 49 weekly ones! Would get a shed load of food for that!

harverina Sun 14-Nov-10 22:03:31

Hi everyone, sounds as though you are all getting on well with the new plan. I was out last night as planned. 3 courses plus several cocktails. Really enjoyed myself so not going to beat myself up about it. Was good before I went out, but to be honest I wouldn't know how to count the points I had last night so I can only assume that I went over my daily and weekly allowance. I have eaten loads today. Have no points left so I am going for a bath to divert me from the kitchen! I am on 44 points, 7 of these are because I am still breastfeeding. Feel thats its too many points to eat and lose weight but my leader has told me to fat them so will see how the next few weeks go. You all sound like you are doing great with excersize, well done! I have done none...swimming tomorrow though.
Really annoyed about the crunchie points. Hope that e source isn't inaccurate for lots of other things as I am using it alot to work out points angry
My official weight in is on wednesday night. Good luck to those of you getting weighed tomorrow smile

Amanderrr Mon 15-Nov-10 01:13:40

Froot ~ Re points for men: My DP re-joined WW last Monday and is on 50PPs per day plus the 49 weekly bonus points. He weighed 18st 12lbs last Monday and is 5'9" and needs to lose about 5st. I just asked him what the lowest PPs per day a man should have is but he doesn't know, sorry. I hope he gets good results at his weigh in tomorrow as it'll keep him motivated. I'll keep you posted.

InLove ~ Cardiff is about 170miles away from here. Would a 6hr round trip to buy chips be a bit extreme? It'd be worth it if it put me off chips for life.

Discovered Atkins bars today. Bought a Chocolate Hazelnut Crunch one this afternoon. Huge bar (60g) but just 6PPs. Very filling too. I ate half when I bought it and then the other half tonight with a cup of tea. Absolutely delicious and much better than the Minstrels I'd be daydreaming about.

Good luck to all facing the scales tomorrow. smile

justaboutanotherbirthdaycoming Mon 15-Nov-10 08:09:17

Well I'll be the first to 'fess up - I did lose, thankfully, about a kilo. Went from 77.6 ro 76.6. Do however feel an idiot, because I had to weigh myself twice, I am wearing a really heavy top and trousers today and they were a kilo!

Well done Justabout.

DH made me a lovely spicy minestrone soup last night, just one handful of pasta so will PP it at 1. And have loads leftover for the hunger pains today.

Today will be:

B: Fruit and Fibre
L: Soup, 1 slice bread, ham & salad
D: Spicy lean sausages in tomato sauce with small portion of brown rice

S: ww bar, apples, grapes, coffee, diet coke

My weigh in is Wednesday. I haven't touched my extra 49 this week, but I have a lovely meal out on Wednesday night planned with friends and then a friend for dinner on Saturday so figured I could do without.

Good luck everyone

vnmum Mon 15-Nov-10 11:02:30

well i am struggling today, i am already over all my points after the weekend. I had chop suey roll and chips from chippy on friday and had wine for the first time in ages and managed to drink the bottle blush so thst was most of my 49 points gone. then i made the mistake of baking cakes at home, i made vanilla butterfly cakes with chocolate buttercream and it was rude not to try one but then one led to another, then another. They were 6pp each so i am now over all points allowances by 14pp!!

I really need to get running and shredding this week to earn some exercise points to counteract my bad behaviour but i'm lacking in motivation at the mo

Amanderrr Mon 15-Nov-10 11:38:39

Well done Thighs! grin

Vnmum - Like you, I like baking cakes but just can't leave them alone. I haven't baked for a few weeks now as I know cake is my downfall.

"I really need to get running and shredding this week to earn some exercise points to counteract my bad behaviour but i'm lacking in motivation at the mo" What's stopping you? Is it the weather? Just doing some walking would help so if there's a shopping centre near you leave your purse at home and go for a brisk window shop out of the rain. I was amazed to read in another post yesterday that a 30min brisk walk earns you 3 activity points! You could walk off those extra 14PPs in a few hours so don't panic. smile

I was 9st 3lbs again this morning so still a lb less than last Tuesday. I know this is tmi but I've only er, 'gone' once since Wednesday and that was nothing to write home about. I've eaten piles of fruit and had a stupid amount of veg yesterday but again, nothing today. Stomach is very hard and heavy so I'll take a Senacot pill tonight if nothing happens today as I'm starting to feel uncomfortable.

Is anyone else having this problem? I wonder if it's due to all the eggs.

Amanderrr Nah just come for a visit! Its a beautiful city so well worth it smile Ill show you around lol

Its my WI tonight. Bit nervous about it to be honest, but we'll see how it goes. Going to ask about not eating my daily points, hopefully will get a good answer.

Between this place, 2 friends on FB and doing a blog on the esource website, and having a new plan has kept me really motivated <--- (have I worded that right?) Just wanted to say thank you to you all really grin

I dont know anyone where I live so its good that I have places to go if I need a kick up the bum or some motivation. Oh and I recommend (sp?) doing the blog on ww if you dont already. Its a good way of getting everything out there lol

vnmum Mon 15-Nov-10 14:02:05

amanderrr i got my arse into gear and did a 20 min run and 20 min shred so that earned me 7 exercise pp!!! If i do another 40mins high intensity tomorrow i will be straight smile I was going to do shred and zumba tomorrow so that should do it.

i tell you though, it's the first time i've shredded in ages so was back as a new start but i could hardly lift my arms to wash my hair in the shower.

I too have similar bowel issues too. i did on the old plan and i put it down to not enough fruit but on the new plan i'm eating and banana a day and usually a couple of eggs so maybe thats it. I usually take a senakot max strength 1 or 2 days before my WI just to make sure.

androbbob Mon 15-Nov-10 14:04:25

InLove good luck for WI tonight - sure it wiull be fine! I need the support as my class is just an express weigh-in only - so no leader chat. Stll charge us the same though!

harverina - keep with it - i am sure the powers at WW have worked out the breastfeeding allowance right, but if you think it is too much, then just half the extra and see how that is. I too weigh in on a weds.

justabout - well done - a kilo - isnt that over 2lbs? Onwards down the weightloss traock!

Vnmum - oh well - dont make cakes next week then! Just get out for a walk - even a small one will make you feel better - just eat light over the next few days - what dsay is your WI?

Amanderrr - perhaps too much fruit ey? Perhaps lay off for a day or so umtil you 'go' - it has to come out sometime! I find a good chinese meal from the takeaway clears me out - but not very diet friendly! My motherc cooking also has the same effect - I kid you not!

I have been ok today - got 19 left for tea - busy playing with DS and the play food (he is so cruel!) Had WW wraps for lunch - one as 3 PP and had light laughing cow cheeases, salad and a thin slice of ham. Got a yog for 3 O'clocks which is 6PP - better be worth it!

vnmum Mon 15-Nov-10 14:38:34

androbbob my WI is thursday morning. How much did you point for your ham? it's just that on the online tracker it says 30g wafer thin ham is 1 pp BUT upto 50g is still 1pp. It only goes upto 2pp when you get to 60g. very handy to know i thought smile

Fiddledee Mon 15-Nov-10 16:31:17

Think this is a far far easier diet now we can eat fruit and much healthier. I only have 29 points and I went to bed hungry last night and still ate 34 points although covered by exercise of the day.

Can I jump on here please, I was sort of not really doing WW online, messing with SW but when I heard about the new plan I thought it sounded a bit better than both. I was quite enjoying SW but it just feels like you can eat too much.

The only glaring error I've seen so far is that 2 ryvitas (60 cals) seem to have the same value as a mug shot (instant pasta in a cup) which has 300 cals in it. That cannot be right.

I have to weigh myself in the morning, but I have gone over my weekly allowance by going to a gig and having 3 pints last night. blush

Furball Mon 15-Nov-10 18:57:11

I've decided to join tomorrow

Am I going to be confused.com?

working9while5 Mon 15-Nov-10 19:36:04

Ah, bugger! Had one of those prepacked fresh portions of pineapple today and apparently it is... 6 points! My dh went mad at me when I said "God, I wouldn't have eaten it if I'd known" as he thinks any diet that makes you fret about eating a punnet of pineapple is OTT, especially as we were about to cook dinner and I announced I couldn't have what we'd planned.

Bugger bugger bugger bugger bugger. Grr. Etc.

Good luck with WI's people!

Furball, not really. They've whacked up your daily allowance, increased points for most things, and given you fruit free. Plus a general weekly bonus of 49. Welcome, btw.

Hello Bint, and welcome.

BananaGio Mon 15-Nov-10 19:39:19

1 week in and lost 5 pounds hurrah! I love WW and had a (3 point) crunchie to celebrate!

froot Mon 15-Nov-10 19:45:45

OMG Bananagio well done...I lost 1 1/2 - a 'sensible' amount i know but was secretly hoping for more. Especially as gourmet weekend away in Brighton coming up this weekend and will be eating and drinking and forgetting all about PP's and WW for 3 nights and 4 days! grin

Lucky2010 Mon 15-Nov-10 19:48:13

I had my official weigh in this morning and was shocked but delighted ot have lost 4.5 lbs!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I have never lost that much in a week. AND I didn't exercise last week as had stinking cold! I was on such a high all day and it's really motivated me. I am def gonna continue. I was less hungry today so body must be getting used to it. Went shopping and 2/3 of trolley was fruit and veg grin.

Our leader said today that when she started this plan, she noticed that the weeks she used her 49 bonus pts she actually lost more weight. I certainly had a good few treats on Saturday and used most of mine but still lost. So very happy grin.

Good luck all of you with your weigh ins, and ditto on the thank-you for the online support.

BananaGio Mon 15-Nov-10 19:50:57

Well done! Thats how I feel Lucky! Dont know how long will last but at the moment am feeling really motivated. Froot I think I only lost that much because think have put that much on quickly in the last few weeks as had upped my eating by a serious amount! Am sure it'll slow down now.

harverina Mon 15-Nov-10 20:12:43

Hi everyone,

Well done on all the weight loss!

I am scared to get weighed this week after my weekend but will keep going even if it is bad news...have no plans for this weekend so no reason why I can't be "good"

working9, how did you find out about the points? I thought that all fruit was free unless in syrup?

Had a reasonable day today...have 9 pp left and plan on having a bowl of cocopops after my hot bubble bath. Although I am within my points I have eaten quite alot of bad things...had a 2 finger kit kat, 3 ginger nuts and a crunchie...all within my points but not exactly good food choices. Since I started breastfeeding I have had the sweetest tooth. Sometimes the cravings are unbearable. Need to try hard to make better choices...like fruit! Have had none today blush

Made butternut squash soup last night and it is delicious. Roasted the squash which makes it really tasty.

Hope you are well. Stay strong!

Furball Mon 15-Nov-10 20:14:53

thanks thighsmadeofcheddar - I'll pop along tomorrow and get all the bumph.

I'll stick around here too - it's all very positive, which is always a booster.

androbbob Mon 15-Nov-10 20:29:07

vnmum - I counted the ham as 1PP but only had two slices out of a pack of 113g - I calculated 100g to be 3PP so probably could have had another two slices!

working - that doesnt make sense with the pineapple as if you had eaten 3 bananas that would have been points on the old plan, so the pineapple should have been free - unless I havent read the free fruit thing right!

banana, frut and lucky - well done on your losses! Good to see it all works (no reason why it shouldnt but still!!)

I still have 1.5days left before my lunchtime weigh-in - so hope there are no cakes in the office tomorrow! I have no cash in my purse so at least the vending machine wont be seeing me!

Pineapple is free on the pro-points!

I had my weigh in. I have lost 2.5lbs!! Woohoo! Well chuffed with that. Thats 6lbs in 2 weeks.

I was a little worried as I keept going under points and didnt know how that would affect my weightloss but it turns out that it doesnt matter that much.

I was told, if you dont eat all of your points, its ok, just as long as you hit over 29. Below 29 and your body isnt getting what it needs to function everyday. so thats put my mind at rest! smile

Hello and welcome to the thread to those that have joined us grin

Congratulations to everyone that has lost so far too!

PictureThis Mon 15-Nov-10 20:56:44

Hello all, can I join?

I started 3 days ago. Finding it ok so far. Even managed to squeeze in some chocolate after dinner and still have 4 points to use. The only problem with being on any kind of eating plan is that it makes me think about food constantly!

bigTillyMint Mon 15-Nov-10 21:18:26

Well done Inlove! I just had my weigh-in and I have lost 2lb, and it's the time of the month!

My daily propoints is 29, so surely I shouldn't be going over that every day? One woman who had not used any of her 49 extra propoints had lost 4lb!!!

harverina Mon 15-Nov-10 21:26:57

Welcome picturethis! I feel the same as you...following any kind of plan makes me obsessed with food. To the point where I get greedy and fail to see when i'm full enough...i get excited when I can eat lots for little points. Last night I had a huge dinner, then an alpro choc dessert. Ate dinner at 9pm so that should have been me finished for the day but all I could think about was the fact that I had no points left. Went to bed with a big cup of tea to try and stop myself from eating. I think that I have to keep some pro points for later in the evening as its a bad time for me when I could easily ruin all my good work and pig out sad
Well done ILWdavidtennant! Great news smile

PictureThis Mon 15-Nov-10 21:39:21

I know, I'm sat here thinking that I've got a WW chocolate mousse in the fridge. It keeps calling my name. I get far too excited about what I can have too then I want it all at once.

working9while5 Mon 15-Nov-10 21:55:48

ILWDT, apparently if you have 50g of fresh pineapple from Sainsbury's it is 2 points but if you have it from a can in juice it is 0 hmm? Prepackaged diced fruit from a supermarket has much higher points than 0 on pp, I checked and doublechecked!

working9while5 Mon 15-Nov-10 21:56:33

Congrats on positive weigh ins btw! envy

Amanderrr Mon 15-Nov-10 22:29:43

Oh, you've all done brilliantly. Well done! grin So good to see this is working so well but no one is starving.

DP lost 3.5lbs at his weigh in earlier this evening. The first time he joined WW a few years ago he lost 11lbs the first week and then 2 or 3lbs a week after that and the last time he joined he lost 6lbs in the first week so he was expecting to lose a little more than 3.5lbs this time. I'm surprised too as he's been so disciplined this week. Still, it's a good loss and any loss is a move in the right direction. I really hope he sticks with it this time!

PPs wise I've had a good day...
2 lean sausages with WW toast and tomatoes ~ 8
Small Atkins bar ~ 3
Low fat choc mousse ~ 2
1 egg, tomatoes and WW toast ~ 6
WW peanut bar ~ 3
=22
+Rhubarb, prunes, apple, grapes and 3 clementines.

Weighing in tomorrow morning. Fingers crossed.

Lucky2010 Mon 15-Nov-10 22:42:19

I checked out pineapple on the esource website as I was trying to pro-point an old WW recipe and there is a huge variation for pineapple depending on whether it's tinned etc. I guess fresh pineapple would be free??

pineapple

Lucky2010 Mon 15-Nov-10 22:54:30

P.S. Well done everyone on your weight losses!!

gingernutlover Tue 16-Nov-10 07:54:07

I thought all fresh and tinned fruit (with juice drained) was free??

Am concerned now as I had canned peaches last night.

I have been lurking for a while, started ww about 4 weeks ago and have only lost 4.5lbs so far, but tonight is my first WI since starting the propoints plan and I am really hoping to make it to my first seven pounds

mindermummy Tue 16-Nov-10 09:30:37

i am struggling with finindg out how many points things are???

i didnt get the calculator but def will this week.

Is there anywhere you can look up the NEW points value of things? cant see it on the web site?

thanks

mamadiva Tue 16-Nov-10 09:34:42

Hi all started this last week v.confusing lol but will get into it eventuallly and yes will be buying the calculator

I have the shop/eat out if anyone needs a hand just ask and I will pass on.

mindermummy Tue 16-Nov-10 09:46:15

what is walkers lites crisps please?

and a digestive choclate biscuits(light).

thanks.xxx

DexterMorgan Tue 16-Nov-10 09:59:15

Hi All

Can I join? I started PP last week but put ON a pound. Feeling cross and de-motivated so thought some online support might help!

I stuck to my allowance and had 10 points left over so am a bit flumoxed really. All I can think is that it's because I over indulged the week before so my body is taking its time catching up

I recently lost 3 stone with WW, but put another half a stone back on recently. I'm totally determined to loose that last stone and a half to reach my goal but finding it tough. Thought it would be easier once I had less to use but it's tons harder for some reason!

Hello all,

I've been awol as I've been illing but it looks like losses all round?

I couldn't get to my weigh in last night which I was gutted about but I was just to ill, according to my scales I've lost between 2-3lbs (although today they say I've lost 6-7 but that's down to being ill not through being very good!!) I might pop to a meeting tonight just to try and keep things ticking along

How's everyone finding it now?

mindermummy Just typed in walkers lite on the website and it said 3 points per bag. All I could find WRT the buscuit was "Biscuit, Digestive, Chocolate, Milk or Plain - 2 (per biscuit). So I think someone will have to double check these but at least you have a rough idea.

DexterMorgan Hello and welcome! Dont worry about putting 1lb on. Its a new week with a new start. Focus on getting back on track and moving forward. Dont let the little gains get you down... It happens to all of us smile Congratulations on losing 3st. Thats fab

NormaS Dont worry about being ill. I was ill last week and I still managed to lose. As long as you're eating at least 29 points a day (I know eating when ill is hard) you should in theory still lose. Im finding it very good still. Very motivated right now.

Im still very confused aout the pineapple lol

I had bacon and mushrooms for breakfast this morning. Its a bit of a shock to the system! but it was very yummy. I also brought the calculator and the pedometer last night so it should make things easier... And I wont have to get that stupid fecking wheel out when shopping!!

Really suffering with my back today. Can hardly move so am sat on the sofa with a hot water bottle so I dont think ill be very active today sadly.

TrinityTheTwattyRhino Tue 16-Nov-10 11:19:42

I weighed yesteday (monday is my hoson weigh day, I'm doing it online)

I've lost 2 lbs

so 7lbs in two weeks, cant beleive it and think its a fluke

had a crap day today

doubt I'll lose this week unless I get a grip

WHICH I WILL

Oh I'm not worried about not loosing as I know I have, I just don't like not going to the meetings grin There's a meeting just down the road tonight so might pop along to that one. Hope your back's better soon

Trinity well done on the loss, that's brilliant. Get back on track from now, you can do it, log what you've eaten today and see where you are. Can you have something very low for dinner perhaps?

TrinityTheTwattyRhino Tue 16-Nov-10 11:43:44

I have 15 points left for today

what can I have thats low for dinner?

chicken, pots and tons of veg??

That could work nice and filling too or soup with crackers? Or a vegetable stir fry with a small amount of noodles in? Homemade pizza with lot of veggies on and a big salad?

Amanderrr Tue 16-Nov-10 12:17:17

DexterMorgan - A few of us said a few posts up that we often don't see the results of a good week until the following weigh in so stay on track this week and you should see a good loss.

NormaShockers - 6/7lbs off. Bloody well done you! It doesn't matter that it's "down to being ill" as it's off! Don't make the mistake I often make when a virus sees off a few lbs and over eat for a few days afterwards as a 'treat' for missing out on good food because I felt ill. Good luck at the weigh in later. Let us know how it goes.smile

MinderMummy - Had a look in the shopping guide and a light Mcvities choc digestive is 2PPs. A normal choc disgestive is 2PPs too but the normal ones might work out at more PPs per 100g than the light ones. Walkers lights crisps vary. Simply salt are 2PPs a bag but Cheese and onion are 3PPs. HTH.

Re crisps... Walkers Quavers are just 2PPs per bag any flavour. Sharwoods plain poppodums are just 1PP each (9g). Really good alternative to crisps when you need a savoury crunch.

Trinity - 7lbs in two weeks is fab! Well done you.

InLove - Sorry to hear you're struggling with your back today. Have a lovely snuggly day on the sofa and hopefully you'll feel better soon.

GingerNutLover - I think we were on a "Lose 7lbs before Christmas" thread together a couple of years ago? Don't worry if you don't remember or I've got the wrong person (Prob lots of names on here with Ginger in). Not sure what to think about the PPs in tinned fruit. Had a look in the shopping guide and my Waitrose rhubarb is is 6PPs. Peach halves in light syrup is 7PPs. I don't know if that means drained or if you drink the syrup too. I drain and then rinse all my tinned fruit (Too sweet otherwise) so I hope that isnt' the drained PPs. If anyone is at a meeting today could they PLEASE ask the leader to clarify?

Well, I'm still 9st 3lbs this morning. So a loss of 1lb. I'm pleased though as I think I'll see good things next week. I feel so much more in control of my eating now and I haven't been going to bed fretting about how much cake and chocolate I've eaten and whether or not I'll ever be able to stop!

Stats after 1 week...
Height ~ 5'4". Still the same. Must do better and become Supermodel height by next WI.
Start weight ~ 9st 4lbs.
Weight now ~ 9st 3lbs.
Goal ~ 8st 10lbs (Or thereabouts)

Just made lunch for the next 3 days. Pasta salad. In it I put mayo (hellmanns lighter than light!), pasta, prawns, cucumber and spring onions. Went by the pocket guide in our blue ww folder for the points and measurements. Went to add it online and the pasta (white, dried) is pointed different.

In the pocket guide it says 150g is 4 points but then online it says 60g is 6 points.

Eek! If its the second one then I probably wont be making it again. I dont understand why they say completely different things.

Oh and talking of crisps. Pom-bears are also only 2 points. Will be looking into other crisps at the weekend so will let you know what I come up with grin

bigTillyMint Tue 16-Nov-10 12:48:16

Just looked in my propoints Shop book, and it says fresh fruit(200g) from Sainsbos is 0 propoints, so I reckon fresh pineapple is covered by that! All basic foods fruit is 0pps. All veg is 0pps apart from:
- 35g broad beans - 1
- 1/2 avo - 4
- 80g peas - 2
- medium corn on cob / 60g sweetcorn - 2

225g jacket potato is 8pps shock, but 100g potatoes boiled is 2pps

FWIW, our leader said that it's fruit in moderation - ie if you usually have 2 pieces of fruit a day, then the 2 pieces will now be 0 propoints. Dunno what happens if you eat 4 or 5 pieces a day which is what I usually do, even when not dieting!

Ooh. I totally read the pocket guide wrong. Its cooked pasta in there so it looks like im having a blonde day lol

Amderrr (I still can't help but grin when I read your name!) a pound off is great, I'm glad you feel in more control too, are you enjoying the new plan or is enjoying not quite the right word? grin

I'm sure the official weigh in later will be quite different as I've started to nibble at a few things and also been drinking lots of water as tbh most of the loss is due to dehydration, if the scales show a 2lbs loss I'll be happy as I think that's what loss would have been had I not been ill if that makes sense?

InLove I have 60g of dried pasta down as 6 points too, it's gone up so I think the blue book is wrong. Your lunch sounds lovely though, really nice and very filling I bet grin

lol InLove I kept doing that too, like with my egg I was aghast that it was 3 points but then realised I was looking at the value for a large egg grin

Amanderrr Tue 16-Nov-10 13:16:52

Norma ~ I am enjoying it. I like that I'm not hungry and the feeling of being in control of my eating again. I was starting to scare myself with my capacity to skip meals and just eat chocolate and cake.

I keep losing and gaining the same half a stone. The scales get near the 9st 7lbs mark and I then have two or three 'good' weeks and get back down to 9st. I hover around that mark for a couple of weeks and then become complacent and start buying chocolate and crisps to snack on and I'll even have a slice of cake with my Cafe Nero skinny coffee and soon I'm up at the 9st 7lbs again and wondering why my scales hate me.

I lost 5st 7lbs back in 2002 and went down to 8st 7lbs. My face looked too thin though and I decided that hovering at 9st suits me best. I'm finding it difficult to stay at that weight though so I really need to find an eating plan that lets me fill up as I can eat tons before feeling full. If the free fruit thing isn't too good to be true then this might be just the plan for me. I'm optimistic.

How are you finding this plan now that you've had a week to get into it? Do you think this could be 'the one'?

Also, would you mind asking your WW leader this evening about the PPs in tinned fruit and if draining and rinsing lowers the PPs please?

Amanderr - My leader said last week that tinned fruit in juice and drained is 0PP BUT it has to be in juice. I'm guessing the high PP's in your ones are in syrup.

Anyone got any idea how many PPs would be in a Large Special Shish Kebab (Lamb). Think I'm going to have to make an educated guess.

Amanderrr Tue 16-Nov-10 14:15:47

Ahh, thanks Sweetness. I'll have to hunt down some rhubarb in fruit juice. Do you know if draining and rinsing lowers the PPs of fruit in a light syrup?

We worked out that a chicken kebab would be roughly 14PPs but I think lamb would be more as lamb is a more fatty meat. 16 or 17PPs maybe? It's a nuisance that kebabs are not listed in the eat out guide.

How's your week going WW-wise Sweetness? When's your weigh in?

Good thanks Amanderrr. I'm really enjoying it and have been following it correctly AFAIK. Don't feel any thinner but do feel better about myself as am in control of eating. My weigh in is Thurs am. Well done on your weight loss grin

Well done on all that weight loss Amanderrr that's brilliant, glad that PP seems to be working for you too. WW is the only plan I've ever followed, I lost 3 stone back in 2004/2005 for my wedding and was keeping it off nicely but 2 pregnancies and a bought of PND saw a big weight gain. I lost 3 stone on the old plan and was really weary about ProPoints but have to say I'm really enjoying it now that I've had time to get used to it grin

harverina Tue 16-Nov-10 16:52:49

Oh getting nervous for my weigh in tomorrow with all these losses! Well done everyone.

Had another good day today (I think!) My weigh in is tomorrow night so will check back in afterwards to let you know how it goes...I know that even if I have not lost I am really getting into the plan now and my eating habits are better than before so the weight will come off eventually. Just wishing I hadnt had the cocktails on Saturday night now sad

Going to make 0 point carrot and coriander soup tonight to fill me up. Hoping that it takes away my craving for chocolate blush

Did you point the cocktails? Maybe they won't have been too point heavy?

bluebump Tue 16-Nov-10 18:09:13

I just got a free 2 week trial to the new plan with a magazine so I went through today and wrote down the new point values to the foods I eat and will decide whether to do the new plan or not. They've started putting points on marmite! No! I've lost 1 1/2 stone on the old plan and I just found today as a vegetarian it looks harder on the new one as the points on things like lentils and quorn had gone up a bit, although I suppose you do get more points now.

Bloody hell, lost 3lbs this week! Was convinced that I'd done the plan wrong but I don't think I did which is excellent as I haven't deprived myself at all.

Well done to everyone else for their losses!

Amanderrr Tue 16-Nov-10 19:04:51

Oh, that's fantastic CupCakes! 3lbs off is fab.

DP dropped a bombshell today. I was moaning telling him that I was worried that I might get fed up of sausage, tomatoes and toast or scrambled egg and toast every day and he said that the WW leader at his meeting last night said that we should try not to have bread more than four times a week. I average six slices a day. Tomatoes on toast isn't the same without the toast. Nor is egg and toast. These are my staple meals and I have one or other daily or sometimes both in one day.

I don't know what else I could eat. I hate cooking. Well I don't mind the cooking bit but I don't much enjoy the preparation.

Feeling a bit glum now. I know I could make up a big pot of soup and have some of that as a substitute meal but soup doesn't really hit the spot unless it's got something 'bready' to dip in it. Hurumph.

Omelettes could work I guess.

justaboutanotherbirthdaycoming Tue 16-Nov-10 19:34:59

Well I am grumpy and hungry and undecided what to have! I think I have four points left - boiled egg and slice of bread? I do have soup but don't think it will really fill me up.

I am trying to stay completely within my 29 points during Mon-Fri in order that I can relax a little at the weekend.

Lucky2010 Tue 16-Nov-10 19:55:55

Amanderr I am very envy at your 9st 3 lbs, but I won't give you grief (grin) cos I'm a size 12 and lots of my friends keep nagging me about 'why on earth are you doing WW??'. I know it's about what we feel happy at as individuals.
Am also a bit shock at 6 slices of bread a day! I cut down on bread at the beginning of the year and it made a big difference. I prob have bread once or twice a week now. and no more than 2 slices a day. I agree that egg etc just not the same without the toast, but if I'm losing weight I can handle it!! I almost see bread as a treat now??!

I am converted to this new PP plan. I'm def not as hungry this week as I was last week. I know a lot of people think it's more fiddly, but I think it's easier, cos I just have to point my breakfast, lunch and dinner, and as long as I just eat fruit inbetween, I can allow myself roughly 10 pps for each. Make sense?

I even had a kit-kat at monkey bizness today and stayed within pts!

Lucky2010 Tue 16-Nov-10 19:57:02

justabout I saved all my 49 bonus pts for the weekend last week and struggled to use them all. I wouldn't worry about using a couple of them to give yourself a more satisfying meal tonight.

justaboutanotherbirthdaycoming Tue 16-Nov-10 19:58:46

Yeah, you are probably right Lucky, I didn't actually use all my extra points last weekend. But I "only" lost 2 lb, so I am wary of using them all again - this plan feels very new and untried to me, there was this daft thing today where I looked up tortilla wraps, and a plain wrap was 4 points and then a wrap with something on it was 3! Really really think they should have sorted these glitches out before inflicting them on us.

justaboutanotherbirthdaycoming Tue 16-Nov-10 19:59:14

Anyway, I'm having an egg now, and will have some soup later if I want it, so still within daily points.

Evening all, just sticking my head in quickly, been to weigh in & have lost 6lbs shock Some of that is through being I'll though, I think my actual real loss was around 3lb, just hope it doesn't affect next weeks loss

Amanderrr if you makes you feel better I eat a lot of bread too & I have no intention of stopping!

Cupcakes well done on your loss, fab!

Lucky2010 Tue 16-Nov-10 20:04:07

This week our leader said she had her biggest weight losses the weeks she used all or nearly all her bonus points. Knock yourself out!

gingernutlover Tue 16-Nov-10 20:22:06

well maybe i should ahve used all of my points then, I just got wieghed and I lost 1.5lbs, making 6lbs in 4 weeks which I know is what thy recommend but I was really hoping for soemthing more dramatic

I am not gpoing to wiegh in next week because I am going out for dinner and to see happy potter 7, sooo next time I get wieghed I will have used probably most of them - we will see

Oh and I checked re the pineapple, canned in juice is zero points as long as you drain the juice off - yay smile

gingernutlover Tue 16-Nov-10 20:23:43

oooh and I discovered a lovely low point lunch today too

2 ryvitas
30g phillidelphia light
ham
butternut squash soup

very yummy and filled me up all afternoon, for only 6 prp points

Amanderr, I feel your pain regarding bread. We got the jacket potato bomb dropped on us today (I'm still going on about jacket potatoes!) that a raw 225g tato will be 4 points but cooked it will be 6. Fucking con artists. Also one crumpet is 2 but if you have 2 crumpets it is 5. I mean, give us a fecking break!

I am confused by this tbh. How do we know what to round up and what not to round up? You don't have to round eggs up. Two eggs is two eggs.

confused

Amanderr, the soup I made on sunday was mega filling honestly. It takes me a shed load of food to feel full but the soup I make is really filling, trust me!

gingernutlover Tue 16-Nov-10 20:34:35

maybe i have it wrong about the potatoes

but if the 225g potato raw is 4 PP, then you cook it as a jacket it will still be 4 PP (but it will wiegh less)

we were told to point potatoes by their raw weight.

The points for jacket potatoes are only higher if you have to wiegh them after they have been cooked (because they wiegh less, a 225g cooked jacket potatoe will have wieghed more when it was raw and therefore will be more points)

HTH

Cupcakes I often found that with things, say something was a point & I entered 2 it would try & tell me it was 3 points! I've always ignored it blush

I don't get the potato thing, why the difference that's so unfair!

Got my kitchen scales tonight, bargain as they were 20% off plus I had a £5 off voucher making them even cheaper! Pleased I got them as I do use them a lot

gingernutlover Tue 16-Nov-10 20:36:19

agree about the crumpets and the eggs though

someone in my class asked, if they could point them sepeartely if they ate them at different times of day LOL, oooh the look she got from our leader!

PMSL gingernut grin