PAUL MCKENNA-I CAN MAKE YOU THIN

(271 Posts)
bunny75 Thu 26-Aug-10 09:09:54

Have just rediscovered Mumsnet and also dusted off my Paul Mckenna book for another go! I am probably a good 4 stone overweight and have been for a good 10 years. I hate diets and have little will power. I did this book a few years ago and lost half a stone in week 1 but didn't do the CD....I think that was the downfall. Am starting all over as of today.....anyone care to join me/offer any advice/been there before?

muriel76 Thu 26-Aug-10 18:29:47

Bit of a raw nerve....yes I did it and it was FAB and the best 'diet' I have ever done. I lost 2 stone and weighed less than on my wedding day. It was so so easy

However like all eating plans/diets it needs sticking to and that 2 stone is nearly all back on. I feel so cross with myself when I think about it, as there is no need. I have put the weight back on simply due to greed.

I would like to start again though as nothing else worked as well (SW/WW etc) and I start a new job soon and I know I would feel a lot more confident even with a few pounds lost!

I did not ever listen to the CD BTW. Just did the four rules and the weight fell off.

Good luck with whatever you decide x

spiritmum Thu 26-Aug-10 19:17:55

I'm reading a book by Gillain Riley atm which disagrees with Paul Mckenna quite a bit, notably his 'eat when hungry' and 'stop when full' ideas, on the basis that the body frequently gets very mixed messages. Only just started though so I will know more once I've read a bit further.

Pwsimerimew Fri 27-Aug-10 20:31:21

I'm doing Paul Mckenna.I'm also doing Slimming World blush I'm thinking it'll double my chances of getting to where I want to be.
I listen to the CD when the DC aren't home, and I've noticed a difference in my self esteem. That is, I now look in the mirror and notice my lovely eyes, instead of insulting myself grin

Pwsimerimew Fri 27-Aug-10 20:36:26

Have you tried his aversion therapy? I did this the other day until I was GAGGING. It must be working cos I've had no walkers sensations crisps since. ( must be at least..four days now)

Autumndew Fri 27-Aug-10 20:46:16

i have lost almost 5 stone since January and i am now a size 10/12(still ongoing)I go to the gym a lot and have done 30 day shred but still love my Davina McColl workouts the best .I have completley given up crisps which were my downfall and another coupe of things i was very fond of .I still listen to my cd every cou;le of days I know it is a lifelong thing and i really beleive my weight is off for good

Pwsimerimew Fri 27-Aug-10 20:48:19

Wow, that's amazing Autumn! Are you still putting your cutlery down inbetween mouthfulls?

Autumndew Fri 27-Aug-10 20:49:18

yes, i am most of the time.I used to scoff my dinner like the Simpsons

Autumndew Fri 27-Aug-10 20:50:00

i never sbscribe to the eat when hungry rule i have to say

ppeatfruit Sun 29-Aug-10 12:52:41

Imo if you don't eat when you are hungry yr. body goes into starve mode and you put on weight. IMO Mckenna WORKS and you can always go back to it.

mashitup Mon 30-Aug-10 00:12:43

Hi guys

Am nervously thinking about joining you

I've tried this before

Lost a little

I REALLY need to lose 5 stone but I'm unsure what to do

WW has worked for me in the past, but I hate the idea of counting and measuring everything, and lo and behold, when I stopped doing that, I put all the weight back on.

Emotional eating is my big problem, so Paul McKenna would be good

But I'm very resistant to only eating when hungry - I like eating emotionally, food is my faithful friend, sad I know

I find it very difficult to tell the difference btw physical and emotional hunger

Autumndew - that's fab, well done!

Can I ask, why do you not follow the eat when hungry rule? What do you do instead? Also, what other things have you given up?

ppeatfruit Mon 30-Aug-10 08:58:19

mashitup When you eat consciously, slowly tasting yr food you actually CAN't eat when yr full and you do feel hungry sooner than usual so you can eat more (well it feels like it!) than the 3 meals a day.

Autumndew Mon 30-Aug-10 15:46:27

If when i started the diet I would have eaten when i was hungry i would have been have been eating all the time as i thought i was always hungry .Obviously it was comfort eating of some sort.So what i did/do is treat it is a diet in as much as i dont eat any "rubbish" biscuits, cakes ,chocolate etc .I honestly don`t miss any of them.Thanks to the book i managed to givr up crips forever they actually make me feel sick if i think abpot them just typing this is doing it.I aslo done the aversion thing with Crunchy nut cornflakes and salt and vinegar ricecakes.I dont want to keep banging on about it but really if you knew me you would see such a difference in me i feel free at last from food cravings etc and i love working out which is the biggest change in me

ppeatfruit Mon 30-Aug-10 16:57:20

That is brill autumn well done smile

mashitup Mon 30-Aug-10 19:30:16

thanks for advice smile

autumndew, do you not eat ANY chocolate/cakes/biscuits? I find the idea of giving up cakes quite difficult, I don't even eat a lot of cakes! Funnily enough, I find the idea of giving up chocolate easier, even though I eat loads of it. There is something comforting and treat-ish about having a cake with a cup of coffee in a little tea room - it's something I hardly do, but I'm loathe to give up the idea of it!!

How much do you work out?

So guys, are we going to do this? wink

Autumndew Mon 30-Aug-10 21:23:57

i NEVER eat cakes etc.I know t"hat`s a bit extreme but i could never say oh i`ll just have the one", one led to two, led to three etc grin.I try to go to the gym every couple of days i do cardio work there cross trainer, treadmill and bike and at home i do Davina MCcall top fit(weights, which i love thr difference inm y arms is awesome ) and bottom fit mostly.I have done the 30 day shred but didnt actually "enjoy " that as such

Pwsimerimew Tue 31-Aug-10 11:22:42

I've started going to yoga last week and I'm going to a pialtes class tonight. I really don't do excercise, but these two seem gentle enough for a wimp like me grin

maduggar Tue 31-Aug-10 12:29:06

I have been doing this for a week - will let you know how I get on! Glad to see others trying it too

I have noticed HUGE changes so far! I really am looking at food differently, to be enjoyed but not to bloat my body with. Its such a revelation.

maduggar Tue 31-Aug-10 12:30:08

I listen to the CD religioulsy everyday, I feel very focused and relaxed afterwards.

maduggar Wed 01-Sep-10 18:34:42

Cant believe how well this is working! Is there really no-one else out there doing it?

Pwsimerimew Wed 01-Sep-10 18:42:20

I really enjoyed my tea tonight, but realised as I was shovelling the last forkful in my gob that I had been engrosd with MN, rather than focusing on my food.
I fell guilty now

Pwsimerimew Wed 01-Sep-10 18:43:04

And now I can't even spell. blush

maduggar Wed 01-Sep-10 18:43:32

How long have you been doing it? Have you had much success?

Pwsimerimew Wed 01-Sep-10 18:56:31

I'm doing it along side doing slimming world - so can't say how well I'm doing really. My self -image has improved a lot as has cravings for crisps and thats down to PM and not SW.
The DC go back to school tomorrow so it will be easier for me to listen to the CD every day oncce more.
So, Maduggar, how well is it working for you?

msrisotto Wed 01-Sep-10 19:08:48

Is the aversion therapy thing a different CD? It isn't on my copy.

Pwsimerimew Wed 01-Sep-10 19:22:50

It's in his book with the cd and 90 day diary. You have to imagine your favourite food ( the one you'd like to stop craving) and then imagine something horrible, like hair off a hairdressers floor, whilst pressing your thumb and little finger together, and then imagine eating both together .......

msrisotto Wed 01-Sep-10 19:29:58

I have the book with the CD but maybe it's an old one.

Autumndew Wed 01-Sep-10 22:20:46

aversion therapy has worked miracles for me

Can I join in?

I just got the 90 day Journal and 4 CD set off ebay and want to give it a go.

Do I need the other book or do I have enough to be going on with?

I'll post my weight in the morning, but I know i've got about a stone to lose.

Going on holiday next month so that's my incentive.

msrisotto Thu 02-Sep-10 08:20:16

Autumn - is that aversion therapy through Paul McKennas book? Or in actual therapy sessions IYSWIM?

maduggar Thu 02-Sep-10 14:53:40

Im also doing this alongside slimming world, though I do let the SW rules slip slightly in favour of PMcK. If I really want soemthing, I do have it (and not syn it) if I make sure I follow his rules. My meals are usually SW though, as I can make some very yummy SW meals!

I have also lost my cravings for crisps - its like a miracle! I really didnt think that could possibly happen to me, im a savoury snack fiend.

Ive had another good day, banana & bran flakes for breakfast (left some in the bowl), a 2 inch piece of wholegrain baguette with extra light philly & fresh pineapple for lunch, a choc biscuit at toddelr group (I was hungry and I ate in slowly & conciously). I have slow-roasted Chinese beef in the oven, to have with steamed rice & greens later on tonight. Its only 1.5 syns per portion, and I will of course try not to eat my entire portion grin

Pwsimerimew Thu 02-Sep-10 20:37:24

sounds lovely Mad. I had homemade cottage pie, veg and loads of peas, and enjoyed every mouthfull.
I must admit though....I had some sensations crisps last nightblush
YourCall - sounds like you've got everything you need, good luck and keep us posted.

maduggar Thu 02-Sep-10 20:53:25

I used teh aversion technique to get rid of my chocci craving, and teh spinning technique to get rid of my crisps craving! Both seem to have worked very well!

The Chinese beef was delicious, I knwo in the "old days" id have eaten at least 3 times teh amount! But I savoured every mouthfull, and was satisfied after a small plate (and left some).

How has everyones day been?

mashitup Thu 02-Sep-10 21:55:39

OK, I need to get with the programme

I did try the aversion technique a while ago (not sure what the spinning technique is?) but it didn't work.

Are you all strict about sitting at a table and eating your food without doing anything else? DH and I eat in front of the TV most nights (it's our downtime). That will be quite hard to break, I feel I should be doing something while eating to make the most of the time, and eating while watching TV in order to make a static activity more enjoyable!

The other thing I struggle with is eating slowly. Because I am naturally a very slow eater anyway. Anyone else the same?

maduggar Thu 02-Sep-10 21:59:20

My DH has to have the TV on too, but I keep my eyes down on my food & concentrate on teh flavours in my mouth, thats seems to be working for me.

Thsi is the spinning technique ...

spinning

mashitup Thu 02-Sep-10 22:41:30

cheers smile

Can I ask why you used aversion technique for chocolate and spinning for crisps, rather than one technique for crisps?
(am in awe that you are, like, doing this properly and not just waffling on about it like me)

mashitup Thu 02-Sep-10 22:48:34

I meant, rather than one technique for both chocolate and crisps

And out of interest, which one did you find most helpful?

maduggar Fri 03-Sep-10 07:32:21

I found the aversion one the best tbh, just because its easy & you can do it anytime. I just picked chocolate for the aversion, as that was what I was craving when I read the aversion technique! Then I read about the spinning one, and on that day I had been thinking about a bag of crisps that are sitting in my cupboard (which I swear were calling out my name lol) so decided to try it. I thelped me get past the craving that day, and I havent touched crisps in a week now!

maduggar Fri 03-Sep-10 07:33:48

The first week i was just half-heartedly doing it, but when I saw the great loss I had, it spurred me into doing it 100%. I bet it will just click for you too, when you start to see good results

Pwsimerimew Fri 03-Sep-10 16:21:56

What's for tea?

maduggar Fri 03-Sep-10 18:53:26

Im having sticky pork, crushed new potatoes & sweetcorn

You?

ppeatfruit Sat 04-Sep-10 09:23:20

I do the tapping [from the first book] it is effective, I haven't got the 2nd book yet. i also follow the blood type diet for my health and it combines well wth PMc.

Pwsimerimew Sat 04-Sep-10 11:25:16

I had a slice and a half of pizza, which was bloody lovely, and some chips. Couldn't finish it off though. I hope he's telling the truth or I will be dissapointed again at my weigh in Monday morning.
Eating Paul McKenna style slimming word foods today and tomorrow, just in case wink

Pwsimerimew Sat 04-Sep-10 11:27:15

And just because it's Saturday, I do not have to have wine tonight. A cup of tea will hit the spot just the same. ( Ignore me, just trying to convince myself....)

Pwsimerimew Sat 04-Sep-10 11:29:07

ppeatfruit - I got my new edition of his book from Asda for around £7.

maduggar Sat 04-Sep-10 12:31:14

Do you know whats different aboutthe new edition book? I only have the old one.

Had a small bowl of Bran flakes & sultanas with 1% milk for breakfast and just had a tuna mayo & salad wrap. No snacks yet today. Still following teh rules 100%, listened to teh CD last night & will do againt this afternoon.

Pwsimerimew Sat 04-Sep-10 18:33:47

It has a 90 diary, success stories, CD and DVD, and its glossy. Otherwise it's the same.
I'm having a salad tonight my DH's making it as I write grin

maduggar Sat 04-Sep-10 20:32:50

I had linguine & meatballs tonight, plus on bite of garlic bread. It tasted yuk when I ate it slowly & conciously, even though I used to love it when I wolfed it down! I still managed to over-eat I think, Im feeling a little bit fuller than "full" if I am honest. Still only ate half the portion I would have doen before though, so its still good.

ppeatfruit Sun 05-Sep-10 08:09:12

Does anyone know his opinion on caffeine? i found when i stopped just ONE strong cup of coffee a day the weight dropped off me. The weird thing is I have one occasionally and it speeds up my metabolism.

Pwsimerimew Sun 05-Sep-10 11:01:48

I can't remember reading anything about caffine intake tbh, but he does recommend drinking loads of water.
DH is making Sunday lunch today - it's a real test to eating slowly as it's always delish.

maduggar Sun 05-Sep-10 12:59:26

I am usually addicted to diet coke, I used to drink about 4 or 5 cans a day blush but one side effect of PMcK is that Ive gone off it! I didnt do any aversion techniques for it, I just dont fancy it. I find I still drink an occasional can, but Im sure thats just habit. Its so weird, because Id never thought about dealing with my diet coke habit!

ppeatfruit Sun 05-Sep-10 14:58:07

Pswimerimew the good thing is you can eat until you feel full and put the rest of yr plate in the fridge to have later! It's difficult in a restaurant though!

Pwsimerimew Sun 05-Sep-10 15:22:51

I was presented with a huge amount of food on my plate ( yes I know I've landed on my feet with a DH who cooks grin). Before even starting to eat, I took off some of it and out it on my side plate. I enjoyed my meal, slowly, and could only manage half of it. Even DH was impressed.
Mad - I drink a lot of diet coke too - only because its free on SW. Could give it up tomorrow if I wanted to.....

maduggar Sun 05-Sep-10 15:50:50

Im going to start the 30 day shred DVD - am I mad? lol

How is everyone doing? Ive noticed myself eating every so slightly quicker yesterday/today - am going to have to work on that. Anyone else feel it speeding up?

ppeatfruit Sun 05-Sep-10 16:20:09

Yes maduggar i have to remind myself a lot; like you Pswim my DH is a brill cook the main prblem is he likes to eat and cook late and even on PMc i have to eat before 7pm to loose weight.

Pwsimerimew Sun 05-Sep-10 17:30:26

My DH can eat and eat and eat and stays slim. So not fair!
DH and the kids now about PM so keep reminding me to put my fork down inbetween mouthfulls. The only trouble is, I don't like it when they leave food on the plate.hmm
Tell me about the dvd, isn't it meant to be really hard work??

maduggar Sun 05-Sep-10 18:32:10

Havent started it yet, have had a nosey at the thread on here and yes, it seems to be hard grin

ppeatfruit Mon 06-Sep-10 09:14:09

Sorry me being dim 30 day shred DVD??? Tell me about it.

Pwsimerimew Mon 06-Sep-10 14:18:51

So fed uo....sad

Only lost half a pound in my SW weigh in today.

I've lost 12 pounds since January, but it's not coming off quick enough for me!
Oh well, must try harder. Could loose up to two stone from now until Christmas if I could do 100% Sw and a 100% Paul McKenna. ( Never was good as maths but why can't this work out at 4 stones if I do 100% on both?)

arfur Mon 06-Sep-10 14:34:38

Can I join in? Have been back doing PM for about a month and have lost around 4 pounds so far which feels good as I have been eating exactly what I want all the time! I am a big overeater/comfort eater and I am finding that I feel so much more in control and happy with myself so its all good! Need to lose about 1.5 - 2 stone more really but am trying not to pressure myself with deadlines as I know how the failure can spiral out of control! Am hoping to join gym this week and get cracking on my fitness as Im noticing my cardio fitness is quite poor so that is something I really want to work on. Good luck and keep it up everyone x

maduggar Mon 06-Sep-10 15:29:01

I started the 30 Day Shred fitness DVD last night, and its a killer! I must be really unfit thank goodness its only 20 mins a day!

I had been feeling like Id lost weight, was sure I was on track for a good loss this week. Until I tried on my jeans this morning, and they are tight! How is this possible? Does he just trick us into thinking we are thinner?
Official weigh-in tomorrow, will see what the actual result is, but Im not holding out much hope now.

Pwsimerimew Mon 06-Sep-10 15:39:35

You're right arfur - eating with PM is easy and you have a life. Tje bit about remembering to stop when yout full is the steep learning curve!
Welcome btw

ppeatfruit Mon 06-Sep-10 17:55:05

Does the DVD come with PMc's 2nd book or you have to buy it separately? That's annoying mad maybe too much caffeine? I was having 2 bits of dark choc. after lunch and didn't loose.

ppeatfruit Mon 06-Sep-10 17:59:59

I think it was 'cos I was not actually hungry! blush

Pwsimerimew Tue 07-Sep-10 16:13:27

Feeling much better today grin

ppeatfruit Tue 07-Sep-10 16:26:07

I've checked out the shred DVD it sounds scary to me. I do pilates type stretches every morning that's good enough for me plus the normal everyday stuff! glad you're feeling better mad.

maduggar Tue 07-Sep-10 21:07:01

Had my official 2 week weigh and have lost 8lbs

ppeatfruit Wed 08-Sep-10 09:56:03

Wow !! Congrats mad!!

maduggar Wed 08-Sep-10 12:15:46

How is everyone else doing? Anyone dropped a dress size or noticed any big changes yet?

Pwsimerimew Wed 08-Sep-10 16:18:30

Wow, that's amazing. Size 16 linen trousers and leans getting too big, but get a muffin top in size 14 jeans
Had to buy my lunch out today, and they didn't have brown bread at the shop to make me a sarnie, cos not enough people ask for ithmm so had to eat a white baguette (couln't eat it all), which is fine PM style, not so good for SW. Went without butter though , so I could have salad cream. How's that for a comprimise!

Pwsimerimew Wed 08-Sep-10 16:20:58

Haven't had time to listen to the CD today yet, so will have to go have a lie down listen to it later when DH comes home

maduggar Wed 08-Sep-10 16:46:25

Im slowly moving away from SW now, and embracing PMcK full on grin It seems to be working better for me. I just felt the 2 were working against each other at times.

Pwsimerimew Wed 08-Sep-10 18:18:44

Yes I think you're right MAD. Half a pound off is no good.

ppeatfruit Thu 09-Sep-10 06:51:40

It's better than one kilo on IMO! I started back on it seriously yesterday at my age weight goes on soooo easily it's not fair!! Also dancing for as long as poss. before meals.

arfur Thu 09-Sep-10 10:01:29

Hi all - had girly shopping day yesterday with an M&S cafe lunch. Left small amt of sarnie and bit of my scrummy carrot cake much to friends horror (she has recently lost about 3 stone but the hard way involving major deprivation) she had eaten full sarnie large packet crisps and all of cake and said I just couldnt leave it its too nice. So I explained how I used to be a big binger and now feel so much more in control and its really working for me - could see she thought I was mad! Came home feeling really good tho and was down another pound this morning YAY! By the way I have copied the PM cd onto my MP3 player and I usually listen to it when I go to bed - quite often fall asleep listening but doesnt seem to matter. I find it really makes me tune in as you are totally switched off from everything else. Dont know if anyone might find that useful? Oh and Maduggar WELL DONE! Keep up the good work people x

maduggar Thu 09-Sep-10 14:50:22

Thanks arfur! I have my CD on my ipod as an mp3 as well, but I tend to listen to it in the afternoon while DS naps & I have the whole house to myself. I have tried it at bedtime, but I always wake up refreshed (like he says!) when he does the countdown lol! Then I take a wee while to settle back to sleep. Seems my mind cant ignore him ha ha.

I had a tough day yesterday, I was hankering for food all day when I wasnt hungry, Thats teh first time in over 2 weeks thats happened. No idea what the trigger was, and I only succumbed to one packet of Walkers Baked crisps when i was feeling "nuetral" and not actually hungry Today I feel back to normal again though, and have hardly felt hungry at all today - maybe to make up for yesterday!

Hope everyone is having a good day x

Pwsimerimew Fri 10-Sep-10 19:26:15

I'm having a tough time of it at the mo. I've just had two days of training which was very draining (I'm a poet grin) so managed to just eat a couple of triangles of sandwiches. Had an Indian last night blush which I had thirds with my DC and DH made us some tortillas tonight.
Paul Mckenna would be glad to hear that I'm too scared not going to look at the scales!
Have a good weekend.

LolaLadybird Sun 12-Sep-10 08:19:59

Hi Ladies. Can I join? I have about 2 stone to lose in all and seem to be systematically failing with all the weight-loss strategies that worked in the past (ww, just being 'good'). I simply seem to have no willpower these days. However, I have the PM book and CD and was successful with it a couple of years ago. The aversion therapy was definitely successful in dealing with my biscuit cravings. The thing is, I am a foodie - I eat pretty healthily but just love my food so good to use a system that isn't prescriptive about what type of food you can eat.

BTW, am hugely inspired by your tales of success ...envy

ppeatfruit Sun 12-Sep-10 10:16:59

welcome Lolaladybird! the good thing with PM is that you can always start it again when you feel strong enough. I do follow the Blood type as well otherwise i get aches and pains etc. it works well with it.

maduggar Sun 12-Sep-10 10:47:42

Welcome Lolaladybird How did you do when you tried PM before? Im in my 3rd week now, and still going strong.

I went to a wedding yesterday, and didnt stick to the rules 100% as I ate a plate of food from the buffet when I wasnt hungry! Also had a few slip ups during the day. It was a special occasion though, and I certainly didnt eat as much as I would have before!

Pwsimerimew Sun 12-Sep-10 12:25:11

Morning everyone! Still not looked at the scales, but have more or less decided not to go to SW tomorrow.
Had a Chinese last night with friends, and I made sure I ate slowly - with the aid of chopsticks!
((( Has mumsnet introduced automatic spellcheck this mornng? Cool!)))

Pwsimerimew Sun 12-Sep-10 12:26:28

That's so funny! Still managed to cock-up my spelling!!!

ppeatfruit Sun 12-Sep-10 16:27:14

I was thinking of starting a new thread about the programme on E numbers 'cos some of you drink diet coke and it said that artificial sweeteners fool yr body and make you eat more than you normally would.

Pwsimerimew Sun 12-Sep-10 16:53:33

oh dear, will keep that in mind

maduggar Sun 12-Sep-10 17:18:07

Yikes, I drink it a lot too! I have sky plussed those programes, must sit down to watch them!

maduggar Tue 14-Sep-10 16:58:20

anyone still doing this?

ppeatfruit Tue 14-Sep-10 17:10:01

yes just not loosing, my own fault I know!!

maduggar Tue 14-Sep-10 20:59:09

Only lost 1lb this week, but I had a birthday party & a wedding at teh weekend (a ton of vodka!) but thats still 9lbs in just 3 weeks, so I am pleased.

ppeatfruit Wed 15-Sep-10 08:46:51

yes it's inspiring to loose and gives you the impetus to carry on. I lost about a year ago and it has crept on slowly it's so easy to forget the golden 'Stop when yr full' rule IMO.

maduggar Wed 15-Sep-10 19:08:43

I dont feel 100% dedicated, not like I was to start. Going to make sure I listen every night to the CD and read the book again, for a boost.

How is everyone else doing?

LolaLadybird Wed 15-Sep-10 19:47:34

Hi All and thanks for the welcomes.

Maduggar - 9lbs in 3 weeks is great, I would be hugely chuffed with that.

I got the book out and started to re-read on Sunday night but want to spend a bit more time on it tonight to really start to feel motivated by it again - also need to listen to the CD. I made a concerted effort to do it today and actually left some of my lunch which is v unusual! I still wasn't feeling hungry about 4 hours later so I clearly didn't need that extra bit.

I read a book about low GI eating a few weeks ago which made a lot of sense to me so I'm trying to combine the GI principles with PM. I just really want something to work as my willpower has been virtually non-existent of late. One minute I'm really inspired and thinking how great to be thin and the next I find myself tucking into cake ...blush

Pwsimerimew Thu 16-Sep-10 16:52:36

Hi all, sorry for disappearing. Maduggar you've done fantastically, well done!
Well, I didn't go to SW on Monday and I haven't weighed myself for a while. Trousers feeling baggier so quite confident that something's changing.
Work pals were astounded when I left half of my meal the other night, even though it was steak and HOMEMADE chips in this lovely restaurant. I suppose it helps that I didn't pay for it grin Absolutely couldn't eat more of it even though I wanted to!
Keep us posted everyone!

ppeatfruit Thu 16-Sep-10 17:21:20

That is the annoying thing about restaurants but you could always ask for a 'doggy' wink bag. I think Iam loosing again but going out for dinner tonite so i hope the food won't be too good!1

Pwsimerimew Thu 16-Sep-10 20:54:15

I would usually ask for a kitty bag, but was far, from home for the night. I'm debating eating some sensations tonight and I'm not going to try the tapping. ( waht a rebel!) Hope you have a nice night out.

maduggar Fri 17-Sep-10 08:15:19

Wait until you are hungry then enjoy the Senstations! Thats what I did when Ifancied a Snickers bar, I waited til I coudl feel hunger pangs then totally enjoyed every mouthfull grin

We are having a Chinese takeaway tonight, and I know full well I wont finish it so I am looking at the menu for a meal that I can save the leftovers for the next day!

ppeatfruit Fri 17-Sep-10 10:49:36

Thanks Pwsim the dinner was ok but there were courses! And difficult to refuse when yr friends have cooked it (particularly when they cater for my weird diet)!

Pwsimerimew Fri 17-Sep-10 13:48:49

At least with this "diet" you can eat normal food. Going out for an Italian tonight, but I'm driving so I'll stick to water all evening to save a few calories!

ppeatfruit Fri 17-Sep-10 14:01:22

Enjoy Pswim I was wondering what happened to Bunny the OP?

pudding25 Fri 17-Sep-10 22:11:43

Hi, was wondering if anyone has any advice. I did this pre DD during my summer hols as a teacher (so lots of free time) and it worked really well. Then when I went back to work, it was so much harder as I couldn't eat when I wanted and was always rushing around. However, it did help get me off stuffing my face all the time.
DD is now 2.4 and since she was born, I have tried going back to this all the time but with her and teaching, I find that I am in a constant rush and eating whenever I get time.
e.g have to eat lunch at 12.15pm when I am working and often have to eat it while setting up the classroom. Get home from work, sort out dd, put her to bed, shovel dinner down as fast as I can so I can then start marking etc.

Any ideas as I know this is the best way to lose weight but the unconscious eating part is the hardest bit.

LolaLadybird Sat 18-Sep-10 07:41:54

Hi Pudding. I understand the problem with having to eat at set times. I work 3 days a week also in a school (in HR tho' not as a teacher) and I find on my work days I'm having to compromise a bit about the eating when I'm hungry. For instance, yesterday when I wasn't working I wasn't really hungry for my breakfast until after I'd got DD off to school which was about 9ish instead of eating at 8 when I'm working. The same goes for lunch.

However, I do think you just have to slow down your eating. Really, if you ate slowly and conciously, how much would it add to your day - maybe lunch would take an extra 10 minutes? As for your evening meal, if you take a bit of extra time and start your marking later, it's just going to mean going to bed maybe 15/20 mins later. IMO it's worth taking the extra time for the benefits (eating in a rush isn't good for you regardless of wanting to lose weight). And I do think the eating conciously is important, I left part of my lunch at school the other day that I defintely would have hoovered up in normal circumstances!

Hope that doesn't sound too preachy ...grin

ppeatfruit Sat 18-Sep-10 09:19:40

Yes lola and what I did when teaching was always take a Snack eg an apple and nuts and dried fruit so i could eat something at breaktimes if i felt hungry. It worked I lost a lot then !

ppeatfruit Sat 18-Sep-10 09:22:57

P.S. Welcome puddingsmile

LolaLadybird Sat 18-Sep-10 09:59:55

Yep, I've been taking in dried apricots and nuts this week. Rye crispread also v good for snacking - v yummy with peanut butter. All good low GI foods that don't send your blood sugar soaring and dipping.

maduggar Sat 18-Sep-10 14:01:50

Aternoon all. Have been to a kids party, and ate lots of party food when I wasnt even hungry same with lunch, I justa te it fast & too much. Really need to listen to teh CD today & get back into concious eating.

Welcoem pudding! do you think its possible to train your body to be hungry at the times of your breaks? Not sure if thats possible.

Hope everyone else is having a good day!

LolaLadybird Sat 18-Sep-10 14:45:10

Today going well so far. Had lunch at my parents, just nice bread, cheese etc with scones for lunch. I really thought about when I was full and only had half a scone for pudding - would normally have had a whole one without thinking about it.

Last night slight disaster as I was out early evening and had a glass of wine on an empty stomach. Lo and behold I came in starving and just wolfed a bowl of pasta in front of the TV followed by some maltesers. However am comforting myself with the fact that PM says in the book you will have blips but not to let them throw you off course. I am definitely eating a little bit less at each mealtime so that's got to be a good thing.

Question - what does everyone else do about weighing? PM says not to do it for 2 weeks as any more frequent can just demotivate you. Think I'm going to try and resist the daily temptation to weigh myself and see if he's right.

ppeatfruit Sat 18-Sep-10 18:21:58

He's right IMO I can tell any way. 'Cos my jeans keep falling down or vice versa!

maduggar Sat 18-Sep-10 19:08:15

I do weigh weekly as I sill go to SW classes (as I help out) but I do feel liek a bit of a fraud going!

Pwsimerimew Sun 19-Sep-10 17:53:57

Had Sunday lunch at my in-laws' today, with yummy home made yorkshire pud. Had no comments from them in regards with me putting knife and fork down in between mouth fulls! Result! ( I hate admitting to f-i-l that I'm on a diet cos he can be pretty cruel)
I've not weighed myself for a while, and I've not listended to the cd either. Will try to tonight before going to bed.

Pheonixmum Sun 19-Sep-10 21:26:42

Hi everyone, wondered if I could join you? I've just been told I've won a prize for my exam results in the summer for my degree course, but the prize is being presented at a big black tie dinner at the end of October. I have to get up in front of loads of doctors and lawyers, and I REALLY don't want to do that looking like this! So i am starting tomorrow with PMc as well as starting to clean our house from top to bottom - am skint and have very small boys so gym is out for me and I hate walking! I figured hosuework and gardening would do for exercise! I deally I want to lose 2 stone, but maybe a bit more, will see when i get there. I have a lovely pair of Armani jeans in a size 12 which i want to fit into, so will stop when I fit them!

maduggar Mon 20-Sep-10 09:49:41

One bonus of his method is the money saving! Is anyone else finding this? Im saving a fortune on all the snacks & stuff I used to buy (and eat!) plus I cant ever finish my dinner, so have the rest for lunch the next day. Losing pounds while saving pounds - I like it! grin

welcome Pheonix, and congratulations on your prize! Fingers crossed for you getting into your Armani jeans

Pws - do you think you will weigh again? Can you still feel differences in your body? Ive been slacking on the CD too, must listen to it today! My resolve always slips when I dont listen regularly!

ppeatfruit Mon 20-Sep-10 15:03:02

Yes welcome pheonix, it's a sensible diet re educating yr body, you could try not mixing carbs + protein, cutting out caffeine and eating fruit on an empty stomach for faster weight loss!

Pwsimerimew Mon 20-Sep-10 16:09:56

Hi Pheonixmum.
Maduggar, might weigh myself on Friday, if I feel confident enough wink

Note to self: Eat when hungry, and eat slowly and enjoy every mouthfull. Knife and fork down. Stop when full.

(sounds too easy doesn't it?)

Pwsimerimew Mon 20-Sep-10 16:12:06

Hi ppeat, didn't mean to leave you out smile

maduggar Tue 21-Sep-10 08:21:20

Have got a WI tonight, but I dont think there will be a loss as I really havent suck to the Golden Rules at all this week

ppeatfruit Tue 21-Sep-10 11:09:47

But you're doing PM and i bet you've lost! Hi pwsim smile

Pwsimerimew Tue 21-Sep-10 19:35:21

I'm having a "I don't care if I'm over weight and don't look at me like that if I want to eat this snickers bar in two bites" kinda day.

Having a star week - periods for non SW people grin

I'm taking a day off so I'll talk to you nicely tomorrow.

ppeatfruit Wed 22-Sep-10 08:27:43

Enjoy the snickers Pswim don't feel guilty and hope you're feeling better today. With me it takes 2 or 3 days to get over just one of THOSE days.

maduggar Wed 22-Sep-10 08:30:52

Well, I did still manage to lose 1.5 lbs, so thats 10.5 lbs in 4 weeks eating what I like! Thats not to be scoffed at (sorry about the pun!). I am planning on being 100% this week - CD every day and sticking to the golden Rules exactly.

Bet that snickers tasted good grin I just ha a fried egg sarnie for breakfast - yum!

Pwsimerimew Wed 22-Sep-10 11:21:15

Thanks Ppea,I'm in a better mood (just) today, but feeling sorry for myself because of the cramps, plus I have a poorly DS at home with chest infection and tonsilitis.

FYI , I didn't have the Snikers grin and now feel very smug! DH for some unknown reason cooked a steak for me, and then presented me with a mini box of Lindor chocs, cos he loves me grin [in love emotion] of which I had two.

Mad, that weight loss is fab.
I've had melons and grapes, and planning on having left over cottage pie for lunch. Being at home will be hard, cos I can hear the crisps chanting my name. I also feel guilty for being off work with DS, so guilt = eating. But. Not today, I promise!

maduggar Wed 22-Sep-10 16:15:56

Have youy tried any of the craving bsuting techniques? I did it to help with my crisp addiction, and it really has helped tremendously!

Pwsimerimew Wed 22-Sep-10 19:25:54

I tried it with Sensations until I was nearly throwing up, and it lasted a week blush

amothersplaceisinthewrong Wed 22-Sep-10 19:31:02

The chewing very slowly bit and not bolting your food works in regulating appetite and making you stop before you are full. The CD is far too lentil weavery for me though.

Pwsimerimew Wed 22-Sep-10 19:35:06

Yes, that works as long as I remember to concentrate on the food and not on the tv/children/mumsnet!
I enjoy switching off for half and hour when I "listen" to the CD wink

maduggar Thu 23-Sep-10 08:21:56

I enjoy the CD, helps me sleep too! Its my 25 mins of chill-out time

I seem to be back in groove again, so hope it lasts this time! I definitely think skipping the CD has a negative effect of my confidence and ability to stick to the golden rules.

ppeatfruit Thu 23-Sep-10 09:48:08

Welcome amothersplace LOL at the name! i have an admission to make I've listened to the cd once! my DD has it. But I watched his progammes whenever they were on which gave me the motivation.

arfur Thu 23-Sep-10 11:09:33

Am struggling a bit this week - does anyone else feel almost a sense of sorrow at the food they cant eat because you are genuinely full. I have a really sweet tooth but never get to eat dessert anymore because am too full and I have this nagging voice in my head telling me I could eat it really. The 'no you are full voice' mostly wins tho. Perhaps I am just nuts. Obviously the logical thing to do would be to have a tiny portion of dinner to allow room for a little pud but never seems to happen. Oh I think I might be a bit gloomy today - will blame it on the rain! keep up the good work everyone x

ppeatfruit Thu 23-Sep-10 12:29:45

I know what you mean;couldn't you just have a dessert for a meal ? I sometimes fancy a pudding and custard (down to school dinners!) and i just have that for supper. smile

ppeatfruit Thu 23-Sep-10 12:32:43

I make them from scratch( well not the custard)! so it doesn't happen often but it's nice when it does!

maduggar Thu 23-Sep-10 15:19:23

Arfur, I get like that sometimes. So what I do, is have that pudding (or whatever it is) for my lunch grin

maduggar Thu 23-Sep-10 15:22:45

I love a diet that lets you have cake and custard for lunch! hee hee

Pwsimerimew Thu 23-Sep-10 15:40:41

grin

emmie31 Thu 23-Sep-10 19:26:20

Hi Everyone, I've been having real trouble losing weight after having my 2nd baby a few months ago, I'm currently on weight watchers and to be honest i'm doing really badly, was extra good last week and put on half a pound confusedand i'll always admit if i've cheated but really didn't so i was really fed up.... Anyway I stumbled across this thread and have been so inspired that i really want to give it ago, (have got cds etc) although I have to say I'm incredibly nervous about eating whatever I want and terrified I'll put the weight on!!! gonna read thread again now just to convince myself.

maduggar Thu 23-Sep-10 19:54:42

emmie. I had thos eexact same fears. I came straight from Slimming World, that just wasnt working for me anymore. I have lost more in the last 4 weeks doing this than an entire year on SW!

emmie31 Thu 23-Sep-10 20:12:40

Well I'm definately gonna give it a go, just read about your 10.5 weight loss and I'm stunned, have this awfull "but it's bound to not work for me" feeling.
Thinking about it though when i was a teenager and in my early 2o's I did eat whatever I like and was slim, I remember mum saying she wished she was like me, when she'd asked me what I'd like for lunch and I replied I wasn't hungry.. I wanted to lose a couple of pounds( really didn't need to) and did my 1st diet and I'm sure that's where all the obssession, weight gain and yo yoing started. So what I'm probably trying to say is (i'm a rambler) that I see where Paul Mckenna is coming from. Still scared though, I haven't not been on a diet for 7 years!!!!

Pwsimerimew Thu 23-Sep-10 20:14:11

welcome aboard!h

emmie31 Thu 23-Sep-10 20:23:07

Thank you smile

maduggar Thu 23-Sep-10 22:03:42

what have you got to lose though? Give it 2 or 4 weeks preferably, see how it goes. I bet you will be pleasently surpised!

ppeatfruit Fri 24-Sep-10 06:47:11

yes welcome emmie! I googled P.M. last night and they show the programmes which really do give you the motivation to carry on or start it's worth having a look. Eating with yr eyes closed it works !!!

emmie31 Fri 24-Sep-10 07:36:03

Good Morning...Have about 3 stone to lose and that will hopefully take me back to a small size 12, I'm not chasing the perfect size 10 anymore as that is what got me in this mess in the first place!( I can't really blame the children) I will always have larger hips, boobs and a bigger bum as that is my body shape and I accept that.. Good tip PP (eating with eyes shut) I could also pretend my very active and loud children aren't there!(bless em). Wish me luck!!

ppeatfruit Fri 24-Sep-10 09:35:32

Good luck, you could always do P.M. with yr DCs it a brilliant education for eating IMO.smile

maduggar Fri 24-Sep-10 10:09:32

Oops, I didnt mean literally what do you have to lose I meant whats to lose trying this method out for awhile. I worded it wrongly. Good luck with it though, it's certainly working for me.

I feel so hungry today though! I usually have a small appetite doing this, but today I seem to be a bottomless pit

emmie31 Fri 24-Sep-10 10:32:22

you've done so well Maduggar, so I'm sure a hungry day will strike occaisonally, my whole life is a hungry day grin although I had a small bowl of cereal, with eyes closed as PP suggested and I'd have usually had weight watchers biscuits and low fat crisps by now, but today have drank lots of water and only just thinking about a snack now! Gonna have a lovley soup for lunch instead of the watery WW tin for lunch because i can!!! Just one question i dont eat chocolate that much I'm usually a crisp girl, but once a month i Neeeed chocolate, is the rule that i can have it so long as i'm hungry?

ppeatfruit Fri 24-Sep-10 10:49:19

Yup and you have to really taste it!! It's odd that you don't eat anywhere near what you think you will when you eat SLOWLY !!

emmie31 Fri 24-Sep-10 11:15:26

Thank you, so strange to be allowed chocolate, really need to get my head round this... I really hope this works for me as I'm sure it'll benefit my daughter when she grows up, never having seen her mum with food issues and constantly dieting, my mum has been on a diet as long as I remember bless her and i'm sure her way of thinking has been ingrained into me, not intentinally i'm sure as shes a lovely lady! Right time to get my bum in gear and get the little lad ready for 2 hours a school.

emmie31 Fri 24-Sep-10 11:16:40

P.s have realised I do eat way too fast, need to concentrate on thatsmile

ppeatfruit Fri 24-Sep-10 12:05:13

My mum is the same emmie, she knows about P.M. too. I'm pleased that our DD2 got me onto the P.M. she follows it too but for some reason does atkins sometimes shock

sincitylover Fri 24-Sep-10 12:17:52

I am a big fan of Paul Mckenna and since I went to his seminar three years ago I feel so relaxed around food after years of yo yo dieting. Plus for the first time ever I actually like and appreciate my body even if it is overweight.

Another reason for this was splitting from E A ex, self esteem on the floor so was determined to rebuild my body image.

HOWEVER since the seminar I didn't bother much with the cds etc and my weight has remained stable however have also recently been diagnosed with type 2 so reallyh do need to lose weight for health reasons.

So my short term strategy has been to rejoin WW for a quick start though will not buy into all the low fat diety crap IYKWIM whislt still embracing PMc.

Then embrace PMck fully - does that make sense or am I mad.

Would be happy with loosing 2.5 stone .

ppeatfruit Fri 24-Sep-10 12:40:00

Hello sincitylover I combine P.M. with a really healthy way of eating but not boring 'cos I follow my blood type re. Dr. Peter D'Adamo I'm 59 and have no health problems at all. HTH

maduggar Fri 24-Sep-10 17:05:49

I tried doing SW & this method together but it just doesnt really work. I couldnt eat what I wanted, because I had to make sure i had enough syns left etc.

I find just PMcK works best just as it is.

ppeatfruit Fri 24-Sep-10 17:21:32

I don't know how S.W. works apart from the food combining on diff. days what does syns mean?

Pwsimerimew Sat 25-Sep-10 18:30:23

You get up to 15 syns a day so not to go with out any treats so a glass of wine would be 5 syns, square crisps 5 syns, ketchup 1 syn etc. Kinda like WW points.
I'm not well today, got a cold, so not really tasting my food.
I'm not worried though cos I know PM will be there for me when I'm on form again grin
Have a good weekend all.

maduggar Sun 26-Sep-10 15:17:26

Have slipped lsightly this weekend, I am eating too fast & too much again this week!

emmie31 Mon 27-Sep-10 10:52:18

Hi Everyone, how are you all doing? had my 1st night out in 100 years on sat so had quite a few drinks and a trip to the takeaway on the way home, sorry but it has to be done doesn't it! The CD must be working ( although I always fall asleep) as I really don't feel guilty at all and carried on doing the Paul Mckenna rules on sunday, usually if I'd been "naughty" on a sat I'd think sod it and carry on being bad on Sunday, but didn't feel that way at all... And it's so lovely waking up on a Monday and not thinking " must be good today" and live off salad and watery soup, while craving a nice sandwich.

ppeatfruit Mon 27-Sep-10 13:07:55

After re motivating myself i've been seriously doing P.M. I'm amazed how little i can eat before I feel full anyone else notice that? Glad you've got the mental impetus now emmie smile

emmie31 Mon 27-Sep-10 13:39:10

I Know what you mean, I'm used to eating every scap of my meals but I'm definately leaving more food, and not feeling bad about it cos I know I can eat more later if I'm hungry! smile

Pwsimerimew Mon 27-Sep-10 17:13:54

Glad you're all still here. Things are a bit hectic here but the desire to be thinner still there in the background. Shame feeling under the weather isn't putting me off my food - unfortunately, it's having the opposite effect, I eat what I fancy. ( Far too quickly)
Never mind, things will work out!

Pwsimerimew Wed 29-Sep-10 09:00:56

How's it going?

ppeatfruit Wed 29-Sep-10 09:06:19

I THINK the belly was down a bit this morning! I'm sticking to the PM rules apart from I have to go to bed hungry and it always has a positive effect the next day!!

Pwsimerimew Wed 29-Sep-10 09:20:19

Think I need some inspiration. I'll come back later today and read the whole thread again to see if I can find it there smile

emmie31 Thu 30-Sep-10 10:38:25

Good Morning everyone!!! Well I'm very happy this morning, I've braved the scales and lost 2 pounds, I'm so happy with this as for the last few months on weight watchers I've been up 1/2 a pound then lost 1/2 pound , so to have lost 2 pounds eating what I want is brilliant. I'm cancelling my WW monthly pass and using the money to join the Gym, which I would have been too self conscious to do before, I'm sure those cd's are brainwashing me into feeling better about myself.... grin

ppeatfruit Fri 01-Oct-10 12:31:04

Fabulous news emmie31 well done !!

ppeatfruit Mon 04-Oct-10 08:32:11

Where is everyone? i've got good news i lost nearly 2 kilos!! Finally!! so i'm carrying on it's easier 'cos my DH is away working so he isn't cooking after 8pm.

emmie31 Mon 04-Oct-10 10:34:36

Well done!!!! grin

ppeatfruit Mon 04-Oct-10 10:58:06

thanks emmie have you got to the gym yet? I just try to keep moving all day (you know plies while washing up, running up the stairs etc.)

arfur Mon 04-Oct-10 11:53:57

Well done ladies. Have been trying but finding it a bit tricky but my new PM book with the journal is now here and am rereading and going to start journal asap which I am hoping will help! Had slight issue friday with dd's birthday tea when I couldnt stop eating the buffet type stuff but I stopped when I was full and didnt have tea with DH as I would normally have done so I am still chalking it up as kind of a success! Cant stop weighing myself daily so might have to move scales as I know this is counter productive. Keep up the good work! x

PurpleLoopyWolf Mon 04-Oct-10 12:29:02

Marking my place...have started using paul mckenna app, so will see how it goes!! seems such a practical weight loss plan. encouraged by those who have lost, well done and keep up the good work!!

emmie31 Mon 04-Oct-10 13:20:17

PP Had my induction at the gym on sat morning and I'm still alive to tell the tale! So glad I went and quite enjoyed it, wasn't as bad as I'd remembered!(and it's a sneaky bit of me time) arfur I'd definately say skipping tea because you weren't hungry is considered a sucess, and good luck purple I can't wait to see how you both do..... smile

ppeatfruit Mon 04-Oct-10 15:50:00

Welcome purpleloopy I think it's great 'cos there are no weird 'pretend' foods and you can tailor it to suit yrself, as a teacher i also like it because it reeducates ones attitude to food.

PurpleLoopyWolf Mon 04-Oct-10 16:07:14

Totally agree ppeatfruit, actually enjoying the mild feeling of hunger, and therefore enjoying my meals more as i am ready for them. I am exercising also, have a concept 2 rowing machine which I have den using, and walking more.

PurpleLoopyWolf Mon 04-Oct-10 16:13:26

Been using!

ppeatfruit Tue 05-Oct-10 11:56:31

Ha smile

arfur Wed 06-Oct-10 11:31:12

Hi all, have been using my journal and promised myself Im not going to weigh myself till day before I go on holiday (next Thurs). Think the journal is helping a bit actually, just makes me stop and think at the end of the day and jogs your memory for things like drinking your water etc also acts as a kind of count your blessings therapy which is kinda nice actually. Hope you are all ok. x

emmie31 Wed 06-Oct-10 12:03:13

Hi Arfur, sounds like you're doing great, well done for not weighing yourself, it's so hard isn't it?... I've got the old paul mckenna from asda, whats the journal all about? is it helpful?

ppeatfruit Wed 06-Oct-10 12:04:58

I'm fine thanks Arfur are you going any where nice? My jeans are feeling looser always a good sign!!

arfur Wed 06-Oct-10 13:02:23

Im off to Florida - cant wait! And Im not stressing about the food as i know as long as I follow the rules itll be fine. The journal is just a space every day to fill in which of the rules you are managing a positive thought about your day and something you are looking forward to the next day with some inspiring stuff from PM. Sounds quite lame from my description but its ok actually just jogs your memory a bit IFKWIM. And on the subject of jeans am wearing the 14s today - Im not saying theres no muffin top but at least they do up I can breathe!

arfur Wed 06-Oct-10 13:03:32

AND I can breathe blush

emmie31 Wed 06-Oct-10 14:20:29

Florida!!! I'm sooooooooooooo jealous envy I'd love to go back there, please eat a tacho bell, a corn dog and salt and vinegar cape cod crisps for me please oh and a funnel cake, wanted to eat one but forgot, but they looked lush!!! sorry got a bit excited there grin Please don't say you're going to disney or I'll die, I have a mental age of a 5 year old and I would actually live in the magic kingdom and live in a cinderella dress!! Right I'll stop now as I'm beginning to sound a bit nuts...

ppeatfruit Wed 06-Oct-10 15:46:10

What's a funnel cake they sound a bit weird like a spider!?!!

emmie31 Wed 06-Oct-10 15:53:13

it looked like a funnel shaped waffley type cake filled with cream yuuuuuuuuuum!!!

ppeatfruit Thu 07-Oct-10 08:23:51

I bet even if you started one on PM you wouldn't be able to finish it!!! grin

emmie31 Thu 07-Oct-10 09:38:11

Ha ha yes you are probably right grin

ppeatfruit Fri 08-Oct-10 10:40:28

Well something has killed this thread anyone else out there?

arfur Fri 08-Oct-10 11:51:28

yep - still here pp, how are you doing? Im ok still having the odd need to eat stuff when Im not hungry but still havent weighed myself so thats progress. And Emmie - will keep a lookout for the funnel cakes and let you know how much I can eat if I find one x

ppeatfruit Fri 08-Oct-10 14:52:40

I'm the same if I'm tired, I'm thinking of giving up, they say if you give up you loose weight quicker 'cos you don't obsess(although it's hard to break old habits!) I only need to loose a stone anyway.

emmie31 Sat 09-Oct-10 20:12:59

Don't give up PPeatfruit, you're doing so well... If it makes you feel better I've totally fallen off the wagon this weekend , but I'm gonna try and focus 2 morrow... Sometimes though life does get in the way, baby wont sleep so I really want to eat cos i'm tired, child number 1 is having problems at school so I get cross and want wine!!! P.s you cant give up you guys keep me going.

ppeatfruit Sun 10-Oct-10 08:25:35

Of course you're right emmie and i was feeling down I had been awake since 3a.m.!! (I don't have DCs here for a good excuse!) I will keep on though it feels like 1 step forward and 2 back IYKWIM. smile

ppeatfruit Sun 10-Oct-10 08:39:39

I do sympathise I remember those days!! I'm a bit of a rebel when it comes to schools (esp. as i am a teacher!) I took my 3 DCs out to home ed at different times in their school careers i wouldn't put up having them bullied by ANYBODY.

emmie31 Sun 10-Oct-10 12:25:49

Hi PPeatfruit
I think that tiredness is one of the worse things ever, and like you I always feel down if I'm tired.. And the 3 o clock wake up has to be the worse I'm sure that's the time where everything starts churning around your brain. Really nervous today as son starts full time tomorrow, have since found out at a party yesterday that other children have been hit bitten etc at school so thankfully my son hasn't been singled out ( makes me feel better in a bizzare way!) I have to say the teachers have been brilliant and said they have split the trouble makers up and are constantly watching them at break times etc... I'm sure school wasn't this bad when I was little.

I can so understand you taking your children out of school , bullying is awful. I always hated confrontation but my children have bought out the lioness in me so the other kids mums better watch out!!!

brassband Sun 10-Oct-10 17:35:07

Could I ask a question?
I have decided that PM seems right up my street.I am going to buy the book this week but have just been exploring on the web so far.
he rates hunger/fullness levels on a scale of 1-10.
But I tend not to really feel 'hunger' in my stomach, but to get progressively more irritable/headachey if my blood sugar level drops even though I don't actually fell hunger ,IYKWIM.
How would this work with PM?

emmie31 Sun 10-Oct-10 18:21:39

I'm really not sure how you'd gage your hunger, as I'd have thought waiting till your sugar level drops and you have the headaches would be a bad idea... I'm properly stumped! At the beginning of the thread a poster called autumn followed all the rules apart from the hunger one as she said she always felt hungry (opposite to you) so would always be eating, so just ate the 3 meals a day and no snacks. Then maybe if you got the headaches in between you'd know to eat a banana or whatever to up your sugar.

Someone else will prob have better advice for you1

ppeatfruit Mon 11-Oct-10 11:42:57

brassband I know what you mean,. what I do is look at the time i'm eating and if it's more than 2 hrs after I will eat but as you continue on PM you DO feel hungry,eating with yr eyes closed helps too.

ppeatfruit Mon 11-Oct-10 11:51:25

Also being tired actually changes yr hormone (or blood sugar levels) I can't quite remember!! so you actually feel hungry MORE, as emmie says, oh emmie i know the lioness feeling!!I hope yr DS gets on OK.

ppeatfruit Mon 11-Oct-10 12:07:02

Oh and welcome brassband you'll do well on here!! smile

arfur Tue 12-Oct-10 13:59:34

Just a quick post before I go off to the sun not been a bad week but have had the odd slip here and there. Anyway weighed myself today (couldnt bear it anymore and also might not have time to post tomorrow) and have lost 2 pounds so am well chuffed. Will try to keep it up whilst on hol and let you know how the funnel cakes taste! Good luck all and catch you in a fortnight x

emmie31 Fri 15-Oct-10 19:27:37

arfur you prob wont get this now but if you do have a LUSH holiday and I'm so jealous, well done for losing 2 pounds thats brilliant smile

ppeatfruit Mon 18-Oct-10 11:07:37

How's it going emmie? I'm soldiering on and noticed my jeans loosen again with plenty of walking.

emmie31 Wed 20-Oct-10 14:21:11

Hello Ppeatfruit, Sounds like you're doing brilliantly , i haven't noticed my clothes getting looser and I haven't weighed since the last time, I'm trying to lose that obsession! I'm loving the gym at the moment and I'm sure it's those cd's that are motivating me... It's also great that after the gym I can get home and eat lovely winter food like toad in the hole and not feel an ounce of guilt , gonna weigh myself in 2 weeks and see how I've done, have to say though there's a bit of a gap between my bum cheek and leg now ha ha!!! Are you still finding it ok?

ppeatfruit Wed 20-Oct-10 18:11:36

Yeah but had lunch out today; a buffet start and chevre chaude salad and finished DHs creme brulee!! so oh dear !!But i'm fine, how's yr DS?

emmie31 Wed 20-Oct-10 20:04:54

Oooh I love creme brulee.. My little boy seems fine, he was so oblivious to all the nastiness bless him, he still goes to school with a smile on his face and the teachers seem to really look after him and they are so lovely.. A little boy ran up to him last week and hugged him goodbye so that made me feel so much better, and a little girl seems to have taken him under her wing, shes like a little wife, it's so cute. The teachers say hes a very happy child and that's all I want.. thanks for asking xx

ppeatfruit Thu 21-Oct-10 09:02:06

Aaah that's lovely, you and yr DS are lucky having good AND kind teachers.x

follyfoot Thu 21-Oct-10 09:15:52

I always laugh to myself when I see how 'mainstream medical' McKenna has become. When I lived in Lancashire, he was performing his act in a tinpot Blackpool end of the pier type show

arfur Sat 30-Oct-10 20:17:24

Hi all, hope you are all still at it! just back from a fortnight in Florida where everything comes with swiss cheese, fries and ranch dressing! Still kept at it mostly altho cheesecake was difficult to resist so had it for lunch a couple of times! Still weighed myself yesterday and am same as when I left YAY! So definitely works - keep up the good work girles x

vintage4 Sat 30-Oct-10 20:35:46

yes still at it though mu cd has been chucked out with my old music system?old.I have eaten a Waitrose toffee apple tonight and it was brilliant.I can honestly say it is the first "bad" thing i have eaten since i started in January but i don1t feel i will suddenly go mad and start eating cakes etc.A few people have started saying i have lost TOO MUCH WEIGHT WHICH IS BLOODY ANNOYING

emmie31 Tue 02-Nov-10 15:21:39

I'm so Impressed 2 weeks in Florida and still the same weight, well done!!! smile hope you had a lovely time...I'm still jealous!

emmie31 Tue 02-Nov-10 16:12:05

Hi Vintage4 , you must have done so well, I pray for the day someone tells me I've lost too much weight!! I'm loving the guilt free eating I have to say and I'm no longer on and off the scales depressing myself, I'm also loving the gym which I would never have said before so I'm sure the cd's are working... can I ask how much you've lost?

ppeatfruit Thu 04-Nov-10 09:13:01

hello all I've lost another 2 kilos so it's still going well! Also onto more protein less carbs. Yes emmie congrats arfur!!

arfur Thu 04-Nov-10 10:32:57

Well done PP thats amazing! Have been really picking at stuff since back from hols but listened to cd at bedtime last nite to try and get back on track.

arfur Thu 11-Nov-10 09:19:01

Have lost another 2 pounds since my holiday and am well chuffed as it now means Im below my usual sticking point where it normally all goes wrong. Hows everyone else doing?

arfur Thu 11-Nov-10 09:21:09

Also I tried on a skirt and pair of trousers that I bought last year and have not worn as too small blush and they fit me now YAY!

ppeatfruit Thu 11-Nov-10 09:52:22

That's really good arfur!! I'm still loosing and I've got a fab exercise for a flat tummy;Lie flat or legs bent up and pull up yr whole top half in a straight line.

emmie31 Sat 13-Nov-10 14:21:17

Hello everyone!!! decided to weigh myself today and I've lost 8 pounds!!!!!!grinIt's my birthday today so I'm gonna go a bit mad later at an all you can eat restaurant and have lots to drink.. Hope you're all doing ok

ppeatfruit Sat 13-Nov-10 20:10:32

Well done emmie have a lovely birthday! smile sorry to sound mumsy on mumsnet!! but don't over do it!! I've lost another kilo so still doing fine.

emmie31 Sun 14-Nov-10 10:28:02

well done PP, we'll soon be skinny minnies! Well didn't overdo it in the end as my husband forgot to book a table, plonker! so came home had slice of cake and 1 glass of wine... unfortunately I get over excited on birthdays ( I know you'd have thought I was 5 not 32!) so ended up falling asleep on the sofa.. great day though grin

arfur Sun 14-Nov-10 10:58:44

Happy birthday Emmie and well done on the 8 pounds fantastic!

ppeatfruit Sun 14-Nov-10 15:08:08

How's it going arf? is there anyone else there??

emmie31 Sun 14-Nov-10 17:30:11

Thanks arfur smile

ppeatfruit Mon 15-Nov-10 07:59:11

That exercise i described seems to have started much quicker weight loss and body sculpting try it arf and emm. Also remembering to keep belly muscles tight!!!

emmie31 Mon 15-Nov-10 17:51:04

I'll give it a go, so you don't crunch like a sit up? how many do you do?

ppeatfruit Tue 16-Nov-10 10:08:42

Start gradually do what you feel happy with; 2or 3 twice a day you can put one arm behind yr head then both when you get stronger.For the belly muscles count 10 to pull and hold for 5

VJay Thu 18-Nov-10 11:42:01

Hello, my PM book arrived today, I've watched the dvd and have read the first part of the book. It all seems to make sense. So I was wondering how much weight I can expect to lose during the first couple of weeks. I have about 2 stone to lose to get down to a healthy weight.
TIA smile

ppeatfruit Thu 18-Nov-10 13:46:24

Everyone is different so it's difficult to say how long it will take you. Congrats for starting and we're here to keep you at it grin

VJay Thu 18-Nov-10 13:59:07

Thankyou grin

emmie31 Thu 18-Nov-10 17:07:50

Hi VJay!! Cant wait to hear how get on smile

ppeatfruit Fri 19-Nov-10 09:47:14

How's the exercising going emm?

emmie31 Fri 19-Nov-10 12:22:25

I'm loving the gym at the moment (how weird) gonna get the wii fit out later.. think my baby is on paul mckenna, she's eating dairylea sandwich and fromage frais at the same time, cos she's hungry and obviously fancied it! how you getting on?

ppeatfruit Fri 19-Nov-10 15:10:29

And the tummy exercises? I think that i've activated my tummy muscles and it seems to mean that i'm burning more calories than usual hooray !! Love to yr. LO's.

emmie31 Fri 19-Nov-10 17:44:29

haven't done the tummy things yet (check me out for being all honest) the floor is such a long way away and once I lie down I may not get up again... I will make it my mission to do some tomorrow, I'm in desperate need of some tummy muscles ha ha .

ppeatfruit Sat 20-Nov-10 09:14:12

I do it lying on my bed (you can do it IN bed!!) I spose it's best to have a fairly solid mattress. You don't move much to start.

ppeatfruit Wed 24-Nov-10 07:29:43

Okay i know i'm the kiss of death for most threads but i must tell you my slimming buddies I GOT INTO MY SIZE 12 JEANS TODAY YAAAAAY!!!!. That's with P.M. AND the exercise!!!

ppeatfruit Wed 24-Nov-10 07:34:00

They are admittedly stretch jeans but not elasticated waist, zip done up, no muffin top and Iam wearing full leggings under for warmth!!

arfur Wed 24-Nov-10 22:02:18

PP - thats fantastic well done! Am struggling a bit at the moment mainly due to a serious mince pie habit but know that I can get back on track whenever I like so am NOT downhearted! Keep up the good work everyone and if you are like me KEEP AWAY FROM THE MINCE PIES - THEY ARE THE WORK OF SATAN!! grin

ppeatfruit Thu 25-Nov-10 07:40:31

Thanks arf, they give me wind TMI apologies!! so i eat one at chris. and that's it, don't buy or, even more tempting, make them!!!! Try that tummy exercise it's amazing!

emmie31 Mon 29-Nov-10 12:49:11

Yeay PP!!!! Well done grin you must be so chuffed and slim in time for crimbo x

ppeatfruit Tue 30-Nov-10 09:23:23

Thanks emm! How are things going with you?

emmie31 Tue 30-Nov-10 10:15:31

have been decorating like mad so didn't get down the gym much last week, also I went away with work and stayed in a lush hotel... lets just say I made the most of the breakfast!!! back on track now though. would love to be a size 12 i'm an inbetween 15 at the moment ( but at least I'm not wearing my maternity trousers anymore blush If I can get to a small 12 by next summer I'll be very happy smile I must start listening to my cd's again i've slacked there...

ppeatfruit Tue 30-Nov-10 17:47:53

I should think that decorating is as good as a work out smile that tummy exercise seems to have really kick started my weight loss and the P.M. is just how i eat now!

ppeatfruit Sun 05-Dec-10 09:22:51

Is anybody there???

arfur Tue 14-Dec-10 10:53:49

Still here but not doing terribly well - xmas stress distracting me from the PM way but prob still not eating as much as I would normally and still (just) wearing the size 14 jeans! Keep up the good work everyone! xx

Menagerie Tue 14-Dec-10 13:17:29

Can I join in? I have 1.5 stone to lose and have the book and CD. Can't face dieting at christmas and in winter,s o this sounds like thing to try. tried before and it was brilliant, so can't work out why I stopped...

emmie31 Wed 15-Dec-10 12:18:48

Hi Mangerie! of course you can join in smile Wish me luck I'm going to a spinning class tonight, must be a prat cos I've seen what those poor people look like when they leave class... I think what I've got most out of this is the confidence to go to the gym and exercise and not getting on the scales, I really dont feel the need to jump on and off, my clothes feel looser and people are starting to notice and ask if i've lost weight... I love saying " ooh I might of but I've not been dieting just exercising"

Hi PP and Arfur, had so much on at the moment so not posted, teaching myself to crochet to take my mind off food when I'm not hungry, it's really working because it turns out I'm crap at crochet so Its taking such concentration I haven't got time to think of food grin

ppeatfruit Fri 17-Dec-10 10:49:37

OOh emms I've been meaning to try crotcheting it looks fun but can you do it while watching T.V? It sounds like you're doing well . Welcome Menagerie! smile

emmie31 Fri 17-Dec-10 15:25:58

Great minds and all that!!! leaning to do the basic stitches is quite easy and found some tutorials on you tube to help. Making something pretty is quite hard but I WILL do it. and its a good food craving buster.... I bet experienced crochet peeps can watch the telly.

You all ready for crimbo? I'm sooooooooooooooooo excited and we've actually got proper snow today WHOO HOO grin

arfur Sat 18-Dec-10 12:07:40

Spooky - I recently took up knitting for same reason! Its very easy after a bit altho I dont do anything fancy just scarves (straight lines wink) but its virtually impossible to knit succesfully whilst eating chocolate so is a winning formula - has turned out a couple of xmas pressies too! Lots of snow here today - keep up the good work everyone and stay safe and warm xx

ppeatfruit Sat 18-Dec-10 14:29:50

How are you doing arfur? We hit proper snow on our way back to mid west France frightening when it's coming straight at you in the car I love it when you don't have to be any where.

ppeatfruit Sat 18-Dec-10 14:33:08

in fact emms i got the sledge out and used it at the beginning of dec. YAAAY!! but there's hardly any here today.

Menagerie Mon 20-Dec-10 18:31:03

Thanks for the welcome.

I know I'm not supposed to but jumped on scales today and have lost 2lb in six days without even trying. Haven't had binge cravings either.

Does anyone else find they just don't want breakfast? I always used to eat it because I was told it kick starts your metabolism but I don't wake up hungry and have been feeling much livelier by not bothering with it.

ppeatfruit Tue 21-Dec-10 17:02:52

The main thing is to go with yr own body; if you don't feel hungry then don't eat! You may find you change as yr body gets used to P.M.

ppeatfruit Mon 03-Jan-11 10:21:17

hello happy new Year everyone !! Did you all make it through the festivities okay? Anyone out there?

Hi, not sure if this thread is still going strong..but bought the book and CD yesterda, have been reading and just about to start listening to the CD - I used hypnotherapy for stopping smoking, really successfully, so hoping this will work for me! I am around 10st 10, and really would like to get back down to around 9st - had DD 9 months ago, and its just not moving. Be nice to get support from others doing it! I feel quite positive, although have only read the first bit of the book, and wonder how on earth am going to eat slowly - I barely have time to eat at work as it is, always having to cram a sandwich in on the go - how does anyone else manage with this?

emmie31 Mon 03-Jan-11 18:59:14

Happy new year everybody!!!!! Hello Missmakesstuff.... I'm still trying to lose the baby weight too sounds like our little ones are the same age, I've found this so easy but will admit the eat slowly was hard at first but you just get used to it, I dont go back to work till feb so can't advise you on the eating at work thing yet. I;ve found this so much easier than weight watchers and found I'm eating so much less. I really dont know how much weight I've lost, as I've lost all interest in the scales since joining the gym and listening to the cds ( which is good for me as i was obsessed, and if things didn't look good I'd eat loads and feels really down} I'm judging by my clothes and when I'm finally a size 12 I'll be happy regardless of what the scales may say. Good luck and hopefully PPeatfruit will be on here soon as she gives good advice.

ppeatfruit Tue 04-Jan-11 10:27:19

Hi emmie smile thanks for the good wishes. Welcome mismakestuff. When working I take a plastic pot of seeds, nuts and sultanas you can eat them slowly.

ppeatfruit Tue 04-Jan-11 10:29:53

..cont and if you're still hungry then have yr sandwich. you'll find as emms says you eat less but more often.

Thats great advice, thanks, only managed to listen to the CD twice, but going to try to listen every night before bed. Will try the nuts seeds etc, think that will help, can get mixes with dark choc covered raisins etc in them, so will get my choc fix!
Has anyone done the visualisation stuff in the book? or just read it and listened to the CD? I felt like I was just listening half asleep, not really taking it in, not sure if it works doing it like this?
How have people found it with drinking? I drink a fair bit of wine...blush I'm sure thats making me put on loads of weight, but he just glosses over it in the book! Which is nice, but don't really beleive him to be honest when he says there aren't any fat alcoholics...

ppeatfruit Fri 07-Jan-11 09:19:53

TBH I've read the book once, not listened to the C.D. but i've watched the T.V. progs. and googled him. hey good news he's on here!! we can ask him about alcohol!

ppeatfruit Fri 07-Jan-11 09:23:54

Yes missmakestuff 'cos like you i know a lot of fat drinkers! Also interested in his ideas about caffeine.

Been doing it about hree nights so far, uncannily I do seem to just want to eat less - I have been dividing most things in half and giving them to my husband (he LOVES this diet!) and then eating whats left, sometimes not all of that. so going ok I think, even left half a chocolate cake yesterday, and chocolate is my downfall. and bread. and cheese. and of course wine. It's empy calories, esp wine, when I was doing fat fighters I found I had to save up a whole weeks worth of points just to enjoy a couple of glasses, I can't see how he is saying that it doesn't count. If you apply the same principle of savour every mouthful, then maybe it would make me drink slower, but I would never be full grin.

What do you mean he's on here (looks around furtively, trying to imagine what mind tricks he might be playing on us without our knowledge!)

ppeatfruit Sat 08-Jan-11 16:57:20

he's being interviewed on here next week! it says on the news page but no date yet.

ppeatfruit Sat 08-Jan-11 16:59:02

It sounds like you're doing well !! congrats smile

Oh cool! yes, saw that. Didn't really think he was a mumsnetter blush
Cheers, it is going well. still struggling with the snacking when I'm not hungry, just have to keep stopping myself, as I just find I am picking at things - making dinner, making lunch for DD - picking and eating, but not actually hungry. Not going to worry too much about that at the moment though, as my portions are so small now, will just keep concentrating on eating slowly.

Seeing as it's just you and me on this thread I might move to the other one though.......grinits good to keep updating I find it helps me to see my progress.

ppeatfruit Tue 11-Jan-11 11:28:29

yeah I'm on the other one as well! I wonder where the others have gone!!?? I find the picking thing is the worst for weight loss.

emmie31 Wed 12-Jan-11 17:47:32

Helloooooo you sound like you're doing fab Missmakes! Hi PP! Are you 2 gonna watch Paul Mckenna's web chat later?

PP I dont think I'm doing the sit up thingy right, can you explain it again please, I've read your instructions but dont think i get it!

Tried spinning at the gym yesterday and OH MY GOD I nearly died!

Are you both still on this thread or have you moved to the other one?

cutiepiepudding Wed 12-Jan-11 21:44:16

hi guys feeling a bit lost. staring reading paul march last year, and found that it worked really well. lost a stone in a couple of months but nothing has really has happened since (i still need to loose another 2 stone). i haven't put any back on but just stayed the same. i think that i might be slipping back to my old ways-eating my dinner to quickly, which then means im over eating! just wondering if anyone has some words of wisdom to get me back into it??

ppeatfruit Thu 13-Jan-11 10:19:01

hi emms nice to hear from you ;Exercise; Lie flat on firm surface (can be a bed!!) try and lift top half of body from hip in straight line (keeping head in line with spine) cont..

ppeatfruit Thu 13-Jan-11 10:36:16

You won't raise yr self more than 3 or 4 inches but it will activate yr tummy muscles. I've done and taught almost every exercise method there is and this is the BEST!

ppeatfruit Thu 13-Jan-11 10:41:16

For weight loss and toning!!Cutie welcome! try googling P.M., eat with yr. eyes closed sometimes also try the exercise!

emmie31 Thu 13-Jan-11 17:26:44

Thanks PP, Hi cutie pie! I did the eyes closed thing at the beginning and it does work.... I think Paul M should hire you pp as his guru!

ppeatfruit Fri 14-Jan-11 10:54:47

I reread yr post emms and it is NOT a sit up exercise!! hey i won tickets to his thing at Hammersmith in Feb. I'm excited as I'm going with my DD!!

mummyosaurus Sun 23-Jan-11 10:31:58

Hello

I'm new to this and have been reading the book for a week, done the cd 3 time. The idea is to start tomorrow (Monday).

Have 4 - 6 stone to lose ideally.

Have been doing slimming world, for 2 years, initially lost a stone then got stuck.

I did the cd for the 3rd time today and when I visualise the person who loves and respects me bit I cried. Is my self esteem beyond help do you think?

overthehillmum Sun 23-Jan-11 15:18:45

Hi Mummyosaurus, I feel a bit the same, been doing the book and CD for two weeks now and lost 11 lbs. Listening to the CD is definitely important, I haven't listened to it for a couple of days and I have found myself wanting to eat in between meals today which I haven't before. I walked back from work today (3.8 miles) and enjoyed it!!! Chin up xx

ppeatfruit Mon 24-Jan-11 09:26:24

Welcome mummyosaurus try googling P.M. ICMYT for extra motivation and overthehill congrats. you are MEANT to eat when you're hungry forget the 3 meals thing.

ppeatfruit Mon 24-Jan-11 09:35:22

How are you doing with the exercise emms? I'm on the 2011 thread as well which is SOO popular.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now