Happiness has a ceiling

(6 Posts)
pennygoodlife Tue 27-Sep-16 12:58:41

It's 2 yrs on sat since my DM left me. It's felt like 2 years as well. I've lost both parents. Whilst it was their time, I suppose... And I'm a lucky middle aged mum of two delightful DC I don't think I'll ever be truly happy or maybe I mean carefree, again. I can only get so happy before I hit that ceiling. But if you saw me you'd think I was a happy soul with lots of life. That's what loss does to you. I wish one of them was there for a chat, or just a knowing smile, when the kids are playing up, mum could say " their only kids, relax" when I can't be bothered to rustle up a meal she say oh make it easy on yourself get a take away oh I could go on. Sorry I'm being a bit indulgent. But it's just a sad time at the moment X

butterfly990 Tue 27-Sep-16 15:33:08

Be gentle on yourself. What would they be saying to you now?

Take care of yourself xx

Findmuckery Tue 27-Sep-16 15:39:05

pennygoodlife it's hard isn't it? You're parents would want you to be happy and they would be proud of you with your DC. You're right though, things take on a different slant when you lose a parent flowers

alazuli Wed 28-Sep-16 21:48:38

penny just wanted to say sorry for your loss. it must be very hard to lose both your parents. i think losing someone you love changes you forever. you're not as innocent and carefree anymore. hugs for you. xx

LuckyBitches Fri 30-Sep-16 15:56:25

Your post resonates with me OP. It's been 2.5 years since my lovely little brother died, and I don't think I'll be as happy as I was before, but I am definitely more appreciative, which I'm glad about. I've just realised that life is inherently sad. Your parent's haven't left you completely if you know how what they'd say to you - they live on in you. Why not have a chat with them, even if they're not there?

flowers

ssd Sat 01-Oct-16 23:08:01

losing both parents is just awful, its never the same thanks

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now