Missing my dad & feeling lonely

(9 Posts)
Achica123 Wed 13-Apr-16 09:17:32

I have lost my dad a few years ago. I was surrounded by many people and family when he passed away all so suddenly. I thought I had enough time to heal my wounds, but for some reason these wounds are all back now and feeling so raw. I am hurting inside - may be harder than when he passed away. Feeling hollow, so hollow. I am constantly upset, on the look out for him, and feeling stuck.
I am a strong person in general - but feeling so fragmanted now. All I could think of is him, how much I want too talk to him and spend time with him doing different things.

Yorkshirebornandbread Wed 13-Apr-16 21:51:08

Hi Achica, my dad died nearly a year ago and the pain is still so strong, I don't really talk about it anymore because I'm sure everyone is bored hearing about it. Pain is the price we pay for love, and we are paying a very high price. No words of wisdom, just sympathy x

TheBouquets Thu 14-Apr-16 02:30:08

Hi Achica
It is so hard when we lose someone we love. I have come here tonight because I am very like you. I feel alone.
Hi Yorkshirebornandbred. You are so right that the pain is the price for loving. I just feel I cant cope but I just have to for the sake of others. I am sure that cant be good but it must be done.
Thinking of you both

beckenman12 Sun 24-Apr-16 22:23:27

Have son 18 who can't cope with Dad death. Been 8 months. Any advice please. Still in school

Shakey15000 Sun 24-Apr-16 22:29:04

I think about my Dad every day and he died when I was 4. Mostly I wonder if he's proud of me, muse what kind of relationship we would have had etc.

Hugs for you all who have lost a lot more memories than I have flowers

SteamyMcDreamy Sun 24-Apr-16 22:48:25

flowers for everyone. I wish I had any advice. I lost my DF 6 years ago and for the first year it was so incredibly difficult. Especially at birthdays and anniversaries. I thought over the last few years I was dealing with the grief a bit better.

Something has triggered the grief again and I'm back to square one. I miss my dad so so much. I wish he was here with me. I want to hear his voice. We had our arguments but we both knew how much we loved one another.

I thought I was learning how to cope and now I wish I could run from the pain. It's hurts so much. My heart feels like it's breaking again. He isn't here to see his gorgeous grandchildren grow up. He would have been so proud of them.

I know my DM is so sad he isn't with us anymore. I wish I could take away her pain as well.

I'm sorry if I haven't been any help.

stopfuckingshoutingatme Tue 26-Apr-16 16:16:48

I miss my dad, its only been 2 weeks

I miss his unconditional love, without him out family is splintered and I feel very much unloved and alone. I have my own kids, and good friends but feel like completely disconnected from my mum and brother. Its like now he is gone, they don't want to pretend to love me, or give a fuck.

I am grateful for what I had, and we had a good death if that makes sense

beckenman12 - I was chatting with a friend about death (!) and we both agreed the hardest age to lose a parent is between 8 and 20, as you are still growing, need them, and don't have the wisdom the process it. your poor son. Could you manage to get some private bereavement counselling? Even a few sessions might help him, poor lamb. How is it manifesting? does he speak?

NurseRosie Tue 26-Apr-16 18:58:06

Aww guys, I feel so sad for you all. I share your grief, I lost my Dad 5 years ago. He was young and it was such a shock. I miss him everyday but my family like to talk and share memories. I think life just grows around the loss but we never get over it.
I also lost my bestie last year, again such a shock. She was like my sister, we talked everyday, miss her so much too.
I am struggling a little as I've just found out I am pregnant, I am so so happy but struggle to think that my little one will never know these great people. I find it hard that my Dad was never a grandad, he would have been great and would have loved it. Life can be so unfair. Got to be thankful for those around us and those coming to join us I guess.
Beckenman, sorry fir your loss. Ask your GP about counselling, our local hospice have a children's support system. His school may also be aware of something like that too x x

WillIEverBeASizeTen Tue 26-Apr-16 23:50:10

I'm lying here in bed, and it just came from nowhere. I picked up the iPad to come on here and 'vocalise' my feelings, but you've done it for me OP

I lost my Mum nearly 4 years ago..I miss her so very very much. I'm not the same person, part of me died with her. I will never have a relationship with anyone like I had with my Mum. I will never truly get over the loss.

I sympathise with all of youthanks

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now