it's been a year already

(4 Posts)
Theonlyweighisdown Tue 15-Mar-16 22:48:46

I can't believe it's been a year since my amazing dad died. He was ill and we knew his illness would take him eventually so we were prepared for a gradual decline. Instead his heart just stopped. My mum was ill for a long time before she died, was in a lot of pain so was 'easier' almost. We were glad she was no longer suffering and I am glad he didn't have to go through that in the end. But I feel robbed. I just want my mum and dad. I'm a grown up, nearly 40 but really just want to hug them again.

Sorry, I know I probably don't make sense.

Yorkshirebornandbread Tue 15-Mar-16 23:32:25

Dear Only - it's nearly a year since my dad died, I can truly say that I have never felt so much pain, I miss him so much. It is hard to lose your parents when you are so young, we aren't old enough to be the Older Generation. I have no words of wisdom, just know how hard it is, I hope you have support from friends, family and colleagues x

Theonlyweighisdown Wed 16-Mar-16 07:44:01

Thank you. Sorry for your loss too. It really sucks, I was only 26 when my mum died and now 10 years later my dad is gone too. I wish I had taken the day off work, think I misjudged how hard I would find today.

Yesvember Wed 16-Mar-16 07:51:27

flowers

It makes complete sense, it is hard. A year is no time at all. Try to do something nice for yourself today, and maybe buy a little bunch of daffs or something, to mark a little remembrance.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now