I feel robbed

(10 Posts)
Sleepingbunnies Sun 06-Mar-16 06:59:06

Just lying here listening to my two eldest DDs (6&4) whispering in their room about whether it's time to get up and give me my mother's day cards and I just can't shift the lump in my throat.

My mum died when I was 4 and my sister was 18 months sad we never got to whisper in our room and run down the stairs excitedly and bring up our home made creations.

I feel utterly robbed. It's not fair. I want to stamp my feet and scream 'I want my mummy' sad

flowers for anyone else who is going to have a hard day xx

sandgrown Sun 06-Mar-16 07:03:15

Nothing much I can say to help sorry. I miss my mum too but I had her till I was an adult. Have a lovely day with your girls flowers

Sleepingbunnies Sun 06-Mar-16 07:20:24

Thank you. We have a nice day planned so maybe I should just focus on that. Sorry for your loss too.

MaryRobinson Sun 06-Mar-16 07:31:51

I'm sorry, that's very unfair and hard. I hope you are able to have a nice day with your kids, and to remember your mum too.

mycatsloveeachother Sun 06-Mar-16 07:33:21

flowers

I also feel very cheated of a real relationship with my mum and my dad, though I was in my 30s when he died.

I think you can focus on what you do have and still miss what you didn't. Don't let people dismiss you with 'oh well you're a mum now.'

IWantToLiveInPawnee Sun 06-Mar-16 07:52:36

thanks for you from me .

So very sorry for your loss. It's not surprising that today marks so much sadness for you.

Having our own children certainly makes us reflect on our childhoods and yours was filled with such loss.

I hope you don't think it forward of me but have you tried talking to someone, a therapist? I believe this can really help you with working through your feelings.

Hope you have a lovely day with your children.

Sleepingbunnies Sun 06-Mar-16 08:33:49

iwant I never have.. just always think that's the way it is so just get on with it. Just catches some day and is much more raw than others.

IWantToLiveInPawnee Sun 06-Mar-16 08:40:03

I'm not surprised, I really feel for you.

I do have an associate who had a similar experience to you and will say it was the best thing they ever did (counselling).

I know it's just normal to you, but it was a huge tragedy and loss.

What little delights did you get from the DS and do you have any nice plans for today?

Sleepingbunnies Sun 06-Mar-16 10:16:28

I got lovely cards and daffodils smile

We have a fun day out planned. I will thibk about the counselling. Thank you x

IWantToLiveInPawnee Sun 06-Mar-16 11:41:40

Ah, how lovely smile

Enjoy your day.

Always post on here if you need a shoulder thanks

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now