Suddenly finding it hard to cope

(5 Posts)
SuddenlySad Fri 27-Nov-15 13:59:24

My father died a month ago. I've been coping very well up until this week. I've been sad obviously and had a few bad days but nothing like I'm feeling right now. It's all suddenly so big and so painful and I feel like I'm being ripped in half.

My husband left two months ago and I'm having to cope on my own and feel so wretched. I almost feel jealous of my mum because people are rallying round her and I'm very alone (I live a couple of hundred miles away). Of course then I feel guilty for feeling jealous!

I know this won't last and I'll get through it but I'm just so sad and having problems concentrating, sleeping, just generally lethargic. I keep having intrusive thoughts too. I just wish this bit would hurry up and bugger off so I can get on with missing my dad rather than being completely consumed by it all.

I don't really know why I'm posting aside from being comforted by posts on this forum. I suppose I just don't want to feel so alone.

mackinnonka Fri 27-Nov-15 15:38:17

You aren't alone! And how you feel is perfectly normal and reasonable, and sharing it is a very strong move.

There isn't a lot that can be said or done which frankly is crappy, as the only thing that will ease how you feel is time.

Have you got any friends nearby that can keep you company/comfort you?

It sounds like the lethargy is coming from you being quite emotionally drained with so many things happening so close together. Maybe try to get some dedicated relaxation time into your routine to help soothe your mind and thus let it unwind.

In the meantime use the forum or a diary as an outlet, it can be quite cathartic. flowers hug

SuddenlySad Fri 27-Nov-15 17:01:34

Thank you. I spoke to my mum on the phone earlier and I feel a bit better now. Had a mini breakdown at work at the beginning of the week and my GP has written me off work for two weeks. I'm going to make sure I get out each day for some exercise and be around people rather than locking myself away - it's a struggle but I know it will help.

This forum is a nice place to read about people who have gone through the same stuff and come out the other side.

mackinnonka Fri 27-Nov-15 17:14:21

Sounds like you have a good plan and hopefully you will see the benefits of it soon xx

SuddenlySad Tue 01-Dec-15 15:46:54

It's been a few days since I posted. More bad day than good but I've been around people and I know it will get easier so I'm trying to stay positive. I just wish the random bursting into tears stuff would stop! smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now