my best friend

(6 Posts)
Whothehellcares Wed 30-Sep-15 22:57:31

It's been 4 months since she passed and a year since her diagnosis.
I cry (privately) almost every day.
People change the subject when I mention her in conversation, but I desperately want to talk about her more to remember everything that made her my best friend.
I think I just need somewhere to unload.

321rd Wed 30-Sep-15 23:01:43

Really sorry to hear that Who.
My pals and I were chatting the other day ( two of them had just recently had bad news) and we were saying how some people can't bear to mention the " upsetting " thing so don't say anything at all. Where as saying anything is so much better.

What do you want to tell us about??

Whothehellcares Thu 01-Oct-15 23:18:03

I miss her so much.
I feel like I've lost my back up and my confidence has crashed, and I feel guilty for feeling this more selfish outcome rather than just the grief of loss.
Is this normal?
I suppose that's what I want to talk to others about, to see if my emotions and thoughts as a reaction to all this are reasonable; as well as making sure the good stuff/times are remembered.

321rd Fri 02-Oct-15 00:31:45

I'm so sorry who. This thread has only just updated. Sorry to leave you like that.

I think there are so many feeling that come with the loss of a close friend that guilt is just one of a zillion and all probably on the same day.
Do you have any mutual friends that feel like you? Even tho it won't be the same

Whothehellcares Fri 02-Oct-15 10:24:29

Thanks 321.
We have many mutual friends.
I guess we're all feeling it in different ways, I should try and reach out to them some more.

321rd Fri 02-Oct-15 10:44:58

It's very early days. I lost my sister in a tragic accident but I was really comforted in the early days with have her mentioned lots. And photos of her around. I know her boyfriend couldn't have photos up at their house. Everyone is different

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now