Rest in Peace Jenny

(2 Posts)
PuddingandPie1 Mon 06-Jul-15 11:50:14

Jenny was my partner in science practicals for my last two years at university. We sat next to each other on graduation day (mid-1970s!) but that was the last time I ever saw her. She has never been mentioned in the Old Students’ Magazine and has never, as far as I know, attended the once a decade reunions held for our cohort.
I see from her obituary that she a very successful career in Australia with a whole string of peer-reviewed publications to her credit. She never married but it seems she had a partner of many years standing.
It is a bit of shock when your contemporaries start dying off! sad

rogueantimatter Mon 06-Jul-15 14:47:03

I graduated in 1989..... shocked to be told I'd need bi-focals soon and noticed that DH who has always had famously good eye-sight now holds things at arm's length to read too. Our 'thing' is contemporaries who get serious health problems, usually cancer, but two cases of heart-disease. And nearly everyone has either lost a parent or has a parent in poor health.

It's often struck me that it must be poor to be very elderly (much much older than you - goes without saying grin) and potentially be the only surviving sibling or friend. Am I cheering you up? Though not, sorry.

Sorry to hear about your practicals partner.

Btw I heard that the fifties and sixties are supposed to be a stage of feeling contented and not needing as much external validation as when you were younger.....

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now