my lovely mum

(7 Posts)
aprilanne Thu 24-Apr-14 22:54:13

hi sorry about this but my mum died last march .and it is a nightmare .even although i am a 43 year old mother of 3 DS .i miss her horrendously .we lived in same street .so her house there and she,s not .i phoned her everyday and saw her .a bit much maybe but .asahm with a disabled DS.i have no siblings so no shared history .no friends .no fall out they just kid of faded away .my hubby seriously mentally ill .so probably feeling sorry about this .not trying to bore anyone .

So sorry to hear this April, have you talked to your GP about bereavement counselling?

Spero Thu 24-Apr-14 22:57:45

I am sorry to hear this. My mum died in March this year and I don't think I have really come to terms with the fact that she is gone, this is it and I will never speak to her again.

It is very hard. I also think it can take a very long time to come to terms with such a big grief. It also sounds like you have a lot on your plate, especially if your husband is not well. Is he getting the help he needs?

Do you think it might help to talk to someone - some people find it helpful. Your GP might be able to refer you for counselling.

aprilanne Thu 24-Apr-14 23:01:51

thanks i asked about 3 months after she died .cruse berevement service told me she had,nt been dead long enough .she was 62 no illness just lay on couch and took a heartattack .i thought my stepfather kidding when he phoned still think its the shock that is the worst thing

aprilanne Thu 24-Apr-14 23:05:48

yes spero .at christmas i got up and phoned her house at about 6am because we always did then it dawned on me she was,nt there .my hubby finally getting some help .he was in mental ward of hospital for a while .but home now with weekly visits

mummylin Thu 24-Apr-14 23:12:57

aprilanne I am so sorry for your loss. We do have a support thread for people who have lost a parent if you would like to join us there.

here

aprilanne Thu 24-Apr-14 23:21:20

thanks mummylin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now