Dreaming

(3 Posts)
porthtowanone Sun 20-Apr-14 09:50:33

My mum died 4 days ago ,she choked on some food and I cant stop dreaming at night about the way she died,she must have been so distressed ,people have said she is at peace now and whilst I understand this it doesn't make me feel any better ,will this feeling ever go away ?

custardcream1000 Sun 20-Apr-14 10:41:27

I am so sorry about your Mum and the way in which she passed. I can't even begin to imagine how devastated you and your family are feeling right now.

Grieving is so different for everyone so it's hard to say if the feelings will go away. My husband lost his mum 10 years ago. He still thinks about her everyday, but instead of feeling sad about losing her he now thinks about how wonderful it was to have her in his life. He still gets upset of course, but time has really helped him to come to terms with her death and focus on the great times they had together. HTH

Big hugs Porth xx

Superworm Thu 24-Apr-14 11:52:23

I'm so sorry about your mum. What a shock for you, for her to be taken so unexpectedly.

It's such early days and it's natural to relive in your mind what may have happened. Time helps, and talking too. Be kind to yourself thanks

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now