My sister is so lonely

(3 Posts)
bevy2603 Sun 16-Mar-14 19:22:51

I am worried about my sister - she lost her husband 18 months ago in a motorbike collision he died instantly aged 40 leaving behind a 9 year and twins aged 7 (all boys) I loved my b-I-l he was like a brother (they were childhood sweethearts) so he'd been around forever - I see my sister and nephews most weekends and we do what we can - DIY, sort bills and letter, shopping and take the boys out to give her space. Strangely enough her and bf have become estranged since and it seems her closest friends are school mums. Unfortunately she does not get on with her husbands family so receives no support from them! Her own family (and mine too) help via phone contact not because they live far - she kept them at arms length initially and they took offence because she let me in) and so some of our family have remained frosty towards her, so she just has me and my dh to rely on. My worry is her loneliness she is just so lonely she seems to have gone through most stages of grief but realise this is still early days. I can't bear to see her so lonely I can see it in her eyes she is 40 years old (looks childlike) is it ok to want her to meet someone new one day - will she ever be happy again?

2Retts Mon 17-Mar-14 03:28:31

She will be happy again one day Bevy...just give her the space she needs and be there when she needs you too.

You truly sound like a lovely sister indeed x

Musicaltheatremum Mon 17-Mar-14 20:56:30

Grief takes it's own time. I lost my husband to cancer 2 years ago this week. He was 50. I do feel lonely too. It's an empty feeling. Just be there for her and remember the anniversaries. She may meet someone. But when she does it will be right for her.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now