One minute at a time Skully.

I'm so sorry brewthanks x

TheSumofUs Wed 12-Mar-14 06:24:31

Do you want to tell is about him Prof?

TheSumofUs Wed 12-Mar-14 06:24:54

Us, that is, tell us about him

skully xxx

Fukeit Wed 12-Mar-14 07:04:24

I'm so sorry for the loss of your very dear father. I have no words of advice just that you aren't alone.

My dad died 12 days ago. In hospital, similar to you, I spent the first night in shock staring at the wall, trying to take it in.

I think your brain protects you and the graphic memories fade over the first day or so (I think it's like giving birth, you remember but it's not so vivid or painful)

Day 3 was dreadful then I started to feel a bit better. We are busy making funeral arrangements which has helped as it keeps you busy. I'm dreading it though.

Thinking of you xx

YoniMatopoeia Wed 12-Mar-14 08:22:07

So sorry Skully. Please be kind to yourself, you will be reeling.

Sorry to hear your sad news too fukeit.

ProfessorSkullyMental Tue 18-Mar-14 22:31:35

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

HippoCritic Wed 19-Mar-14 04:20:59

I am so sorry thanks It's very hard, just walking around and having everything remind you. With my Mum, even the little stuff like a whiff of er favourite perfume would get to me. brew

waterlego Thu 20-Mar-14 18:34:48

I'm so sorry for your loss. I recognise my own feelings in what you describe.

You will get through this, because you have to. One foot in front of the other, one breath after another. One minute, hour, day at a time.

Look after yourself. Eat little and often if you can't face big meals. Sleep when you can. Reach out for support from whoever is offering it.

Grief is awful. It is life-changing. I'm so sorry that you have been remembering his last hours in such vivid detail- that's hard, but I don't think it'll always be that way. In time, it'll fade, and the other memories- the ones where your darling dad is smiling, laughing and living his life- will creep back in.

My thoughts are with you.

Mintyy Thu 20-Mar-14 18:38:29

Oh no Skully! I have only just seen this. I am so very sorry sad. How painful it must be. It is such a difficult time when a very close loved one dies. The world seems to keep on turning and life goes on ... but how? It all seems surreal. Thoughts are with you and your family flowers.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now