My dads dying.

(18 Posts)
ProfessorSkullyMental Fri 07-Mar-14 09:39:48

how do you do this? How do you get through.

All along they've told us he'll get back to normal, that people with kidney failure can live a normal life around the dialysis.

so why is my dad dying? Why does he have sepsis for the 6th time? why am i facing losing the rock in my world at only 62.. its only days now, i've we're lucky, and unless someone pulls a miracle from somewhere.

and how the hell am i ever going to help my mom through this when i'm not sure i can get through it myself.

i'm not ready, ilove him too much, this hurts so much, i cant do this.

ThursdayLast Fri 07-Mar-14 09:45:08

Oh I'm so so sorry thanks
I have no doubt that you are stronger than you feel right now.

Abra1d Fri 07-Mar-14 09:46:37

I am so sorry. Thinking of you and sending you strength.

dtsmum Fri 07-Mar-14 11:23:23

I am so sorry you are going through this. I lost my wonderful Mum 10 months ago to sepsis after being on dialysis for just three weeks. It has been the hardest ten months of our lives. I am thinking of you thanks

HeinzSight Mon 10-Mar-14 23:15:28

My Dad also is dying. Your words convey my feelings exactly. It's completely hideous. sad Have you been offered counselling?

Fayrazzled Tue 11-Mar-14 14:55:31

My Mum died almost 6 weeks ago from sepsis and other complications. It is such a difficult time. My heart is with you. Spend as much time with your beloved Dad as you can. Talk to him and hold his hand. Reminisce over all the happy times. Tell him you love him and anything else you want to say.

It is so hard to lose a much loved parent too soon. But I do draw some small comfort from the fact that we knew Mum was going to go and we could say everything we wanted to and properly say good-bye.

The next few days will be tough. Know that all of us on the bereavement board are here for you and if you have any real life friends you can lean on, do.

ProfessorSkullyMental Wed 12-Mar-14 00:09:00

hes gone.. he passed this afternoon while i held his hand.

i'm lost, my heart is broken.

kerstina Wed 12-Mar-14 17:47:43

So sorry Professor .We are all here for you on here.We know how you feel. Keep talking. Am sure he was at peace holding your hand.

twentyten Wed 12-Mar-14 17:51:46

So sorry

notapizzaeater Wed 12-Mar-14 17:53:27

So sorry xx

TweetPetite Wed 12-Mar-14 17:54:10

Oh professor I'm so so sorry.
I don't have the right words but sending you hugs.

usualsuspect33 Wed 12-Mar-14 18:00:55

Oh Skully <hugs>

minmooch Wed 12-Mar-14 21:29:08

So sorry for your loss.

Superworm Wed 12-Mar-14 21:38:19

So sorry. Hope his last moments were peaceful thanks

Weegiemum Wed 12-Mar-14 21:39:20

I'm so sorry for your loss xxx

mummylin Wed 12-Mar-14 21:53:13

professor I am so sorry for your loss. If and when you feel like it there are lots of us in your position. Please join us if you need a shoulder
here

WandaDoff Wed 12-Mar-14 22:00:03

Much love Skully xx

So sorry Skully for your loss x

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now