About to adopt, widowed

(5 Posts)
Marraskuu Fri 28-Feb-14 22:45:44

Hoping for some sensible and comforting words. I know I'm lucky in all sorts of ways, I'm just having a moment.

My husband died ten years ago (at 27). Life has gone on, and got better. I have a brilliant family, and lots of support still from his family.

We didn't have children, and so I began proceedings to be approved to adopt on my own. I've been approved, and am now at the start of being matched with a child. It's stressful, but all good news and exciting ... But some evenings, I just really really miss my husband and wish we were doing it together.

FayeKorgasm Fri 28-Feb-14 22:48:31

Wow. I can't even begin to know how you have coped but you sound amazing. I wish you and your family to be, so much happiness. thanks

magimedi Fri 28-Feb-14 22:49:48

You will always miss your husband and it is totally normal to be 'having a moment'.

How lovely you are to be going ahead with the adoption & what a lucky child that will be to have you as her/his Mum.

I hope it all goes as smoothly as it can for you & would love to hear updates.

flowers

Marraskuu Fri 28-Feb-14 23:28:42

Thank you both! There's such a pressure to be emotionally unflappable during the approval process that until I read your words, I had sort of forgotten that it's OK to struggle sometimes smile

I've had a cry and feel much better - time to take a mug of tea and a good book to bed, and see what tomorrow brings. Thanks again for replying - you really helped.

Mojito100 Sat 01-Mar-14 14:03:49

I just wanted to acknowledge your post and feelings. Be free to feel and good luck with the adoption.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now