A few words for my other dad

(3 Posts)
StupidMistakes Fri 24-Jan-14 22:28:28

he was my father in law, tomorrow marks 6 years since he suddenly passed away.

You were the closest thing I ever had to a dad, I was your princess and you spoilt me rotten, just as if I was your own, I was the apple of your eye and you were my dad the only one I had ever known, you understood that my dad passed so many years previous, and never judged, you were there to support and look after me no matter what,
regardless to me staying with your son or not, I look back now and realise even if I had chose to leave you would have fulfilled your promises and made sure I was safe and had somewhere to call home. You were the unjudgemental, kind, loving father that I wish I could have had. I miss you, in so many different ways and I wish we would have had more time together than we did. I know you are proud of me. I wish you would have gotten to meet your grandson, who you would have idolised, I feel so blessed to have known you and for you to have classed me as your daughter.

Missing you today, tomorrow and always. Sleep peacefully. Much love always SM xxxxx

JeanSeberg Fri 24-Jan-14 22:40:11

Take care SM. I hope you get to do something special tomorrow to mark the anniversary.

thanks

SM that's beautiful. He sounds an amazing and very kind man.

My DMIL would have adored the three GC she never met and the one she meet only as a toddler, DD1 is 16 next week.

She treated me as a daughter from the day I parachuted into her life, DH and I got engaged after six weeks, I was his fiancee before we even met. She had every reason to be suspicious, to judge, to wonder and she was just lovely.

I still miss her even after 13years.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now