Struggling at this time of year

(12 Posts)
AsBrightAsAJewel Wed 01-Jan-14 01:55:02

Wishing everyone a better 2014

wakeupandsmellthecoffee Wed 01-Jan-14 01:52:52

Like others I've had the worst emotional time.My mum died suddenly and unexpectedly in February.
She died Thursday evening and as she lived in Spain we had to arrange flights and everything else.Her funeral was on the Monday.Because it was so sudden I still struggle with it .
My step sister died on the 14th December .She was only 40, And as sad as her passing is it has brought it all back about mum.
I have never ever felt so sad .We have my step sister's funeral to get through yet and I'm hoping of all hope to get through this and then things wIll get back to a more even keel .

TheArticFunky Wed 01-Jan-14 01:52:24

My Dad also died in May. I've shed a tear every day since but it's particularly hard at this time of year. I don't want there to be a new year that he is not in .

All the Christmases and New Years that we spent apart if only I knew then what I know now. I feel your pain.

shhhgobacktosleep Wed 01-Jan-14 01:26:36

You are not alone. My husband and love of my life died suddenly and without warning aged 39 on Good Friday and I can honestly say I have not cried as much since he died as I have in the past week. Long lingering silent tears pouring down my face pretty much every moment of the past 7 days and nights. I too want to start 2013 again, full of hope and dreams and not having to live through this and watch our children grow up without him in their lives.

Helpyourself Wed 01-Jan-14 01:12:35

flowers for you all and your lost loved ones x

A hand to hold and support here too.

Take care.

ChippingInLovesChristmasLights Wed 01-Jan-14 01:05:42

Big Hugs for everyone.

I find New Year hard too - it's another year further away from lost loved ones. Another set of 'anniversaries' to be faced. Another year they wont be here to be a part of our lives. I'm trying to see it as just another day.

Guiltypleasures001 Wed 01-Jan-14 00:58:50

Thinking of you op I lost my daughter just shy of her being 2 that was 18yrs ago on the 30th I only do Xmas because I have a son he's 15 now though and not too bothered bless I'm.

Un mumsnetty hug even though my iPad wanted to correct it to up
Snotty hmm

HeGrewWhiskersOnHisChin Wed 01-Jan-14 00:58:08

This time of year is hard.

I always remember a conversation I had with my dad this time 5 years ago.

We talked about the coming new year and how it couldn't get any worse, and looked forward to the arrival of my overdue DS ( who was born New Years Day).

My dad however died suddenly a few weeks later.

New Years Eve is not a happy night for me either.

Rdoo Wed 01-Jan-14 00:49:02

Just to let you know you're not alone. My brother (and friend) died suddenly on boxing day.
I can't begin to express my emotions tonight.

AsBrightAsAJewel Tue 31-Dec-13 15:07:19

I have no wise words, just offer you support. New Year is tough for anyone who has lost loved ones. You are still grieving and must go through the process. Do what ever you need to to get through the next few days. Take care.

MrsCaptainJackSparrow Tue 31-Dec-13 13:22:01

I'm having a very teary day today. Nothing in particular has set me off, I just think it's the time of year.

My ds was born 2 months early in march. He's now a bouncy 9 month old who's sitting beside me giggling whilst I sob.

My dad died very quickly back in May. I miss him. He's missed his first grandsons first Christmas and now we are going into 2014 without him.

I don't think I've cried so much since may.

I don't want to celebrate going into a new year. I want to go back and start 2013 again.

I moved away in march just before ds was born so I've go no family or friends close by apart from my dp and ds.

Just feeling a bit low and hoping writing it down helps x

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now