My mum died last week

(2 Posts)
pcbmc00 Tue 10-Dec-13 19:49:11

My mum has had cancer the last 2 years very advanced on initial diagnosis I feel I have been grieving for my mother the last 2 years and the sense of relief since she died has been overwhelming. I would have rang her 2/3 times a day and called in most days. I have 3 dc and work full time in a busy fast paced competitive job. Should I be more upset? Am I just going to collapse with grief soon. What's going on why am I not more sad?? I'm feeling ...guilty

chocolatewine Tue 10-Dec-13 20:29:03

I'm sorry that you've lost your mum.

You have been under a lot of stress for a long time so you're feelings aren't straightforward and I don't think there is a 'proper' or 'correct' way to feel. I was quite 'relieved' when my mum died because she had been suffering for 9 months with cancer. Looking back, I suppose I was relieved she wasn't ill anymore, I definitely wasn't relieved she was dead.

The most important thig now is to be good to yourself. Have you got family and friends to help you?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now