My mum died last week

(5 Posts)
NaturalBlondeYeahRight Tue 10-Dec-13 21:48:25

I think humans are probably intrinsically quite selfish, the relief can be huge (I think especially for those dealing with dementia I believe)
Have you had funeral yet? Ours won't be for a while yet, I'm wondering and worrying how I will feel then.

littlewaltham Tue 10-Dec-13 21:38:48

I make you right NatBlonde there is no right or wrong way to deal with death.

NaturalBlondeYeahRight Tue 10-Dec-13 21:20:56

My dad died last week of cancer too. I got upset on the night but I've kind of been ok since, it's a busy time of year, dad hated being ill and didn't even want treatment in the first place (we pursuaded him). I feel sorry for my mum more than anything. Don't think the way anyone feels is wrong.

littlewaltham Tue 10-Dec-13 21:13:08

You are already grieving its a funny old process. Early days. Take comfort that the worry is over but the reflection will come in time.

pcbmc00 Tue 10-Dec-13 19:48:39

My mum has had cancer the last 2 years very advanced on initial diagnosis I feel I have been grieving for my mother the last 2 years and the sense of relief since she died has been overwhelming. I would have rang her 2/3 times a day and called in most days. I have 3 dc and work full time in a busy fast paced competitive job. Should I be more upset? Am I just going to collapse with grief soon. What's going on why am I not more sad?? I'm feeling ...guilty

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now