need a good forum thst my male friend can go on over sudden death of his wife

(9 Posts)
DottyboutDots Thu 17-Oct-13 10:57:31

She died in an accident, which he was also hurt in. The person who's fault it was, left them and still hasn't been found.

He us desperate and house bound. Where can he go to online?

LaVitaBellissima Thu 17-Oct-13 10:59:52

So. Sorry for your friend, this topic is fab and there are other men on Mumsnet thanks not sure about other forums.

DottyboutDots Thu 17-Oct-13 18:36:22

Thanks. Just reread my post in all its typo glory. blush

newstarticus Mon 21-Oct-13 22:27:35

Can I recommend WAY (widowed and young)? It's for people who lose a partner below the age of 50. They have a website and a Facebook group. I joined after the loss of my husband and there are some good people there.

DottyboutDots Tue 22-Oct-13 10:21:03

Thank you news!

DottyboutDots Tue 22-Oct-13 10:25:18

and, apologies that i posted without thinking - i'm very sorry for your loss too.

Teslaedison Mon 28-Oct-13 08:39:18

www.merrywidow.me.uk.

So sorry for what's happened. My husband died in a car crash where the whole family was involved.

I hope that you all get the support needed. I have received so much advice from merrywidow. We are all in the same situation.

I have also been in touch with brake. They provide counselling for victims/friends of people who have experienced a RTA.

A massive hug to you all as I remember those dark moments.

DottyboutDots Mon 28-Oct-13 09:09:40

So sorry to hear of your heartache and I hope the dark moments are much less frequent now. I have passed it on.

Blondeshavemorefun Mon 28-Oct-13 22:26:45

He is lucky to have you as a friend

I found way - widowed and young supportive after my husband committed suicide

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now