Friends partner took his own life...

(8 Posts)
Woodenpeg Wed 18-Sep-13 17:31:45

She has no one helping her and I'm trying my best.

Please can someone tell me what to do. So far, I am being very practical help - slowly finding things out, calling the doctors for some tablets (sort term) to help her. That sort of thing...

She's not down as next of kin and the next of kin are unable to speak to her yet. So information coming in very slowly, and almost begrudgingly it seems.

Her grief is horrific to watch, will continue to support.. I knew him too. I can't get my head around it. It crushes you in waves. Will be strong for her.

He left letters. Christ.

It was, for everyone concerned, totally out of the blue... total shock. Completely and utterly.

Please can someone link something to help? Have sobs.org (terrible name for a website!) But can't seem to concentrate... Anything else, would be wonderful.

Might not be online until tomorrow, but really appreciate any help in advance. x

I am so sorry to read this. I dont have experience but wanted to pass on my condolences to you and your friend. x

Deathbyladybirds Wed 18-Sep-13 20:17:56

Has she got children? Make her food?

Woodenpeg Thu 19-Sep-13 10:30:50

She has one child, and I've cooked, cleaned and trying to lift her up off the floor.

I think some progress is being made, she's talking in 'future' terms, which is something.

Thanks for replying... I'll keep googling for help, I have a clearer mind today.

nichat Wed 16-Oct-13 15:50:41

Just knowing you are there will help her, be in touch often, go & see her & invite her out. I too lost my gorgeous partner to suicide last month & am still completely in bits & am devastated but knowing people care does help. Perhaps suggest she writes on here, realising that this dreadful thing happens to others too can be a comfort. Her situation sounds exactly like mine, almost wondering if you are the dear friend who has helped me the most through this? If not I am sure we could be of support to each other, stay strong for her & please ask her to message me if she would like to, I know I would dearly love to hear from someone who truly understands how much pain you feel & how devastating suicide is. Take care X

Sharptic Fri 18-Oct-13 21:10:32

I was in a similar situation a long time ago now, I was young with no children though.

I found the biggest help was someone who would listen to me go over the turmoil. I didn't want my mind taken off it, impossible. And after a few months when everyone else seems to think all is back to normal, please carry on listening because even if she has resumed normal life, her grief will still be there and it's likely most friends will expect her to have moved on.

Sounds like a tough job for a good friend.

most people won't want to bring it up or talk anymore.

Sharptic Fri 18-Oct-13 21:12:27

And so sorry nichat, suicide is devastating, I thought I had lost my mind dealing with the pain and guilt. It will get easier.

nichat Sat 19-Oct-13 02:16:55

No idea how it may get easier - gets worse each day, I love him with all my heart & just desperately want him back xxxx feels like I'm sinking xxxxxxx

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now