What to do on anniversary of son's death

(8 Posts)
Joy5 Fri 06-Sep-13 19:59:23

Thank you everyone, spent most of the day walking the dog, heavy downpours too which seemed appropriate and matched my mood.

Now sat looking at photos with candles, weird day didn't want to behave as if it was a normal day, but couldn't work out what to do either xx

JuliaScurr Fri 06-Sep-13 19:23:03

I didn't see your post until now.
A painful few years for you; hope you found some peace today
best wishes

TwentyTinyToes Fri 06-Sep-13 19:15:29

Hope today passed peacefully for you. X

ExcuseTypos Fri 06-Sep-13 19:11:57

Hope today went ok Joy.x

ilovelilos Fri 06-Sep-13 19:09:34

Hope your day went ok Joy, with some lovely memories of your son.
Xxx

SouthernB Fri 06-Sep-13 14:40:43

How did today go Joy5? What did you do? Hope it was as bearable as possible.

ABSEG3 Thu 05-Sep-13 16:43:58

Hi there - I am happy to hear you feel you should do something - as yes alive or passed - it is a milestone for yourself to remember the life of your son. have you thought of doing something he liked - or going somewhere he used to like spend his time - either of which he is with you but you will feel his presence there strongest.
or possibly a meal - or a cosy night in just you and your sons.

Joy5 Thu 05-Sep-13 15:39:20

Tomorrow its five years since my 18 year old son died. Just don't know what to do with myself, has anyone any ideas? Feels like a milestone and should do something but dont know what.

Will take flowers to his grave but then what? Youngest son is at school, middle son has aspergers so don't want to burden him.

Everyone in RL seems to be at work. EH left two years ago, doubt we'll get contact from him tomorrow, so will really be on my own all day.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now