Would you like flowers every year?

(9 Posts)
confuddledDOTcom Tue 13-Aug-13 00:57:40

You aren't going to make anything worse or make them think about it or anything like that, it's already as bad as it will get and they are thinking about it. Sending flowers and a thinking of you message tells them they're not alone.

Occasionally someone will buy me my daughter's flowers on her birthday, I always let off lanterns but feel no one else would remember if it wasn't for me.

ChippingInHopHopHop Tue 13-Aug-13 00:45:43

It is a lovely thing to do. A couple of people 'remembered' (in different ways) the first year - but no one since and that's actually really hard - and lonely. It's not like you are reminding them of something that they will have forgotten... (iyswim)

lisad123everybodydancenow Tue 13-Aug-13 00:42:52

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

expatinscotland Mon 12-Aug-13 18:40:35

I think it's lovely. My friend died 12 years ago. I still send his mother a card on his birthday every year. Now, she does the same for me, for my daughter.

MissMarplesBloomers Mon 12-Aug-13 18:34:23

How thoughtful of you, bereavements are so personal and painful but to have the person forgotten(by some) must be the saddest thing but inevitable with each year that passes I guess.

For you to remember, and share memories of his mum will be a great comfort I'm sure.

mummylin Mon 12-Aug-13 18:31:43

I also,think its a lovely thing to do

i think it would be lovely

ILikeToMoveItMoveIt Mon 12-Aug-13 14:37:24

My mum and dad always send us flowers on the anniversary of ds's death, we also get cards from family and friends.

Both are welcome. To know he isn't forgotten is a huge thing to us.

I'm sure your friends will be very touched, you're a lovely friend smile

lisad123everybodydancenow Mon 12-Aug-13 14:32:45

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now