Help preparing dd for the death of her friend please help.

(2 Posts)
Aquamildred Tue 23-Jul-13 13:07:39

I hope this is the right area to post, I am so sorry if it is not.
My dds lovely friend is dying, she is seven years old and in organ failure, she has been poorly all her life but is now in palative care, her parents have been told she has only a very short time left.

I hurt for mum and dad, I hurt for the little girl, no girl should have had to go through what she has in her life and she is so amazing and strong and beautiful. I feel so angry and cant even begin to imagine what her mum and dad are going through.

DD is ten but has additional needs and the understanding of a younger child, she knows her friend is poorly, she knows its bad but I am not sure she realises how bad.

Please help me prepare her if you can.

halestone Tue 23-Jul-13 13:57:16

I didn't want to read and run and i'm sure someone will come along who knows something about this subject soon.

I was thinking would it be possible for you and DD to make a memory book about her friend. The time you spend doing this with her could be spent talking about what was going to happen and her feelings.

I am sorry that your DD's friend is going through this and also that your DD has to face this at such a young age.thanks

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now